IGNORED

31 years of wedded Duggar BLISS

DeFrauder

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of like the ring. Although it must be too heavy to actually wear, but then again, we know how Michelle is into "bling". She can do her nails in different colors to complement all the various birthstones.

From what I could see, Jim Bob had the stones arranged in some sort of symmetrical color pattern. Were more kids born in certain months? Looks like a lot of diamonds maybe, and less rubies and emeralds?

Good question about who will inherit the ring. My guess is Josie, as the miracle culmination. LOL about breaking it up into individual stones for each blessing to grab for themselves. Pray it doesn't come to that.

Since it's birthstones based on month of birth, I don't think Caleb and Jubilee should get one, only children who survived being born. Maybe the grandbabies so far should have been included though? But that would have been tricky, since both Anna and Jessa were expecting babies when Jim Bob designed the ring.

He could have had Caleb and Jubliee's names inscribed on the ring.

why put everybody's birthstones. Just use the birthstones that are taken up. I'm sure they've had a baby in every month. So, just do 1 stone per month, and maybe put their anniversary in the middle as the biggest one.

I actually like the ring. It looks like he did a band with maybe rose and yellow gold twisted together? It would make a better pendant at that size, but I do like it. He clearly put a lot of thought into it. Not all men think that way.

I'm trying to find a way to hint that an anniversary band would be a good 15 year gift this year...

Someone on tumblr did some more work and actually made an image of all stones together.

wesayso-foundation.tumblr.com/post/124799768946/since-i-could-not-get-these-images-to-load-on-the

I wonder how he got al the birthday info? did he ask the kids? written in a book? I doubt he can remember them all.

I wonder how he got al the birthday info? did he ask the kids? written in a book? I doubt he can remember them all.

Jana probably was tasked the job.

Jana probably was tasked the job.

Jana probably came with the idea, designed the whole thing, then handed it over to him so he could take credit :evil-eye:

I would say that he just wiki'd it, but that involves using the ebil internets for something other than promoting his "ministry."

Someone on tumblr did some more work and actually made an image of all stones together.

wesayso-foundation.tumblr.com/post/124799768946/since-i-could-not-get-these-images-to-load-on-the

The comments on that blog are really nasty.

hate how people are being so mean about the ring--all over the internet. Of all the things that JB is, it is clear that he was really excited about giving his wife this gift and that he had made a lot of effort to give her something special. It might not be a ring that most of us would choose for ourselves, but there is no accounting for taste.

That being said, the ring might be too big for Michelle's tiny frame.

post-13852-14452000579092_thumb.jpg

I think one like this is more Michelle's style. They could squeeze 19 gemstones into it and it would be comfortable to wear. Especially if it is channel setting.

A couple of people say a necklace would have been better and I agree because 19 stones is a lot.

post-13852-14452000579352_thumb.jpg

And now for the Quivering Family special:

post-13852-14452000579659_thumb.jpg

The ring is large and vulgar and designed by Boob. M'Chelle looks at it with surprise and I sense a feeling of "when would I ever wear this??" I think it's a common feeling women have when we get a gift from men.

I just think it's ridiculous that the presentation of it had to be videotaped and shown to the world. It was one big massive cringe.

hate how people are being so mean about the ring--all over the internet. Of all the things that JB is, it is clear that he was really excited about giving his wife this gift and that he had made a lot of effort to give her something special.

He is an idiot who thinks he knows everything-- including how to design jewelry. He doesn't. That thing is going to go into a drawer and stay there except for the few times that JB insists she wears it. One of the things I can't wrap my head around is she has always dressed down, even for very formal occasions yet he gives her a giant, gaudy bauble that few women would have the nerve to wear. It doesn't exactly go with her ubiquitous green shirt.

Although I don't care for the look of mixed stones if he had to go with the birthstone theme a necklace would have been better. I actually think a bracelet could have worked well if something else..pearls or gold beads.. made up the bulk so there was some unity to the piece. The problem with the way he designed this ring is that your eye has nothing to rest on-- each stone demands individual attention so it is very busy and frenetic looking. Too much for such a small space.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Michelle because JB could have celebrated the occasion with a lovely emerald necklace or ruby earrings. But, no, Michelle's total worth to him is as the mother of his 19 children and so he foists this piece of crap on her to remind her that's why she is special. Ugh. I would throw it back in his face but of course Michelle has to keep sweet and pretend he is the greatest man who ever lived and she is so lucky to be his wife.

Of course the Mother's ring, any Mother's ring that includes 19 gemstones, is going to be big and gaudy. A family with 19 offspring IS big, gaudy and vulgar in terms of noise production and resource consumption.

The ring matches the family, the house, the vehicles...they are big and vulgar.

Even though he is narcissistic, I still think he tried to please her. He clearly wanted to give her something that he THOUGHT he wanted.

She is part of the reason he doesn't know what he wants, though. She needs to say "these are my opinions" and "these are the things I like" instead of slyly figuring out what he wants her to like.

In her quest to show submission and please him she has removed all personality and has become only what she thinks he should like.

I don't even think that he prefers her this way compared to what she could be like. A lot of people assume that their marriage is the way it is because he is lording it over her and she is simply submitting. But I think she is the one in control. He is fulfilling his role as a Gothardite husband because she wants him to be that type of husband and she facilitates that role for him. If she wanted him to be fundie-lite I am pretty sure that he would be fundie-light.

I honestly think he did do this as a loving gesture because he really loves Mullet.

However regardless of this, he made it big and flashy because his ego is very bruised at the moment.

He is an idiot who thinks he knows everything-- including how to design jewelry. He doesn't. That thing is going to go into a drawer and stay there except for the few times that JB insists she wears it. One of the things I can't wrap my head around is she has always dressed down, even for very formal occasions yet he gives her a giant, gaudy bauble that few women would have the nerve to wear. It doesn't exactly go with her ubiquitous green shirt.

Although I don't care for the look of mixed stones if he had to go with the birthstone theme a necklace would have been better. I actually think a bracelet could have worked well if something else..pearls or gold beads.. made up the bulk so there was some unity to the piece. The problem with the way he designed this ring is that your eye has nothing to rest on-- each stone demands individual attention so it is very busy and frenetic looking. Too much for such a small space.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Michelle because JB could have celebrated the occasion with a lovely emerald necklace or ruby earrings. But, no, Michelle's total worth to him is as the mother of his 19 children and so he foists this piece of crap on her to remind her that's why she is special. Ugh. I would throw it back in his face but of course Michelle has to keep sweet and pretend he is the greatest man who ever lived and she is so lucky to be his wife.

Designing a special ring to give to the missus seems to be a common theme for fundie men of various religions (Bin, Boob, Kody-the-Douche of Sister Wives, etc). It's almost a sweet gesture, except for the narcissism. Do they all assume jewelry designers do and know nothing, so that they can easily adopt that job title? Or that the experience of the people in those professions is worthless?

Then again, these are people who've lived their lives without concentrating on a profession, nor seeing the benefits of years of experience, so there is that. Their hubris still irritates, though.

As a woman who appreciates big, bold jewelry, I mainly hate it due to JB's involvement and the fact that these fools are famous for having 19 children. But when considering what to get his wife, who so often dresses down even for formal events, why go with such a giant statement piece? Why not go with a necklace, which is easier to wear for a seemingly "modest" woman? [bonus]

The answer, of course, is that his ego is better reflected in a personally-designed, giant ass ring which reminds us that he successfully impregnated her NINETEEN successful times [don't mention Caleb or Jubilee! We're not counting them...at the moment]. I mean, did everyone hear? Even in El Salvador? JB has 19 kids. God loves and blesses him even more than the Catholics, THAT'S how holy and godly JB is. :ew:

As a woman married 20 years in September with 4 children, I would be irritated if my husband gave me a "remember you are mom first!" piece of jewelry on our wedding anniversary.

For Mother's Day, I want to be remembered as a mother.

For my birthday, I want to be remembered as an individual.

For my anniversary, I want to be remembered as a cherished member of a couple.

Because these are my beliefs, I do the same for my family. My father gets "glad you are dad/grandpa" gifts for Father's Day, and "glad you are you" birthday gifts.

I do not think my thought process is out of line. It is similar to when my mother pointed out that cards that point back to the giver (i.e.: "This father's day, I want to congratulate you for all of your achievements" [open card] "from your best one!") are rude. THINK about the occasion. THINK about what you are giving. THINK about what you are saying. It doesn't have to be elaborate - just appropriate.

Seriously, what is with the trend with these men designing jewelry for their women? Jewelry design is pretty difficult, since everyone has different taste and things can go very wrong quickly (see: Jessa's funky ass ring). Rather than designing something terrible, why don't they..I don't know...get other people's opinions (maybe even the women in question? Just a thought) on jewelry that's already been designed? Or work with someone experienced in jewelry design to make something pretty and unique? I would be somewhat disappointed if my significant other seemingly didn't take my thoughts or opinions into account when buying something for me. It's all hubris with these men.

As a woman married 20 years in September with 4 children, I would be irritated if my husband gave me a "remember you are mom first!" piece of jewelry on our wedding anniversary.

For Mother's Day, I want to be remembered as a mother.

For my birthday, I want to be remembered as an individual.

For my anniversary, I want to be remembered as a cherished member of a couple.

Because these are my beliefs, I do the same for my family. My father gets "glad you are dad/grandpa" gifts for Father's Day, and "glad you are you" birthday gifts.

I do not think my thought process is out of line. It is similar to when my mother pointed out that cards that point back to the giver (i.e.: "This father's day, I want to congratulate you for all of your achievements" [open card] "from your best one!") are rude. THINK about the occasion. THINK about what you are giving. THINK about what you are saying. It doesn't have to be elaborate - just appropriate.

I just want to say that this is a really great statement, especially with regard to the subject.

Michelle looks so baffled from beginning to end...

Like why are you filming us standing here? She should be used to his wacky public presentations...

What the fuck are you giving me? Maybe she's use to the box being lower.

And then with the ring, she had this reaction like oo that's a ring alright while think WTF am I supposed to do with this? (Not unlike Jessa's response of where would I put all those roses)

I am not crazy about the design, but at least he made an effort. :shrug:

The video quality is awful so a screenshot wasn't coming out very clear. Here's the video, ring showing begins around 0:35 in.

https://youtu.be/Wi66TRddiEY?t=37[bBvideo 560,340:a35uqyra]

[/bBvideo]

It sounds like she said "Wow! That's one big, amazing cluster" before Boob dived in for a kiss. A clusterfuck of kids.

Is Anna wearing yoga pants?? I can't tell if it's pants or just the skirt hugging her legs. About 00:58 when they pan to J&A on the couch.

Is Anna wearing yoga pants?? I can't tell if it's pants or just the skirt hugging her legs. About 00:58 when they pan to J&A on the couch.

Sorry to disappoint. It's a jersey knit skirt.

BTW, Joshanna seem to park themselves on the Duggar couches a lot. I guess it's equivalent to taking their kids to the park, but without the bothersome task of supervising them.

post-11800-14452000581383_thumb.png

Sorry to disappoint. It's a jersey knit skirt.

BTW, Joshanna seem to park themselves on the Duggar couches a lot. I guess it's equivalent to taking their kids to the park, but without the bothersome task of supervising them.

Bummer. A girl can hope, right? lol

Archived