IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

No, I'm pretty sure they have a thing about not eating pork because of the Old Testament. They've talked about it in passing before. I don't think it's a super strict rule, though - like if they were served pork, they wouldn't refuse it. They just don't choose to eat it because 'mumble mumble something Old Testament mumble Jesus mumble closer to God mumble mumble mumble'.

I've been thinking about this, and I wonder if the not-eating-pork business is to shut down critics who may accuse them of not following ALL old testament laws, since fundies often cite Leviticus in their arguments about homosexuality. That way they don't seem to be as hypocritical

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about this, and I wonder if the not-eating-pork business is to shut down critics who may accuse them of not following ALL old testament laws, since fundies often cite Leviticus in their arguments about homosexuality. That way they don't seem to be as hypocritical

That would be somewhat logical, but I don't think that's why they do it. Fundamentalists love rules, especially if following them is relatively easy and can make them feel superior to the heathen masses, and not eating pork is a very easy rule to follow.

The Cirrus flew to Big Sandy today.

yMEzeBph.png

This is boring, John David. Go somewhere interesting, so we can speculate!

Man they fly around like its a car. Every time they have to take a trip more than a couple hours it seems like they just fly instead. Not what we would expect from people that may have money issues.

Man they fly around like its a car. Every time they have to take a trip more than a couple hours it seems like they just fly instead. Not what we would expect from people that may have money issues.

They could be chartering flights for income.

That would be somewhat logical, but I don't think that's why they do it. Fundamentalists love rules, especially if following them is relatively easy and can make them feel superior to the heathen masses, and not eating pork is a very easy rule to follow.

Especially if you only avoid pork at home and choose to remain ignorant on what contains pork. Like, I'll believe they don't order pork chops, but we have seen them eat pepperoni pizza sooooo many times.

Especially if you only avoid pork at home and choose to remain ignorant on what contains pork. Like, I'll believe they don't order pork chops, but we have seen them eat pepperoni pizza sooooo many times.

My ex was raised in a Jewish family where they did not keep kosher but avoided mixing milk and meat and eating pork. There were two exceptions: pizza and Chinese food. ;)

Hi guys the Cirrus flew to Springdale today and is turning right around and going back to Big Sandy. I'm traveling myself, but will try to get screenshots up tonight, if I can get my laptop online later.

Doesn't the Family Conference thingie start today? JD's probably shuttling people to that.

Yep, Family Camp started today. I wonder what the Duggar plane was doing in Big Sandy this week before Family Camp started. Here are screenshots!

qmF5Hbzh.png

ptAPgmJh.png

So the Cirrus was in Springdale for an hour before heading back to Big Sandy. JB&M are featured speakers at the event, so maybe JD went to pick them up. alertacademy.com/iaa/fc/

So the Cirrus was in Springdale for an hour before heading back to Big Sandy. JB&M are featured speakers at the event, so maybe JD went to pick them up. alertacademy.com/iaa/fc/

I didn't realize JB and M were still booked as speakers anywhere. :? I assumed their events were all cancelled. I hope only fundie events like Big Sandy still want them as speakers!

My ex was raised in a Jewish family where they did not keep kosher but avoided mixing milk and meat and eating pork. There were two exceptions: pizza and Chinese food. ;)

LOL! I have a friend that do no keep kosher either, but they adhere to most kosher standards, except they all LOVE bacon, and ham. :mrgreen: :lol: They only abstain during high holy days, and had to explain to their daughter that they couldn't have a bacon bar at her bat mitzvah.

Cirrus went to Springdale and back to Big Sandy again today, presumably flying JB and J'chelle home and then (JD?) returning to BS for whatever he's doing there.

Awaiting halcionne's screencaps, :D

Cirrus went to Springdale and back to Big Sandy again today, presumably flying JB and J'chelle home and then (JD?) returning to BS for whatever he's doing there.

Awaiting halcionne's screencaps, :D

It looks like he flew into Springdale, but out of Rogers. Chauffeuring the Dillards, perhaps? Oh right, they moved out of the cat house. :?

I don't know when I'll be able to get screencaps up-- it could be another day or so.

It looks like he flew into Springdale, but out of Rogers. Chauffeuring the Dillards, perhaps? Oh right, they moved out of the cat house. :?

I don't know when I'll be able to get screencaps up-- it could be another day or so.

No worries on the screen caps! (Travel well!)

Flying into Springdale and out of Rogers doesn't make sense to me at first glance. I guess the plane can fly Springdale to Rogers without filing a flight plan? (or... did anyone in NW Arkansas see a Cirrus motoring on Bloomington Street in Rogers?)

Ok, I had to laugh at cat house. Where I'm from that's another name for a house of prostitution.

Screenies!

Ngf2BVMh.png

Cirrus. Big Sandy to Springdale on October 11. 300-ish miles; one hour and twenty minutes by plane, five and a half hours by car. This flight landed at 3:24PM Central Daylight Time.

snbPrybh.png

Cirrus. Rogers to Big Sandy on October 11. 325-ish miles; an hour and a half by plane, nearly six hours by car. This flight took off at 5:45PM Central Daylight Time.

So we have an undocumented flight in a 2.5 hour window between Springdale and Rogers. Speculate away, FJers! Did JD pick up the Dillards plus Dan? There's room for another passenger if Israel's in someone's lap. The only reason I guess Dillards is because of their previous address (in a cat house, tee hee!). I don't really think Dan would be interested in ALERT bullshit, though. More musings: maybe JD gave his passengers a little tour of NWA, just for fun. Eh, there wouldn't be any point in landing in Rogers if that were the case.

sG8BMX9m.png

For the geographically clueless curious like me, I've included driving directions from Springdale to Rogers, which is 15 miles and about 30 minutes away by car. If you compare the two flight aware pictures you can see that Rogers is ever so slightly nearer to the state line.

Now I'm off to get caught up on fundie happenings while I was away on a pointless and annoying trip! :dance:

For the geographically clueless curious like me, I've included driving directions from Springdale to Rogers, which is 15 miles and about 30 minutes away by car. If you compare the two flight aware pictures you can see that Rogers is ever so slightly nearer to the state line.

Now I'm off to get caught up on fundie happenings while I was away on a pointless and annoying trip! :dance:

So awhile back on the "Re: I think some of the Duggar kids WILL leave sooner or lat" thread I posted about a storage building belonging to John Duggar in Rogers. It's a commercial building with a house on the property - my post: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26811&p=1013816&hilit=storage#p1013816

:shifty-kitty: So, this makes me wonder even more if JD is actually living out at the commercial property with his equipment and managing the storage units while living in the house on the property. And if JD is living up there it makes sense for him to fly in and out of Rogers.

on the arcountydata.com site- you need denton county and then just search by duggar- first hit in Rogers in John's name. Granted there could be another John Duggar in Arkansas other than our fundie JD....

[

on the arcountydata.com site- you need denton county and then just search by duggar- first hit in Rogers in John's name. Granted there could be another John Duggar in Arkansas other than our fundie JD....

Very interesting. This property looks to be just a couple doors down from the Stoney Brook McMansion.

And the mailing address for the property record...... drumroll please..... Arbor Acres.

Definitely the same John Duggar.

So awhile back on the "Re: I think some of the Duggar kids WILL leave sooner or lat" thread I posted about a storage building belonging to John Duggar in Rogers. It's a commercial building with a house on the property - my post: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26811&p=1013816&hilit=storage#p1013816

:shifty-kitty: So, this makes me wonder even more if JD is actually living out at the commercial property with his equipment and managing the storage units while living in the house on the property. And if JD is living up there it makes sense for him to fly in and out of Rogers.

Nice catch! I think that's the house the bank gave him in exchange for some demo work, or something. I think about that house often, but it slipped my mind this time. I wonder if he's getting income from the storage units, or if they're just full of Duggar crap.

In other news, the Cirrus is about to fly to DFW.

Nice catch! I think that's the house the bank gave him in exchange for some demo work, or something. I think about that house often, but it slipped my mind this time. I wonder if he's getting income from the storage units, or if they're just full of Duggar crap.

In other news, the Cirrus is about to fly to DFW.

DFW?! Has he flown into such a large airport before? I wonder if he is picking people up that flew into there or dropping people off to fly out. Like the Dilly's?! DFW would have flights that go to Central America.

They really use that airplane like a shuttle bus!

As for the storage units- I really hope he is making money off it and trying to actually make a living and not grifting.

I really hope its the Dillards finally getting their lazy grifting asses back to Central America via DFW.

DFW?! Has he flown into such a large airport before? I wonder if he is picking people up that flew into there or dropping people off to fly out. Like the Dilly's?! DFW would have flights that go to Central America.

They really use that airplane like a shuttle bus!

As for the storage units- I really hope he is making money off it and trying to actually make a living and not grifting.

Yeah, flying into DFW seems...adventurous. He's flown into San Antonio before, but wikipedia says SA served 8 million passengers last year, whereas DFW served 64 million, and is evidently the third busiest airport in the world. Good luck with that, JD.

Edit: I found an interesting thread about flying small aircraft into large airports here: http://aviation.stackexchange.com/quest ... sideration

I would think Jill and Derick should finally be leaving.

But who knows with these people.

It's so weird that they never drive anywhere.

sYHjoExh.png

Cirrus. Big Sandy to DFW: 135 miles; one hour by plane, two hours by car.

There is a comment about flying small craft into DFW on the aviation forum I linked above--second to the last on the page--which suggests that DFW is pretty small-craft friendly. The pilots who had landed at large airports generally reported that it was quite thrilling and felt like a bit of a privilege, but some members commented that all airports in the US have to offer landing services to pilots flying on IFR. Still, if a pilot feels intimidated or like she or he needs to be at a certain skill level before requesting to land at a big airport, I think it would definitely feel like an honor to be permitted to do so. I'll bet JD's feeling pretty pleased with himself this afternoon. Congratulations! :clap:

I w7ould think Jill and Derick should finally be leaving.

But who knows with these people.

It's so weird that they never drive anywhere.

Isn't Jessa due soon? She might leave after the birth of Qunicy, or after Thanksgiving but there is Christmas as well. So we will see. :wink-kitty:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived