IGNORED

Jana's future

MoonFace

That's Southern grandmas for you. The true leaders of their families. Thank God for those of us who had good loving ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/26/2016 at 8:24 PM, clueliss said:

I no longer consider the gossip site that BI came from to be accurate.  In fact at the bottom of the pages are a disclaimer saying more or less that they might make things up.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/05/blind-items-revealed-4-479.html

About 2 weeks belatedly, but the alleged author of the CDAN blog who posts as 'Enty' claims to be an entertainment lawyer in Hollywood. That's how he claims he sources all this gossip. However, the New York Post outed him as a probate lawyer working for a firm that doesn't have an entertainment division or any ties to the movie business. Nothing you read on CDAN is original, it's either gleaned from better sourced entertainment gossips or made up wholecloth but based on internet speculation.

http://nypost.com/2012/04/01/how-crazy-days-and-nights-fooled-hollywood/

My hope for Jana is her and Jinger going to college together, Jana studying fashion design and Jinger studying photography. (Possible spin-off! Are you reading , TLC?)

Jana has to be a bridesmaid again. Hopefully she wont be sewing dresses. In the girls room it will soon be her, then Joy who is 8 years younger than her!!! and all the lost girls.

I don't feel sorry for Jana anymore.  I use too.  I have empathy for her, heck, I use to even respect her.  

Now I just think she is foolish to stay in that household doing the same things she has been doing since she was a little girl. 

52 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I don't feel sorry for Jana anymore.  I use too.  I have empathy for her, heck, I use to even respect her.  

Now I just think she is foolish to stay in that household doing the same things she has been doing since she was a little girl. 

Agree to a point but there's still the possibility of all she is being presented or surrounded by are guys in the same vein as Ben/Derick/Jeremy, I'd stay where I was at. It's likely an easier option now, as most of the kids are old enough to start doing things around the house. She probably has a bit more free time, and should take advantage of it. Even visits to Jessa's get her out of the house and she likely has a bit more leeway with her free time.

I don't think it's in her frame of mind to jus t leave. She's too enmeshed with her family, so really only two options: marry a dud or stay where she is.

I betcha Jana WILL marry the first guy who comes along, even if he doesn't meet all her standards. Why? Because at this point, 2 sisters have gotten married and had babies. Another sister may be on her way to the same future. Jana may be feeling a little lonely or envious, and people will continue to hound her about courting after Jinger gets married. Besides Joy, she's the only Duggar girl left of courting age. 

1 hour ago, doubleT said:

Agree in that she's an adult, has been for a long time, and could leave. I don't feel bad for her because I don't have enough info to know what she even wants for her life. Every time one of her sisters hooks up people go nuts with "ohhh I feel bad for poor Jana being left behind" but I get stuck on maybe she doesn't want to court, doesn't want to marry, doesn't want the possibility of 18 kids. Maybe she's waiting to marry until she's in her 30s so she doesn't have a huge family she doesn't want.

I have a feeling Jana is holding for an older guy. Surely some farmer has heard she was looking for a "hands on" guy & contacted JB by now. I'm sure she's had offers. And I imagine as the oldest, she's playing her cards right and is planning on maybe 2 little blessings.

Why is it none of these girls has the brass pair to just say to JB/M "Sorry, I'm family planning." What are they going to do about it. And if they just don't turn up preggers, would JB/M have the nerve to ask them about it?

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I have a feeling Jana is holding for an older guy. Surely some farmer has heard she was looking for a "hands on" guy & contacted JB by now. I'm sure she's had offers. And I imagine as the oldest, she's playing her cards right and is planning on maybe 2 little blessings.

Why is it none of these girls has the brass pair to just say to JB/M "Sorry, I'm family planning." What are they going to do about it. And if they just don't turn up preggers, would JB/M have the nerve to ask them about it?

Of course they would, as would all of the siblings. The girls used to know Michelle's cycle and when she would take a pregnancy test. They're all up in each others' business!

I'm sure there are guys contacting Jimbob constantly about "getting to know" Jana. It seems like she is really picky, which is kind of dumb on her part because most likely the only guys interested in courting a Duggar girl are godly grifters. Or she might have zero interest in courting. It's also highly likely she will be a SAHD until  the youngests Duggars are older. It would be sad if her singleness is due to her parents because Jana is a human (not a fundie robot) who probably wants the affection and physical contact a S/O gives you. 

If I were Jana I wouldn't want marriage either. Marriage means babies. She might not want babies after raising kids all her life. Too bad she can't just get married use birth control and enjoy life.

Where did the whole "farmer for Jana" come from anyways? Did Jana ever mention she wanted a farmer type during the show? I know she said she prefers a hardworking sweaty and dirty kind of guy but did she actually say she wanted a farmer? A hardworking person can of course mean different things and occupations. 

51 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Where did the whole "farmer for Jana" come from anyways? Did Jana ever mention she wanted a farmer type during the show? I know she said she prefers a hardworking sweaty and dirty kind of guy but did she actually say she wanted a farmer? A hardworking person can of course mean different things and occupations. 

She said she didn't want an office guy, plus she has some knowledge with tools and cows (JD said she helped a pregnant cow or some other animal?), so people assumed a man involved with farming or something outdoorsy.

Hey Jana, word on the street is there's a guy called Noah who helps lots of animals!

13 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I'm sure there are guys contagriefJimbob constantly about "getting to know" Ja na. It seems like she is really picky, which is kind of dumb on her part because most likely the only guys interested in courting a Duggar girl are godly grifters. Or she might have zero interest in courting. It's also highly likely she will be a SAHD until  the youngests Duggars are older. It would be sad if her singleness is due to her parents because Jana is a human (not a fundie robot) who probably wants the affection and physical contact a S/O gives you. 

I don't see how she takes the pressure to wed.  My family doesn't give me gruef for being single.  I wonder if John David feels the same? Wanting affection and physical contact?  I know I want that 

18 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I don't see how she takes the pressure to wed.  My family doesn't give me gruef for being single.  I wonder if John David feels the same? Wanting affection and physical contact?  I know I want that 

I wouldn't be surprised if JD got the same pressure as Jana. If I remember right, JD courting was brought up a good amount on Counting On. I think Jessa offered to set him up and he declined.

I hope they begin to court when they are truly ready to. And if they never feel ready then I don't think anyone - including people here - should feel badly for them. Some people just aren't interested in romantic relationships. It sucks that it's the only real way out for them at the moment, but with time they may come to realize it's not the only actual option available.

Would a hard-working, dirt-under-his-fingernails-and-wants-to-stay-that-way type of man even be interested in the Duggar machine? Just thinking about the logistics considering what Jana says she wants. She want's a non-office worker so she could work with him instead of staying home bored all day (oh, so much to unpack in that sentence alone)--that along with her family's beliefs in general means he has to be self-employed, because she couldn't tag along/be part of the business if he were working for someone else. So a (likely older) self-employed non-office works-with-his-hands fundie (or fundie wannabe) would have to either blindly approach JB for an intro or somehow find the time and opportunity to meet Jana via friends and get to know her enough to be interested enough to approach JB. So a grown man who's too busy--and not interested enough--to develop his "heart for ministry" would have to be willing to run the TLC/Duggar gauntlet for someone he barely knows, and while that latter part is true of all the manboys the girls will marry, I think it would be a lot less likely for the type of man Jana wants unless it's someone who is even more obvious than the average fundie for his desire for an interchangeable pretty face, warm body, and meek personality.

Which one of the Bates boys plans to stick with Gil's tree-cutting business? Because he might be her only option.

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

Would a hard-working, dirt-under-his-fingernails-and-wants-to-stay-that-way type of man even be interested in the Duggar machine? Just thinking about the logistics considering what Jana says she wants. She want's a non-office worker so she could work with him instead of staying home bored all day (oh, so much to unpack in that sentence alone)--that along with her family's beliefs in general means he has to be self-employed, because she couldn't tag along/be part of the business if he were working for someone else. So a (likely older) self-employed non-office works-with-his-hands fundie (or fundie wannabe) would have to either blindly approach JB for an intro or somehow find the time and opportunity to meet Jana via friends and get to know her enough to be interested enough to approach JB. So a grown man who's too busy--and not interested enough--to develop his "heart for ministry" would have to be willing to run the TLC/Duggar gauntlet for someone he barely knows, and while that latter part is true of all the manboys the girls will marry, I think it would be a lot less likely for the type of man Jana wants unless it's someone who is even more obvious than the average fundie for his desire for an interchangeable pretty face, warm body, and meek personality.

Which one of the Bates boys plans to stick with Gil's tree-cutting business? Because he might be her only option.

That's Nathan but he's with Ashley.  Although they're having issues.  Trace does Lawson's mowing business I think

I am still hoping for Jana and that boy name skylar was it? I think she's pulling a Michael bates and has her sight on someone and is waiting. 

56 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

That's Nathan but he's with Ashley.  Although they're having issues.  Trace does Lawson's mowing business I think

Having issues? Really?? I don't follow the Bates as much, what have you heard?

I do think JD and Jana will wait to court until they BOTH find someone at the same time.  Not sure why, but I just have this feeling that they are in this thing together and they will get out of it together. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived