IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

baby-bangs.com/index2.php

Just going to leave this here...

still better than those fake pigtails michelle put on bald Josie for the first two years of her life

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those fake pigtail things they put on Josie were hideous. Who puts a toupee on a baby?

I don't know if they do the headband thing to make a statement because it's pretty mainstream. I loved headbands for my daughter. There are tons that are so cute and comfortable. I also wasn't a fan of gender neutral clothes when they were little. Babies are a huge attention draw and it saved having to answer strangers asking if they were a boy or girl.

And in the toddler stage? Let me preface this by saying I adore my boys and wouldn't change a thing about my family but my daughter was so much more fun to dress! Except for the whimsy of the patterns on some stuff little boys clothes are like mini-versions of their dad's clothes. Cute but girls are on a completely different fashion runway than grown women. If she had wanted to dial it down I wouldn't have forced her into the ultra girly stuff but she gravitated toward everything sparkly, bright, ruffles, and bows.

Heck, I read here (forget which thread) about head coverings and someone mentioned a site. I tried to talk my husband into converting to whatever funny branch would require me to wear really cute headbands everyday. He sugessted I Wear whatever I want on my head and leave Jesus out of it. But yeah, I love pretty cloth headbands now - I just can't pull it off outside the house.

Tldr: baby toupees are horrible but love of cute headbands doesn't mean it's a statement in gender roles. Sometimes a headband is just a headband.

Ah, the joys of how tone can be hard to convey in written language :) I was being mostly facetious, but given the strict jinder roles families like the Duggars like to adhere to, it was the first thought that popped into my head, since they have certain dress codes for girls and boys (maxi skirts, no shorts..for the most part) and obviously don't seem to acknowledge the fact that there is a difference between sex (biological) and gender (social construct). My comment was not meant to mean EVERYONE who puts a headband on their child... Obviously a headband, can just be a headband. And there is nothing wrong with "girly" things, as long as the child isn't forced into wearing certain stuff they don't want. :)

Oh my God, those are the stupidest looking things. Why would someone do that to their baby?

Oh, and I can I just say? I've always wanted a lot of children. After spending so long on Free Jinger, reading about everyone's pregnancies, I'm a little scared. Best birth control ever, guys :lol:

The fun part is you don't know which of these things will happen to you so it's all about waiting to see what's behind door #3. Weirdest thing for me was my vision getting jacked every time. I have astigmatism and by the second trimester my glasses were useless and needed a new script. Doc said it was the fluid increase and because astigmatism is caused by irregularly curved corneas when things swell that changes too.

But each pregnancy had to get new pregnancy glasses - so weird.

Weirdest cravings for smells, too. I expected the food cravings but I craved the smell of Noxema and fresh cut lumber. Wasn't pica as I had no desire to eat inedible stuff - but the aroma of those two things made me so indescribably happy that I was addicted. Like olfactory ASMR.

Not to mention the common but still weird ocd of nesting most women get. I'd stock the pantry and cleaning supply cabinet with months worth of provisions and take pictures of my achievements. From about the 8th month on with each kid I shopped like a prepper.

Food cravings were the strangest for me since I'm super weird about what I will and won't eat. Not because of any rational reason, but because I have the palate of a finicky toddler and hate a LOT of foods. craving anything not on my short list was so weird for me.

There is a lot of stuff they didn't teach I health class.

One of my friends told me about disgusting fluids she has to deal with post-child birth. We didn't learn about that in health class either! And I know you can't necessarily predict how subsequent pregnancies will affect you based on the first one. I believe my mom had "typical" morning sickness with my brothers but evening sickness with me (which is why I claim I've never been a morning person, even as a fetus).

Oh my God, those are the stupidest looking things. Why would someone do that to their baby?

Oh, and I can I just say? I've always wanted a lot of children. After spending so long on Free Jinger, reading about everyone's pregnancies, I'm a little scared. Best birth control ever, guys :lol:

Agreed! Abstinence only education is the wrong way to go, you can much more effectively stop teenage pregnancies if you give lots of details about pregnancy and labor!

Haven't lost the baby weight yet... my son is 21. Hmm... guess it might be my fault then, I can't blame that anymore. Damn!

My feet went up a size and stayed there (along with my belly), so maybe if I had dropped 30 pounds, my feet would have gotten smaller too, seems likely. My hands/ring size didn't change though.

I took 20 years to lose all the baby weight, myself :-P In most places, anyway. I don't think the belly ever truly goes away, either. However I do have a friend who likes to brag that right after she squeezed out her first baby, she put her jeans on and zipped them up. :lol:

I took 20 years to lose all the baby weight, myself :-P In most places, anyway. I don't think the belly ever truly goes away, either. However I do have a friend who likes to brag that right after she squeezed out her first baby, she put her jeans on and zipped them up. :lol:

Oh hell no. I'd have to hate her just a little bit. :mrgreen:

Oh hell no. I'd have to hate her just a little bit. :mrgreen:

I went back to work nine weeks after I had my daughter. I did lose a lot of the weight, but not all and pretty much lived in basketball shorts, pajama bottoms and t-shirts when I was on leave. A couple days before I went back, I tried on some of my pre-pregnancy work clothes. NONE of my pants or skirts fit and I ended up going to the store and getting a couple pairs of pants to go back to work.

Agreed! Abstinence only education is the wrong way to go, you can much more effectively stop teenage pregnancies if you give lots of details about pregnancy and labor!

I 100% agree! When my cousin told me the the details surrounding her labor and after giving birth (which was a fairly standard C-section) I had that same exact thought.

Never underestimate the power of a lip plumper or a lipstick/gloss that contains a lip plumper. I guessing Jessa uses one.

One of my friends told me about disgusting fluids she has to deal with post-child birth. We didn't learn about that in health class either! And I know you can't necessarily predict how subsequent pregnancies will affect you based on the first one. I believe my mom had "typical" morning sickness with my brothers but evening sickness with me (which is why I claim I've never been a morning person, even as a fetus).

I don't know anyone who had only morning sickness. Pretty much everyone I know who had nausea while pregnant would have it all day or off and on all day. I know mine didn't care what time the clock said!

And yeah...there are so many little disgusting things that no one ever seems to talk about. I had joined a "mommy" forum while TTC and I had a cousin who was pregnant a few months before me. So I learned most of the horrors from them.

Those fake pigtail things they put on Josie were hideous. Who puts a toupee on a baby?

I don't know if they do the headband thing to make a statement because it's pretty mainstream. I loved headbands for my daughter. There are tons that are so cute and comfortable. I also wasn't a fan of gender neutral clothes when they were little. Babies are a huge attention draw and it saved having to answer strangers asking if they were a boy or girl.

And in the toddler stage? Let me preface this by saying I adore my boys and wouldn't change a thing about my family but my daughter was so much more fun to dress! Except for the whimsy of the patterns on some stuff little boys clothes are like mini-versions of their dad's clothes. Cute but girls are on a completely different fashion runway than grown women. If she had wanted to dial it down I wouldn't have forced her into the ultra girly stuff but she gravitated toward everything sparkly, bright, ruffles, and bows.

Heck, I read here (forget which thread) about head coverings and someone mentioned a site. I tried to talk my husband into converting to whatever funny branch would require me to wear really cute headbands everyday. He sugessted I Wear whatever I want on my head and leave Jesus out of it. But yeah, I love pretty cloth headbands now - I just can't pull it off outside the house.

Tldr: baby toupees are horrible but love of cute headbands doesn't mean it's a statement in gender roles. Sometimes a headband is just a headband.

I am the opposite. I think there are so many cute boy clothes out there. Most of the girl stuff I see is blindingly bright and/or super frilly...which just isn't for me. Thank goodness I only have a son at this point!

I'm calling it. The pink t-shirt selfie is Jessa's way of saying she's having a girl

Never underestimate the power of a lip plumper or a lipstick/gloss that contains a lip plumper. I guessing Jessa uses one.

wouldn't that contain something ? wouldn't that be bad while preggers :D

Ah, I don't know. They went into nasty details about the four most popular STIs in 7th grade health class. Including the ones that condoms are unreliable protection for.

Still doesn't stop people from dangerous sexual practices.

I'm calling it. The pink t-shirt selfie is Jessa's way of saying she's having a girl

Yep- I thought the same thing.

I have been saying that since conception :D

:nenner:

that fateful Saturday :cracking-up:

Yep- I thought the same thing.

Jessa likes to play mind games with her followers. Out of any of the other girls, I'd agree on the pink t-shirt, but I'm going to go with boy since it's Jessa.

I never knew that Josie's pigtails were fake. And the fake baby wigs?

Color me gobsmacked.

still better than those fake pigtails michelle put on bald Josie for the first two years of her life

Ok I just googled josie's fake pigtails and I'm flabbergasted. I'd rather they pencil in some eyebrows on her to make her look more human.

Ok I just googled josie's fake pigtails and I'm flabbergasted. I'd rather they pencil in some eyebrows on her to make her look more human.

Drawing eyebrows on babies actually has hilarious results. Have you seen this? viralblasts.com/29-funniest-babies-with-drawn-on-eyebrows-this-is-the-funniest-thing-ever/

I never knew that Josie's pigtails were fake. And the fake baby wigs?

Color me gobsmacked.

I didn't either for quite a few episodes but they had one quick shot of someone putting that headband with the two fake pigtails on her one day...me: :shock:

I am just now reading up on this thread and even though I cringe at the thought, I think the reason they slap these (sometimes ginormous) headbands on the little girls is to make sure everyone knows the jinder. Any type of androgynous look is completely unacceptable (and wearing pink dresses is just not obvious enough). girls = long hair (how daddy likes it). Baby girls = bald (not ok). Anyone remember Josie's headband with little fake hair pigtails she used to wear as a baby???

Gee you would think if it was so important to God, the creator, that baby boys and girls look different to the casual eye, he would have made them different: Infant girls born with long hair and breasts, Infant boys born with chest hair and big biceps. Poor, God! He is just hopeless and half-assed in his creations.

Jessa likes to play mind games with her followers. Out of any of the other girls, I'd agree on the pink t-shirt, but I'm going to go with boy since it's Jessa.

IDK- the date is also in pink.

She is a PA one, for sure.

IDK- the date is also in pink.

She is a PA one, for sure.

She could just like the color. :D

I'm sitting here typing this on an iPad with a pink case, wearing a pink top, socks, pink scrunchy, fresh pink nail polish, drinking out of my favorite pink cup with my phone in its pink case next to me. And it's always my color of choice for jazzy font and pens. And most everything else.

I promise I'm not pregnant with 100 girl babies! I think it's just a cute top.

Archived