IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

Pure speculation...perhaps the IBLP Board members/defendants want to meet somewhere central but in the middle of nowhere?  Illinois HQ might not be the best spot for them right now.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure speculation...perhaps the IBLP Board members/defendants want to meet somewhere central but in the middle of nowhere?  Illinois HQ might not be the best spot for them right now.

There aren't any real hotels/motels there.  We are talking 1200 people at most.  Salina or Hays would make more sense.  Not large cities by most but at least some amenities to make life comfortable.  They would also blend in better in those cities, enough travelers that no one pays attention.  In a town like Smith Center or Osborne everyone goes "Who are those people and why are they here"

There aren't any real hotels/motels there.  We are talking 1200 people at most.  Salina or Hays would make more sense.  Not large cities by most but at least some amenities to make life comfortable.  They would also blend in better in those cities, enough travelers that no one pays attention.  In a town like Smith Center or Osborne everyone goes "Who are those people and why are they here"

There is one motel there. The company I work for had a construction project there earlier this year.  It's really crappy.  Smith Center is a great place to hunt for pheasant though.

There is one motel there. The company I work for had a construction project there earlier this year.  It's really crappy.  Smith Center is a great place to hunt for pheasant though.

There is a nice looking B&B - http://ingleboromansion.com/

I'm a Brit and when they did the European tour they went to a pub and had lunch. I'm a girl that loves nothing more than a pub lunch and so I paid attention and I can clearly remember Anna saying that her favourite dish was toad in the hole (tasty but very unhealthy, typical Duggar fodder). Toad in the hole has sausages/ bangers (or bongers as the sotdrt liked to pronounce it) in it and I've never been in a pub that serves beef sausages, they are always pork.

I suppose the production crew could have called ahead with dietary requirements but without re-watching the video, I'm sure we saw an image of the meal and it looked like pork sausages that they were all tucking in to.

I remember that show. Didn't Anna also say something like, "I really didn't know what it was, I thought it might be a real toad!"

In defense of the J'Slave who said "Bongers and Mash", they showed the chalk-written menu board that she was reading it from and the "a" did look a bit like an "o".  I'm sure they never heard of it before and the average american teenager has probably never heard it before.

Smith Center is a great place to hunt for pheasant though.

The hunting idea is a good one for what would keep JD (presumably the Cirrus pilot) in Smith Center for this long. Pheasant season isn't until mid-November for adults, but ducks, elk, snipe, rail, dove, woodcock, bullfrog, turkey, squirrel, 'running,' and deer by bow are in season. Are any of these a draw to Smith Center?

I'd think JD would stay a week to bag elk if that's an option. Turkey hunting is very popular in Arkansas, so he could do that at home. JD seems more a guns guy than a hunting-bow guy, but Jinger looked pretty comfortable with the bow in the recent photo, so maybe the Duggs are more into archery than we might think.

Yeah I couldn't see them having anything decent.  We have one motel in the whole county out here and I certainly wouldn't use it for a board meeting.  I stand by if IBLP was meeting they would use Salina or Hays not Smith Center.

Smith Center is a great place to hunt for pheasant though.

The hunting idea is a good one for what would keep JD (presumably the Cirrus pilot) in Smith Center for this long. Pheasant season isn't until mid-November for adults, but ducks, elk, snipe, rail, dove, woodcock, bullfrog, turkey, squirrel, 'running,' and deer by bow are in season. Are any of these a draw to Smith Center?

I'd think JD would stay a week to bag elk if that's an option. Turkey hunting is very popular in Arkansas, so he could do that at home. JD seems more a guns guy than a hunting-bow guy, but Jinger looked pretty comfortable with the bow in the recent photo, so maybe the Duggs are more into archery than we might think.

Bird hunting is what western Kansas is good for.  Turkey and deer are usually done on the Eastern side of the state.  We've got some great deer over here but not so great bird hunting other than ducks.  He couldn't hunt Elk.  There are only 20 tags released each year and they are only available to residents.  Hubby applies every year and has yet to get one. 

There is a nice looking B&B - http://ingleboromansion.com/

It's only got 3 bedrooms though.  You know those guys aren't going to be sharing a room let alone a bed. 

The Cirrus has finally left Smith Center and is currently on its way to Gladewater, Texas.

Maybe the plane was there for repairs or an inspection.  

Where is Gladewater, TX located in the state?

10 miles east of Big Sandy/Alert...

Maybe the plane was there for repairs or an inspection.  

Where is Gladewater, TX located in the state?

10 miles east of Big Sandy/Alert...

OK, thank you.    

oCeQYWf.png

Cirrus. Smith Center, KS to Gladewater, TX: 650 miles, a 3 hour flight or a 10 hour drive.

Gladewater is one of several Upshur County airports near Big Sandy that Duggar planes have landed at in the past. I wonder why they choose whichever one they do on any particular occasion.

The Cirrus was in Smith Center for nine days--that's quite a visit, imo--and it's interesting that JD the pilot went back to Big Sandy and not the TTH. Our pilot has been away from the TTH for quite some time.

Side note about international flight, since folks have asked if JD could swing down and pick up Jill at a moment's notice to deliver Jessa's baby. Our anonymous contributor says (I'm paraphrasing poorly, as usual) there are a lot of hoops to jump through and it would be easy for JD to have trouble getting it done if he made the attempt. I interpreted anon's thoughts to mean that if JD bit it off during an urgent event, it would likely be more than he could chew.

oCeQYWf.png

Cirrus. Smith Center, KS to Gladewater, TX: 650 miles, a 3 hour flight or a 10 hour drive.

Gladewater is one of several Upshur County airports near Big Sandy that Duggar planes have landed at in the past. I wonder why they choose whichever one they do on any particular occasion.

The Cirrus was in Smith Center for nine days--that's quite a visit, imo--and it's interesting that JD the pilot went back to Big Sandy and not the TTH. Our pilot has been away from the TTH for quite some time.

Side note about international flight, since folks have asked if JD could swing down and pick up Jill at a moment's notice to deliver Jessa's baby. Our anonymous contributor says (I'm paraphrasing poorly, as usual) there are a lot of hoops to jump through and it would be easy for JD to have trouble getting it done if he made the attempt. I interpreted anon's thoughts to mean that if JD bit it off during an urgent event, it would likely be more than he could chew.

As ever, halcionne, thank you--screenshot and extra tidbits too!

You may have told us this upthread, or if not, it may be your sense too that from what we've seen on TLC Cam, Alert Field is just that, a field with landing strip and no or minimal fuel facility. I figure that they need to land elsewhere for fuel and 'Texas tea' of one kind or another.

It'll be interesting to see if the plane goes on to Springdale after this this touchdown. Then we could conjecture that he was dropping off Big Sandy passengers (after a hunting trip vacation, corn pone courting, or a IBLP powwow) and is heading home for 'work.'

I think JD is trying to bag a fundy corn-fed maiden.

This is my vote as well. I love love love this thread. Thank you, halcionne! My stalking never feels complete until I know where JD is. 

Or maybe JD the pilot is staying on in Big Sandy and taking the ten miles from Gladiator to Alert Field by asphalt.

Halcionne inspired screenshot below:

JD rollin'.jpeg

The Cirrus was in Smith Center for nine days--that's quite a visit, imo--and it's interesting that

JD

the pilot went back to Big Sandy and not the

TTH

. Our pilot has been away from the

TTH

for quite some time.

This is quite possible (probable, I suppose) but you can't rule out the possibility that the Cirrus did fly back to the TTH in these 9 days. There was generally good weather during that stretch allowing for plenty of VFR activity, not requiring flight plans.

Unrelated... it just occurred to me there's room for an 1800 foot runway at the compound. That's just a bit more than than SR22 needs to take off. Airport Code: KTTH

KTTH.JPG

@djmd They really should pave their own runway. Homebirth, homeschool, homeflight! Who needs air traffic control when you have God traffic control? :pb_lol:

Josiah, CEO of Duggar Construction, needs to get to building that runway. I'm sure that  College Plus  offers air traffic control classes online.  Duggar International Airport is going to be up and running in no time!

I'm looking forward to sitting down to a lunch of BBQ tuna and tater tots in the airport cafeteria!  (which will be run by Anna)

The Cirrus was in Smith Center for nine days--that's quite a visit, imo--and it's interesting that

JD

TTH

TTH

for quite some time.

This is quite possible (probable, I suppose) but you can't rule out the possibility that the Cirrus did fly back to the TTH in these 9 days. There was generally good weather during that stretch allowing for plenty of VFR activity, not requiring flight plans.

Unrelated... it just occurred to me there's room for an 1800 foot runway at the compound. That's just a bit more than than SR22 needs to take off. Airport Code: KTTH

Maybe, but what are the chances that the Cirrus would have then returned to Smith Center where this flight originated?

@djmd They really should pave their own runway. Homebirth, homeschool, homeflight! Who needs air traffic control when you have God traffic control? :pb_lol:

Not just "God is my Co-Pilot"-- "God is my Air Traffic Controller"

JD

TTH

TTH

for quite some time.

Maybe, but what are the chances that the Cirrus would have then returned to Smith Center where this flight originated?

Yeah, I know, that's why I said Halcionne's theory was the probable one. Could have been a total coincidence. Just saying there's no way to really know. That's a long stretch for their "main" plane to sit given all the crap that is going on in Duggarville.

XQaGnVZ.png

Cirrus. Gladewater, TX to Springdale, AR. 325-ish miles; 1.5 hour flight, 5.5 hour drive.

I need a private plane, so I can cut my transportation times by two thirds or three quarters. :kitty-shifty: If I were JD, I would never drive anywhere!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived