IGNORED

"19 Kids" Cancelled

Kira

I do feel a little sorry for Josh. I'm sure he'll be blamed for the cancellation, but he was a kid with a serious problem who got no help whatsoever from his simple-minded parents.

At the age of 14, people support girls who want to get abortions without parental consent of knowledge. If we can trust teenagers to make decisions like that, then we need to trust that they're old enough to know that finger-fucking a small child is wrong. He's just as much at fault as his parents.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We continue discussing all the other non-Duggar related topics. :roll:

The Duggar snark cant end its my favorite :(

RAINN is a good organization. The proof will be in the pudding with the educational special and I don't have high hopes of TLC. I hope that TLC/Discovery are taking this very seriously. I might actually watch this one.

If RAINN is represented well perhaps Jill and Jessa may learn some things about how incredibly badly their parents handled their situation. They might actually have to sit and listen to alternative ideas and be challenged on their thinking.

Why on earth would you do that? They are not "using Jill and Jessa in their interviews" are they?

Darkness to Light and RAINN are participating in a TLC educational special in the wake of the Duggar sexual abuse scandal that will feature two of Josh's victims. They will be a good and necessary counterpoint to the denial and minimization Jill and Jessa demonstrated in the Fox interview and may continue in the documentary/special. It is a good thing for them to participate.

This is what I'm wondering. Will the presence of RAINN show the true impact and horrors of child sexual abuse? I'd like to think so, but if Jessa and Jill just repeat lines they've been fed it will be harder. Will the documentary highlight all the facts, especially ones the Duggars got wrong and keep spouting? How big of a role will Jessa and Jill play in the documentary? Will they force Jessa and Jill to face reality - sibling sexual abuse is NOT as common as they think and their parents failed them. And that is important for them and viewers to know. And if Jessa and Jill are forced to face reality I sure hope therapy would be provided after.

So, what happens now to FREE JINGER?

LOL when I told my boyfriend this most recent news about the Duggars being cancelled, he goes, "so no more free Jinger?"

NEVERRRR 8-)

I get a really creepy vibe from this "documentary". Jessa and Jill already made their point clear during the Faux News interview. "How could THEY do this to us? We're the victims!" "We aren't victims! We've been more victimized by the media!" I don't need another hour of rehashing this nonsense.

At the age of 14, people support girls who want to get abortions without parental consent of knowledge. If we can trust teenagers to make decisions like that, then we need to trust that they're old enough to know that finger-fucking a small child is wrong. He's just as much at fault as his parents.

Actually, he was 15 when he assaulted the 5 year old. And can we really be sure that was the one and only and last time?

You're more optimistic than I am--I highly doubt that Jill and Jessa are there to learn anything and that TLC would allow them to be challenged on air. I'd like to be wrong, but I think TLC will play this as a "let's show all sides" thing.

TLC has major egg on its face right now. If it doesn't handle this educational special on sexual abuse properly, then there will be hell to pay from sexual abuse advocacy groups and the general public. It would be much better to email TLC/Discovery to tell them that. I'm not convinced that TLC will do a good job with the educational special.

I am, however, very optimistic that RAINN will not sit quietly for any minimization of the issue. I know less about D2L, but I can't imagine they will sit by quietly either.

While this does give Jessa and Jill a platform for the "it was nothing, we were asleep, all is forgiven, our parents handled this well" crap, it is much better to have RAINN and D2L on there arguing against the Duggar/Gothard POV. RAINN runs a national hotline, FFS! They are not amateurs.

This is good advertising for RAINN And D2L. Don't tell them not to participate in an outreach opportunity just because you don't like the Duggars and what Josh's victims are saying.

Please don't pester reputable and knowledgeable organizations working on this important issue with negative emails. If anything, send them positive emails. Encourage them to contradict and argue against any minimization or suggestions that hiding the problem is a good idea by TLC or the Duggars.

The Duggar snark cant end its my favorite :(

Trust me on this - the other parts of the website are way better for snark lately. Seriously, go check out a thread on Jill Rodrigues and her amazing grifting for Jesus ways!

TLC has major egg on its face right now. If it doesn't handle this educational special on sexual abuse properly, then there will be hell to pay from sexual abuse advocacy groups and the general public. It would be much better to email TLC/Discovery to tell them that. I'm not convinced that TLC will do a good job with the educational special.

I am, however, very optimistic that RAINN will not sit quietly for any minimization of the issue. I know less about D2L, but I can't imagine they will sit by quietly either.

While this does give Jessa and Jill a platform for the "it was nothing, we were asleep, all is forgiven, our parents handled this well" crap, it is much better to have RAINN and D2L on there arguing against the Duggar/Gothard POV. RAINN runs a national hotline, FFS! They are not amateurs.

This is good advertising for RAINN And D2L. Don't tell them not to participate in an outreach opportunity just because you don't like the Duggars and what Josh's victims are saying.

Please don't pester reputable and knowledgeable organizations working on this important issue with negative emails. If anything, send them positive emails. Encourage them to contradict and argue against any minimization or suggestions that hiding the problem is a good idea by TLC or the Duggars.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TLC hasn't ruled out a spinoff. At the very least, they will do 'specials' and then probably a short seriers in a year or two to test the waters with the public - a la Kate Plus 8. The Duggars aren't going anywhere.

Trust me on this - the other parts of the website are way better for snark lately. Seriously, go check out a thread on Jill Rodrigues and her amazing grifting for Jesus ways!

Can you show me the way (link please) Oh wise VelociRapture? :worship:

Actually, he was 15 when he assaulted the 5 year old. And can we really be sure that was the one and only and last time?

You're right 15. Still, compared to what we trust teenagers to be old enough to understand and do, I don't think we should think of Josh as just a kid who needed help. He needed help the same as any child molester, but he was still old enough to know right form wrong, and he chose to do wrong, repeatedly.

This kind of puts a new spin on Jim Bob hanging out with Kent and Eric Hovind last week and being in Pensacola this week. I wonder Jim Bob is planning a new grift ministry with the Hovinds? You would think Jim Bob would have known even a few days ago that 19KAC was getting the left foot of fellowship from TLC.

As far as questions of why TLC took so long, my guess is tying up legal loose ends, etc. plus you can bet that JB pulled out all the stops including bringing in his own lawyers to keep the show going in some way. And TLC would want to make it all bulletproof legally to prevent JB from going the lawsuit route with them. Another advantage is that nearly two months have passed so it's not at the forefront of people's minds anymore.

I don't think TLC wants any more to do with the family so I have my doubts about including Jill and Jessa in any documentary about abuse. If the network wants to treat it seriously, then the Kelly interviews should show now not to approach it.

JB will attempt to make himself relevant in some way. How well he will fare remains to be seen. No doubt he has saved and invested so the family is OK financially for now but long term is another story. He's still got 16 kids at home and the 3 married kids prospects are all up to question now. Plus there's grandchildren in the mix. JB doesn't have the money to support them all indefinitely.

One thing for sure. The perks are over and it's going to be a big adjustment not go off on trips and get other material benefits of being on the show. They are all stuck at the TTH or it's environs with the exception of Jill and Derick. Perhaps they will be better off being away from it because I imagine the tensions are off the charts.

Funny thing, how it's back to reality after being on a so-called reality show.

This kind of puts a new spin on Jim Bob hanging out with Kent and Eric Hovind last week and being in Pensacola this week. I wonder Jim Bob is planning a new grift ministry with the Hovinds? You would think Jim Bob would have known even a few days ago that 19KAC was getting the left foot of fellowship from TLC.

I wondered that too. Jim Bob hanging openly with the Hovinds made me think that he already knew 19K&C was cancelled. There was no need to hide his friendships with the seamier and law-breaking Fundie nut-cases any longer. Next thing we know he'll be holding signs outside the courthouse to support Hal Stanley. :evil-eye:

Because we will not have a "series finale" of the Duggar shit show for me to recap I will commit to recapping the "special" should it ever come to fruition. I can only hope that TLC takes this opportunity to throw the Duggars completely under the bus, back it up, and run over them again. Let the girl's minimize and toe the party line, then let the experts explain why they would do such a stupid thing and how they are brainwashed having been denied appropriate care and subjected to "loving" their abuser.

Free Jinger isnt going anywhere. We are greater than the Duggars. We have a very long history of following the rise and fall of some of the internet's most prolific fundies. The Duggars may have started us, but they do not define us. So long as people are stifled by fundamentalist rhetoric we will be here to call them out.

Let this open the eyes of all of our readers who havent left the Duggar forum. The Duggars are not the only cultist fundies out there spewing their crap. There are others, and some are worse. Join us in the rest of the board.

I look forward to the next "public" speech Boob and J'chelle make and its inevitable posting on youtube.

While RAINN is an excellent organization (don't know much about D2L), the editors and producers will still be TLC. I fear we shall see a slanted angle or a story that "tells all sides."

I agree that TLC is doing major damage control. Touching Little Children isn't a good way for one's station to be known.

I'm also highly suspicious of Jill and Jessa's involvement. They aren't going to learn anything if people are yelling at them (not what I think will happen on the special, but apparently a popular sentiment here. I understand the impulse, but think the girls would just shut down and think "worldly persecution," instead of learning anything).

Glad that the show is finally cancelled!! However I'm fully expecting JB will milk the home video route for all it's worth, as well as continuing to sell updates about the family to People or whoever will buy it.

I'm not expecting much for Jill and Jessa on this special. If it's anything other than the two of them interviewed separately from the experts I will be shocked. We will hear more vague crap about how well JB&M handled the situation, spliced in with some actual information on how a situation should be handled from the rest of the guests. TLC will operate on the idea (and what sadly seems to be true) that many people still take the Duggars at their word that they all received counseling, and handled the "safeguards" at home properly.

Forgot to add -- I would LOVE to hear the stories from the crew! But their non-disclosure agreements must be iron-clad. TLC has had a lot of train wrecks recently, and not a single crew tell-all. Their lawyers are working hard.

Can you show me the way (link please) Oh wise VelociRapture? :worship:

Of course my child:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26333

That link is for the seventh part in the "Jill Rodrgiues Grifting for Jebus" spectacle. There are links to the other six parts in Happy Atheist's recap. Enjoy the snark young padawan!

Because we will not have a "series finale" of the Duggar shit show for me to recap I will commit to recapping the "special" should it ever come to fruition. I can only hope that TLC takes this opportunity to throw the Duggars completely under the bus, back it up, and run over them again. Let the girl's minimize and toe the party line, then let the experts explain why they would do such a stupid thing and how they are brainwashed having been denied appropriate care and subjected to "loving" their abuser.

Free Jinger isnt going anywhere. We are greater than the Duggars. We have a very long history of following the rise and fall of some of the internet's most prolific fundies. The Duggars may have started us, but they do not define us. So long as people are stifled by fundamentalist rhetoric we will be here to call them out.

Let this open the eyes of all of our readers who havent left the Duggar forum. The Duggars are not the only cultist fundies out there spewing their crap. There are others, and some are worse. Join us in the rest of the board.

I look forward to the next "public" speech Boob and J'chelle make and its inevitable posting on youtube.

I second all of this. In regard to the bolded.. To all those concerned about the Duggars disappearing and the lack of snark-opportunities.. the Duggars aren't going anywhere, trust me. They will find some ways(s) to keep themselves FJ snark worthy.

^ Just because the Duggars won't be the on the air regularly any more doesn't mean they won't be around making buffoons of themselves for us to snark at. Lol...I'm happy the show is done. About time, TLC! And there are so many other concerning citizens of fundie land to learn about. Happy reading and snarking!

I know - colour me kind of impressed that they are actually taking this issue seriously.

Jill and Jessa will be fine; they were the victims in this sad tale and as the most well known daughters they still have a certain amount of pull in the right circles, as well as being financially set up as long as they don't have 20 children each - and with the show money not coming in, that suddenly looks like a very different prospect.

I'd worry far more about the fate of the other children:Josiah, who will be married with a child before he is 20 with no marketable skills to escape his father's clutches; Josie, who might really fall through the educational cracks more than any other child; Jana, who without the motivation of show ratings might never be allowed to marry; and frankly all the other kids who are now looking at severely limited prospects for their future and financial stability.

Please. There is no way Marjorie is marrying into this batshit insane family now that there is no show. If any spinoffs materialize, they'll be a long time in the offing. And their courtship isn't interesting enough to warrant one itself. This cancellation is a blessing in disguise for them; no teenage wedding!

Edit: grammar, because I'm on my iPhone.

I know that the congratulatory video messages that the Duggars have been making were during the time of limbo for a decision on whether TLC was cancelling the show. But has anyone else noticed that the participants in the video are clearly speaking to their leghumpers and not to whoever the video is directed at? It's really sad that they can't just keep it in their pants. Why don't you call Famy to congratulate her on her engagement like a normal person instead of broadcasting it to the world? Give your dad a hug and tell him Happy Father's Day. Get over yourselves and stop making such a spectacle. Same goes for this so-called documentary TLC is making. You don't really think they are doing it to bring awareness to the cause? If you do you're crazy; TLC is a BUSINESS. They want to protect their brand, and the Duggars are the biggest cash cow they have.

Forgot to add -- I would LOVE to hear the stories from the crew! But their non-disclosure agreements must be iron-clad. TLC has had a lot of train wrecks recently, and not a single crew tell-all. Their lawyers are working hard.

Agree. With all the train wrecks not one crew member has come forward. Those agreements must be set up so any crew member wouldn't touch a tell-all with a ten foot pole.

While RAINN is an excellent organization (don't know much about D2L), the editors and producers will still be TLC. I fear we shall see a slanted angle or a story that "tells all sides."

I agree that TLC is doing major damage control. Touching Little Children isn't a good way for one's station to be known.

I'm also highly suspicious of Jill and Jessa's involvement. They aren't going to learn anything if people are yelling at them (not what I think will happen on the special, but apparently a popular sentiment here. I understand the impulse, but think the girls would just shut down and think "worldly persecution," instead of learning anything).

I know you're right about this, but...I still want them yelled at, frankly. I agree that they won't learn anything that way, but they won't learn anything anyway, not for a very long time and not unless they encounter some life experiences that make it happen. That being the case, I'd rather them double down due to criticism, because I cannot stand letting their ignorant, bigoted bullshit stand unchallenged. I don't care about them or their feelings--they're lost causes for the foreseeable future--I care about who's watching and listening to them and maybe getting the message that they have valid points when no one directly and harshly tells them that they are wrong.

Archived