IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

The show must be cancelled. There 3 people at fault: Josh for the sex abuse; JB and Michelle for covering it up. Therefore, no show. Why would TLC and its sponsors want to promote a family who sexually abuses siblings and then covers it up?

Especially, when several of the people abused are also members of the show.

So 7 affected members of the show-

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The show is done. The Duggar "brand" has been exposed as a farce and they are now toxic. Any advertiser that would run a commercial would be boycotted and people may boycott ANY advertiser that ran on the network as a whole.

This isn't covering up a stolen pack of gum, it's the decades long, systematic practice of covering up CHILD MOLESTATION.

Here's a thought, TLC may be waiting a few days to see if Jim Bob decides to pull out gracefully and try to redeem themselves maybe a tiny bit in the process. If not, then I am sure we'll see a "buh-bye" very soon.

Here's a thought, TLC may be waiting a few days to see if Jim Bob decides to pull out gracefully and try to redeem themselves maybe a tiny bit in the process. If not, then I am sure we'll see a "buh-bye" very soon.

Oh my, has JB ever pulled out gracefully?

I am sorry for a bit of levity and crassness, carry on.

Makes me sad about All American Muslim. I actually learned a few things I did not know about their lives. One sponsor, I think Lowes, put up a big stink and the show was gone but the Duggars will continue on with all this baggage.

I would rather see "All American Muslim" back on. It really did show different sides of the faith rather than what the mainstream media tends to focus on in the news, i.e. ISIS and extremism. One Muslim woman in the show did not wear a hijab... she wore skimpy clothes, had tattoos and didn't fit the stereotypical image of one. Her Catholic fiance was nervous about converting because he'd have to cut pork from his diet!

Unfortunately, money rules all.

They presented themselves as role-models and family with extreme moral standarts. Other shows (like Honey Boo Boo) never had the claim to be a "ministry", and most people already perceived them as crazy and trashy, people watched them for entertainment value, but no one would have called them "wholesome" or taken them seriously.

Before the fall-out about Mama June's boyfriend, "Honey Boo Boo" did have the family supporting a HIV-positive uncle and his partner. As loathe I am to say it, that itself is far more progressive than what 19KAC would feature.

I don't think we'll have a retooled version of 19KAC or any specials. The fallout from the molestation is severe enough that TLC will wipe its hands of the show completely. The Duggars are on their own now.

Just spit decaf all over my keyboard.

I don't think TLC is waiting on the Duggars for anything. My guess is that they are dealing with Jim Bob's attorneys regarding contractual issues and payouts.

The HBB situation was less complex. Less sophisticated and fewer players involved.

I don't think he's ever pulled out :lol:

I don't think he's ever pulled out :lol:

Best laugh of my day!

thank you!!

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time or there might have been some minor electrical shocks

:cracking-up:

Jim Bob's top priority, first and foremost, is the exploitation of his children in order to promote whatever agenda he's pushing at that moment, be it politics or religion. I think he will fight tooth and nail to keep the show on the air, and if he does get cancelled, he will probably (try to) sue the network.

As it is, I completely agree that he would work with the show's producers to find a way to continue on without Josh. Don't get me wrong, Jim Bob might throw a huge snit-fit about it, but at the end of the day, as long as the show remains on the air, Jim Bob will move forward without Josh.

People here have noted the conspicuous timing of Josh moving back to Arkansas and buying a house close to where his family lives, which occured right before the announcement. I can't think of anyone alive who would hire Josh at this point, so Jim Bob will probably give Josh a job or put him on an allowance.

I actually don't think they knew this was coming. Otherwise they would have gone to court weeks ago to have the record destroyed, been a lot more guarded in the finale interview, etc. I think this really took them by surprise.

The show is done. The Duggar "brand" has been exposed as a farce and they are now toxic. Any advertiser that would run a commercial would be boycotted and people may boycott ANY advertiser that ran on the network as a whole.

This isn't covering up a stolen pack of gum, it's the decades long, systematic practice of covering up CHILD MOLESTATION.

Completely agree. TLC will not continue in light of this scandal, the Duggars are indeed toxic. There's no way, shape or form that the show can continue sans Josh, just the kids, the oldest girls, whatever. Any variation of the show is simply not possible, there will be public outcry. The Duggars have had bad press, such as the recent anti gay legislation robocall, but this one beats them all. There's no recovery for them.

I don't think TLC is waiting on the Duggars for anything. My guess is that they are dealing with Jim Bob's attorneys regarding contractual issues and payouts.

The HBB situation was less complex. Less sophisticated and fewer players involved.

Agree, the network is probably dealing with all the legal stuff before they announce any cancellation. They will want them completely, totally gone and will make sure any legal loose ends are wrapped up good.

I have to agree about destroying the police record sooner before it got out. Jim Bob would have jumped on that one immediately. I missed the finale interview, but it makes me wonder when exactly they did find out and start with the damage control.

I actually don't think they knew this was coming. Otherwise they would have gone to court weeks ago to have the record destroyed, been a lot more guarded in the finale interview, etc. I think this really took them by surprise.

Agree. There was speculation somewhere here that Josh and Anna's purchase of the home in AR was because they saw this coming, but no way would they have seen this coming that far ahead without taking measures to have the records destroyed back then. And Josh would have found a way to more gracefully leave his position at the FRC as well.

No, this completely took them by surprise.

Completely agree. TLC will not continue in light of this scandal, the Duggars are indeed toxic. There's no way, shape or form that the show can continue sans Josh, just the kids, the oldest girls, whatever. Any variation of the show is simply not possible, there will be public outcry. The Duggars have had bad press, such as the recent anti gay legislation robocall, but this one beats them all. There's no recovery for them.

Agree, the network is probably dealing with all the legal stuff before they announce any cancellation. They will want them completely, totally gone and will make sure any legal loose ends are wrapped up good.

I wanted the cancellation to come down immediately, but when I was talking to my dad he compared it to steering a large ship. It can take a while to make it go in its intended direction.

At least, I hope to G-d that they are just getting their ducks in a row, because the show continuing is just too horrible to contemplate.

They just need to cancel it, because keeping it on in any capacity, will only benefit those, that don't deserve it (I'm looking at you JB and M). I see no need, to keep rewarding them, for their heinous behavior.

I would rather see "All American Muslim" back on. It really did show different sides of the faith rather than what the mainstream media tends to focus on in the news, i.e. ISIS and extremism. One Muslim woman in the show did not wear a hijab... she wore skimpy clothes, had tattoos and didn't fit the stereotypical image of one. Her Catholic fiance was nervous about converting because he'd have to cut pork from his diet!

Unfortunately, money rules all.

Before the fall-out about Mama June's boyfriend, "Honey Boo Boo" did have the family supporting a HIV-positive uncle and his partner. As loathe I am to say it, that itself is far more progressive than what 19KAC would feature.

I don't think we'll have a retooled version of 19KAC or any specials. The fallout from the molestation is severe enough that TLC will wipe its hands of the show completely. The Duggars are on their own now.

That part of HBB was progressive and redeeming. They truly supported Uncle Poodle. The Duggars claimed to love Michelle's lesbian sister, but IIRC, Josh made supposed comments about how his aunt didn't want or need certain civil rights.

I also agree on the last part, I don't see TLC willing to give the Duggars specials or retooled or rebooted versions of the show. When TLC canned Little People, Big World, they agreed with Matt Roloff to do update specials. Then the wedding farm show was done and then the regular show was brought back and one episode focused on Jeremy Roloff's wedding. Zach Roloff is getting married on July 25th. I haven't found anything info online about TLC filming a wedding special on Zach. But I think it will happen.

The Roloffs have had their share of scandals and problems, but the Duggars have them beat. There are things about the Roloffs that I don't like, but they were always upfront about having issues in their family. I won't be surprised if TLC never films Duggar specials. I think there is a bigger chance we will see a Molly Roloff wedding special years from now instead of a Jinger Duggar or Josiah Duggar wedding special or any other Duggar kid. We might also see a Jeremy and Audrey Roloff's baby 1 special instead of specials about Jill and Derrick second baby, baby Seewald special, etc.

You're using the reasoning of a logical person.

You have forgotten that JB is an egotistical narcissist.

You have forgotten Duggar time.

JB thinks he is untouchable (no pun intended) in Arkansas.

On facebook, there's a rumor that Good Morning America announced that 19 Kids is being cancelled. However, I can't find any official news to confirm that so it might just be a baseless rumor/lie.

Just from a crass business point of view, what major advertiser is going to pay money to be associated with a Duggar show?

Just from a crass business point of view, what major advertiser is going to pay money to be associated with a Duggar show?

Hobby Lobby might, but I can't imagine that any advertiser who cared about anyone other than extreme conservative fundamentalists would. At least... I hope they wouldn't.

I would be just as disgusted to see the show air with JB as I would Josh. I'm repulsed more by JB, actually, but Josh is a close second. For a father to have allowed this to happen to his daughters and hide it (in my opinion) so that he could go forward with profiting off them is as bad as it gets.

I've read the theory about the show going on without Josh and Anna. At first I thought...oh, they'll never do that to their precious boy.....but then I thought again and thought OF COURSE they would! This isn't about the kids; it's about profit. JB and Michelle would absolutely treat him like Chuck, the oldest brother on Happy Days. Send him up to the attic to find something and then pretend he never existed.

I suspect based on all that I have read, is that the show is not officially cancelled yet due only to money concerns by TLC... many of the sponsors have cited contracts as the reason they haven't pulled out yet (I am presuming they would owe TLC money in that situation - in some cases, likely a significant amount), but I would bet that if TLC cancelled the show, those contracts would then be void, which means that TLC would possibly be losing money vs waiting it out for the sponsors to all drop and pay their own breech of contract fines. Once all of the sponsors are gone and TLC has cashed in on that as much as possible, THEN I bet the show will officially be axed.

The Duggars would axe Josh and Anna in a hot minute if it meant the show could go on. I would bet money, too, that Josh will eventually become the very public black sheep of the family for the rest of his natural life, since I'm sure he is already being blamed by an incensed Duggar clan for killing their cash cow, at least privately. The Duggars are just trying to exert some damage control by claiming Josh has been forgiven etc... It's just part of their act.

The Duggars would axe Josh and Anna in a hot minute if it meant the show could go on. I would bet money, too, that Josh will eventually become the very public black sheep of the family for the rest of his natural life, since I'm sure he is already being blamed by an incensed Duggar clan for killing their cash cow, at least privately. The Duggars are just trying to exert some damage control by claiming Josh has been forgiven etc... It's just part of their act.

I really doubt it. They are probably blaming the liberals and the media, for digging up the report and "making a big deal out of it". JB and Michelle can't ostracize Josh over this, because that would be tantamount to admitting that they were wrong. If they cut him off because the abuse is public, they are as much as saying that they shouldn't have had him sleeping just down the hall from the people he had already assaulted. They need to make Josh into the victim in their own minds, so that their deluded way of thinking will not be challenged. They have to honestly believe that he found Christ and was healed, because if Michelle had to face the fact that she put her daughters at risk, over and over, when she was supposed to be protecting them, she could very well lose whatever remains of her sanity. Denial is a powerful force for the Duggars.

I really doubt it. They are probably blaming the liberals and the media, for digging up the report and "making a big deal out of it". JB and Michelle can't ostracize Josh over this, because that would be tantamount to admitting that they were wrong. If they cut him off because the abuse is public, they are as much as saying that they shouldn't have had him sleeping just down the hall from the people he had already assaulted. They need to make Josh into the victim in their own minds, so that their deluded way of thinking will not be challenged. They have to honestly believe that he found Christ and was healed, because if Michelle had to face the fact that she put her daughters at risk, over and over, when she was supposed to be protecting them, she could very well lose whatever remains of her sanity. Denial is a powerful force for the Duggars.

Publicly, they will never blame Josh. But I wouldn't be surprised if they would hold some kind of grudge over this privately. As far as I know, Boob already blamed some failed campaign on Joshs crimes (sin in the camp). With the cash cow likely gone, they are probably going to be angry at pretty much everyone involved: those who outed them to the media, ebil journalists and liberals and Josh himself. The only people, that Boob and J'Chelle aren't going to blame, are themselves.

Archived