IGNORED

Fundie responses to the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage

lilwriter85

My Facebook is depressing. I grew up Fundie ( actually called "campy's" locally, Fundie was a new term for me). I'm FB friends with a lot of the people I grew up with, even though I think they're insane. Well this was posted and shared from Allen Wests site.

allenbwest.com/2015/06/that-was-fast-yesterday-it-was-gay-marriage-now-look-who-wants-equal-rights/

Did I break the link right??

Anyway, the same article was posted about 2 years ago so it's not even original BS.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Facebook is depressing. I grew up Fundie ( actually called "campy's" locally, Fundie was a new term for me). I'm FB friends with a lot of the people I grew up with, even though I think they're insane. Well this was posted and shared from Allen Wests site.

allenbwest.com/2015/06/that-was-fast-yesterday-it-was-gay-marriage-now-look-who-wants-equal-rights/

Anyway, the same article was posted about 2 years ago so it's not even original BS.

Welcome! Yup, the link is broken.

Could you explain why you call them campys?☺

Welcome to FJ. :dance: Oh boy, I wish I could lend you my Facebook friends. This is me when I checked my newsfeed yesterday: http://i.imgur.com/wH9nngD.jpg (not breaking it because it's Imgur).

I guess it's the other extreme around. I have very little diversity in terms of the people I grew up with. Most are in support of gay marriage. The very few religious friends I have on facebook have been gracious enough to not say anything on the matter.

wH9nngD.jpg

Not meaning to steal vivi, but this one also showed up on my fb feed yesterday like four times and made me literally lol every time.

As of 6/26 no STATE can deny a marriage license or refuse to marry a same sex couple. Equal Protection Clause and the 14th amendment. Go Justice Roberts go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should tell the Texas AG that (http://abc13.com/news/paxton-state-work ... les/813013). And Rubio. And Cruz. And Huckabee. And Santorum. Ad infinitum.

And Justice Roberts? You sure about that? (unless it was sarcasm, in which case, oops)

I'm figuring the Pisser (and other wingnut fundies) can always conveniently blame those darn pesky Jews for this. Yes, indeed. Justices Kagan, Breyer and Ginsburg have launched a full-scale attack on good Christians everywhere. Don't say he didn't warn you!

Hey, look! It's the ebil Jews fault that gay marriage is now legalized!

http://www.jpost.com/International/Luth ... age-407353

You are welcome, guys. Nice to be blamed for something good for a change.

Also this bag of dicks I know pointed out that 3/5 of the majority is Jewish, so Jews are to blame. Which is probably the nicest thing he's ever said about us.

Hey, look! It's the ebil Jews fault that gay marriage is now legalized!

http://www.jpost.com/International/Luth ... age-407353

You are welcome, guys. Nice to be blamed for something good for a change.

Also this bag of dicks I know pointed out that 3/5 of the majority is Jewish, so Jews are to blame. Which is probably the nicest thing he's ever said about us.

Ah, I heard the same story except it was women being allowed to be over men and be on the supreme court that led to this

Welcome to FJ. :dance: Oh boy, I wish I could lend you my Facebook friends. This is me when I checked my newsfeed yesterday: http://i.imgur.com/wH9nngD.jpg (not breaking it because it's Imgur).

I guess it's the other extreme around. I have very little diversity in terms of the people I grew up with. Most are in support of gay marriage. The very few religious friends I have on facebook have been gracious enough to not say anything on the matter.

Yep, same here on the Facebook. An explosion of supportive comments and rainbow profile pictures galore. I love it! Perhaps it's because we're Canadian and SSM has been legal here for a decade or longer, depending on what province you live in. Even the older people (generally a more conservative leaning demographic, obviously that isn't true on an individual basis) is celebrating. I have ONE friend, who is extremely Catholic (like, her sister is in the nunnery or whatever the heck it's called when someone chooses to be married to Jebus), who has liked a few homophobic things from Catholic pages but hasn't posted anything hateful herself. She's in her mid-20s now, so she was in her early teens when SSM became legal here in BC, but I guess by that point she was too brainwashed by her religion, but it's her right to remain ignorant. What's that saying about social progression? If you're standing still you're already moving backwards or something like that?

On July 20th of this year Canada as a whole will be celebrating a decade of legally recognized same-sex marriage :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-gay: . The Fun-dies' god has yet to smote our country into oblivion. Either he forgets we exist or is totes cool with SSM (or, you know, doesn't exist :fsm: ).

Yesterday and today more and more ministers are saying they will never again perform a wedding of any kind or allow their church to be used for weddings, so that they can't be forced to perform a gay wedding --or rather sued for refusing to perform a gay wedding. :roll:

Some are calling for Christians to no longer get marriage licenses to which I say I hope that if they do, they make sure not to tell insurance or SSI that they are legally married.

I wonder what the outcome would be for life long SAHWs to discover that they don't qualify for widows benefits for SSI or Pensions since they were never legally married?

When my husband switched jobs a few years ago, his new employer required us to produce our marriage certificate in order to put me on his health insurance plan.

The essential oil shillers are gonna hop on the "no marriage license" bandwagon in hopes of drumming up new business. I can see them all salivating over finding a way to sell some oil blend that supposedly stops heart attacks or cures glaucoma. :angry-banghead:

Welcome! Yup, the link is broken.

Could you explain why you call them campys?☺

They have about a 10 block area of land that is designated as campus. If you lived here, you were a campy. They also have a Christian school and college.

This is the best response I've seen on facebook

facebook.com/richiebranson/posts/970423566322606

Richie Branson is beyond awesome. I took a few minutes to read comments on his facebook page and then looked him up on wikipedia. First, He's from San Antonio (take that, James Leininger!), and he's a nerdcore hip-hop artist. I have no idea what that is, but I'm a gonna be working on that today.

His post has over 141,000 likes, so it is getting around.

On a positive note, it looks like an August wedding for my SIL and her future wife. They are planning a simple wedding at my church (liberal LGBT open minded congregation). I'm so happy for them!

Nice long article in the New York Times this morning:

nytimes.com/2015/06/29/us/with-same-sex-decision-evangelical-churches-address-new-reality.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

The Pisser made The Raw Story again, saying that stoning would solve the gay issue. There was also something about Pat Robertson saying that gays would force Christians to accept anal sex. My favorite comment on that was someone saying that he was taught to respect his elders, but since his parents are both dead, he could finally say that Pat was full of shit.

The few Facebook friends I have who belong to churches opposed to gay marriage have managed to stay silent on the issue. The majority of my Facebook friends have accepted LGBT rights, including marriage. Today, a Facebook friend had pictures of his daughter, my niece's cousin, dressed in a rainbow dress and the caption was "We teach love and tolerance in this house." This was the BIL of my brother and SIL who posted that picture.

Kelly Crawford argues about gay marriage with an erotic author in the "spanking genre" who likes men who "know how to keep their women in line when the need arises."

generationcedar.com/main/2015/06/how-to-live-and-parent-in-a-society-that-rejects-truth.html

kellydawsonauthor.blogspot.com/

Um… Team No One?

Kelly Crawford argues about gay marriage with an erotic author in the "spanking genre" who likes men who "know how to keep their women in line when the need arises."

generationcedar.com/main/2015/06/how-to-live-and-parent-in-a-society-that-rejects-truth.html

Um… Team No One?

:? I was umm, kind of surprised she linked it. Imagine the surprise her readers will have when they click on it :lol:

Um… Team No One?

Oh, DomWack, I didn't read carefully and thought the kellydawsonauthor link was to the fundie blog. WHOA, was I in for a surprise. True, kellydawson is ALL about submission (and dominance), so there's that. I got spanked (metaphorically, that is)! :o

Doug Wilson: “‘Ten million see a particular sitcom, and they are all cool-shamed into cringing when that unsympathetic and very greasy character makes that homo-joke. Do you doubt what I say? Did you just cringe when I used the word homo-joke? You may be a very conservative Christian, and you are with me on the merits, but you still do whatever their laugh track tells you to’ (Rules for Reformers, p. 167)â€

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/well-conditioned.html

Jennie Chancey's meltdown continues on the LAF Facebook page: "This is no longer the country my parents and grandparents grew up in. Far from it! I don’t think I even knew sodomy existed until I was in high-school, and then I could hardly believe it. Seriously?"

You mean your parents sent you to a "government" high school, Jennie? How ungodly of them.

Jennie Chancey's meltdown continues on the LAF Facebook page: "This is no longer the country my parents and grandparents grew up in. Far from it! I don’t think I even knew sodomy existed until I was in high-school, and then I could hardly believe it. Seriously?"

You mean your parents sent you to a "government" high school, Jennie? How ungodly of them.

Nah, she was homeschooled. I wonder how she found out about it then? Hmmmm, Jennie?

I get sick of her self-righteous pearl-clutching. I watched her flirt shamelessly in college; she was just like the rest of us, she was just wearing Anne of Green Gables garb while she did it. But of course she REPENTED of her evil college ways after she met DPIAR and Be-All. :evil-eye: Like that testimony means shit now - I bet she pulls a Peter and denies she ever knew them if someone brings them up in conversation. I also bet she and Matt are thanking their lucky stars they live on the other side of the world and can't be called to testify.

Nah, she was homeschooled. I wonder how she found out about it then? Hmmmm, Jennie?

I get sick of her self-righteous pearl-clutching. I watched her flirt shamelessly in college; she was just like the rest of us, she was just wearing Anne of Green Gables garb while she did it. But of course she REPENTED of her evil college ways after she met DPIAR and Be-All. :evil-eye: Like that testimony means shit now - I bet she pulls a Peter and denies she ever knew them if someone brings them up in conversation. I also bet she and Matt are thanking their lucky stars they live on the other side of the world and can't be called to testify.

danvillebelle, did she ever say why her parents homeschooled her but then allowed her to go to college?

danvillebelle, did she ever say why her parents homeschooled her but then allowed her to go to college?

Her dad wanted her to go to his alma mater. They said if she got a full scholarship, she should go, and she did. It was a tiny christian college (it has since about quadrupled in size). It was very sheltered as colleges go, but she later oh-woe-is-me'd about how "worldly" all her fellow students and professors were.

I was mistaken; Jennie was quoting this Femina article, but she didn't use quotation marks:

feminagirls.com/2015/07/01/shine-it/

So in fundie minds, is there any sort of statute of limitations for when marriage equality will cause all the rains of fire and other End of the World stuff?

I mean, it's been almost a week and I haven't seen any hell fire at all.

Will they at some point realize/admit that nothing terrible is going to happen? Or, 200 years from now when California finally falls into the ocean, will they gloat and be all "Told ya so!"

Archived