IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

I've never really bought into the whole carrying high or low depending on baby's jinder thing. But, I must say, Jessa looks pretty hot in this photo. The t-shirt is cute and, obviously, represents all of the sports she was enrolled in growing up Duggar (like at her bridal shower when they all played football - that seemed like a lot of fun - oh, wait - she's a girl so didn't play). So, I guess cute sporty t-shirt does not represent her sporting activities (other than watching the boys from the sidelines) so it must be designed to just look hot! Mission accomplished.

Question: how many of these basically arranged-by-patriarch marriages are really happy, do you think? I mean, they can't all be, can they? When they marry someone they barely know? You have to wonder if any/how many of these couples are faking it. She looks happy though, and I really hope she is.

I think it's pretty easy to happy early on as long as the attraction is there and he's not a monster. The rush of getting out on your own, finally getting to front hug and all that...they've been practicing with their buddy's their whole lives and their own baby is their chance to get off the bench and play.

When.ife sets in? I think it's a crapshoot. Some people can learn to be happy even if it might not be who they'd have chosen with some maturity and their own agency - but some people will be miserable to go through life with "not the one." And there will always be the lucky ones who chanced into someone they adore.

My non- fundy gramma grew up on a farm in the Ozarks in the early 1900's. She told me once she was so glad my grandpa turned out to be so easy to love because she said when she met this handsome man passing through heading to Chicago she knew she'd marry him if he was the devil himself to get out of that town. He was her ticket to not becoming a farmers wife and she took it and hoped for the best. By the time they got to Chicago she knew she hot the jackpot, but she deliberately rolled those dice. Goes to show what people will do with limited options.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think she looks amazing and I do agree she is very comfortable showing off her sexuality where wearing the tight pink tshirt that I swear to god she wore the same one when she and Ben were touring the house and it was tight then - so I can only imagine how it looks in person then.

i love what you said about because she is a newlywed should feel that way - it's that freshly fucked yet pregnant vibe you mean yes :D or what did you mean - do tell

I don't think she had her lips done lol - I think she always had those lips and pregnancy just enhanced them - I am guessing along with specific lip gloss

she is more obvious about being sexual during pregnancy than Jill was imo

She sure did wear that top at the house tour; a quick search turned this up (the video won't play but I don't care enough to search further): http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/ ... ldy-house/

IDK about her full lips, to me they've never not looked full. Bright, bubble-gum pink lipstick tends to make your lips bigger (or so the beauty gurus tell me) and she's probably discovered lip plumpers. Yes, there are lip glosses out there that mildly irritate your lips so they swell and look bigger.

But she seems to exude sensuality and I have a weird feeling she could recover easily post pregnancy.

I also have the weird feeling that she's more of the headship than Bin. Thus why we're seeing her push the boundaries of modesty. I think she's less into the material trappings of fundamentalism than Jill is.

I know that lots of younger gals never really buy and wear maternity clothing.

My 90lb daughter who had an 8lb baby last year, never bought maternity wear. She wore her pants under her little bump, skirts with elastic in the waist, and her work uniform (Yes, in her country, teachers have to wear the school uniform) top was an empire style that worked. At home she dressed much like Jessa. Also, like Jessa, by daughter gained little weight.

BUT, my daughter does not make a living being different or modest.

Shrugs

I've never really bought into the whole carrying high or low depending on baby's jinder thing. But, I must say, Jessa looks pretty hot in this photo. The t-shirt is cute and, obviously, represents all of the sports she was enrolled in growing up Duggar (like at her bridal shower when they all played football - that seemed like a lot of fun - oh, wait - she's a girl so didn't play). So, I guess cute sporty t-shirt does not represent her sporting activities (other than watching the boys from the sidelines) so it must be designed to just look hot! Mission accomplished.

Question: how many of these basically arranged-by-patriarch marriages are really happy, do you think? I mean, they can't all be, can they? When they marry someone they barely know? You have to wonder if any/how many of these couples are faking it. She looks happy though, and I really hope she is.

It is definitely not maternity wear.

From what I understand, arranged marriages are just as successful or more so than love matches.

I know arranged marriages have much lower divorce rates than other marriages, but that isn't the same as having a happy marriage. Are there statistics that aren't just about divorce rates?

I have several friends who are smart, successful, educated, and not fundie at all who say they want their parents to just find someone to marry because that seems easier than dating. It's very normal in their culture, and I can see how that might work well even though that's not how I want to go about things. (While I like my parents, their idea of the right person for me is also very, very different than mine, so getting my parents involved would not go well. :lol: )

But the Duggars are a bit different.

Why? Because they are/were famous d/t being media darlings for the last decade. These are not your average, 20yo fundies who get married and have a child within 12 mos of being assigned a mate. The Duggars have had greater exposure and do know more about other options.

IMO, these kids are not your stereotypical fundie who may have never been outside of a 50 mile radius of their home property. I think it will be harder for someone like Jessa, for example, to roll with the punches, than your average fundie, young married girl.

I think that people's hands and feet get bigger after pregnancy due to water retention and weight gain that never goes away. Bones do not actually grow longer after reading full maturity, but I believe they get denser until about age 30. Then its all downhill from there as our bones just shrivel up until we die. Each baby sucks the calcium out of one's bones and teeth so I hope Michelle is taking supplements to augment her tater tot and Campbell's soup diet.

"Gave her bones to fill a quiver" could be a good title. :lol:

It's not the bones that make feet/hands larger (often permanently) after having a baby. It's from a hormone called relaxin. It's what softens the cervix and whatnot. But it can also effect the hands and feet.

I had very little swelling while pregnant. But my ring size went up about 1 size. And my shoe size went up by 1/2. It's been two years. It's definitely permanent and has nothing to do with water retention.

My GD who is 15 mos old and non fundie, would not tolerate any sort of bow, clip, pony tail (and never did)...I wonder if hair training is part of compliance training for little fundie girls??

No morning sickness at all? Kind of hard not to hate you. :D

All 4 of my pregnancies I had morning sickness well into the second trimester - the kind that require saltines and barfbags to be carried on me at all times. iI've had boys and girls - no difference for me.

Although like you my skin was never better. I've never had acne but pregnant I had the glow...and my hair was fabulous! I have Marcia Brady kind of hair - thin and fine but in pregnancy I had handfuls of glorious hair. Which all fell out immediately after leaving me back to normal. Talk about Cinderella after midnight.

Weird about pregnancy for me was my moods - my moods are super sensitive to my hormones and I was supernaturally content with each successful pregnancy and had weird postpartum euphoria. I don't know if there is a name for it but my ones said it happens to some women - they just get happy hormones during and post partum. If that ever comes in pill form I will break the law to get my hands on it. I am consitutupiojally incapable of being that happy and relaxed otherwise.

I didn't have it with the baby I lost - I miscarried at 20 weeks 4 days before my mom died of cancer. If my life had been normal at the time I'd probably have noticed I lost the hormonal upswing earlier (the baby had died in uttero a week or so before the doctor discovered it in a routine prenatal visit.)

I also wonder if Michhelle has that deal, too, which is why she loved the whole preganancy post partum phase so much. If it was all about what I wanted I'd have been happy to spend most of my adult life pregnant.

Sorry about your miscarriage and the loss of your mother:( my mother died too young from cancer too.

That hormone you can thank tho for the great moods is oxytocin:)

:liar:

Sorry about your miscarriage and the loss of your mother:( my mother died too young from cancer too.

Thank you. I'm sorry about your mom, too.

Jessa irritates me, but damn it, pregnancy has treated her pretty well so far. The only thing bothering me is that one patch of hair. What's up with that? Is it bleached/discolored? Is it a thin spot? Awkward light?

It's not the bones that make feet/hands larger (often permanently) after having a baby. It's from a hormone called relaxin. It's what softens the cervix and whatnot. But it can also effect the hands and feet.

I had very little swelling while pregnant. But my ring size went up about 1 size. And my shoe size went up by 1/2. It's been two years. It's definitely permanent and has nothing to do with water retention.

Have you lost all your baby weight?

My feet went up about a half size to a full size and my ring size went up even more.

I have FINALLY lost the baby weight after many years and my shoe size went back down to pre pregnancy size. ring size, too.

Interestingly, my cervix didn't open. Even after trying to open it with meds, it kept shrinking back down. I mean they finally got it open but it was a big deal. Where was this relaxin stuff when I needed it most?? :lol:

Jessa irritates me, but damn it, pregnancy has treated her pretty well so far. The only thing bothering me is that one patch of hair. What's up with that? Is it bleached/discolored? Is it a thin spot? Awkward light?

I went back to look for the bald spot lol.

It might be a "halo". Some people have them at the temples. Its just blonde wisps around the forehead. I bet the vanity light is like 1000 wats or something, too.

I was even thinking for a minute that she had made photoshop repairs to that spot. The more I stare at it the weirder the spot looks.

Maybe there is some sort of subliminal message. Do you feel like a pickle?

My feet went up about a half size to a full size and my ring size went up even more.

I have FINALLY lost the baby weight after many years and my shoe size went back down to pre pregnancy size. ring size, too.

Haven't lost the baby weight yet... my son is 21. Hmm... guess it might be my fault then, I can't blame that anymore. Damn!

My feet went up a size and stayed there (along with my belly), so maybe if I had dropped 30 pounds, my feet would have gotten smaller too, seems likely. My hands/ring size didn't change though.

I went back to look for the bald spot lol.

It might be a "halo". Some people have them at the temples. Its just blonde wisps around the forehead. I bet the vanity light is like 1000 wats or something, too.

I was even thinking for a minute that she had made photoshop repairs to that spot. The more I stare at it the weirder the spot looks.

Maybe there is some sort of subliminal message. Do you feel like a pickle?

Maybe if she was taking her pic in the mirror there was an oddly placed smudge on the mirror? It's very strange now that I'm looking closely at it...

Interestingly, my cervix didn't open. Even after trying to open it with meds, it kept shrinking back down. I mean they finally got it open but it was a big deal. Where was this relaxin stuff when I needed it most?? :lol:

I'm only about 5 pounds heavier than pre-pregnancy. But my weight is all distributed differently now. It's so odd. And annoying.

I also developed carpal tunnel syndrome at the end of pregnancy and that persists. Lots of pain and numbness. I suspect my ring size will never go down again.

FJ: where the childless learn about the horrors of pregnancy that health class never taught us :lol:

I have large feet and hands in proportion to my height (once I tried on skinny jeans and it made my feet look like skis). FJ taught me that my feet might permanently grow even more and I'm just like dammit I already have big feet that I trip over!!

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

To me the tight clothes during pregnancy just highlight how much "modesty" is just to gain attention for the Duggars. Many people have pointed out in the past that they and other fundies seem to prefer to buy "unmodest" clothes and then alter them in very obvious ways rather than getting clothes they can wear on their own. I think this is a reflection of that. I guess once you're pregnant it's more important to shout that God has blessed you with a child to keep up modesty. I would think that if they actually cared about modesty, then they would feel uncomfortable wearing such form fitting clothes. Especially in the chest area.

To be clear I think there's nothing wrong with the clothes Jessa is wearing. They look great on her. I just don't see how it jives with their whole views on modesty.

I am pages behind on this thread.

I know a lot of people who put headbands on their babies. I is/was a member of a mommy forum and when talking about the members to my poor husband, I'd give them nicknames. One was "headband baby lady." If you were to look at her Instagram feed you'd see that her daughter is wearing a headband 99% of the time. Two years of all headbands, all the time. It's so weird to me. I think they are hideous. And they look like they dig into her skin. She IS super christian but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think a lot of people are just worried people will think their kid is the opposite sex by accident.

I am just now reading up on this thread and even though I cringe at the thought, I think the reason they slap these (sometimes ginormous) headbands on the little girls is to make sure everyone knows the jinder. Any type of androgynous look is completely unacceptable (and wearing pink dresses is just not obvious enough). girls = long hair (how daddy likes it). Baby girls = bald (not ok). Anyone remember Josie's headband with little fake hair pigtails she used to wear as a baby???

FJ: where the childless learn about the horrors of pregnancy that health class never taught us :lol:

I have large feet and hands in proportion to my height (once I tried on skinny jeans and it made my feet look like skis). FJ taught me that my feet might permanently grow even more and I'm just like dammit I already have big feet that I trip over!!

The fun part is you don't know which of these things will happen to you so it's all about waiting to see what's behind door #3. Weirdest thing for me was my vision getting jacked every time. I have astigmatism and by the second trimester my glasses were useless and needed a new script. Doc said it was the fluid increase and because astigmatism is caused by irregularly curved corneas when things swell that changes too.

But each pregnancy had to get new pregnancy glasses - so weird.

Weirdest cravings for smells, too. I expected the food cravings but I craved the smell of Noxema and fresh cut lumber. Wasn't pica as I had no desire to eat inedible stuff - but the aroma of those two things made me so indescribably happy that I was addicted. Like olfactory ASMR.

Not to mention the common but still weird ocd of nesting most women get. I'd stock the pantry and cleaning supply cabinet with months worth of provisions and take pictures of my achievements. From about the 8th month on with each kid I shopped like a prepper.

Food cravings were the strangest for me since I'm super weird about what I will and won't eat. Not because of any rational reason, but because I have the palate of a finicky toddler and hate a LOT of foods. craving anything not on my short list was so weird for me.

There is a lot of stuff they didn't teach I health class.

I am just now reading up on this thread and even though I cringe at the thought, I think the reason they slap these (sometimes ginormous) headbands on the little girls is to make sure everyone knows the jinder. Any type of androgynous look is completely unacceptable (and wearing pink dresses is just not obvious enough). girls = long hair (how daddy likes it). Baby girls = bald (not ok). Anyone remember Josie's headband with little fake hair pigtails she used to wear as a baby???

Those fake pigtail things they put on Josie were hideous. Who puts a toupee on a baby?

I don't know if they do the headband thing to make a statement because it's pretty mainstream. I loved headbands for my daughter. There are tons that are so cute and comfortable. I also wasn't a fan of gender neutral clothes when they were little. Babies are a huge attention draw and it saved having to answer strangers asking if they were a boy or girl.

And in the toddler stage? Let me preface this by saying I adore my boys and wouldn't change a thing about my family but my daughter was so much more fun to dress! Except for the whimsy of the patterns on some stuff little boys clothes are like mini-versions of their dad's clothes. Cute but girls are on a completely different fashion runway than grown women. If she had wanted to dial it down I wouldn't have forced her into the ultra girly stuff but she gravitated toward everything sparkly, bright, ruffles, and bows.

Heck, I read here (forget which thread) about head coverings and someone mentioned a site. I tried to talk my husband into converting to whatever funny branch would require me to wear really cute headbands everyday. He sugessted I Wear whatever I want on my head and leave Jesus out of it. But yeah, I love pretty cloth headbands now - I just can't pull it off outside the house.

Tldr: baby toupees are horrible but love of cute headbands doesn't mean it's a statement in gender roles. Sometimes a headband is just a headband.

Archived