IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

Can someone give me a quick summary of what the nacho incident is??

There was some kind of group trip that included Kody, Christine, and other people. They stopped by a convenience store and Christine got some nachos, and Kody has stated that seeing her eat those nachos really grossed him out because she was "chubby." A really fucking nasty thing to admit, even if he did think it. 

Here's a somewhat crappy quality clip from the tell-all where they discuss it. The look on Christine's face is telling. :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lk7g6-AQOs

Wow. Thank you so much for finding that. I have seen it discussed in length, but I hadn't actually seen it. HER FACE. :pb_sad:

Poor Christine. Talk to your mom, grrrl. She'll help you get OUT!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've always been fascinated by this family because they seem so dysfunctional. I so badly want to tell them about economies of scale (the one thing the Duggars do). 

I just watched the nachos clip and its so freaking sad. I like Christine, mostly, but how Kody got 4 women to marry him his a mystery to me. He's such an awful, full of himself guy. Given that Meri would rather see her sister Wives declare bankruptcy than help them/give up organic bananas, I don't have much respect for her. As someone else said, be an adult and leave if you want to, but don't have an affair.

Can someone give me a quick summary of what the nacho incident is??

There was some kind of group trip that included Kody, Christine, and other people. They stopped by a convenience store and Christine got some nachos, and Kody has stated that seeing her eat those nachos really grossed him out because she was "chubby." A really fucking nasty thing to admit, even if he did think it. 

Here's a somewhat crappy quality clip from the tell-all where they discuss it. The look on Christine's face is telling. :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lk7g6-AQOs

Wow. Thank you so much for finding that. I have seen it discussed in length, but I hadn't actually seen it. HER FACE. :pb_sad:

Poor Christine. Talk to your mom, grrrl. She'll help you get OUT!

No kidding. It's totally awful. Not only does he say it grossed him out but when asked if he was unattracted to her at that point he said, "That's an understatement." Holyyyyyy smokes- what a hurtful thing to say!!! Kody clearly cares nothing about these women's feelings. @amandaaries I think this is just another indicator of his deeply-rooted and all-encompassing misogyny. Being shallow isn't misogynistic in and of itself but the way he views Christine as unattractive but at the same time a good a wife because she had a lot of his kids is just... absolutely revolting. I didn't think that he was an egomaniac or Mr. Machismo when I first started watching the show but now its just obvious that he chose to convert to AUB because having so many wives would prove how macho and virile he is. Ughhhh. 

Also, if anyone is interested, here's a short video where Kody and Janelle explain how their marriage really was one of convenience rather than one based on love/romance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2ecjyVfrU

I guess "Sam" posted a bunch of voicemails and texts yesterday. The site's claiming that he posted like 160 voicemails, but I didn't look to see if there were actually that many, because I don't have any interest in hearing them. Catfish says there's 200 total. I wonder how many people are listening anymore?

I did notice that the texts are now shown in iPhone style instead of that nondescript, easily-photoshoppable text format from before. :lol:

I also looked at the notbatmanyet hashtag on twitter, and it was pretty interesting how people over there are responding. A couple of Sam Cooper & Jackie Overton parody accounts and lots of really brutal mocking of Jackie herself. 

Wow, so the adoption is final. It was on last nights show. I am really surprised they pulled this off. They had to manipulate quite a few people.

I do hope it was in the best interest of the kids. We only see what is shown on TV. I'm sure there is/was a lot more "behind the scenes".

Wow, so the adoption is final. It was on last nights show. I am really surprised they pulled this off. They had to manipulate quite a few people.

I do hope it was in the best interest of the kids. We only see what is shown on TV. I'm sure there is/was a lot more "behind the scenes".

I also hope it was best for the kids.  It's hard to watch this stuff; Dayton did seem upset, and I think it was more than just, "Oh, yeah, Asperger's...."  He's the oldest with the best grasp of the situation, with the most mixed feelings.  Not surprising for a teenager, but disturbing, especially how they brush off and overlook his feelings. He seemed to concerned about having to talk to the judge independently.  What kinds of questions was he worried about answering?

I wonder what their dad was really like.  Sobyn just isn't a reliable source for me here.  

I also hope it was best for the kids.  It's hard to watch this stuff; Dayton did seem upset, and I think it was more than just, "Oh, yeah, Asperger's...."  He's the oldest with the best grasp of the situation, with the most mixed feelings.  Not surprising for a teenager, but disturbing, especially how they brush off and overlook his feelings. He seemed to concerned about having to talk to the judge independently.  What kinds of questions was he worried about answering?

I wonder what their dad was really like.  Sobyn just isn't a reliable source for me here.  

Yeah, I wonder what David Preston thinks of all this. I read somewhere that he left the AUB, and is living sort of off the grid in Montana. And one source I read said that he had turned down interviews. Seems like he just doesn't want to be involved in the whole circus.

<snip, sorta, still messing up quotes here>

Yeah, I wonder what David Preston thinks of all this. I read somewhere that he left the AUB, and is living sort of off the grid in Montana. And one source I read said that he had turned down interviews. Seems like he just doesn't want to be involved in the whole circus.

I've heard similar rumors about him, that he's hiding out in MT, maybe or maybe not near polygamist compounds.  Given how traditionally private most Mormon polygamists are, I am not at all surprised.  But I am surprised he surrendered custody.  The family unit is so important.  He's supposed to be ruling over them in the afterlife, for eternity and all time.  What made him back off?  Kody's grandiose statements about "going to war for these kids" do not sound especially persuasive.  Did Robyn have some information to hold over him? Did he decide to leave the church (apostate-status would be horrific, though)?  Did they pay him off with TV money?  Was he actually the deadbeat dad who wouldn't see the kids or help provide for them, as Robyn stated? I find it very confusing. 

What I find fascinating about the Browns is how they think each wife getting an equal amount of money, time with Kody, etc. is fairness. It just doesn't work out at all.  I do wonder if Meri is staying at this point for financial reasons.  She really doesn't work a full time job and has a daughter at a pretty expensive college.  It will be very interesting to see where the Browns are in 10 years. 

What I find odd is wasn't it just last season that they were packing up Robyn's kids and driving them to spend time with their Dad? What happened between then and now? I mean I get that it makes a good plotline but I hope that wasn't all it was. 

How frustrating it must have been for Janelle for Meri and her one daughter to get an equal part of the pie, for which (pretty much only) Janelle worked.

I feel sorry for Meri. Yes, she should just leave, not have an affair or whatnot. I get that.

However, this whole family reeked to me from day one, no one really seems steeped in the koolaid except Kody, and only because that means he gets to have multiple women and move on to a newer, hotter, younger model whenever he tires of the last one.

I think their motives are purely financial for staying together especially at this point. When the kids were young, I'm sure that the kids were part of why they all stayed.

I would honestly have more respect for all of them if I felt they actually believed in this.  

I guess "Sam" posted a bunch of voicemails and texts yesterday. The site's claiming that he posted like 160 voicemails, but I didn't look to see if there were actually that many, because I don't have any interest in hearing them. Catfish says there's 200 total. I wonder how many people are listening anymore?

I did notice that the texts are now shown in iPhone style instead of that nondescript, easily-photoshoppable text format from before. :lol:

I also looked at the notbatmanyet hashtag on twitter, and it was pretty interesting how people over there are responding. A couple of Sam Cooper & Jackie Overton parody accounts and lots of really brutal mocking of Jackie herself. 

I'm embarrassed to say I'm finding the whole catfish drama fascinating, and especially more interesting than the Sister Wives TV fakery.  One thing that I found really interesting is that the catfish said Meri kicked Kody out sometime in May.  Later on, this is alluded to in text messages between Meri and the catfish, so I think it is true.  This would have taken place before the bulk of the filming, which means TLC/Browns are outright lying to the fans (big shocker, huh?).  

The voicemails are getting really boring (lots of I love you Sam, don't be mad at me Sam, call me Sam, blah blah blah) but the texts and the catfish's remarks in the comment section are sort of interesting.  Seems Kody and Meri were not on very good speaking terms during much of the filming and the camera crew caught some fights but won't air them.  TLC is proving again and again what a fraud their 'reality' shows are.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm finding the whole catfish drama fascinating, and especially more interesting than the Sister Wives TV fakery.  One thing that I found really interesting is that the catfish said Meri kicked Kody out sometime in May.  Later on, this is alluded to in text messages between Meri and the catfish, so I think it is true.  This would have taken place before the bulk of the filming, which means TLC/Browns are outright lying to the fans (big shocker, huh?).  

The voicemails are getting really boring (lots of I love you Sam, don't be mad at me Sam, call me Sam, blah blah blah) but the texts and the catfish's remarks in the comment section are sort of interesting.  Seems Kody and Meri were not on very good speaking terms during much of the filming and the camera crew caught some fights but won't air them.  TLC is proving again and again what a fraud their 'reality' shows are.

They aren't truly reality shows as much as they're what TLC wants to show us! I hope that Meri has kicked that ass Kody out because it would serve him right! 

Love the gossip (despite the catfish-y source) and suspect some truth in there.  Meri and Kody seem stressed this season when they do talk to each other, which seems to be rare.  Meri herself appears sick (lost what, 30 pounds in 6 weeks? That's disconcerting) and tired of the whole circus.  I think Robyn's kids provided a good cover and excuse for the divorce, and I think Meri was the instigator for that, even if she wasn't fully admitting how badly she wanted out of the whole situation.

I wish I knew what was up.  All About The Tea was covering the catfish in great detail.  Now that the Catfish is starting to share some juicy details about the show (e.g., Kody moving out, Kody treating Meri badly, Kody and Meri's marriage being basically over for years, the feud between Kody and Janelle, etc.) All About The Tea is silent on the subject.  Any theories on their silence?

Either a cease and desist or they found proof that the whole thing is bullshit. Honestly, I suspect the latter. It's not that I think the Browns are saints or anything. I'm just not buying all of this easily faked nonsense. I may be wrong, but I'm more than suspicious of this Jackie and the amount of time she has on her hands combined with a huge need for attention. 

I find it really telling that Truely said, "Moms and dads don't play. They WORK."

Watched this earlier today. That was sad.  Christine even made a comment making it seem like she never plays with the kids.

Either a cease and desist or they found proof that the whole thing is bullshit. Honestly, I suspect the latter. It's not that I think the Browns are saints or anything. I'm just not buying all of this easily faked nonsense. I may be wrong, but I'm more than suspicious of this Jackie and the amount of time she has on her hands combined with a huge need for attention. 

I don't think it's faked.  I mean, the texts could be, I suppose, but those voice mails are legit.  And the catfish is saying things about filming (before they air) that turn out to be legit, so I think she was definitely given some insider knowledge from Meri.  

I watched the adoption episode today.  Meri is obviously very distracted this season, she's constantly tied to her phone and computer.  I also think she (TLC?) might be setting the stage for explaining the affair.  She talked SO much this episode about the divorce bringing up conflicting feelings and how she was having trouble with it.  That was all covered during the divorce episode, theres no need to rehash it.  I wonder if TLC is going to try to spin this as an emotional thing caused by the divorce.  

I'm annoyed that this whole season is all about Robyn.  I'd seriously take a "kids go to the dentist" episode (ala the Duggars) over hearing AGAIN about the adoption.  Seriously though, Meri is apparently in school, there's a story line.  I could watch Janelle sell a house.  I'd love an update on the college kids (though I respect it if they want to have their privacy).  What about the current high schoolers, what are they pursuing?  I'd even like to see their day-to-day lives, but I imagine that it's not exactly the picture of polygamous unity with Robyn's sister and Christine's mom helping with the kids the way you'd expect sister wives to be helping each other.

I watched the adoption episode today.  Meri is obviously very distracted this season, she's constantly tied to her phone and computer.  I also think she (TLC?) might be setting the stage for explaining the affair.  She talked SO much this episode about the divorce bringing up conflicting feelings and how she was having trouble with it.  That was all covered during the divorce episode, theres no need to rehash it.  I wonder if TLC is going to try to spin this as an emotional thing caused by the divorce.  

I'm annoyed that this whole season is all about Robyn.  I'd seriously take a "kids go to the dentist" episode (ala the Duggars) over hearing AGAIN about the adoption.  Seriously though, Meri is apparently in school, there's a story line.  I could watch Janelle sell a house.  I'd love an update on the college kids (though I respect it if they want to have their privacy).  What about the current high schoolers, what are they pursuing?  I'd even like to see their day-to-day lives, but I imagine that it's not exactly the picture of polygamous unity with Robyn's sister and Christine's mom helping with the kids the way you'd expect sister wives to be helping each other.

I knew Christine's mom had moved in, but what's going on with Robyn's sister? I remember one (or maybe two different ones) staying with them and helping out a few years ago, but don't recall having seen anything about her sisters since. Sorry if this was covered in the last episode -- haven't watched yet.

I knew Christine's mom had moved in, but what's going on with Robyn's sister? I remember one (or maybe two different ones) staying with them and helping out a few years ago, but don't recall having seen anything about her sisters since. Sorry if this was covered in the last episode -- haven't watched yet.

Oh it wasn't covered in a recent episode.  I think last season Robyn mentioned having to get outside help caring for her children and that it was something she hadn't expected to do because that was something her sister wives should be helping with.  Someone here said that Robyn's sister had been staying with her to help with the kids. During a few of the episodes this season there was another woman in Robyn's house, I assumed it was her sister.  

I guess the downside to being the new shiny wive is that the other wives are done with the baby phase and no longer in the rigid roles of Christine=SAHM, Janelle=Working Mom, Meri=???

Oh it wasn't covered in a recent episode.  I think last season Robyn mentioned having to get outside help caring for her children and that it was something she hadn't expected to do because that was something her sister wives should be helping with.  Someone here said that Robyn's sister had been staying with her to help with the kids. During a few of the episodes this season there was another woman in Robyn's house, I assumed it was her sister.  

I guess the downside to being the new shiny wive is that the other wives are done with the baby phase and no longer in the rigid roles of Christine=SAHM, Janelle=Working Mom, Meri=???

Earlier today, I was just thinking about Meri's "role" before Robyn came along. I think one of the major points of contention between Meri and Janelle is that Meri always did whatever the hell she wanted while Janelle worked and Christine tended to the kids. In their book, Meri and Janelle mention that especially early in the marriage, Kody's work involved a lot of business travel and Meri would often accompany him, leaving Janelle (and later Christine) to deal with the daily drudgery. Meri has been privileged with doing whatever she pleases whenever she pleases, whether that means working or going to school or going off on vacation somewhere. She was definitely the "love" wife, while Janelle worked away from home and Christine was motherly and tended to the home. Robyn threw a wrench in that by usurping Meri as the love/romance wife. That, along with the move to Vegas, really screwed around with the family dynamic and (in my opinion) caused Meri to look for affection elsewhere. 

Meri did have a job pre-show. I remember in one of the earlier show she was upset because she was fired after "coming out". She said she loved that job. If I remember correctly, it was working with at risk kids.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived