IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Oh man, I hated when my belly button started to stick out. But otherwise, Jessa looks good.

My belly button never stuck out. I have an incredibly deep belly button, I guess. 8-)

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was my kid, and he really enjoyed what he was doing, I'd encourage him to continue doing it. They've both stated, and everyone around them have stated, since Day 1 , that religion was their primary interest, and that their ...ummm....intensity...was a big reason why they were drawn to each other. I think people see them as just being pretty and horny young kids who got married to have the sex, without a thought in their vapid little heads about how they would support themselves. But when the scandal hit they wasted no time in pumping up their attendance at every possible speaking engagement, and after a brief absence, going on a diverse social media blitz. Their website has some very large ads. Which they get money for every time someone clicks. I'm sure it's a very small part of their revenue stream, but if A random picture of string cheese on Ben's Instagram gets 50k likes in a matter of hours - I'm betting just the ad clicks on the website are keeping them in Starbucks and will cover the diapers.

I hate her politics. But I admire her marketing skills and willingness to seize on an opportunity. I think they would have to be completely incompetent to give up work they are clearly passionate about in order to go install windshields . If he had ever stated he really, really wanted to install windshields, or sell insurance, or get his MBA , sure - go for it. Although that doesn't seem like something Jessa would enjoy.

But if they are making what appears to be a substantial income, doing what they both enjoy, at a point in time where if they stepped away they would likely lose money/ recognition -- why would they stop?

I also don't think their core views will mellow with time, I think they may relax dress codes, because they like fashion, and they may be more modern regarding use of technology in their home and with their kids. They might even relax some on the hard core anti- LGBT views - just because time marches on. But I think the core intensity of her views will remain the same, or become more ferverent. If she does mellow it will likely just be due to pretty much everyone becoming at least a little less arrogant as they live their lives, but I don't at all see her being glad she can finally break free. I think she's just glad she can look mainstream, and have fun, and enjoy modern entertainment - because she wants to show the world that you can be terrifyingly strict in your religious views - but not be seen as a freak like her parents. I think that's her whole goal. To sell that lifestyle - but to do it better than her folks. She's really scary because she'll probably be very successful at it.

I do think it's impressive that she took the whole scandal, and the show being cancelled, and basically said " fuck you all, I'm not going to be invisible" and is making a career , at least for now, out of her beliefs ( even if I hate 99% of those beliefs)

What exactly is their career right now? How are they making money? Just from making speeches and getting ads on their youtube videos/website?

My belly button never stuck out. I have an incredibly deep belly button, I guess. 8-)

Mine either, it just got flat and stayed that way, with both kids

I actually thought that was kinda cute of her, if I didn't know any better, that post could have been made by one of my friends. Weird to say, but the tone + emojis made me remember that Jessa is only a little less than a year older than me and has normal 22 year old thoughts in addition to the hellfire and brimstone ones. :lol:

So they're in New York? Is she participating in that mother-daughter IBLP thing in a few days? I wonder what they're up to. Maybe this is old news? I may not be up to date on this--my brain is full of FJ bickering. :(

Oh, there's a fundie thing going on? That makes sense.

Oh, there's a fundie thing going on? That makes sense.

The mother-daughter conference will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana. I don't know why they're in NY :think:

The mother-daughter conference will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana. I don't know why they're in NY :think:

Jill was also in New York, but just for a day before going to Tennessee for the Bates wedding. If they haven't filmed/shown the TLC sexual abuse documentary yet, I would bet it is related to that.

What exactly is their career right now? How are they making money? Just from making speeches and getting ads on their youtube videos/website?

Sorry for not cutting the long quote stream, my computer is being annoying today.

Yes, their career is making money from speeches, youtube videos, website clicks.

Someone estimated she is likely in the 10k per event range. Even if that is a massive over-estimate ( and I don't think it is ), they are making a substantial income.

People also make a living off of youtube, and ad revenue. If you put them all together I would be very surprised if they don't pull in at least $100,000 this year. Even if they made half that - they would be doing better , financially, than the vast majority of people their age. And certainly more than enough to provide for their family given that their rent is free or very, very cheap.

Mine either, it just got flat and stayed that way, with both kids

I thought their clothes were supposed to draw attention to their countenance, not their belly button. :)

Mine never stuck out either.

Per the Duggar Family Blog:

"Jill and Derick Dillard flew in from Central America for the weekend. They met up with Jessa and Ben Seewald and Michelle Duggar in New York City to take care of a few business matters. Jill and Jessa will be featured in Breaking the Silence, a TLC documentary about child sexual abuse, on August 30th."

So, perhaps there for some TLC documentary filming? Tho I don't know why they wouldn't just say that, instead of separating it from "business matters." Perhaps a visit to the TLC headquarters to finalize details from the fall-out?

Per the Duggar Family Blog:

"Jill and Derick Dillard flew in from Central America for the weekend. They met up with Jessa and Ben Seewald and Michelle Duggar in New York City to take care of a few business matters. Jill and Jessa will be featured in Breaking the Silence, a TLC documentary about child sexual abuse, on August 30th."

So, perhaps there for some TLC documentary filming? Tho I don't know why they wouldn't just say that, instead of separating it from "business matters." Perhaps a visit to the TLC headquarters to finalize details from the fall-out?

If decisions/finalizations were being made, I would expect Jim Bob to have been there too. It's curious phrasing for sure.

If decisions/finalizations were being made, I would expect Jim Bob to have been there too. It's curious phrasing for sure.

If Duggars are anywhere near the TLC documentary it should be called "Shaming the Silence" not "Breaking the Silence".

Pimp Jim Bob and Master Grifter Mary are probably extremely busy pushing the family to TV networks.

Wow I am so surprised by so many people expecting kids to know how to swim. My grandma is from PANAMA and she has never been able to swim. I live near the beach and have known plenty of people who can't swim. And there are always tons of people from tropical countries/warm places in the states who can't swim. If you don't really go in the water then it's not something that ever comes up.

Also idk why people are assuming they can't swim just cause of the floaties. It's just a good safety precaution.

I think the bows might be a generational thing? My niece's mother puts them on her baby and I think they're cute but my mom hates them and thinks they're ridiculous. My niece never pays attention to their existence either way so that's good.

Jessa wore that shirt when they went to look at the house with Ben and I remember thinking the sleeves were pretty short back then. Oddly enough I find it less defrauding in this picture. :shrug:

I mentioned it in the Benessa visit nyc thread but I'm pretty sure I passed Derrick while I was at my school on Thursday which is very weird. I'd really like to know why he was there and how he got in.

It does look like there is a lot of extra body parts to the right of the baby's head, but if it were twins, wouldn't they show both faces instead of just the one?

I need an expert on ultrasound. Is this just a baby? Because I Kinda see another thing behind baby seewald

I think it is twins - have no idea what the back part is supposed to be - maybe the other side of the other baby - I could be wrong. :D

as for the article that she supposedly was quoted in People magazine - who really believes that Jessa is sad that she won't be giving birth on screen - maybe for the money - but I highly doubt she would have pulled a Jill or an Anna - she might have shown the sonogram visit's but the actual giving birth - I don't think so - but then I could be wrong

It does look like there is a lot of extra body parts to the right of the baby's head, but if it were twins, wouldn't they show both faces instead of just the one?

They might not be able to get two faces at once.

It does look like there's extra... stuff in that picture, but I have a really hard time seeing anything in ultrasound photos.

I need an expert on ultrasound. Is this just a baby? Because I Kinda see another thing behind baby seewald

My favorite comment is, "I see two arms. Twins?" This wins whether it's sarcastic or not. Can't be sure with people these days.

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-bittersweet-pregnancy-after-molestation-scandal

poor Jessa!!! Now she can just go through a pregnancy like a normal person, that must just suck!

What's the point of being pregnant if you can't get free swag and show how godly you are and be an attention whore? Seriously. What a world she lives in to feel entitled to/expect a special just because she's pregnant.

I had a thought, Jill and Jessa keep getting pitted against each other online (regardless of actual sibling rivalry, which we don't know about)... Since they are so desperate to get back on TV what about an actual fight? There can be a mini series showing them in training and learning martial arts and everything, all leading up to the winner-takes-all finale!!

ETA: this would take place after Jessa gives birth, of course.

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-bittersweet-pregnancy-after-molestation-scandal

poor Jessa!!! Now she can just go through a pregnancy like a normal person, that must just suck!

this level of sucking up just sickens me. oh boohoo, jessa, go cry me a fucking river that you won't get a sooper speshul episode. :roll: seriously, the level of entitlement is just suffocating.

My favorite comment is, "I see two arms. Twins?" This wins whether it's sarcastic or not. Can't be sure with people these days.

I feel like I'm seeing 3 feet? I always said if Jessa has twins then it would be 2 girls

Archived