IGNORED

Newsflash: Sarah Maxwell has read the entire Bible!

SPHASH

lawlifelgbt

Really?

I read the entire Bible in a month. At age 11. For an English class where you got more credit the more pages you read (it was a public school and my teacher just counted the pages to my total).

She told me to get a life and go play outside, but it really wasn't that hard. So why only three times in four years?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jana814

• twin2

• singsingsing

• princessmahina

16strong
I have to wonder how much of Steve's refusal to visit FJ has to do with him not being willing to be challenged by women and how much with him specifically not wanting us nitpicking his grammar to death.

I agree. From what people that have been to the seminars have said, he doesn't talk much to women. Instead, he often refers to their "headship." If FJ were made up of mostly guys, he might.

That said, FormerGothardite and others would eat him for breakfast if he showed up here. I think he knows that, as well. There's no real benefit to him showing his face. He'll never change his mind, and we won't either. If anything, I think Teri or Sarah would show up first, as they are the ones that do the ministering to women. But Steve wouldn't put them in the line of fire.

Jana814
I wonder if they just read certain parts over and over again in their two hours a day? That could explain why she's only read the whole thing three times in four yrs, but it's still weird.

That makes more sense. Only reading certain parts.

Jana814
I can see that. If she's stopping after every sentence to pray and meditate it would take forever to read the whole thing.

Good point.

kpmom

I agree. From what people that have been to the seminars have said, he doesn't talk much to women. Instead, he often refers to their "headship." If FJ were made up of mostly guys, he might.

That said, FormerGothardite and others would eat him for breakfast if he showed up here. I think he knows that, as well. There's no real benefit to him showing his face. He'll never change his mind, and we won't either. If anything, I think Teri or Sarah would show up first, as they are the ones that do the ministering to women. But Steve wouldn't put them in the line of fire.

Amen

I think Ken is still sitting in a corner sucking his thumb after Koala, et. al. handed him his ass.

Although, my favorite times at FJ are when fundies show up.

She could have copied the entire thing out in that time:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/m ... nd-written

According to that article, the KJV is 788k+ words. Most novels run between 80k t0 120k. A liberal estimate would, therefore, put the KJV at 10x the length of a standard novel. So she's read the equivalent of 30 (or 40) books since 2011. I've read 46 since January. And I have a full-time job.

Handmaiden of Dog

I'm going to go with she prays and thinks about each verse, reading every line several times to parse out the meaning and intent of every word and then applying the word to her own life. If that is the case, how tortuously introspective she must be. She has so little experience to dwell on, rather she must concentrate on the glories of dusting the ceiling fan for Jesus-- elevating the lowliest chore as a sacrifice for the Lord. I cannot even imagine living in my head that much. The thought is stifling.

Jana814
I'm going to go with she prays and thinks about each verse, reading every line several times to parse out the meaning and intent of every word and then applying the word to her own life. If that is the case, how tortuously introspective she must be. She has so little experience to dwell on, rather she must concentrate on the glories of dusting the ceiling fan for Jesus-- elevating the lowliest chore as a sacrifice for the Lord. I cannot even imagine living in my head that much. The thought is stifling.

Completely agree w/ u.

princessmahina

I was brought up Catholic. I'd read the bible cover to cover 3-4 times before I was a teenager. I'm almost 30 and I think I'm around the 10 count.

Idk, maybe she's a really slow reader, or Maxwell wimmin aren't allowed to have their own bible before a certain age?

They posted about Nathan's older two girls having their own Bibles, and they're both pretty young, so I don't think so. I think Sarah probably is thinking far more into things than most of us do. Then again, most of us have lives- a job, a significant other, or at least a pet rock to occupy our time. Poor Sarah doesn't even have a decent book collection or a television to use.