IGNORED

"19 Kids" Cancelled

Kira

I think that we are maybe miss reading the involvement of the Duggar girls in the abuse show, with TLC needing to stay looking good, and for the charity groups to agree to this. I doubt we will see much more then a cameo of the girls, giving the phone numbers of the groups "if you need help call". I don't think the want the liability of anything more. It will show them involved, but give them no rope to hang everyone with, so no one goes further down with this ship. At least that is what I think is the safe way from everyone involved.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelle's IBLP/ATI friend Marci is promoting the supportheduggars show page to keep the show on the air. Why are they so desperate to remain on TV? Stick a fork in it already, accept that it's done. These people act like this is a tragic death in the family.

Marci Monte Dauer "Today's world is upside down with many calling evil good and good evil!

I like what Michelle says, "This world is not our home and my life is not my own!"

We are just passing through and praying for others to go where we are heading.

Keep up the good work! You brothers are awesome! Jason & David Benham!"

post-620-14452000566127_thumb.jpg

I will never understand what Boobchelle see in Josh. I mean, they could have just thrown him under the bus and stood by their girls and the rest of the kids and continued on. Hell Josh can't even generate more show material! He's been married for awhile, they can't show his job cause it's too controversial, and watching them have babies will be boring until they get up to higher numbers. But the girls all still need to get married and have kids. Also the girls have way more personality than Josh has had in a long time. Maybe when the show first started he was a little more "charming" (blegh) but he hasn't been that way in a long time.

From a purely business perspective, which is what Boobchelle care about, supporting the girls was the best decision.

I have a feeling that the special about the sexual abuse will go just as well as the Fox News interview. All it's going to do is dig the Duggars into a deeper hole.

Well, that could be the point here. Given that the Oprah show was informed, and the molestation scandal was (if the reports are true) more like an open secret around the area, it's likely that TLC knew at least something.

And of course, if Boob would tell the public that TLC knew about the molestations all along, that would be a huge PR desaster for them.

So I can see them quietly paying Boob off in order to avoid another scandal.

I agree. It's been my belief since the scandal broke that TLC has known about the molestation since the first special. The post-Oprah police/DHS investigation happened around the time that special was filmed--TLC must have been aware of it, and I think Jim Bob and Michelle truly believed that they handled everything well and so were upfront with TLC at the time. Other than ratings/money, I think that's a big reason TLC took so long to cancel--they knew Jim Bob could fuck them over.

Ben has work experience and some kind of diploma. He is far from the first young man with questionable career prospects to start a family. I think people are being absurdly alarmist about him. He knows that the responsibility to provide for his family rests on his shoulders. He may be young, but he's not a child and he does have functional brain (contrary to popular belief). The idea that he couldn't even get hired at McDonald's is ridiculous. He's not a meth-addicted high school drop-out with a criminal record. He's not going to let them starve. They'll be just fine.

I think he'd struggle at McDonald's since he won't work with a variety of people, and I think he'd explode after having to serve same-sex couples and other people he disapproves of.

A TLC special on sexual abuse with RAINN, D2L and the two Duggar daughters is the weirdest thing I've heard of in quite a while. :shock:

I've been reading with interest everyone's ideas on how or if this could possibly work.

I'm on team skeptical - that the daughters' participation will be minimal.

Nice work, though TLC. Got us talking about future specials.

I think he'd struggle at McDonald's since he won't work with a variety of people, and I think he'd explode after having to serve same-sex couples and other people he disapproves of.

The adults in this family who need to work are probably all going to struggle for a time. Not John David and probably not Joseph, but I think Josh, Ben, Josiah, and maybe even Derick, who thought he who could live a different type of life thanks to the notoriety of the show and the TLC support, are all going to have to re-think what they are going to do with their lives. The missionary thing and what's left of the speaking engagements aren't going to put food on the table for the next 60 years. So it's either live a life of relative poverty (and be totally beholden to Boob) or go out and get real work like the rest of us Not Reality Show Stars.

The Duggars still haven't explained to my satisfaction why "mild inappropriate touching above the clothes" is okay when it's a sibling, but not when it's your future spouse. I really want them to address that on the special, and I know it's never going to come up.

The Duggars still haven't explained to my satisfaction why "mild inappropriate touching above the clothes" is okay when it's a sibling, but not when it's your future spouse. I really want them to address that on the special, and I know it's never going to come up.

Michelle looked like she was going to lose it when Jill front hugged Derek. But Josh feeling up his sisters as long as it was above the clothes? Totes cool.

Michelle looked like she was going to lose it when Jill front hugged Derek. But Josh feeling up his sisters as long as it was above the clothes? Totes cool.

Yeah, they make literally no sense. I can't even empathize with them because my brain just isn't capable of the Fundie Circular Logic .

Yeah, some of them will have a tough time adjusting, for sure, but that's probably not a bad thing. Sometimes you need to be shaken to see clearly the problems inherent in how you were living before. If they have to struggle for a while, so be it. I think Ben and Jessa are much better off with the show ending now, before they're even parents, than they would have been say 6 or 8 years down the road having produced half a dozen babies and likely become even more arrogant and entrenched in their views and ways, all the while relying on TLC support. Ben may not LIKE having to work a real job out in the world with the rest of the heathens if he can't make his ministry pay off, but he will do it if he has to.

It wasn't that long ago that Jim Bob boasted that 19 Kids was TLC's highest rated show. Pride goeth before the fall, JB.

They are still better off then pre-TLC. They have the house, computers, cars, SUVS, the bus, more real estate(and more income from the real estate). While I doubt the will be at starbucks as much, Jenny and Josie will have ALOT more then Jessa, Jill and Jana did at their age. Jenny won't be in tears because she can't have a $2 used pink blanket like Jana.

Now that I have been here for a while, reading forum topic after forum topic, discovering the Maxwell's, nienie, Jill Rodriguez, annamatrix...etc. I am addicted to freejinger, all of my cynical suspicions have been confirmed...and more. I am basically a lurker, cause I can't write very well, but I have followed many a rabbit Warren of wtf'ery to blogs and sites I would have never discovered had it not been for F.J.! F.J. will go on!

I think tlc canceled due to the DHS findings if there are any. Don't understand what took them so long. The duggars will try to find their way in the spotlight. A lot of thumpers are boycotting tlc. And Jessa and Jill don't even remember what happened. They themselves said we forgave Josh and everyone should too. Just forget about it. Now they're trying to make a documentary about abuse. Give me a fucking break. Which one is it? Even your own parents said it wasn't that bad, you yourself said it wasn't that bad. You can't have it both ways.

I truly wonder if when they do the special, SURPRISE!! Jill and Jessa remember everything that happened. Now that they have nothing to lose

They are still better off then pre-TLC. They have the house, computers, cars, SUVS, the bus, more real estate(and more income from the real estate). While I doubt the will be at starbucks as much, Jenny and Josie will have ALOT more then Jessa, Jill and Jana did at their age. Jenny won't be in tears because she can't have a $2 used pink blanket like Jana.

All of the kids but Josh can probably still get some kind of sponsorship for something. Or someone can cash in and do the tell-all.

If all else fails, they can start auctioning their stuff off on ebay. Betcha there are leghumpers out there that'll buy their stuff.

So who thinks TLC paid JB off to keep him calm? In the Kelly interview, he clearly made his point that he would not go down without a fight... I wonder if TLC paid them.... Why else would the Duggars agree to participate in a documentary about this abuse when they refused to call it abuse and refer to the girls as victims in the first place?

All of the kids but Josh can probably still get some kind of sponsorship for something. Or someone can cash in and do the tell-all.

If all else fails, they can start auctioning their stuff off on ebay. Betcha there are leghumpers out there that'll buy their stuff.

An autographed copy of A Love that Mutiplies goes for $10 shipped on ebay. A non-autographed copy goes for $5.18.

I could see the girls clothes selling for more then they are worth but I doubt Jim Bob would ever go on ebay. It was invented after 1985 (they year in which he is stuck). Another score for polygamist having more freedom. I know so many polygamist who come to St George and go to thrift stores and yard sales and resell on ebay. They are very nice too about it, I use to love Gymboree and they would pull all the Gymboree out and give it to me when they could have made a decent profit.

So who thinks TLC paid JB off to keep him calm? In the Kelly interview, he clearly made his point that he would not go down without a fight... I wonder if TLC paid them.... Why else would the Duggars agree to participate in a documentary about this abuse when they refused to call it abuse and refer to the girls as victims in the first place?

TLC could do the special without the Duggars. EASILY. TLC merely told JB that the daughters would get X paycheck for their participation. If this works out well for the daughters, there are potential specials etc that JB could hope for. Participating in the special helps rehabilitate the Duggar image.

TLC holds the cards always--not JB. JB is a man. Albeit a wealthy man, but TLC is a huge company.

I truly wonder if when they do the special, SURPRISE!! Jill and Jessa remember everything that happened. Now that they have nothing to lose

From our perspective they have nothing to lose, but they still have everything to lose from their family if they did something like that. I'm not sure JB&M would be so quick to forgive their daughters for crossing their first-born son.

Archived