IGNORED

Possible Lawsuit for Josh

DGayle

I wonder who the NFV hired as their atty? This is a pretty interesting area. The right atty with the right connections might be able to really stick it to them. :pray:

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DUH.....

!  {TEXT1}:
AYTFJ is not for posting "secret" information. It's a place for users to post about personal topics. Do not post shit about the Duggars in there or it will be moved.

Hold up guys! I'm not going to reveal the source of these messages, mainly because I don't believe our "Harry" is prepared for a huge number of questions and Free Jinger members taking over the small discussion we are having. It would also compromise his source, who could lose his/her job, if any digging starts...and FJers are excellent diggers!

If everyone would rather I stop posting "Harry"'s insights, I'll be happy to. But for now, this is just a guy trying to contribute, in his humble way, to the well being of NFV. He is asking everyone to support her, even in her anonymity, on Twitter and Facebook, because she is reading those sources and others. I don't twit or face, so I decided to post here instead.

Again, nothing is 100% certain here but I don't get the *feeling* that "Harry" is faking anything. I don't feel right about sharing the uglier rumors right now, since I know bupkis about "Harry" or the other posters. Time will tell if their accusations are supported by evidence or other people who aren't anonymous.

Edit: cuz I'm still learning to spell.

!  {TEXT1}:
You are not allowed to post quotes from private websites here. You can post summaries, but not quotes.

You say dream killer; I say realist.

Just trying to save you from a let down.

I will say this; the truth is the truth and it usually comes out. Not as quickly as we might like and the guilty often go unpunished. But I do think there is much more to this story and someday we'll have a more complete picture of what all of these whack jobs have been up to. And it isn't going to have a thing to do with Jesus.

No, Jesus isn't into the Gothard sessy time shenanigans.

After reading throu all former post and the billions of "pm me" Posts, I feel that all we have got so far is:

- An Article by in Touch stating that the victim is PREPARING to fill a law suit and

- Some unknown "Harry" posting at an unknown place.

So let me get this straight. A brand new FJ poster is accessing information from a website no one else can see, with anonymous sources, and it is being taken as gospel? It's rumors about rumors. EVERYONE needs to slow the hell down and take a deep breath.

I'm not calling lostfemme a liar, but I am saying that she's an unknown quantity. She has very little in the way of posting history to look at to assess her trustworthiness, and on top of that she doesn't know the people she's quoting and won't share her source. So, you know, grain of salt.

Please add me to the PM list! Thank you!!

!  {TEXT1}:
For fuck's sake, read the thread! There is not PM list.

So let me get this straight. A brand new FJ poster is accessing information from a website no one else can see, with anonymous sources, and it is being taken as gospel? It's rumors about rumors. EVERYONE needs to slow the hell down and take a deep breath.

I'm not calling lostfemme a liar, but I am saying that she's an unknown quantity. She has very little in the way of posting history to look at to assess her trustworthiness, and on top of that she doesn't know the people she's quoting and won't share her source. So, you know, grain of salt.

You are also killing the dream. Dreamkillers all of you! :cry:

I get everyone's willingness to believe the rumors. I think we all want to see some sort of justice be served. I'm curious to see if anything happens on Monday...

Ok, so is there a different term maybe they are using? I ran across this explanation. So maybe they are dumbing it down for the NFV et all.

"The complaint explains why the plaintiff is suing the defendant and what remedy (for example, money damages, the return of certain property, or an injunction to stop the defendant from taking certain actions) the plaintiff wants."

It really does not matter at this point in time. A Judge has to rule on the matter..ie, whether or not to freeze assets. That does not happen when cases are filed. They are simply filed and added to the calendar. A Filing Clerk cannot freeze assets.

And no, I am not in the legal profession but my friend is a Paralegal and answered my questions.

It really does not matter at this point in time. A Judge has to rule on the matter..ie, whether or not to freeze assets. That does not happen when cases are filed. They are simply filed and added to the calendar. A Filing Clerk cannot freeze assets.

And no, I am not in the legal profession but my friend is a Paralegal and answered my questions.

It's nice that you have a friend who is a Paralegal.

But no judge will be ruling on any freezing of assets in this case.

First, there is no lawsuit, and secondly, the hypothetical defendants have yet to be found responsible for any damages.

(this place is beginning to scare me)

No one's assets are frozen because a complaint is filed. The law just doesn't work that way. You honestly think the court is going to say you can't use your money to pay your bills because someone has accused you of molestation or anything else? What if the person being sued didn't do anything? This case is very run of the mill, it just involves celebrities. There is nothing special about it. Also, statute of limitations issues don't necessarily have to be cleared up before discovery starts. They don't in my state and I doubt they do in most.

Usually discovery cannot begin for a specific period of time, such as for at least 30 days after a complaint is filed, so no one is going to subpoena Jill for deposition on the date the complaint is filed. If she is out of the country when they want to serve her with the subpoena I sure something can be worked out with her attorney. If not, there are a million other Duggars to depose.

The legal process is nothing like on tv or in the movies. It is tedious, usually boring and, most of all, tends to move at a snail's pace. If anything, it mostly involves research and paperwork. There are no grandiose speeches given by attorneys in court that change the direction of the case. It's just not that exciting. For most people, being sued will not disrupt their day to day life because their attorney handles everything. I am not sure where people are getting these weird ideas about how the law works. Even if a complaint is filed against Josh on Monday, it could take years to come to trial and we likely will never hear what happened during the discovery process.

Why is it that "lostfemme"s profile says she joined fj in May 2015, but her posting history goes back as far as Dec 2011 when she was apparently a "history nerd" going by the username "plot"?

Burris?

ETa: this Jan 2012 post sounds very Burrisesque. Is it possible she has multiple accounts/access from when she was an admin?

Wow! Epic thread to introduce me to VJ, I *think* I've got a vague idea who the regular posters are and the issues. All the natter about the basic fundy personalities still eludes me, though I certainly know who Doug is now.

Three days of reading some fascinating stuff, I wish it had been 2 months ago.

Just because KIIS might someday return to read this thread, I'd like to say something.

His defense of patriarchy (or refusal to defend it though continuing to uphold it) reminds me of the old commies I meet in Eastern Europe or anyone who remembers how happy everyone was under a dictatorship. Yes, no doubt about it, living under a BENEVOLENT dictator who takes care of you is a good life. Problem is, benevolent dictators have despotic sons and corrupt ministers. Benevolent dictators believe so thoroughly in their own goodness, they refuse to acknowledge the bad.

Is it not the height of Pride (biblically speaking) to imagine oneself completely good in one's perceptions of oneself?

Yes, it's easier to stay happy if one stays a child under a belief system or dictator that has all the authority. But one always remains a child. Essentially, every religion I've ever investigated has made a child-like mind one of it's blessed conditions. Fuck that. I've smelled the con in that since I was seven. It doesn't help that women are pressured more strongly to remain "innocent and pure" like children, for essentially their whole lives. As soon as any system treats questioning as a sin or bad karma or haram, it is a scam that wants absolute allegiance for its own ends.

The problem of patriarchy is the same as the problem with monarchies. Absolute power is so easily corruptible, even on an unconscious level. Give anything or anyone complete authority (a company - hello US banks!) and everything is done to protect the authority rather than human rights and truth.

Growing up is HARD. Real learning is HARD (not the bullshit educations of the fundies which disgust me with their complete lack of rigour and independent thought.) Questioning and looking for answers is HARD. Trusting authorities is the punkass easy way out. The light at the end of the tunnel is that one never has to eat one's doubts and questions, one can make better decisions, one can appreciate so much more and participate in some wonderful aspects of life outside the confines of religious or dictatorial prescriptions.

Guess what Knight! In this world outside VF, we can discuss anything. We don't self-censor as you so obviously do. We aren't afraid of hostility to our ideas, since they are only ideas. We can't claim Truth because truth is in the making.

I don't care how intelligent or benevolent a leader is. I maintain an absolute right to vote him out and question anything he says or does. I would never pick a husband who demanded obedience or even leadership, never join a church or movement that asked for the same. I want to grow up and be an thinking adult, no matter how HARD that is.

As far as the Bible being the most culturally significant book in history, might I suggest a great books class? No one book deserves the worship you give the Bible. Exposing yourself to the greater pantheon of Western art and thought might help you get beyond this need for some comfortable blissful life under flawed systems.

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=3942&p=159703#p159703

Long con, indeed. What a dick.

Back to victim counting and possible lawsuit.....

On page 19 of this thread, I mentioned about 'concernedmom's' comments and how the 5th victim cannot be Jim Holt's daughter. I also stated that there was another 'molestation' that took place, outside the house.

I went back to an old post I made and found where in the Police Report of 2006 that's located. It's located on page 11 of the police report it states:

"They said that also admitted to fondling outside the home on her breasts. This 'outside the home' is either a different victim or one of the 5....and it doesn't state if this person was sleeping or not....but clearly this was taking place outside the home!

According to 'concernedmom' the 5th victim is NOT Mr. Holt's daughter, but concernedmom's friend's daughter. So.....how many more victims are out there? I suspect many more.

Good sleuthing, blessalessi.

Yes, indeed. There are other possible explanations though. :)

May I just take this opportunity to say - "Harry" is full of shit.

My opinion only, of course.

Yes, indeed. There are other possible explanations though. :)

May I just take this opportunity to say - "Harry" is full of shit.

My opinion only, of course.

Absolute speculation on my part, but it is odd that lostfemme changed her name and came back sounding like a new person!

Someone is enjoying the attention though. :lol:

Absolute speculation on my part, but it is odd that lostfemme changed her name and came back sounding like a new person!

Someone is enjoying the attention though. :lol:

Very much so. :lol:

It is very odd, and there is nothing wrong with a bit of troll-hunting healthy skepticism. I wish more people were demonstrating it at the moment.

I'm not a Degreed Law ProfessionalTM and even I know that freezing assets or stopping Jill leaving the country because of a hypothetical civil case is bull crap. So "Harry" is full of it, and someone posting what "Harry" says on some super-secret forum here is pot-stirring, to put it very mildly.

Use your common-sense, people!

Intriguing. And the deactivated "plot" account says it has made no posts.

That is standard if someone asks for a name change I think.

Ok, so is there a different term maybe they are using? I ran across this explanation. So maybe they are dumbing it down for the NFV et all.

"The complaint explains why the plaintiff is suing the defendant and what remedy (for example, money damages, the return of certain property, or an injunction to stop the defendant from taking certain actions) the plaintiff wants."

Here's part of what I HOPE the plaintiff (if there really is one, and I hope there is) says in the complaint: That the plaintiff wants the Duggars to STOP minimizing HER pain, disgust, shame, and hurt over the incident that she was forced to "forgive" because ATI.

Here's part of what I HOPE the plaintiff (if there really is one, and I hope there is) says in the complaint: That the plaintiff wants the Duggars to STOP minimizing HER pain, disgust, shame, and hurt over the incident that she was forced to "forgive" because ATI.

News of jJosh getting sued has only deepened my mothers support of the duggars. She thinks "the victim is being pressured by media to sue" "people are jealous of the duggars" "people have no faith" what is this world she is living in :pink-shock:

Archived