IGNORED

Nathan and Ashley Salyer - Courtship

jinseng

12 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Now, people are checking to ensure they are not promoting hey, she is gay because they are holding hands instead of they are just friends.

Really? Also before that whole "gay revolution" gay women had to pretend they were "just friends". 

Yes, I am sure the road consist of visiting friends of ATI and family members. *sigh* You guys

What you should be all  *sigh* over is all the people trapped in the fundie life style and how the Bates are trying to make it look attractive. People are actually hurt by the Bates beliefs and you want to talk about your Bates fantasy? 

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

It was probably exactly like the infamous Josh/Anna "roadtrip" they took after getting engaged. Where they engaged in vigorous hand sex while a couple of J-Slaves were trapped in the back seat as chaperones.

Ugh his poor little brothers had to witness that. Poor kids, I'm hoping it wasn't as pathetic as Josh and Anna were after they got engaged! They were just over the top disgusting. Now we know that Josh was just trying to convince himself and Anna that he loved her. That getting married would cure him of a certain problem, which we found out later didn't work! Poor Anna!

So this is floating around IG.  That is one hell of a side hug.

Anyone know who the little kid is?

That is possibly one of Ashley's little adopted brothers. And perhaps they are at a Zoo?  Bronx Zoo?

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

This pic is on article, so they may just like the dress. I don't see anything about this. Before the whole gay revolution if you will, it was not uncommon for women to be close to one another like this, walk arm in arm, hold hands, share the same bed even though not related. Now, people are checking to ensure they are not promoting hey, she is gay because they are holding hands instead of they are just friends.

I am oblivious too because in that picture i only see two friends/sisters in coordinated oufits for a photoshoot. And fundie girls have a special love for coordinated clothes!

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Really? Also before that whole "gay revolution" gay women had to pretend they were "just friends". 

What you should be all  *sigh* over is all the people trapped in the fundie life style and how the Bates are trying to make it look attractive. People are actually hurt by the Bates beliefs and you want to talk about your Bates fantasy? 

Nope. It was admiration. It's over now along with the coffee buzz. ha

Here is a link to the FB linked on the Pinterest page. If this is the real Ashley judging by the description I don't think  NY is for her. 

The previously linked Pinterest page is following a Silena Sayler, is that her sister or her mom? It says her username is "Salyermom" 

Ashley has two followers with the last name Sayler, again Silena Sayler and Hannah Sayler .Hannah's username is Hannahsalyer10 . 

If they get married, and the wedding is in the Bronx, I can't wait to see the entire Bates clan attend. All the Duggars, and their usual friends. What a hoot that will be.  The Bronx ain't TN! 

4 hours ago, Justme said:

If they get married, and the wedding is in the Bronx, I can't wait to see the entire Bates clan attend. All the Duggars, and their usual friends. What a hoot that will be.  The Bronx ain't TN! 

Also New Yorkers feed their wedding guests.  

If they do get married, if they follow tradition, the wedding will be in the Bronx.

34 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Also New Yorkers feed their wedding guests.  

If they do get married, if they follow tradition, the wedding will be in the Bronx.

I hope it is in the Bronx with lots of Dominican food at the reception.  But I get the feeling it will be in TN to better accomodate the 100s of fundy friends and leg humpers that want to attend.  Unless UP wants to help pay for it in the Bronx. I just don't think they have a huge budget at the UP channel.

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I can't wait for my queen JillRod to call dibs on the front row of their gawgeous New York wedding!!

Good luck with finding a place to park the RV, Jill.

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Good luck with finding a place to park the RV, Jill.

She will find a way! She has probably already started fishing for an invitation. 

Sorry this is a little off-topic now, but as a newbie, is Ashley's name Sayler or Salyer? I've seen it spelled both ways. I'm not sure why I care, I just do...

Just now, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Sorry this is a little off-topic now, but as a newbie, is Ashley's name Sayler or Salyer? I've seen it spelled both ways. I'm not sure why I care, I just do...

Per her IG, it's Ashley Salyer.

22 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So this is floating around IG.  That is one hell of a side hug.

Anyone know who the little kid is?

Not that it's any surprise if they get engaged and married but "They will be great parents someday!" shows some serious endorsement of the way things are going,  Then again she will probably be pregnant before the year is up.  I'm assuming a late summer wedding if they aren't already engaged.  They have been courting just over 3 months. 

I watched the episode last night. The bates are decorating for christmas when Gil, Kelly and Nathan have "large talk" (what the bateseses call courtship talk) and Kelly says they (Nate and Ash) have been talking for 6 months at that point in time, when Nathan says he is going to ask her to court during his christmas visit. So I expect their courtship and engagement to be short considering they have had a long get to know you time compared to fundie standards. Gil and Kelly ask if he will become a city boy and he adamantly says no no no repeatedly. And in the preview for the courtship proposal he pulls out a boot box that say Ariat, which is a known cowboy boot brand, to give her which I am guessing has a pair of cowboy boots for her in it. I think the cowboy boots being apart of his courtship proposal is an inadvertent or blatant way of saying if you agree to court me this means moving out to the country. They will get married and live in TN, I am willing to bet a $100 on it. 

At risk of sounding like a leghumper, I can't help but think they look cute together!

I hope the "take-the-girl-out-of-the-city, can't-take-the-city-out-of-the-girl" adage stands and she easily teaches her future in-laws about not being frightened of anything or anyone "worldly" and different. And I'll bet her family and the Bates' will make for an interesting wedding crowd too. 

1 minute ago, NakedKnees said:

At risk of sounding like a leghumper, I can't help but think they look cute together!

I hope the "take-the-girl-out-of-the-city, can't-take-the-city-out-of-the-girl" adage stands and she easily teaches her future in-laws about not being frightened of anything or anyone "worldly" and different. And I'll bet her family and the Bates' will make for an interesting wedding crowd too. 

I think they're really cute together too.  If I didn't know their beliefs and who they are, I'd think they're an adorable couple on the internet.

I'd love to see them compromise on where to live (TN city, halfway point between their families, rural parts of NY state, etc).  I doubt they'd live in the city itself (even if he could see himself moving there) because of the insane COL (especially for a young couple).  I'm still not clear on what Nathan does for a living and how he will support them.  Did Gil hand his tree business to the 2nd generation?  Is he running Lawson's business? Is he still at Crown?

In the episode preview where he asks if she can leave the city, the face she makes is priceless.  I also wonder if wearing the cowboy hat in the city was staged or not.

As a native of New York (State--- NYC suburbs) there's an old saying that holds true.  You can take a girl out of NY but you can't take NY out of the girl.  There's been times where the stereotypical aggressive New Yorker (not my demeanor at all) comes out of me.  I hope she shows a Bronx spine to her future in laws.

She's well known within ATI.  Her Instagram has pics with various Duggars.  Jill and Derick had lunch with her when they took a NY trip (when she was pregnant with Izzy) and she's apparently close to Anna.  I'm wondering if JB is kicking himself that he missed this one too (I'd love to see a NY attitude given to him)

Ok, so Nathan now needs to find a place for he and his bride-to-be to live. So Gil's tree business now needs to support 2 households. I doubt that it can support more than that. I think the younger boys--Trace on down--will need to find other livelihoods. And unlike the Duggars, as far as we know, the Bates have no other family houses lying about to install new couples in.

22 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I can't wait for my queen JillRod to call dibs on the front row of their gawgeous New York wedding!!

I just want to read Jill's blog post about how evil and scary New York is and how it's full of hussies who are trying to steal David away from her and lure her children into a life of sin and wearing pants and wearing their hair in styles other than 1983 Glamour Photoshoot.

15 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Have you not read her blog? She is anything but worldly. She may appear to be free, but still has the same narrow minded, sexist, homophobic views she was raised with. She may not be frightened but is surely disgusted. this New York Apple does not fall too far from the fundie tree. 

And to add, I don't think you sound like a leg-humper.

What does Nathan do for a living? Lawson is the one with the successful lawn business, isn't he? Plus he sings. Is Nathan the one who is studying to be a preacher at Crown?

23 minutes ago, Justme said:

What does Nathan do for a living? Lawson is the one with the successful lawn business, isn't he? Plus he sings. Is Nathan the one who is studying to be a preacher at Crown?

I think that's what he's studying at Crown with the intention of becoming a missionary/preacher.  Right now he's involved in Gil's Tree trimming/cutting business.

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Ok, so Nathan now needs to find a place for he and his bride-to-be to live. So Gil's tree business now needs to support 2 households. I doubt that it can support more than that. I think the younger boys--Trace on down--will need to find other livelihoods. And unlike the Duggars, as far as we know, the Bates have no other family houses lying about to install new couples in.

Tree removal pays pretty well maybe not extreme family size well but, my parents had to have a tree removed from our yard. (Home association rules) I was shocked at how much they charged!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived