IGNORED

Fundie responses to the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage

lilwriter85

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does a Christian flag look like? I can't say I've ever seen one.

250px-Christian_flag.svg.png

From Wikipedia:

The Christian Flag is a flag designed in the early 20th century to represent all of Christianity and Christendom,[1] and has been most popular among Protestant churches in North America, Africa and Latin America. [2] The flag has a white field, with a red Latin cross inside a blue canton. The shade of red on the cross symbolizes the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary.[3] The blue represents the waters of baptism as well as the faithfulness of Jesus.[4] The white represents Jesus' purity.[5] In conventional vexillology, a white flag is linked to surrender, a reference to the Biblical description of Jesus' non-violence and surrender to God.[6] The dimensions of the flag and canton have no official specifications.

Jennie Chancey's meltdown continues on the LAF Facebook page: "This is no longer the country my parents and grandparents grew up in. Far from it! I don’t think I even knew sodomy existed until I was in high-school, and then I could hardly believe it. Seriously?"

You mean your parents sent you to a "government" high school, Jennie? How ungodly of them.

The fact that America is not the country my parents and grandparents grew up in is a good thing!!! No more Jim Crow laws! More religious freedom! My grandfather had to change his last name because it was too Jewish sounding to get a job. He and my other grandfather had to deal with colleges that had Jew quotas. And now with marriage equality the next step is work place and housing protections!

And the hits just on keep coming from Tim Bayly as he defends Kenya against “American moral filthâ€:

“Yes, yes; the protection of ‘basic human rights.’…This is how we stand in solidarity with gay men… This is how we stand in solidarity with men who copulate with sheep and antelope, men who can't remember a time when they have not been turned on by animals instead of women. Such men ought never to be judged on the basis of whom they love. They are merely exercising ‘basic human rights.’…And if you, precious postmodern Christian, think the comparison is rude or unfair or insensitive, it's not. If the comparison angers you, it's because you have drunk North America's Kool-Aid and been robbed of the ability to think Biblically. When women and men who claim the Name of Christ simper and coo over the gay men or women in their church who live together celibately, respond by simpering and cooing yourself about the animal-lovers in your church who live in the barn celibately. Show the moral equivalency of sodomy and bestiality.â€

baylyblog.com/blog/2015/07/kenyans-president-obama-dont-pollute-our-country-your-moral-filth

And heads continue to explode over on the "Ladies Against Feminism" Facebook page:

facebook.com/LadiesAgainstFeminism?fref=ts

Lots of pick-a-little-talk-a-little debating and pearl-clutching and general catastrophizing. Meanwhile, in other news, the planet still turns, and water is wet.

And heads continue to explode over on the "Ladies Against Feminism" Facebook page:

facebook.com/LadiesAgainstFeminism?fref=ts

Lots of pick-a-little-talk-a-little debating and pearl-clutching and general catastrophizing. Meanwhile, in other news, the planet still turns, and water is wet.

I really think Jennie is having a nervous breakdown. And since it's completely self-induced, I just have no sympathy.

I really think Jennie is having a nervous breakdown. And since it's completely self-induced, I just have no sympathy.

Kelly Reins, too. She duplicates many of the LAF posts on her own FB page. She turns 39 this year - a never-married SAHD, absolutely obsessed with telling the rest of the world how to conduct their relationship and marriage business. :snooty:

And the hits just on keep coming from Tim Bayly as he defends Kenya against “American moral filthâ€:

“Yes, yes; the protection of ‘basic human rights.’…This is how we stand in solidarity with gay men… This is how we stand in solidarity with men who copulate with sheep and antelope, men who can't remember a time when they have not been turned on by animals instead of women. Such men ought never to be judged on the basis of whom they love. They are merely exercising ‘basic human rights.’…And if you, precious postmodern Christian, think the comparison is rude or unfair or insensitive, it's not. If the comparison angers you, it's because you have drunk North America's Kool-Aid and been robbed of the ability to think Biblically. When women and men who claim the Name of Christ simper and coo over the gay men or women in their church who live together celibately, respond by simpering and cooing yourself about the animal-lovers in your church who live in the barn celibately. Show the moral equivalency of sodomy and bestiality.â€

baylyblog.com/blog/2015/07/kenyans-president-obama-dont-pollute-our-country-your-moral-filth

Holy shit.

This is what Bayly is defending: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88587.html (unbroken, it's a news site)

That's right. Long prison sentences or even the death penalty for "sodomy". Homosexuals living lives of total fear and terror, subject to brutal attacks. This woman was cut on the head with a machete, gang raped for hours and infected with HIV. NOBODY deserves that sort of treatment. Remember the Golden Rule, Tim? It doesn't just apply to people that you like.

250px-Christian_flag.svg.png

Thanks.

I don't think I've ever seen one out in the wild. But I don't spend a lot of time at churches, obviously.

Thanks.

I don't think I've ever seen one out in the wild. But I don't spend a lot of time at churches, obviously.

They're common in Christian private schools from my experience. The only time I saw it in church besides that was July 4th when they'd do a posting of the colors.

He was hospitalized with an aortic aneurysm. He asked for a priest to give him last rites. His second wife visited a priest with his request, and was turned down flat. But two days later, the priest contacted her, and said for a donation of $5000 to the church, a special dispensation could be made for the priest to give him last rites. My uncle said no way in @#$%@#$@%.

This is so revolting. My husband's parents were married in the Catholic church and divorced ages ago. He says they just had to give enough money to the church to get their annulment, so his dad could remarry in the Church. I really cannot understand how after seeing SO CLEARLY and in person what the church is about (give us money, we'll change our beliefs for you to do what you want), someone could still want to be a part of it. But his dad is still Catholic and goes to church (his new wife, who is wonderful, doesn't go to church with him hahahaha).

Doug Wilson Q&A:

"16. Do you think supporting same-sex marriage is a more serious problem than supporting slavery?

Yes, far more serious."

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/time-for-a-little-q-a.html

Oh yeah, I'm gonna need a lot more of an answer to explain that bullshit. We should ask a slave and ask a married gay man who they think has the worse life before we decide that one for sure.

Sad Missouri county to fly flags at below half-mast over gay marriage ruling

Posted By David Hudnall on Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM

click to enlarge

"A despicable Supreme Court travesty."

Dent County is a place in southeast Missouri where about 15,000 people live. Today, the County Commission there voted unanimously — unanimously! — to fly the flags at the courthouse and judicial building below half-mast on the 26th day of every single month between now and June 2016.

Why the 26th? That's the day last month when tragedy hit Dent County — when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples have the constitutional right to marriage. From The Salem News (Salem is the Dent County seat):

The Dent County Commission voted unanimously Monday to observe one year of "mourning†over the Supreme Court’s June 26 decision that gay couples have the constitutional right to marriage.

The observance will come in the form of lowering the flags at the Dent County Courthouse and Judicial Building to below half-staff on the 26th day of the month from July 2015 to June 2016.

The vote came after Presiding Commissioner Darrell Skiles filed a letter into the public record protesting, “the U.S. high court’s stamp of approval of what God speaks of as an abomination.â€

The letter details Skiles’ opposition to gay marriage and proposes lowering of the flags so “all who see these flags at this lowered position be reminded of this despicable Supreme Court travesty,†he wrote.

Citizens are also doing this kind of thing in nearby Springfield, because Obummer.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives ... age-ruling

A family member just broke my cousin's heart. They said not only will they not permit their kids to be in cousin's wedding, but they won't even be at the wedding because they don't want to "confuse" them. Keep in mind, said family member has a gay sibling, who I'm 99% sure has been given an ultimatum about hiding it around the kids if they want to keep in contact. And we wonder why the sibling moved out of state and rarely comes home? Gee....

Of course, family member says they will gladly come to "support you on your special day". Because, I don't know about you, but I always want bigots to be there right after they get done telling me I'm not good enough to be around their kids. UGH!!

I never even thought of this person as fundie. Catholic, yes. But to do something like that to family members..... :angry-banghead: This person also uses "sped" as a put down. If they ever say it around my son who is in special ed, they will wish they never learned to speak. It would break his heart to know that's their idea of a put down. What Good Christians .

This is so revolting. My husband's parents were married in the Catholic church and divorced ages ago. He says they just had to give enough money to the church to get their annulment, so his dad could remarry in the Church. I really cannot understand how after seeing SO CLEARLY and in person what the church is about (give us money, we'll change our beliefs for you to do what you want), someone could still want to be a part of it. But his dad is still Catholic and goes to church (his new wife, who is wonderful, doesn't go to church with him hahahaha).

Report the priest who refused to give Anointing of the Sick (the actual name of the sacrament, btw) to his bishop.

My grandmother, who had left the Catholic Church 40 years before because she got mad at a priest, requested Anointing of the Sick in hospice and it was arranged without a fee or objection. As it should be.

Quote from the pope last year: "This is a point I want to emphasize: the sacraments are free."

In the same speech, he decried church's charging fees for nuptial masses and marriage preparation. Our parish does not charge for weddings, but the parish I worked in at the time we got married charged $850.

As for the annulment, Francis is also pushing for dioceses to lower the sometimes prohibitive fees involved. At least two dioceses in the U.S. have now reduced fees. Individual priests typically have little pull with diocesan tribunals in the matter of granting or not granting an annulment. The money involved was likely the fee charged by the tribunal, which, again, there is currently a push from Rome to significantly decrease if not entirely eliminate.

Sorry, he lost me at antelope. :o

Archived