IGNORED

Bradrick.org logo

MamaJunebug

My sister was in PR for a few years and I remember discussing some promo material that she did for a museum. She had to send something back to the art dept. because it had a group of white men in a photo. She told me that a photo that only had white men in it was like kryptonite for marketing materials. In focus groups non-white men (and all women) see a picture like that and read it as a clear signal that says "you are not included, go away". That scene in the Bradrick rumpus war room, makes it look like Petey and the boys are going to load up the trucks with beers and shotguns and keep the darkies from invading the neighborhood.

I concur. It looks like illiterate Stormfront-type stuff for sure.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The facebook page has a flag of some sort. Is that the logo being discussed earlier? I was off FJ for a month ending a week or so ago and I totes missed the shitty logo.

Guest Anonymous
The facebook page has a flag of some sort. Is that the logo being discussed earlier? I was off FJ for a month ending a week or so ago and I totes missed the shitty logo.

emmie, they changed the insignia from a scary red and black homage-to-the-swastika-looking thing to the flag. I'm kicking myself for not saving the original. It's astonishing (or maybe not, considering who we're dealing with) that anyone thought the first one was appropriate.

That's a good subject for a pub quiz!

"And finally. For ten points, is 'Bradrick: Brotherhood of Protectors'...

(a) A holiday-reading book with the author's name in big embossed letters, containing a badly-written story about a global conspiracy?

(b) A computer game where you shoot aliens in a dystopian future?

© A centuries-old cult that still guards secret treasure-vaults in the hills of Colorado?

(d) A wannabe mercenary outfit founded by a jumped-up squirt on an ego trip that somehow manages to combine elements of all the above?"

emmie, they changed the insignia from a scary red and black homage-to-the-swastika-looking thing to the flag. I'm kicking myself for not saving the original. It's astonishing (or maybe not, considering who we're dealing with) that anyone thought the first one was appropriate.

No need to kick yourself!

2oK36.jpg

m5n76.jpg

Wow. Charming logo, Pete!

I can think of several ways he could make that organization viable and maybe even useful. I'm not going to post any of them. Instead, I'll just offer some advertising ideas:

1) Good thing they got rid of that logo. It's crap.

2) Bradrick needs to remove his name from the organization, rather than treating it like his own little vanity project. (Yes, it is his own little vanity project, but that fact needn't be clear from the outset.)

3) Rather than trying to scare people into participating in his...whatever the hell it is...he should instead be using a language of empowerment: "The Bradrick Christian Crisis Leadership Network exists to prepare and empower people to make the best of the worst" - or something like that.

4) Brotherhood of Protectors? Nix that. It sounds like the title of a comic book.

5) Enough with the fucking weener-fest! Post a picture of a smiling man with arms around his family or something. That will send the same message in a more positive manner.

Archived