IGNORED

Bradrick.org logo

MamaJunebug

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some sage advise from the leader of the brotherhood (taken from the facebook page)

Uh, yeah great advice. This is how people get their vehicles trapped on flooded roads douchcannoe! What the tool should have said:

If you have friends on the coast follow these simple steps:

1)Before the storm hits, tell them to come ride out the storm at your place or if not possible go to a shelter

2)If you can't get a hold of them following the storm, contact the local authorities

His first sentence doesn't even make sense. It's like he used a translating program to translate his brand of crazy into English and it didn't work right.

Reviewing your writing and having another (literate) person review it is a good idea. Try it Bradrick. :roll:

Just noticed that this page is available on the oh so awesome Bradrick.org.

http://www.bradrick.org/helpalfamilies/

When you give through bradrick.org, you don't have to worry about your money going to those sinners or slack Christians. Nope, only "exemplary, faithful, Christian families" are going to get help. The rest can just starve for all they care. That is what Jesus would do.

The website itself is still password-protected. That site looks like it's made for those 3 families (inc. the Crawfords) in Shoals Valley. So, um his whole organization currently exists to help 3 families? I'm sorry, how does this guy make a 9-5 living?

Kelly and Peter appear to have decided that they do not need the general public's help in making a living, as both his site and her facebook are no longer open to the public. It's like they don't want us to relentlessly mock them.

Kelly and Peter appear to have decided that they do not need the general public's help in making a living, as both his site and her facebook are no longer open to the public. It's like they don't want us to relentlessly mock them.

I'd noticed too that her FB page was reset, probably to friends only. This and setting bradrick.org to "private" are probably to the good: it prevents the innocent from falling prey to these whited sepulchres & false prophets, and makes their hypocrisy all the more glaring & obvious to anyone who can think.

Well, Peter was the VFM Hazardous Journeys Logistics Coordinator. Does that count as specialized experience?

Is this what, anywhere else, would be called Vacation Planner?

Peter, no doubt you've seen this interview with Congressman Ron Paul revealing the bankruptcy and inefficiency of programs such as FEMA, and how such government programs need to be removed. They do need to be removed and replaced with private operations such as Bradrick — may the Lord bless your work as you operate for Christ's glory alone!

I found this on their facebook page. No. No. No.

I am guessing that their version of Christ's glory would come with a requirement that the family be exactly like them. Bradrick probably has no qualms in denying care to families that he doesn't deem worthy.

Issac Weathers is his partner. Does he have a blog?

Is this what, anywhere else, would be called Vacation Planner?

Well, according to watchdog over on the loldoug thread it means he holds the GPS.

This blog belongs to Issac Weathers family. They don't appear to update it and there is little snark material. I'm just including it for those who are curious about the other guy listed as the creator of Bradrick.org

I wonder how Issac feels about his name not being in the company logo

http://weathersfamilyblog.blogspot.com/ ... -results=7

There was a time in America when homes were safer. Men were bolder. Communities were tighter. And policemen were friendly and fewer. There was a time when every household knew it was responsible for protecting itself and looking out for its neighbors. Men in communities relied on one another to be there if crisis called.

This proves that these people live in a dream world.

His first sentence doesn't even make sense. It's like he used a translating program to translate his brand of crazy into English and it didn't work right.

Reviewing your writing and having another (literate) person review it is a good idea. Try it Bradrick. :roll:

Gee, he sure is qualified to organize a rescue network. Even his advice is an epic fail.

And how does he expect to get "customers" if his website is private? Truth is, the world is a safer place without a moron like him attempting to do disaster response and security, so I say, keep it closed.

Guest Anonymous

Gee, he sure is qualified to organize a rescue network. Even his advice is an epic fail.

And how does he expect to get "customers" if his website is private? Truth is, the world is a safer place without a moron like him attempting to do disaster response and security, so I say, keep it closed.

Maybe this whole enterprise is just a vanity project. After all, we know that his true calling in life is to hold Dougie's anaconda.

Okay, the site's up now. Nothing really new, just that you can see the front page again. This is how Petey says it will work:

Enter BRADRICK: Brotherhood of Protectors. Returning to the Founders vision of how men in communities should behave. A national network of Christian men who know and claim their duty to protect their homes. These men rally together in local teams, which rally together as local community chapters, which rally together as a large scale grassroots network of Christian men standing firm on their God-given duties and the Constitution.

So, um... it seems like he's trying to start something like the Promise Keepers, only his intent is getting in the way of actual government agencies when disaster strikes. I think this idea is actually detrimental because people untrained in disaster preparedness putting themselves in the way of danger is unsafe, no matter how biblically grounded it is in terms of "manliness". I also fail to see how this will make money as a business.

Since the fanatics,,, uh, Republicans in the US House are voting down FEMA funding which runs out on Tuesday, perhaps we should all pray that our headships contact Bradrick.

I'm on my knees....ooopppssss... I see an anaconda running the other direction.

Okay, the site's up now. Nothing really new, just that you can see the front page again. This is how Petey says it will work:

So, um... it seems like he's trying to start something like the Promise Keepers, only his intent is getting in the way of actual government agencies when disaster strikes. I think this idea is actually detrimental because people untrained in disaster preparedness putting themselves in the way of danger is unsafe, no matter how biblically grounded it is in terms of "manliness". I also fail to see how this will make money as a business.

Bradrick.org's newly "revamped site" with the new logo=more evidence of intern espionage. Hi interns! :greetings-waveyellow:

Guest Anonymous

They got rid of the nazi-esque logo, but they're still failing at grammar and proofreading. Apostrophes are free, Petey!

255opzo.jpg

*ETA: Mistakes happen, but come on! Would you pay these guys to save your ass in an emergency when they can't even construct a damn website? I don't think so. How long will this version be up before they yank it? They flee from people who criticize them on the internet, I am not getting a heroic vibe.

"Policemen were friendly" in their area back in the olden days - how true! Unless you happened to be, for instance, a colour that wasn't white. But why would a Bradrick need to worry about people like that?

Y'all watch that video? Holy shit. Someone is committing the sin of pridefulness.

On a technical note. My sister was in PR for a few years and I remember discussing some promo material that she did for a museum. She had to send something back to the art dept. because it had a group of white men in a photo. She told me that a photo that only had white men in it was like kryptonite for marketing materials. In focus groups non-white men (and all women) see a picture like that and read it as a clear signal that says "you are not included, go away". That scene in the Bradrick rumpus war room, makes it look like Petey and the boys are going to load up the trucks with beers and shotguns and keep the darkies from invading the neighborhood.

"Policemen were friendly" in their area back in the olden days?

Yes, this cracks me up. PB was born in what 1983? So what he would remember of the policemen in his town were probably men who had some nice sideburns/mullets and listened to Van Halen in their cop-cars. I think he is confusing reality with the Beaver Clever-ness of the 50s he saw idealized in his mom's vintage cookbooks and squeaky-clean TV programming. Another example of the fundies romanticizing eras gone.

Also, it does come across as a white-boy club. I mean, I know we have people of every race in fundiedom, so maybe it was the original art that tipped me off. He needs a little more diversity both in photographs and in mission statement.

Did anyone keep a visual of the initial Nazi-esque logo? I noticed this thread too little too late. And of course, I'm curious now.

Ask and ye shall receive:

u0i13.jpg

That's not quite it, there was also something like a sideways N with serifs pointing inward that was really reminiscent of a swastika.

Archived