IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

Just because he has four wives does not mean he is not a womanizer or cheating. He does not seem to like most of his wives, we don't really know what that man does all day apart from "meetings".

Do we know for sure the dad is a deadbeat? He could just not really make much money which would mean less money for Robyn. He could of given up his rights because he wants his kids to have insurances too. Who knows.

You're right- that his having 4 wives doesn't inherently make him a womanizer. However, Kody has displayed tons of misogynistic and machismo type of behavior in the show that makes me think he gets a real ego boost from having so many wives and so many kids. He has made dozens of comments in the show about wanting to prove his manhood in all kinds of stupidly shallow ways. In that sense, I don't think its too far off to claim that Kody might be the womanizing type if he weren't in this particular religion. His ego and masculinity need an awful lot of validation. 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact is, we have absolutely no idea as to why the bio dad gave up his rights. The only source we have is highly edited TLC footage and some rear leak articles of which half are probably fake as well. 

Judging from what I've seen on SW, I think the kids are happy about feeling like an integral part of the daily family goings-on. They seem to feel safe and protected within the Brown family and at ease now that they're adopted. We have no idea whether they love and miss their dad, whether they couldn't care less about him b/c he doesn't care a lot about them either, or whether they secretly despise him. Maybe they're even glad about not having to see him all that often. One kid might feel one way, the other might feel differently. Sobyn is probably not the most reliable source when it comes to details of the real family interactions. It's not that rare a scenario that kids want to achieve the feeling of belonging to someone through adoption, even though the bio parent has been or is involved to some degree, though. It's just hearsay and I personally only know of two cases. One of which was a person in their mid-50s who finally pushed through an adoption, and took on their adoptive parent's name because it made them feel like they're honoring their adoptive parent and what good said parent has done in their life. 

Boryn recreating a past that just hasn't happened? Yeah, totally semi-creepy. On the one hand, I understood it as much more of a gift to Kody (who happened not to be present at the time the 3 kids were little) and much less a gift for the kids. On the other hand, it keeps being creepy. 

I liked that the Kids honored Meri, too. She gave up a lot for them and I have no doubt that all the Browns love all the kids. Christine tries desperately to be more likeable and come off as the totally relaxed wife even though everybody knows she's totally unhappy about Kody barely tolerating her. I have no doubt that Christine even loves Robyn's older kids, though. 

You're right- that his having 4 wives doesn't inherently make him a womanizer. However, Kody has displayed tons of misogynistic and machismo type of behavior in the show that makes me think he gets a real ego boost from having so many wives and so many kids. He has made dozens of comments in the show about wanting to prove his manhood in all kinds of stupidly shallow ways. In that sense, I don't think its too far off to claim that Kody might be the womanizing type if he weren't in this particular religion. His ego and masculinity need an awful lot of validation. 

Actually, the post you quoted said just because he has four wives doesn't mean he's NOT cheating ... iow, he could very well be cheating in spite of all those wives. Cheating isn't about sex, as far as I can see, in most cases. It's about ego validation or unmet needs or insecurity or *something. I can EASILY see Kody cheating if he thought he could get away with it (and wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out he has in the past pre-show). As for now, the thought of that man hitting on me makes my skin crawl, but hell, he managed to convince four separate women to not only crawl into bed with him but to *marry him, so clearly he's got something going for him. 

Actually, the post you quoted said just because he has four wives doesn't mean he's NOT cheating ... iow, he could very well be cheating in spite of all those wives. Cheating isn't about sex, as far as I can see, in most cases. It's about ego validation or unmet needs or insecurity or *something. I can EASILY see Kody cheating if he thought he could get away with it (and wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out he has in the past pre-show). As for now, the thought of that man hitting on me makes my skin crawl, but hell, he managed to convince four separate women to not only crawl into bed with him but to *marry him, so clearly he's got something going for him. 

Oh damn, you're right! I totally misread that- I must've skimmed over the second "not" in the sentence. That makes a lot more sense, then. 

Yeah, Kody is a hard nut to crack. On one hand, I don't think he's a totally malicious person. On the other hand, he seems to be pretty obsessed with himself and often equates his desires with the family's "needs."

When I saw the Brown family doing the hand prints in cement at Christine's house, I thought to myself, does this family ever STOP celebrating themselves? It's nice that they are all so proud, but damn. We get it. You guys are the Brown family. Enough commemorative jewelry, plaques, hand prints, and ceremonies. 

^ I agree about the over celebration of their family, it seems to be literally all they have going on in their lives.  I mean family is everything to a lot of people, but they really don't seem to have any other careers or goals in life going on.  The amount of money they spent on that adoption party had to have been insane, including the custom cake, custom plaques, custom creep portrait, cement pouring, etc.

The painting was way too much.  She can't create moments between Kody and his adopted kids because those moments have never existed and will never, they should focus on creating special moments in the future from now on as the kids grow up.  I think it really shows her and Kody's maturity level, as most adults know all of this already.  Robyn also reminds me of some crazy women I've known in my personal life.  They appear charming, somewhat good looking, nice until you see their dark side, which seems to stem from insecurities.  As soon as they feel threatened or not loved enough, they will find ways to take other people down to bring themselves up.  I would not trust her in my family at all.  She seems extremely sneaky, manipulative, and controlling.  I mean the whole family had to join in her stupid jewelry business that was going to obviously make them all go broke? That's scary having to be wrapped up in that, especially when you aren't married to her and only have a "sisterly" relationship.  I think at some point we'll see her true crazy colors, its only a matter of time that people like that can pretend to be normal.

When I saw the Brown family doing the hand prints in cement at Christine's house, I thought to myself, does this family ever STOP celebrating themselves? It's nice that they are all so proud, but damn. We get it. You guys are the Brown family. Enough commemorative jewelry, plaques, hand prints, and ceremonies. 

Totally. Its a "the Browns doth protest too much" thing, to me. They're so eager to convince the world (and themselves) that they're just 100% great and fine, which is why I think when/if Meri opens up about "Sam" that it will turn into a "everyone blame Meri" fest in the show. Any admission that maybe polygamy is just as hard or harder than monogamy and they would feel like they've lost the game.

This.

I was so horrified you thought I was defending him!!!!

I was so horrified you thought I was defending him!!!!

Oh no! Yeah, I'm sorry I misread what you said. If it makes you feel any better, I honestly didn't initially interpret what you said as a defense necessarily.... I saw it as someone simply adding more nuance to the conversation! :D 

My on demand cable menu just added the title of the upcoming 11/15 episode. It is called "Meri Catfished". I must admit, I'm shocked they are addressing it this directly, especially so soon after the story broke (and especially since it doesn't seem to me like the general public/mainstream media care all that much). I guess they figure it will at least draw some viewers - much more interesting than this snooze of a season all about Robyn and the adoptions.

There's a new article out: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/75380/20151102/sister-wives-robyn-meri-brown-off-camera-war-includes-name-calling-backstabbing-animosity.htm

The comment section includes some posts by a person whose online name is MosesKnowses. Some of the gems include: 

"Meri was an innocent victim. She was protected by the family once they learned of the horrible situation. Robyn made Kody forgive Meri, because Meri was a target. Kody did the right thing, recently installing a key logger on Meri's computer at Robyn's suggestion, he should have done it long ago and the notbatmanyet attack could have been thwarted at the very beginning. The attack lasting six months has done irreparable damage to the family and the production. Robyn always has the safety and well-being of all of the family members foremost on her mind. She highly values the series as a way of promoting and showcasing the polygamy life style that they are all proud to be a part of."

and

"Jessop took Robyn's virginal purity before Brown had an opportunity to protect her honor. Kody feels intense guilt over not being able to be the first to have sexual relations with Robyn when she was young. His only option now is to implant in the children's belief's that spiritually he was there with them when they were small, guiding and nurturing them as needed. Embedded in their past lives is where he believes he should be to successfully modify their memories. Destiny, Robyn agrees, made an error. She and Kody are simply attempting to rectify history."

and

"Kody would have been there with the children in a physical presence if it had been possible. What he and Robyn are accomplishing now is on a spiritual level, placing Kody carefully and skillfully in the children's past. If the children can realise that he's always loved them, that is all that matters. It's a straightforward and simple act of kindness, caring, and timelessness. Love knows no boundaries."

Needless to say, other commenters think it's Kody or Robyn. I seriously hope all this BS isn't true and it's just another random shit commenter...or perhaps the catfish.

My on demand cable menu just added the title of the upcoming 11/15 episode. It is called "Meri Catfished". I must admit, I'm shocked they are addressing it this directly, especially so soon after the story broke (and especially since it doesn't seem to me like the general public/mainstream media care all that much. I guess they figure it will at least draw some viewers - much more interesting than this snooze of a season all about Robyn and the adoptions.

Whoa. I didn't expect them to address it at all, let alone so directly. I wonder how many reshoots they had to do to make that work. I mean, she was talking to the catfish as late as August, right? 

There's a new article out: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/75380/20151102/sister-wives-robyn-meri-brown-off-camera-war-includes-name-calling-backstabbing-animosity.htm

The comment section includes some posts by a person whose online name is MosesKnowses. Some of the gems include: 

"Meri was an innocent victim. She was protected by the family once they learned of the horrible situation. Robyn made Kody forgive Meri, because Meri was a target. Kody did the right thing, recently installing a key logger on Meri's computer at Robyn's suggestion, he should have done it long ago and the notbatmanyet attack could have been thwarted at the very beginning. The attack lasting six months has done irreparable damage to the family and the production. Robyn always has the safety and well-being of all of the family members foremost on her mind. She highly values the series as a way of promoting and showcasing the polygamy life style that they are all proud to be a part of."

and

"Jessop took Robyn's virginal purity before Brown had an opportunity to protect her honor. Kody feels intense guilt over not being able to be the first to have sexual relations with Robyn when she was young. His only option now is to implant in the children's belief's that spiritually he was there with them when they were small, guiding and nurturing them as needed. Embedded in their past lives is where he believes he should be to successfully modify their memories. Destiny, Robyn agrees, made an error. She and Kody are simply attempting to rectify history."

and

"Kody would have been there with the children in a physical presence if it had been possible. What he and Robyn are accomplishing now is on a spiritual level, placing Kody carefully and skillfully in the children's past. If the children can realise that he's always loved them, that is all that matters. It's a straightforward and simple act of kindness, caring, and timelessness. Love knows no boundaries."

Needless to say, other commenters think it's Kody or Robyn. I seriously hope all this BS isn't true and it's just another random shit commenter...or perhaps the catfish.

Wow.  That HAS to be one of them or another close family member.  That is some effed up BS. Run Meri run!! :fubar:  And Robyn is insinuating herself nicely into this drama that I believe she helped to manufacture. Asserting her 1st wife role well and putting down her previous rival. 

and

and

Wow, that whole thing about placing Kody in the children's past, and him being wracked with guilt is NUTS. That has to be a Brown. It defies any conventional logic. I hope one of Robyn's kids is the one to write the tell-all book someday, because they have to have some really bizarre stories. 

In other news, after a few days of silence, the Catfish is posting again, vehemently denying what we all know to be true

Over the weekend I’ve had conversations. I’ve answered questions and I’ve emailed proof. And had even more conversations. It’s been interesting.

Let’s get down to the biggest lie that was told.

I am not a girl. My name is Samuel and I have never pretended to be a girl. Jackie Overton is completely innocent in this. Now other things in her life have come to light. And she has taken responsibility for whatever happened. Thanks to some very horrible people, one of them being you know who, this girl was arrested with her mom and forced to deal with internet rumors, lies, and the entire world now thinking she catfished a tv star.

THAT DID NOT HAPPENED!

:crazy:

THAT DID NOT HAPPENED!

Yeah, win for grammar there, catfish!

Dear Catfish, 

You weren't arrested for catfishing. Your mother wasn't dragged into this mess as an innocent bystander.

You and your mother were arrested for fraud, and other such bullshittery. The rest of us with brains doubt you and your mom were asked about that at all. 

We aren't all as gullible as Meri.

Wow!  It'll be on the show and someone is writing bizarre, BS comments under the name MosesKnowses?  What a load of crap -- spiritually guiding and nurturing them as they were young? Rectifying history by rewriting history?  And this writer thinks someone exists will believe that that was written by someone other than a Brown? 

:fubar:

Wow!  It'll be on the show and someone is writing bizarre, BS comments under the name MosesKnowses?  What a load of crap -- spiritually guiding and nurturing them as they were young? Rectifying history by rewriting history?  And this writer thinks someone exists will believe that that was written by someone other than a Brown? 

:fubar:

Or even someone other than Robyn Brown?

The Mormon fath believes In pre-mortal existence. They believe that the children and parents were together in the spiritual world before they got human bodies. I think this is why they are trying to rewrite history. 

God, that's some bitch. Let's get Kody to divorce his longtime wife, then get him to adopt my children, and then rewrite history to eradicate their father, and have pictures of him as their original father,and let's (maybe) have fun screwing with Meri's head (and I do believe she and her cohorts knew what was going on). Screw 'children and parents were together in the spiritual world' - this is a nasty piece of work who has seen a way to clean up - at least in the short term, and especially if she can drive at least one or two of the sister wives out - no legal marriage, no financial support! I dislike this female intensely, in case you hadn't realised! She gives a lot of us a bad name.

The Mormon fath believes In pre-mortal existence. They believe that the children and parents were together in the spiritual world before they got human bodies. I think this is why they are trying to rewrite history. 

That just makes it even weirder that they sent the kids back off to bio-dad right after the adoption (or so it appears from the edited footage).  How much do those kids really know about the adoption procedure?  Is that what Dayton was struggling with?  Those kids seemed really happy to be off to Montana.  I think they're also fitting in with the Browns, but do they understand the implications of the adoption?  

Also curious about how God's perfect plan would also result in "destiny" making a mistake that they now must rectify.  

It must KILL Kdouche to know that Robyn wasn't just with another man repeatedly, but actually birthed someone else's babies.  His ego is far too fragile for such truths.  

ETA: I meant to hit an icon but accidentally made those hidden content tabs.  Oops!  Now I can't fix it & seem to be making the problem worse.  Apologies.  :pb_redface:  

That just makes it even weirder that they sent the kids back off to bio-dad right after the adoption (or so it appears from the edited footage).  How much do those kids really know about the adoption procedure?  Is that what Dayton was struggling with?  Those kids seemed really happy to be off to Montana.  I think they're also fitting in with the Browns, but do they understand the implications of the adoption?  

Also curious about how God's perfect plan would also result in "destiny" making a mistake that they now must rectify.  

It must KILL Kdouche to know that Robyn wasn't just with another man repeatedly, but actually birthed someone else's babies.  His ego is far too fragile for such truths.  

So Kody and Robyn were always spiritually destined and spiritually married, but they didn't mortally know each other.  So then one day the EVIL Mr. Jessop comes along and MARRIES ROBYN AND THEN TAKES HER VIRGINAL INNOCENCE BY HAVING CONSENSUAL SEX WITH HIS WIFE because Kody wasn't there to protect her! And this is a terrible mistake!  And so it was that Robyn bore 3 children who were physically fathered by Evil Mr. Jessop, but spiritually were Kody's children and Kody was ALWAYS spiritually their father, guiding them and such.  And so that's why it is OK to re-write the past because this was all just one cosmic mistake where a woman bore children willingly for her husband who wasn't really her spiritual husband, but the kids aren't REALLY the bio dad's they were ALWAYS Kody's.

YOU GUYS.  HOW MANY MORE SPIRITUAL WIVES AND KIDS DOES KODY HAVE OUT THERE THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW?!?  HOW MANY MORE WOMEN ARE HAVING SEX WITH THEIR HUSBANDS WHO THEY THINK ARE THEIR HUSBANDS BUT AREN'T THEIR REAL HUSBANDS BECAUSE KODY IS NOT THERE TO PROTECT THEIR VIRGINAL INNOCENCE?!?!?!?!

Whoa. I didn't expect them to address it at all, let alone so directly. I wonder how many reshoots they had to do to make that work. I mean, she was talking to the catfish as late as August, right? 

I too am totally shocked. Maybe they're thinking that they need to control the story rather than let it control them, and the sooner they talk the better. Then again, maybe its the network trying to snag some extra viewers to boost ratings. Maybe its both. Does anyone know how many episodes are left for the season? I can see the network trying to leave a cliffhanger for the next season. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived