IGNORED

"19 Kids" Cancelled

Kira

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Bout time. Will be interested to see how the Duggars support themselves now. Maybe Jill and Derick will just be the first in a long line of grifters asking for the public's support for their "ministry".

'Bout time. Will be interested to see how the Duggars support themselves now. Maybe Jill and Derick will just be the first in a long line of grifters asking for the public's support for their "ministry".

Undoubtedly. They may be canceled but they're not "done." They're too good at playing the game to ever be done.

In a move to redirect the attention and public outcry, TLC also announced it has teamed with two prominent child-protection organizations for an ongoing campaign to raise awareness about child sexual abuse.

The multi-platform initiative will begin with a one-hour, commercial-free documentary likely airing in late August, the network said. It will include the participation of Jill and Jessa Duggar, two of the sisters Josh Duggar touched inappropriately, as well as other survivors and families affected by such abuse.

Well that's interesting

I must say I am surprised. Since they took so long to make a decision, I wasn't expecting a cancellation.

Judging by the recent videos the Duggars have put out, these people are addicted to attention and fame. I am sure they will find another medium to spread their bullshit.

I just saw that on CNN. The special they mentioned should be interesting.

I suspect there will be an attempt to do occasional specials (focusing on the Duggar daughters). I'm sure they can find some Christian-oriented network to show them.

It's about fucking time.

Personally I think they'll have Josh direct home video updates and start posting them regularly in the hopes someone will want to pay them for it.

God I hope some of the crew starts speaking out...

It's about fucking time.

Personally I think they'll have Josh direct home video updates and start posting them regularly in the hopes someone will want to pay them for it.

God I hope some of the crew starts speaking out...

Amen to both of the bolded statements.

Good.

Now let's get these kids some job training so they can support themselves...

Oh, who am I kidding.

This should have happened weeks ago. I will also be interested in seeing whether Boob and J'Chelle actually do try to sue TLC for breach of contract or whatever and if they try to paint TLC as ones who damage their "ministry" by cancelling the show. Get off your crumbling pedestal, Boob and J'Chelle. YOU, by not getting Josh and his victims -- most of whom were his own sisters -- the REAL help they needed, and by not immediately addressing Josh's actions with administering him APPROPRIATE discipline and punishment, brought all of this upon yourselves. Don't blame TLC. The blame ultimately lies with you.

I'll be interested to see just how "in depth" this story is about child sexual abuse. I'd LOVE to hear Jessa and Jill be completely truthful and candid about what happened to them, and their reactions to it.

Well that's interesting

I know - colour me kind of impressed that they are actually taking this issue seriously.

Jill and Jessa will be fine; they were the victims in this sad tale and as the most well known daughters they still have a certain amount of pull in the right circles, as well as being financially set up as long as they don't have 20 children each - and with the show money not coming in, that suddenly looks like a very different prospect.

I'd worry far more about the fate of the other children: Josiah, who will be married with a child before he is 20 with no marketable skills to escape his father's clutches; Josie, who might really fall through the educational cracks more than any other child; Jana, who without the motivation of show ratings might never be allowed to marry; and frankly all the other kids who are now looking at severely limited prospects for their future and financial stability.

Amen to both of the bolded statements.

Oh my gosh, wouldn't it be amazing if they wrote a book.... I bet there is so much to dish on the actual relations between members of the family.

It took TLC an awful long time to cancel the show. To use a cliche here, I wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back?

And just on the heels of the family blog post about it not being cancelled....

and people has picked it up too!

I know - colour me kind of impressed that they are actually taking this issue seriously.

Jill and Jessa will be fine; they were the victims in this sad tale and as the most well known daughters they still have a certain amount of pull in the right circles, as well as being financially set up as long as they don't have 20 children each - and with the show money not coming in, that suddenly looks like a very different prospect.

I'd worry far more about the fate of the other children: Josiah, who will be married with a child before he is 20 with no marketable skills to escape his father's clutches; Josie, who might really fall through the educational cracks more than any other child; Jana, who without the motivation of show ratings might never be allowed to marry; and frankly all the other kids who are now looking at severely limited prospects for their future and financial stability.

Using Jill and Jessa is wrong. They've already minimized the situation significantly and are preaching this bullshit "mommy and daddy did the right thing and we forgive josh." Thats the wrong message for TLC to send with this special. The message needs to be: REPORT AND SEEK REAL HELP. End of story.

I'm pleasantly surprise. However:

The multi-platform initiative will begin with a one-hour, commercial-free documentary likely airing in late August, the network said. It will include the participation of Jill and Jessa Duggar, two of the sisters Josh Duggar touched inappropriately, as well as other survivors and families affected by such abuse.
I have a major problem with this. The fact that they're including people who diminish their own abuse and sexual abuse among siblings in general is a giant neon sign that any documentary TLC airs about sexual abuse will be bullshit. TLC needs to learn from their mistakes and stop giving a platform to people who are so religiously fanatical that they happily spread dangerous misinformation, as well as coming to terms with the fact that the vast majority of people who turn their children into tv personalities are dysfunctional on a fundamental level.

Using Jill and Jessa is wrong. They've already minimized the situation significantly and are preaching this bullshit "mommy and daddy did the right thing and we forgive josh." Thats the wrong message for TLC to send with this special. The message needs to be: REPORT AND SEEK REAL HELP. End of story.

Yeah, sorry I kind of conflated two different streams of thought there. I'm impressed they are acknowledging the issue of abuse enough to do a programme on it, but I agree that Jessa and Jill might not actually do the message any good - but with the show cancelled, and nothing to lose by speaking negatively about Josh, they might change their tack slightly. If they have any sense, any PR people advising them, then they will; anything that separates them from the toxic 'Duggar' school of thought will work in their favour.

I still think though, even though they were the victims, they will come out of this better than the younger children who weren't - they've had all the financial benefits of a show, are minor celebrity figures in their own right, and are out the home now it's all gone pear shaped.

Interesting, obviously pre announcement, but this is the Lily & Ellie's blog latest entry. Was this a coincidence or last minute hail Mary?

It has been nearly two months since TLC pulled 19 Kids and Counting from it's lineup. Will the show return, or are the Duggars gone for good?

The season nine finale aired on May 19th. In the past, breaks between seasons have been as long as three to five months. The only thing different about this break is that the network is not airing reruns.The show has not been canceled, so the Duggars could very well return to TLC in the future.

We have watched the Duggars grow from a large family of 16 ("14 Children and Pregnant Again") to a super-sized family of 28 (soon to be 30). We know there are millions of people out there who want to see the show continue.

Go ahead and remind the network why you want 19 Kids and Counting back on the airwaves.

Undoubtedly. They may be canceled but they're not "done." They're too good at playing the game to ever be done.

They like the attention too much, and have bought into their own PR too much to be done.

Interesting, obviously pre announcement, but this is the Lily & Ellie's blog latest entry. Was this a coincidence or last minute hail Mary?

It has been nearly two months since TLC pulled 19 Kids and Counting from it's lineup. Will the show return, or are the Duggars gone for good?

The season nine finale aired on May 19th. In the past, breaks between seasons have been as long as three to five months. The only thing different about this break is that the network is not airing reruns.The show has not been canceled, so the Duggars could very well return to TLC in the future.

We have watched the Duggars grow from a large family of 16 ("14 Children and Pregnant Again") to a super-sized family of 28 (soon to be 30). We know there are millions of people out there who want to see the show continue.

Go ahead and remind the network why you want 19 Kids and Counting back on the airwaves.

Last minute hail mary.

We now need to focus our efforts at quashing a spin off and keeping the duggar girls off of this "special." TLC is clearly responding to public postings so we should be loud.

I never contact media about anything but I'm going to now. Anyone know who would be the best person to contact at Discovery/TLC about this? A quick search turned up a few options but I have no idea who to reach to have the most impact.

Archived