IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

TLC NL (The Netherlands) pulled the show from this weeks listing, but it is back on the listing from Monday (June 1) on. On their Facebook they say they pulled it of schedule for now and that they are waiting for TLC to make decisions.

So the listings for next week are just not changed yet i think.

I was a lurker on this forum for months, just registred yesterday. My English isn't perfect, but i hope that's okay.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I planned to catch up on the last episodes of the season while visiting my mom this weekend, but TLC pulled them from cable on demand services (I know, but I want to be in the loop when everyone else dissects and over analyzes the episodes). I just checked amazon - TLC pulled the most recent season from their streaming service. I actually paid for the wedding episodes, so I still have access to them, but everything else is gone. It's almost decent of them - TLC could be making tons of money from this season as people try to learn more.

The episodes are on youtube, that's where I alwys watch (I'm not American). There is literally no need to give TLC your money.

You can't help but wonder if TLC will keep it one more season or so, with what is all going on; if they did release a few new episodes ratings might pour in just from those who are curious to see how it all is being handled. Just something I have been wondering/thinking about!

I think TLC could get away with a spin off on the married girls, I think the general public really wants to see the girls happy and in good relationships. But they would have tone down the religious rhetoric in a big way and they could not feature, Josh, JB or Michelle on the show. They might get away with a clip of Michelle at the birth of Jessa's child because people would expect her to be there for that and it would be inexcusable if she wasn't. But she couldn't talk about her beliefs, it would have to be general family focused stuff. However, how many sponsors are going to sign on now for anything Duggar? I think whether the show gets canned or not depends on sponsors.

There is no way TLC can dig out of this advertising hole. The Duggars are done.

The episodes are on youtube, that's where I alwys watch (I'm not American). There is literally no need to give TLC your money.

Agree completely! Even when I lived somewhere with TLC, I still watched it online.

There is no way TLC can dig out of this advertising hole. The Duggars are done.

The only way I could see this working is if TLC does advertising free episodes, or if they donate advertising money to a non-religious agency that helps survivors of abuse. With all the money the CEO of TLC makes, and because they either knew about it or didn't do their homework (I bet it's not the latter) he should be doing this regardless of whether the show stays on the air or not!

People only watched for the girls anyway. Nobody cares about JimChelle. But they would have to create amazing storylines.

Don't they still get money from advertising on youtube? Or do you mean random people have posted videos of it on youtube?

IMO, a spin off would only work if it was centered on those leaving the cult.

What all these kids need and deserve are real educations, real skills training and introduction to life in the world outside the TTH and Gothardism.

They need the skills to live free, independent lives.

How ironic that reality TV only distorts reality for those participating.

The real world does not pay you loads of money, offer fancy trips and media attention for just being you.

The Duggar kids have all been raised with a false sense of reality in additional to the cult brainwashing.

It all needs to go away.

In a perfect world, Jessa and Jill would be comfortable with a spinoff show of their own. They would be the only ones getting money from it. BoobChelle and Josh would NEVER make appearances on it, never make money off of it, and never get any benefit from it. It would center around Jessa's and Jill's families being adventurous in new situations - visiting a non-Christian college, going to music festivals, dancing, drinking alcohol for the first time, visiting a bar, etc.

That would never happen in a million years, but it's nice to dream.

In regards to a potential spinoff, People seems to be regurgitating the same info TMZ said a few days ago. This show needs to be cancelled. There's no "Very Special Episode" that can make this ick factor go away.

I'm leery of any informant noted simply as "a source," but this article is interesting for other reasons. Calling the family a brood? That's straight-up FJ terminology. It's hard to believe People were leghumpers a week ago.

The Duggars sure are learning that the fame machine can turn its back on you in a fraction of a second.

You can't help but wonder if TLC will keep it one more season or so, with what is all going on; if they did release a few new episodes ratings might pour in just from those who are curious to see how it all is being handled. Just something I have been wondering/thinking about!

I have the same fear. Ratings would definintly be huge. And TLC seems used to controversy about their shows. I hope they just cancel it.

I have the same fear. Ratings would definintly be huge. And TLC seems used to controversy about their shows. I hope they just cancel it.

They need the ad money-

People watched mostly for the oldest daughters anyway, now everything large family has been done. We have seen them prepare food, pack for trips, travel, go shopping, take the kids to the dentist...

I hope that if they do a show of just the married daughters, they are completely comfortable with it, and there are absolutely no privacy violating looks into whatever therapy they will probably need to get after all of this. And of course, Jimbob and Michelle, and obviously Josh are nowhere near it and get no money from it at all.

Although what would the episodes be about? They are just average boring people with boring normal lives, unless they become open to new experiences and they can show them doing things like trying on their first pair of pants, getting drunk for the first time, going to a gay pride parade and being just in absolute shock...

They need the ad money-

As sponsors pull out on an almost hourly basis, there is less and less advertising money on the table.

In regards to a potential spinoff, People seems to be regurgitating the same info TMZ said a few days ago. This show needs to be cancelled. There's no "Very Special Episode" that can make this ick factor go away.

There can't be a "Very Special Episode" because that would require some sort of truth, and this family has shown itself to be incapable of telling the truth. :music-tool:

Don't they still get money from advertising on youtube? Or do you mean random people have posted videos of it on youtube?

It's random people (or at least a few people with a bunch of accounts) who post the episodes. They're full episodes - not clips with commentary - so it's not "fair use", and sometimes they get deleted.

There are quite a few accounts that put up fake "videos", like a still shot, with a link to their spyware website. Usually those are with the newest episodes, but I haven't had issues seeing the real thing on Youtube a few days (I'm in Europe so I'm like a day behind) after it airs... which is kinda funny because I can watch Dr Phil just one hour after it airs in the USA.

Directv has the show pulled from the guide and it's replaced with Cake Boss and Say Yes To The Dress in their spots. Hopefully all cable/satellites will do the same next week.

Truth and Jim Bob Duggar. One of these things does not equal the other. Lol.

I wonder if part of the reason it hasn't been cancelled yet compared to honey boo boo is that I imagine JB has the tightest, most sealed contract possible, whereas I imagine Mama jane's is pretty weak and easy to get out of??

I wonder if part of the reason it hasn't been cancelled yet compared to honey boo boo is that I imagine JB has the tightest, most sealed contract possible, whereas I imagine Mama jane's is pretty weak and easy to get out of??

I'm sure there were lessons learned and eyes opened when the HBB scandal and cancellation went down. JB probably did something to cover his ass even tighter at that time. The sad thing is, if TLC cannot cancel the show do to some sort of legal reason, it's going to be a sad train-wreck.

Why would JB even want to continue the show at this point, aside from the money? Is he that dense to not realize that they are the most hated parents in America right now?

I agree the show is only hugely popular because of Jill/Jessa. I actually stopped watching completely because the sound of Ben's voice makes me ill. That kid is so dense.

Maybe we're get a Diane Sawyer exclusive with some of the older girls? That is if JB ever lets go of the reigns completely.

Archived