IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

Meri did have a job in the past. Then she was fired. Then she started school, I believe. I'm not sure why All About the Tea stopped covering the catfish story either, I enjoyed their articles. Hearing about Kody's adoption of Robyn's kids is enough already. It makes it seem like Robyn, Dayton, Aurora, Breanna, and Solomon are all that matters to him. Oh wait... :pb_lol:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All about the Tea seems to have posted a story at 5AM today: http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/28/meri-brown-plotted-to-leave-kody-brown-for-catfish-lover-during-season-6-filming/

Not a lot of new information, but they don't seem to be letting the story go to me. What's this about a feud between Janelle and Kody? I didn't see that on the catfish's site, although admittedly, I didn't read all of it. 

One thing I did find interesting was the blog post that was complaining about another catfish, and using really harsh language. They said the person was evil, and basically had no scruples. I guess, she's trying to get people off the scent? Or really confuse people, so they don't know what to believe. I really can't figure out what her end game is. Very weird. 

Over on the Previously TV forums, a lot of people believed that Jackie had been there recently in the form of a troll with poor grammar who was arguing the catfish story wasn't true. I have no doubt she's looking at a lot of this stuff and enjoying the notoriety. Does this woman have a job???  

@IreneIssh, which was the post about another catfish? I have a hunch what that might be about, though I didn't read it :D 

It's this post here: http://www.notbatmanyet.com/?p=1695 

What are they talking about? I didn't follow this on twitter until the stuff about the catfish came out, so I don't have any idea. Here's what's said, in case people don't wanna give the catfish their clicks

The other issue on this day was a guy threatening to expose voicemails he said he had from me and Meri. As trolls do, he was lying and trying to make her talk or at least talk one on one to him to get information from her. These people are ruthless, as we all have seen. They have no heart and will tell whatever lie they can to cause a reaction. It upset Meri so much. I had Lindsay go delete this twitter account and then Meri calmed down.

So I've always been fascinated by this family because they seem so dysfunctional. I so badly want to tell them about economies of scale (the one thing the Duggars do). 

I just watched the nachos clip and its so freaking sad. I like Christine, mostly, but how Kody got 4 women to marry him his a mystery to me. He's such an awful, full of himself guy. Given that Meri would rather see her sister Wives declare bankruptcy than help them/give up organic bananas, I don't have much respect for her. As someone else said, be an adult and leave if you want to, but don't have an affair.

I think Meri is positively awful and I have zero pity for her.

Oh gosh. I have no idea, then. Glad to know he can "have Lindsay go delete Twitter accounts" :pb_lol:

Yeah!! What the hell does that mean? Why didn't that raise some questions in her brain??

I don't think Meri applied any measure of critical thinking when it came to this situation. Perhaps she doesn't know enough to be able to see through the catfish's mechanisms, or perhaps the catfish was more thorough than any of us could guess, but my guess is that she saw only what she wanted to see...including a secret basement hacking ninja who was there to protect her at Sam's order.

Regardless of what the gameplan was at the beginning of the season, there are re-edits happening daily at TLC headquarters to manage this turn of events.   This is wonderful for the network - they love a good story - and although it sucks for the Brown family personally, it ain't hurtin' the wallet.

Regardless of what the gameplan was at the beginning of the season, there are re-edits happening daily at TLC headquarters to manage this turn of events.   This is wonderful for the network - they love a good story - and although it sucks for the Brown family personally, it ain't hurtin' the wallet.

I wonder if the Browns are going to decline doing another seasons as a result of this fiasco. I mean, I know TLC would want to make this the front and center storyline- why not?? But I could see the Browns see this storyline as an admission of failure of polygamy and therefore opt to cancel the show instead. Then again, I know these people are pretty driven by money and I doubt they'd want the gravy train to end. 

@defraudingjezebel I think that they would not publicly acknowledge this as a marriage failure -- affairs, whether emotional, physical, cyber or not, happen in polygamous and monogamous marriages.  I don't really see the Browns as saying that polygamy is better but, rather, that it is their preferred choice for marriage.  My feeling is that they would spin this storyline as a marital "challenge" much like they did with the stupid "therapy weekend" with Christine.  

This arc is a way to admit some shortcoming, to seem more relatable to their audience.  

"Hey! We're the Browns and we're polygamists but we're really just like you!"   Hasn't this always been their message?  

There's a new story out about Robyn trashing Meri in private Facebook messages. Not sure how these were leaked, or who the friend is that Robyn was speaking with. But if they're real, Robyn really never did care much for Meri. I've always felt 50/50 about Robyn. Sometimes I think she's conniving and really trying to be the favorite sister wife, and other times I think she's naive and just emotional. After this, I think she is manipulative 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/sister-wives-robyn-insults-meri-to-friends-in-private-messages/

Leaker must be Kendra or "Sam."  I'm guessing Jackie had several personas that were interacting with the family, given her history.  She seems good at what she does.  On recent posts "Sam" now has a new girlfriend, "Peyton" who he is dating for just a few weeks before he moves, even though he still loves Meri and is posting all of their private interactions online.  I REALLY wish Nev would just take this one on, on his own, just for shits and giggles.  

My question to "Sam" would be this: If you love Meri so much, why are you leaking her business to the media and basically trashing her? That isn't how someone loves. Jackie is so bad at this. It's pathetic and gross. And Meri already had that with Kody. Girl can't catch a break. 

I feel terrible for Meri that this has happened.  She's had a shitty cult.  Like it or not, she was brainwashed into thinking this lifestyle was normal and healthy.  The first glimmer of hope she has for breaking free and she is catfished by a lunatic who now seems to get her jollies by humiliating Meri.  No one deserves that.  HOWEVER.... I'm thrilled that this is at least exposing the Browns and their family dynamic as a farce.  Too many people watched this show and thought 'gee, that life doesn't seem so bad.  Maybe we should legalize it.'  TLC edited out the really telling things that would make the average person realize religion-based polygamy is rarely a good thing for the women and children involved.  The Browns lived a lie in order to make money.  TLC promoted a lie in order to make money.  Meri and Robyn were both real idiots to put so much trust in their respective BFFS, "Sam" and Kendra.  I'm not shocked in the least that it seems to be those two nuts who are taking the family down.  

I'd really like to know Janelle and Christine's take on all of this.  I've long suspected that Christine's mom moved in with her to help her out because a.) she was becoming mentally unstable due to the abusiveness of this lifestyle or b.) like Meri, her marriage to Kody was basically over and it was all an act for the mighty TLC $$.  Maybe both.  

Kody seems to dislike Christine the most. I'm not surprised that her mother would feel the need to move in to help her. It doesn't hurt that Christine's mom is anti-polygamy. Maybe she can subtly suggest that her daughter get out. 

There's a new story out about Robyn trashing Meri in private Facebook messages. Not sure how these were leaked, or who the friend is that Robyn was speaking with. But if they're real, Robyn really never did care much for Meri. I've always felt 50/50 about Robyn. Sometimes I think she's conniving and really trying to be the favorite sister wife, and other times I think she's naive and just emotional. After this, I think she is manipulative 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/sister-wives-robyn-insults-meri-to-friends-in-private-messages/

Am I missing the actual messages? The article says Life & Style has them, but a quick search of their site revealed nothing for me.

I feel terrible for Meri that this has happened.  She's had a shitty cult.  Like it or not, she was brainwashed into thinking this lifestyle was normal and healthy.  The first glimmer of hope she has for breaking free and she is catfished by a lunatic who now seems to get her jollies by humiliating Meri.  No one deserves that.  HOWEVER.... I'm thrilled that this is at least exposing the Browns and their family dynamic as a farce.  Too many people watched this show and thought 'gee, that life doesn't seem so bad.  Maybe we should legalize it.'  TLC edited out the really telling things that would make the average person realize religion-based polygamy is rarely a good thing for the women and children involved.  The Browns lived a lie in order to make money.  TLC promoted a lie in order to make money.  Meri and Robyn were both real idiots to put so much trust in their respective BFFS, "Sam" and Kendra.  I'm not shocked in the least that it seems to be those two nuts who are taking the family down.  

I'd really like to know Janelle and Christine's take on all of this.  I've long suspected that Christine's mom moved in with her to help her out because a.) she was becoming mentally unstable due to the abusiveness of this lifestyle or b.) like Meri, her marriage to Kody was basically over and it was all an act for the mighty TLC $$.  Maybe both.  

I agree. I think Christine's mom moved in because she saw how much difficulty Christine experienced in Vegas both in day-to-day practical matters and emotionally-speaking. I do hope that her mother, who left the polygamous lifestyle herself, will talk with Christine and help her work out whether she needs to be a part of this family or not. 

I think Janelle has just tuned out. From the show and book, I get the sense that she has learned how to tune things out just as a way to get by and do what she needs to do for her kids. I think as her kids get older and start leaving the home, she might consider leaving the family. I definitely think that once the majority of kids have left the home, the wives will basically live as single empty-nesters. I doubt they will have much of a relationship with one another at all, and probably not Kody either. The kids are/were what hold that family together. 

Kody seems to dislike Christine the most. I'm not surprised that her mother would feel the need to move in to help her. It doesn't hurt that Christine's mom is anti-polygamy. Maybe she can subtly suggest that her daughter get out. 

I've thought about that too. I hope that happens, but knowing that her mom left the church and polygamy, Christine might be more resistant to hearing her advice because she'll see her as biased. I hope they have a chance to talk, but thinking back to how Christine emphasized that her mom would not be allowed to talk about her marriage or get involved in her fights with Kody when she moved in with her, I have a feeling it might be pretty difficult. 

What I don't understand is why TLC is making this the Robyn Show. Most people are like you or they hate her. There is no Sobbyn fan club out there.

I think TLC may be dumb enough to think that the viewers actually sympathize with Robyn and her emotions and constant tears. Though I think most people find her annoying and fake   

I think this is another example of how out-of-tune TLC is with its viewers and audience. A Jill & Jessa special? Bad call. Making this the Robyn show? Bad call. I'm sure there are more but I'm starving and can't think straight.

I'd love to know what's going on in their HQ, that they think alienating their viewers is a good idea.

I rarely watch the show but enjoy the snark about it so much. I cant bring myself to watch Robyn cry anymore and wipe her eyes with her fingers and look at it, then wipe it on herself. I also have four kids and see enough crying and whining and happy they are growing out of that stage. Bickering whining crying- don't want to watch it on TV.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived