IGNORED

Jana's future

MoonFace

If Jana had got married at 18, she could have six blessings or more by now. Oh wait...

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do think JD and Jana will wait to court until they BOTH find someone at the same time.  Not sure why, but I just have this feeling that they are in this thing together and they will get out of it together. 

Maybe they'll make a run for it together???? That would be too awesome! I mean JD seems to have a lot of freedom. Sometimes I wonder if he has metal checked out of the whole circus and is just waiting for a good moment to jump ship. I hope if this moment ever comes he remembers to rescue his twin.

14 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Maybe they'll make a run for it together???? That would be too awesome! I mean JD seems to have a lot of freedom. Sometimes I wonder if he has metal checked out of the whole circus and is just waiting for a good moment to jump ship. I hope if this moment ever comes he remembers to rescue his twin.

I think he's out, he's not going to be a Quiverfull family man I think he will go fundi lite/conservative quasi religious. He strikes me as the type of person that had religion shoved down his throat his whole life and resents it to a point. He's seen the bad side of it and wants nothing to do with it, I also think Jana is somewhat the same. These two are essentially the oldest kids, they are the siblings all the others look up to and they feel very responsible for all of them, since no one else is.  I think as Josie gets older they will be more and more away from the family, but i think they are making sure those kids have some stability.  I also think Jana has a lot more freedom than we think she does,  JD doesn't live at home, she does, but I'm not 100% convinced she is still in the girls dorm, I thinks she over took Grandma Mary's room.  She  runs that hose and JB know this, he also knows he needs them to at least play the part of dutiful son/daughter so he gives them what they want to keep them at home.  Because there is no way that at least ONE of these kids wouldn't have made a run for it by know if they weren't given some concessions. 

I'm 99% sure JD still lives at home. I would be shocked if he moves out before he's married. Hasn't he said he's renting out his home?

I'm not suprised that Jana is still single.  I've always thought Jill, Jessa and Jinger would get married first. . I didn't think she would be single at 26. I think Jana has had pre courtships. A couple of years ago the Duggars made a fan tumblr take down a photo of Jana and a mystery man. Who knows why she's still single :shrug: 

Also, as I've said a million times, so many fundies get married at 25+, including Jana's best friends. 

ETA:I'm not optimistic about JD. He isn't the first fundie male to have more freedom than his siblings.

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Having issues? Really?? I don't follow the Bates as much, what have you heard?

They were having personality clashes essentially.  They do seem to still like/love each other a lot.  They're still together to my knowledge though

Regarding John David, he still lives at home.  Before Counting On started they all did an interview and he said he did unless that's changed

44 minutes ago, Kira said:

I'm not suprised that Jana is still single.  I've always thought Jill, Jessa and Jinger would get married first. . I didn't think she would be single at 26. I think Jana has had pre courtships. A couple of years ago the Duggars made a fan tumblr take down a photo of Jana and a mystery man. Who knows why she's still single :shrug: 

I do recall that conversation about that photo being taken down and I freaking wish someone took a snap of that picture! Do you know when that picture first surfaced? She probably has met people who have asked JB as you say. But it's been said that she has never been in a relationship/courtship right? I read that somewhere that she has never made it to the courtship stage. 

As I've been reading this thread and the others, I've had a couple of thoughts. All three of the Duggar male suitors/husbands have been into pastoring/missions. Would he approve a courtship between one of his daughters and someone who was in another line of work, especially if the daughter were quieter?

Also, when thinking about Jana's hard-working man line that we've discussed at great length here, I wonder if that's also her way of saying she doesn't want to be the wife of a minister or missionary. Both professions tend to be really hard on spouses, especially if the spouse is more of an introvert. 

Yes, I know the sons in law are neither real pastors nor real missionaries. To a lesser extent, I'd include Jeremy in this mix. Although he does have a church, he hasn't  been to seminary, so I feel he preaches his own biases instead  of real theology. Then, I'm a mainstream snob who appreciates an educated clergy.

I don't want Jana to get married if she doesn't want to, but I can't help but think she's going to get very lonely with the sisters closest in age to her all gone. She's about 8 years older than Joy, which is a lot in and of itself; and she's 16 years older than Johannah. Jana is going to have no female peers at home; and we know she wouldn't be allowed to be close her brothers, not in a really meaningful way. 

I think that bothers me more than anything - she's going to be alone in that home, basically running it on her own. Perhaps she could leave, but I imagine she stays because she feels responsible for siblings.

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do think JD and Jana will wait to court until they BOTH find someone at the same time.  Not sure why, but I just have this feeling that they are in this thing together and they will get out of it together. 

Really, it sounds like Jana wants a man like JD.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I don't want Jana to get married if she doesn't want to, but I can't help but think she's going to get very lonely with the sisters closest in age to her all gone. She's about 8 years older than Joy, which is a lot in and of itself; and she's 16 years older than Johannah. Jana is going to have no female peers at home; and we know she wouldn't be allowed to be close her brothers, not in a really meaningful way. 

I think that bothers me more than anything - she's going to be alone in that home, basically running it on her own. Perhaps she could leave, but I imagine she stays because she feels responsible for siblings.

And she will  then lack any accountability buddy potentials, so, how will she be able to go to any age appropriate venue? As her similar aged sibs move on and out, Jana is becoming more and more isolated. In no time, she'll be fulfilling all Michelle's roles except the hey, hey, hey with JB-

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Really, it sounds like Jana wants a man like JD.

And she will  then lack any accountability buddy potentials, so, how will she be able to go to any age appropriate venue? As her similar aged sibs move on and out, Jana is becoming more and more isolated. In no time, she'll be fulfilling all Michelle's roles except the hey, hey, hey with JB-

Exactly. The more isolated she is, the less of a chance she has. :( 

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

As I've been reading this thread and the others, I've had a couple of thoughts. All three of the Duggar male suitors/husbands have been into pastoring/missions. Would he approve a courtship between one of his daughters and someone who was in another line of work, especially if the daughter were quieter?

<snip>

I can't imagine JB running off a guy who was involved in politics/planning a run in the near future. There's too much power and influence to not prefer a politician for Jana. Yes there is some things Jana would have to do in the public eye, but not all the time. There's a perfect stand-by line of, sorry she's not here, she's home taking care of the kids

This is so incredibly sad. She always striked me as a sweetheart. She is only 2 years younger than my roommate and I are. We'd love to give her our visitormatress to crash.

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I do recall that conversation about that photo being taken down and I freaking wish someone took a snap of that picture! Do you know when that picture first surfaced? She probably has met people who have asked JB as you say. But it's been said that she has never been in a relationship/courtship right? I read that somewhere that she has never made it to the courtship stage. 

I think it was the Spring of 2014. It's weird that the photo wasn't everywhere the moment the tumblr posted it.

I think JD has a bigger problem than we realize. After Joshley Gate, JD became the oldest boy in the family. He's the one everyone looks up to now. Especially in that family dynamic. He's the one with all the weight on his shoulders. Jana might run the whole family, but they all look to JD as an example now that Josh is in the shit house. That's a lot to ask for a guy that seems to just want to be left alone, work quietly and just live peacefully. Also, what kind of girl would be ok with courting the guy that's closest to his sinner brother. It's really a lot to handle.

46 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think JD has a bigger problem than we realize. After Joshley Gate, JD became the oldest boy in the family. He's the one everyone looks up to now. Especially in that family dynamic. He's the one with all the weight on his shoulders. Jana might run the whole family, but they all look to JD as an example now that Josh is in the shit house. That's a lot to ask for a guy that seems to just want to be left alone, work quietly and just live peacefully. Also, what kind of girl would be ok with courting the guy that's closest to his sinner brother. It's really a lot to handle.

In theory, wouldn't everyone {Duggar kids} be looking up to Jim Bob? At least JD gets to leave the house, fly the plane, do odd jobs. He has much more potential to meet someone, IF he so desires- I'm not sure that de wants all that BS.

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Her only saving grace as far as "peers" go might be John David, since they're twins and share a biological closeness.

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In theory, wouldn't everyone {Duggar kids} be looking up to Jim Bob? At least JD gets to leave the house, fly the plane, do odd jobs. He has much more potential to meet someone, IF he so desires- I'm not sure that de wants all that BS.

Didn't John mention in Counting On that he was the one that his siblings all had to look up to now? But you're absolutely right. Why wouldn't they just look to Jim Bob instead?

My oldest child is 6 months younger than Jana and JD.  She will be 26 next month and I just can't imagine her getting married!  She moved halfway (almost) across the country to Houston, TX over 3 years ago; but she still behaves like a 12 year old despite living on her own.  I do think Jana seems much more mature, by comparison, despite her upbringing.  

On August 6, 2015 at 5:35 PM, justoneoftwo said:

I held out till 26. Not asexual, not fundi, not from a purity culture, it was just the right decision for me. My family wouldn't believe me (tried to push me into being on BC, just in case) and same with by doctors. If its something YOU want its not hard, its only a problem when its something pushed on you by others.

That sounds a lot like me.  Held out until my twenties mostly because I was afraid of having sex with the "wrong" guy and "waste" my first time.  I was afraid if the time and person weren't perfect, i wouldn't be able to handle it emotionally.  Maybe I was wrong and didn't give myself enough credit for resilience, but then again, when I finally had sex I had a great partner and no regrets, so all's well that ends well.

2 hours ago, Kira said:

I think it was the Spring of 2014. It's weird that the photo wasn't everywhere the moment the tumblr posted it.

I see. I wonder if there's anywhere on here where it was discussed in depth during the time the photo came up. 

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Isn't Tabitha Paine still around as a tutor?  I bet she and Jana are company for each other if she is.

2 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Isn't Tabitha Paine still around as a tutor?  I bet she and Jana are company for each other if she is.

I hope so. Though, it's also odd for Tabitha to be her age and tutoring for the Duggars. 

Jana also has her close friend Laura, who isn't married and works for ATI. If she doesn't start courting right away, maybe she'll get to travel w/o an accountability buddy *gasp* and work in HQs or just go visit her friends more. 

(I know there's a greater chance of pigs flying than Jana getting to travel by herself but we can dream...)

I wonder if they have given her some freedoms over the last year or so. I'd like to think she's not in the girls room anymore but that is probably wishful thinking. It's more likely that she is still sharing a bed with Josie which is just past ridiculous.

Maybe JD & Jana will marry brother/sister fundies and just confuse us all around trying to keep track of who's who & what's what!

3 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Didn't John mention in Counting On that he was the one that his siblings all had to look up to now? But you're absolutely right. Why wouldn't they just look to Jim Bob instead?

If JB was one of our fathers, I think it's safe to say we wouldn't look up to him.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived