IGNORED

Nathan and Ashley Salyer - Courtship

jinseng

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The season ends next week, I think, with this episode:

SEASON 3 : Episode 14 | Headed to the Altar

With the wedding of Brandon and Michaella just days away, as the excitement builds for the big day, we take a look back at their relationship and courtship, from their first days together to the romantic proposal!

--------------------

It would be fitting to announce the engagement during this season finale episode.  Or--they could hint that it is coming in the next season.

I thought they have already showing their episode. Didn't they delay Micheal's wedding for it?

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did the Bateses start allowing the kids to use the term girl/boyfriend?  Gil and Kelly said that Nathan had a girlfriend Ashley ..  not "special friend" or "dating with a purpose"? 

And the tumblr wording was weird.  They knew in Oct but couldn't say anything, but it didn't happen until Dec? 

O'well.  I'm sure there will be a summer wedding. 

5 minutes ago, doubleT said:

When did the Bateses start allowing the kids to use the term girl/boyfriend?  Gil and Kelly said that Nathan had a girlfriend Ashley ..  not "special friend" or "dating with a purpose"? 

And the tumblr wording was weird.  They knew in Oct but couldn't say anything, but it didn't happen until Dec? 

I assume they meant Oct-Dec was the "getting to know you" period and then December it was officially a "courtship". Kelly mentions the getting to know you thing several times in the past.

3 hours ago, crazysnark said:

Well Zach and Whitney and Alyssa and John had a 2 month courtship. I wouldn't be surprised if OCtober was the courtship visit and December was the engagement visit. Christmas is the holiday where everyone gets engaged it seems. 

Yes, but both of those couples "dated with a purpose" (and Zach and Whitney were K-I-S-S-I-N-G behind the Sonic) before courtship. 

also, is this Ashley's Pinterest? https://www.pinterest.com/ashleysalyer353/  with a wedding section? Is it possible that this is just a "fan" page? I don't have a Pinterest account  (I guess I have a mason jar allergy, or something) so don't really know

It might be a fan page. I've seen some for Duggar girls/couples.

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

I think they drifted to it after Zach's failed relationship. I recall that Alyssa using that term and Tori and Carlin. So, yeah since season 1.

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

I think they drifted to it after Zach's failed relationship. I recall that Alyssa using that term and Tori and Carlin. So, yeah since season 1.

That is probably right about the time they realized they needed to hide the crazy if they wanted to be successful at selling their fundie lifestyle as harmless. They really haven't changed a huge amount, they just changed what they call things.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, but both of those couples "dated with a purpose" (and Zach and Whitney were K-I-S-S-I-N-G behind the Sonic) before courtship. 

also, is this Ashley's Pinterest? https://www.pinterest.com/ashleysalyer353/  with a wedding section? Is it possible that this is just a "fan" page? I don't have a Pinterest account  (I guess I have a mason jar allergy, or something) so don't really know

If that really is her pinterest, she's a girl ready to leave the Bronx based on her wedding ideas.

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

It might be a fan page. I've seen some for Duggar girls/couples.

I really suspect it is a fan page. She doesn't use her real name as her Instagram handle, so why would she on Pinterest?

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I really suspect it is a fan page. She doesn't use her real name as her Instagram handle, so why would she on Pinterest?

The Pinterest links to a fb . Is it the real fb?

1 minute ago, Finduilas said:

I don't see a wedding section ... But the Pinterest links to a fb . Is it the real fb?

The wedding section (may have been removed) is rustic-- barns, mason jars, burlap, etc.

But it also has reception table decor so it suggests that she (if real) wants more than a sub platter in a church basement or ice cream in a parking lot.

I listened to Nathan described his date with Ashley. Apparently, they went on a road trip. I want a Duggar girl to go on a road trip with their "boyfriends."

Just now, sunshine said:

I listened to Nathan described his date with Ashley. Apparently, they went on a road trip. I want a Duggar girl to go on a road trip with their "boyfriends."

I want a Duggar girl to go on a road trip. On their own.

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

Without a chaperone?

4 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I would have to find more details about this "road trip with girlfriend" before I started thinking it wasn't anything the Duggars wouldn't and haven't done. I have a feeling that the Bates version of "road trip with girlfriend" isn't what most people would view as "road trip with girlfriend". I suspect it is just another ploy to try and convince people that they aren't like the Duggars when in reality they are just like the Duggars. 

One of the most fundie people I know road across severak states with the person they were courting, but it was so heavily chaperoned that it isn't like they could even have a private conversation. I'm betting that is what this "road trip" was like. 

8 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I feel certain that there was a Bates (and/or Salyer) chaperone on that road trip.  

21 minutes ago, Bgirl said:

Without a chaperone?

It was not mentioned. So, I am guessing yes. But, let's not focus on the negative right now. :tw_grin:

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The season ends next week, I think, with this episode:

SEASON 3 : Episode 14 | Headed to the Altar

With the wedding of Brandon and Michaella just days away, as the excitement builds for the big day, we take a look back at their relationship and courtship, from their first days together to the romantic proposal!

--------------------

It would be fitting to announce the engagement during this season finale episode.  Or--they could hint that it is coming in the next season.

Just now, sunshine said:

It was not mentioned. So, I am guessing yes. But, let's not focus on the negative right now. :tw_grin:

I saw a picture of Nathan and Ashley from her family's Thanksgiving and Nathan's little brothers were there! So I guessed they were chosen as chaperone's? Coincidently they are in the same age bracket as Ashley's little sister!

26 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Let instead focus on what is most likely the reality instead of gushing over the fake life they like to present. And most likely the reality is that this isn't anything that the Duggars wouldn't have done and was a heavily chaperoned trip. 

If that is her pinterest (i don't know, i don't have one), the "spring outfits" section has a picture of Jenny Lee from Call the Midwife... the comment says "Jessica Raine, you play an excellant 'Jenny Lee'"- I'm not sure if that's her comment or someone else's. Guessing not hers, but not sure how to tell. 

012d12b62aed9a9b8a7d9e2b3a0ec4c8.jpg

46 minutes ago, sunshine said:

The entire purpose of this forum is to focus on the negatives of these damaging fundie religions...

6 hours ago, sunshine said:

Here we go again. :bangheaddesk:

4 hours ago, Ofglen said:

4 hours ago, Ofglen said:

If that is her pinterest (i don't know, i don't have one), the "spring outfits" section has a picture of Jenny Lee from Call the Midwife... the comment says "Jessica Raine, you play an excellant 'Jenny Lee'"- I'm not sure if that's her comment or someone else's. Guessing not hers, but not sure how to tell. 

This pic is on article, so they may just like the dress. I don't see anything about this. Before the whole gay revolution if you will, it was not uncommon for women to be close to one another like this, walk arm in arm, hold hands, share the same bed even though not related. Now, people are checking to ensure they are not promoting hey, she is gay because they are holding hands instead of they are just friends.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

It was probably exactly like the infamous Josh/Anna "roadtrip" they took after getting engaged. Where they engaged in vigorous hand sex while a couple of J-Slaves were trapped in the back seat as chaperones.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived