IGNORED

31 years of wedded Duggar BLISS

DeFrauder

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in any case, it's a nice idea to include all of the birthstones. The reality is that getting several different colorful gemstones together is going to take an artful eye to not look tacky. Artful is not JB's forte. I found this from Zales, which would have been a cleaner execution. Of course this only has 12 stones.

pZALE1-10103453t400.jpg

It was also my 31st birthday yesterday.

Thanks for stealing my joy, Duggars. :evil: :nenner:

The Duggars posted a video of Michelle backward skating to the song "YMCA". I wonder if she was secretly dancing too?

YMCA?

Ah, the wholesome traditional values musical stylings of the Village People.

:lol:

I think in any case, it's a nice idea to include all of the birthstones. The reality is that getting several different colorful gemstones together is going to take an artful eye to not look tacky. Artful is not JB's forte. I found this from Zales, which would have been a cleaner execution. Of course this only has 12 stones.

pZALE1-10103453t400.jpg

I think I like Jim Bob's creation better than the one from Zales. His looks like costume jewelry. I wouldn't wear it, but I wouldn't be too ashamed of it. I do think a necklace would have been better executed though. My grandmother has one with her children's birthstones on it and it's beautiful.

Happy Birthday, Walking Cat Bed. :)

I've seen cluster rings like the one Jim Bob gave Michelle, and they are very pretty when the stones are smaller. It would have worked better if he had gone with a smaller stone size. I would wear something like that if it was smaller, and odds are that the ring could be quite heavy on Michelle's hand. She's less likely to wear it if so.

I didn't see Sierra. I saw Anna start to try and hoist herself off the couch and then give up. And there was a blonde middle aged woman and man that I didn't recognize. And I saw a glimpse of pregnant Jessa with Ben go over to view the ring with I think Jana. And JoyAnna was holding Merideth. A couple of Mkids with Josh were also on the couch.

I thought the blonde was Sierra...she does already does look middle-aged LOL

So, first of all, WHAT IS IT with all these fundie men thinking that they can design jewlery??? Now, I did think Brandon Keilen and Bin did a good job designing and both like to draw, but now JB thinks he can get in on it?!? And did anyone else catch that Michelle seemed less than thrilled with that ugly ring? It was a decent idea, but there were so many prettier ways to do it. Her reaction reminded me of when he tried to get her to buy a wedding dress with poofy sleeves. Her comments were all very neutral. "Wow, look at that, that's a lot of...". Yeah, she'll probably find a way to be more effusive after she recovered but, man, where was Jessa to tell old Dad that he needed something classier??

And let's not forget when Boob saw michelle at Jills wedding, " now that is a modest dress".

The video quality is awful so a screenshot wasn't coming out very clear. Here's the video, ring showing begins around 0:35 in.

https://youtu.be/Wi66TRddiEY?t=37[bBvideo 560,340:2wc38l3k]

[/bBvideo]

It sounds like she said "Wow! That's one big, amazing cluster" before Boob dived in for a kiss. A clusterfuck of kids.

Thank you for trying, Juicy...

Unfortunately, I cannot bring myself to click the link just yet. I'm mesmerized by what looks to be the infamous green shirt. Say it isn't so. Please tell me she still doesn't have that same green shirt in rotation? Pretty please, with black panty hose and a long jersey knit skirt on top?

From what it sounds like, I'm thinking an anniversary wardrobe would have been better received, no?

So, do they just pretend Caleb and Jubilee didn't happen when they count their children? I would think that any named child would be worth acknowledging on her mother's ring. Sheesh.

Now, can we talk about how hideous that thing is? The colored stones are arranged horribly. Ugg.

I agree. For being so pro-life they sure weren't walking their talk.

And I agree again. The ring is hideous. The only thing she owns that it would go with is the modest, metal-plated, dress(?) from Jills wedding.

Now, let's play, "which child will inherit this when Michelle dies? Obviously there are plenty of green shirts for everyone but will they have to dismantle the ring and dole out each childs birthstone?

This is what Jim Bob wrote about Michelle.... egotistical much?

"The greatest blessing of my life was 31 years ago, on July 21, 1984 when Michelle married me. She is the virtuous woman that Proverbs 31 talks about. She is the ultimate wife and mother and I love her more and more each day. Michelle is a strong leader, yet tender hearted, and has a sweet, loving spirit. She is my best friend, we share everything. Michelle is selfless, always thinking of others first. She is an example to millions of women, her children rise up and call her blessed. Michelle is my business partner, ministry team companion and the mother of our 19 children.

Michelle, I love you! Your life has impacted the world."

:lol:

What kind of example? Her children should call her when they're hurt, are up in the middle of the night, or need help getting dressed. They call buddies for those things, and many more. What kind of example has an appointment calendar for her children to fill out?

Happy Birthday, Walking Cat Bed. :)

I've seen cluster rings like the one Jim Bob gave Michelle, and they are very pretty when the stones are smaller. It would have worked better if he had gone with a smaller stone size. I would wear something like that if it was smaller, and odds are that the ring could be quite heavy on Michelle's hand. She's less likely to wear it if so.

Thanks! I got actual snuggles from Little Miss Bonkers and two free meals. And nobody felt like they had to lie about how important I (allegedly) am to them.

I kind of like the ring. Although it must be too heavy to actually wear, but then again, we know how Michelle is into "bling". She can do her nails in different colors to complement all the various birthstones.

From what I could see, Jim Bob had the stones arranged in some sort of symmetrical color pattern. Were more kids born in certain months? Looks like a lot of diamonds maybe, and less rubies and emeralds?

Good question about who will inherit the ring. My guess is Josie, as the miracle culmination. LOL about breaking it up into individual stones for each blessing to grab for themselves. Pray it doesn't come to that.

Since it's birthstones based on month of birth, I don't think Caleb and Jubilee should get one, only children who survived being born. Maybe the grandbabies so far should have been included though? But that would have been tricky, since both Anna and Jessa were expecting babies when Jim Bob designed the ring.

I tried and here's the best screenshot I got.

We may not be able to get a good look at the ring, but we sure can appreciate the matching shirts from this angle.

Thanks for trying, Downtown.

Is there a reason he gave her a mother's ring on their 31st anniversary?

My husband and I wanted to get my MIL a piece of jewelry with her 23 kids birthstones and we choose mother's day, and the mothers day right after she retired and had just moved into senior complex. She never wanted to wear jewelry to work and when she retired she was started in full grandma mode so it seemed like the right time.

I guess Jim Bob couldn't think of anything else besides the kids they made. I just think this would have been a better mother's day gift from the kids. It could have symbolized they were done having kids!

I kind of like the ring. Although it must be too heavy to actually wear, but then again, we know how Michelle is into "bling". She can do her nails in different colors to complement all the various birthstones.

From what I could see, Jim Bob had the stones arranged in some sort of symmetrical color pattern. Were more kids born in certain months? Looks like a lot of diamonds maybe, and less rubies and emeralds?

Good question about who will inherit the ring. My guess is Josie, as the miracle culmination. LOL about breaking it up into individual stones for each blessing to grab for themselves. Pray it doesn't come to that.

Since it's birthstones based on month of birth, I don't think Caleb and Jubilee should get one, only children who survived being born. Maybe the grandbabies so far should have been included though? But that would have been tricky, since both Anna and Jessa were expecting babies when Jim Bob designed the ring.

Here's the kids grouped by birthstone(s) from the most frequent to the least:

(5) Tanzanite/Zircon/Turquoise (December): Jinger, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jordyn-Grace, Josie

(3) Garnet (January): Jana, John-David, Joseph

(2) Topaz/Citrine (November): Jessa, Justin

(2) Emerald (May): Jill, Jackson

(2) Tourmaline/Opal (October): Joy-Anna, Johannah

(2) Peridot (August): Josiah, Jennifer

(1) Diamond (April): Jason

(1) Ruby (July): James

(1) Aquamarine (March): Josh

Jubilee would have been another Tanzanite/Zircon/Turquoise if they went with the month of miscarriage.

Is there a reason he gave her a mother's ring on their 31st anniversary?

Maybe this is the sign that Michelle is finally done having kids. If there was any hope left, Jim Bob probably would have waiting. That or it's a big gesture to try to keep them in the news despite the show cancellation...

Once again,Sierra is there...is she living with them now? Mechelle is definitely not thrilled with that ring! It sure is butt-ugly. If she liked it, she would have put it on right away! Did you notice J'boob pushing one of the howlers out of the way?

I didn't see Sierra, I saw Amy's parents. Sierra is living with the furniture guy, based on his IG comments.

Damn you Downtown! You scooped me! :cracking-up:

That ring has:

1 aquamarine (light blue) Josh

3 garnets (deep brownish red) Jana, JD, Joe

2 emeralds (green) Jill, Jackson

1 diamond (unless the center stone is a diamond, then 2) Jason

1 ruby (red) James

2 tourmaline (can be any color) Joy-Anna, Johanna

2 peridot (shirt green) Josiah, Jennifer

2 topaz (usually brown) Jessa, Justin

5 zircons (can be any color, most often clear), unless he went the tanzanite route, which would be very expensive. Jinger, Jed, Jer, Jordyn, Josie

plus whatever the central stone is (unless it counted as one of the kids)

JB actually had a halfway-decent idea with the ring (all the birthstones of all the kids).....but near the end of the video, who do you see on the couch? Josh himself!

I also noticed Anna looking incredibly uncomfortable when the camera landed on them and she fidgeted and looked like she wanted to bolt away.

So are the stones real or fake? With Jim Bob being so cheap and all.

Semi-precious gemstones are not that expensive. Although, having a ring made can be pretty expensive--in the thousands.

I think that it was actually a nice gift even though it was clear that M was horrified by it. Boob looked like he really meant to give her something nice.

It is a really bold ring to wear. It is not really M's style. She might have liked a channel set anniversary band better.

pZALE1-10103453t400.jpg

I'm thinking that JB thinks there will be no more babies.....

Archived