IGNORED

Fundie responses to the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage

lilwriter85

Many of you have heard the news. This thread will be to discuss fundie responses. We all know we can expect Lori A's response tomorrow morning. Feel free to post blog postings and articles here.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing how many of them will declare their intent to leave the county, may I just say, "Buh bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out." May they all find a remote island somewhere to set up camp where they will inevitably end up beating each other into unconsciousness with their bible (KJV, of course) because no one can decide who's got the direct line to god.

Knowing how many of them will declare their intent to leave the county, may I just say, "Buh bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out." May they all find a remote island somewhere to set up camp where they will inevitably end up beating each other into unconsciousness with their bible (KJV, of course) because no one can decide who's got the direct line to god.

I absolutely agree. All these notorious fundies are very lucky that they live so far away from each other, so the only contact they have is through blogs or maybe one or two meetings a year. Put them together on a small island and it would be like world war III in a matter of days.

Freerepublic is an awesome place to read RW reactions, fundie and otherwise. It's an old white man bastion.

Many are predicting that Christians will now be rounded up and killed by Obama and his liberal henchman. You know liberals, always hunting down and killing people who disagree with them! Others say they are packing their bags and leaving the country. Course, they have to get their fat asses off the couch and go find those bags first, so I'm doubting anyone will actually make it out their front door.

Can't wait to hear what Messrs. Botkin, Brown and their ilk have to say...

:lol:

They are running out of places to go that are democratic and developed.

And emigrating is expensive. I doubt most of them can afford it. But I'm sure they will blow smoke about leaving. Or start babbling about states seceding.

In the end, however, things will settle down and all but the most hard core fundies will realize that it really does not impact their lives at all if the gay couple down the street has a marriage license.

I wish they would leave the country. But we know they're not. I already read a bunch of comments that said America is a christian nation. One guy said he would kill all the gays because he doesn't want his children to think this is acceptable. I really wonder what the Duggars think. All that money wasted fighting against gays.

I wish they would leave the country. But we know they're not. I already read a bunch of comments that said America is a christian nation. One guy said he would kill all the gays because he doesn't want his children to think this is acceptable. I really wonder what the Duggars think. All that money wasted fighting against gays.

I'm guessing they are at the TTH and the other homes secretly fuming about this. I wonder if Joshie boy, Ben, Jessa, or Jill will respond to this on social media.

I'm guessing they are at the TTH and the other homes secretly fuming about this. I wonder if Joshie boy, Ben, Jessa, or Jill will respond to this on social media.

Well, if they were smart they'd keep their smug traps shut because.....MOLESTATION. But that's if they were smart, so....

They are running out of places to go that are democratic and developed.

And emigrating is expensive. I doubt most of them can afford it. But I'm sure they will blow smoke about leaving. Or start babbling about states seceding.

In the end, however, things will settle down and all but the most hard core fundies will realize that it really does not impact their lives at all if the gay couple down the street has a marriage license.

On my fakebook yesterday, 2 different women posted about wanting a Convention of the States to get rid of the over-reaching federal government. One was because of the ACA ruling the other was because she apparently thought the feds were banning the confederate flag (um Amazon et al did it on their own, and who knows how long that will last, she can still buy a confederate battle flag if she wants one) and she is also sure that they are going to ban Gone with the wind.... and she was not kidding, she had read one critic saying (either seriously or tongue in cheek) that GOTW should be banned.

My Fakebook account is such a window to a wholly different world from my real life.

Lori says in her comments that she wept. Which I believe not at all because she cannot feel on account of her cold dead heart.

On my fakebook yesterday, 2 different women posted about wanting a Convention of the States to get rid of the over-reaching federal government. One was because of the ACA ruling the other was because she apparently thought the feds were banning the confederate flag (um Amazon et al did it on their own, and who knows how long that will last, she can still buy a confederate battle flag if she wants one) and she is also sure that they are going to ban Gone with the wind.... and she was not kidding, she had read one critic saying (either seriously or tongue in cheek) that GOTW should be banned.

My Fakebook account is such a window to a wholly different world from my real life.

I did see a rather overwrought blog post about GWTW in the last few days. Basically blaming it for all racism in the country from 1939 on and declaring it should be banned. I resisted the urge to point out that GWTW was just a product of an existing culture--people never seem to grasp how that works.

Can't remember where I saw that link, though.

However, in general, bloggers don't have the power to ban anything. And I am so tired of people not understanding the difference between a business refusing to sell something or similar and the government banning it. The business is actually exercising freedom and those decisions are generally driven by profit potential which is capitalism at work. And these same screaming conservatives are the ones who worship capitalism more than God, so you'd think they would not be confused about it.

I got my popcorn ready! :popcorn2:

I'm wondering what the Duggars are going to say. Maybe this is going to bring them out of hiding, Smugs in particular.

I'm hopeful that the SCOTUS ruling will cause the idiots talking about the flag to shut up. It's not the removing them from government places- that's fine. It's the lack of understanding of history of any historical figures. And the lack of understanding about the Civil War in general and the men who fought it on both sides. I'm an historian so it really, really bothers me that people do no research before spouting off their ideas on TV.

What do you think the Duggars are saying today regarding the Supreme Court's decision to allow gay marriage in all 50 states?

What do you think the Duggars are saying today regarding the Supreme Court's decision to allow gay marriage in all 50 states?
humping like rabbits to make wariers two fight it. We should see some hate soon.

They aren't saying anything to the kids about it, that's for sure. Michelle's head has exploded, and JB blames Josh for sinning, and thus thwarting his hate group's attempts. Jill and Jessa will either get divorced or set themselves on fire, or both...

I'm hopeful that the SCOTUS ruling will cause the idiots talking about the flag to shut up. It's not the removing them from government places- that's fine. It's the lack of understanding of history of any historical figures. And the lack of understanding about the Civil War in general and the men who fought it on both sides. I'm an historian so it really, really bothers me that people do no research before spouting off their ideas on TV.

I was told by one guy that the Confederate Battle flat had 13 stars and represented Jesus and the 12 Disciples.... apparently General Beauregard used that explanation and this guy drives his truck around with the flag on it using it as a way to testify to people who ask about it. I suggested that most people would not ask about it, simply make assumptions about his beliefs based on their understanding of the flag.

I live way too close to PP for comfort. The local evening news should be interesting tonight.

Many of you have heard the news. This thread will be to discuss fundie responses. We all know we can expect Lori A's response tomorrow morning. Feel free to post blog postings and articles here.

The response of a woman on Buzzfed FB. What about the children watching all this?????? Well I replied, the Dutch children are fine, The Netherlands as first country in the world legalised gay marriage in 2001!

I'm listening to Rush Limbaugh right now and he is so angry! I love it. :D He almost sounded like he was going to cry a few minutes ago, he's getting himself so worked up over this.

"No one in the heterosexual community is imposing anything on anyone else. They're having these things imposed on them."

Not really sure how, but apparently straight people are the victims here and are having George Takei's agenda imposed on them. He's talking about cakes now and keeps quoting George Takei.

Really amazing lack of self-awareness right there.

Edit: Just noticed that every time he says "equality" he has to say it in a gay voice

For those who say they want to move out of the US, I wish them luck. If you are over 65 and on Medicare, you will have to move without your insurance benefits as Medicare covers you only in the US. I assume a large number of these Fundies are over 65 so they will have to make a decision if they want to emigrate. I hear Somalia has low taxes and no government interference. Actually, Somalia probably has no taxes and no real government. It would be a veritable heaven for Libertarians. Oh, and no gun laws! Win-win.

I live way too close to PP for comfort. The local evening news should be interesting tonight.

No worries fellow Zonie. He is in Michigan with a free Palestine shirt and a box of dvds today. If his head goes thermonuclear, it won't be here. ;)

I'm listening to Rush Limbaugh right now and he is so angry! I love it. :D He almost sounded like he was going to cry a few minutes ago, he's getting himself so worked up over this.

"No one in the heterosexual community is imposing anything on anyone else. They're having these things imposed on them."

Not really sure how, but apparently straight people are the victims here and are having George Takei's agenda imposed on them. He's talking about cakes now and keeps quoting George Takei.

Really amazing lack of self-awareness right there.

Given the questions about Rush's sexuality that have come up from time to time, maybe he's crying because this didn't happen when he was younger.

Archived