IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

I would consider watching the show again IF and only IF they had episodes that specifically and 100% honestly addressed this whole thing. But it will never happen. When do they ever address anything honestly? How many times have they've been asked how they would handle one of their kids kissed before marriage only to answer with what they "teach their kids", not what they would actually do (not to mention that that is now completely blown out of the water). TLC would have some big build up teases to "find out what really happened straight from the Duggars involved" and then it would turn into one huge "special, amazing, precious blessing that God saved him" episode!

No kidding can you imagine them trying to actually tell the truth. Just look at how they reply to the easiest of questions in a circular pattern never actually answering. The more recent one I can think of is when Jessa was asked if siblings were ever jealous of each other. She never answered with yes or no, but took a couple minutes blathering parroted crap then stopping. Everything with these people is convoluted by their cult & their brand. :lol:

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think pulling the show from the line up would be bad for the family. Their way of life and income suddenly dramatically changed and their dreams of their big announcement or birth of their child being an event are gone. I don't see how a bunch of people who have had their whole lifestyle pulled out from under them are going to be happy. And there is the issue of all these adult kids without the skills to support themselves and these younger kids who know no other way of life. Throw in a crazy belief system, some people angry that they are the victims of Josh's actions again, some depressed people, a menopausal mother and it all sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I'm sure if TLC decides to cancel the show and the contract, it will be a drastic life change for the entire family. But the fact that the adult Duggars have little formal education and/or job skills is their parents' fault and would likely have happened with or without the show, except JB probably would have pushed the adult kids out of the nest sooner. Maybe at least they will now allow the younger children to go to a trade school or somehow obtain some helpful job skills. They would never do so for the daughters, because their belief system is that they are supposed to get married and have kids.

Yes, it is going to be a dark time for the entire family. I'm sure JB and Michelle are busy blaming everyone but themselves. I think JB has put a lot of the TLC money in the bank or in various investments. Time will tell if he invested wisely (or not - why was that big home available for Jill and Derick? I think he bought it as a foreclosure but hasn't been able to flip it yet). He has a lot of items he can sell, like their huge bus, some of the excess ranch equipment, etc. Back to truly "buying used and saving the difference."

Honestly, the best thing for those kids is to get out of the fakery business and learn to live in REALITY. It had to happen sometime, and I believe this will help set them free from their parents' oppression and allow them to heal and live their own lives. They will be all the better and stronger for it in the long run. If any event in life truly brings them closer to God, the show's cancellation will be it.

Quite frankly, I think the show should've gone off the air years ago.

Regardless of what happens now, the show will end sooner or later. It will not go on forever. Even if they do specials for births/marriages, that will not be a regular thing.

I don't see a problem with the show ending sooner rather than later, and frankly, I think it'd be good for the victims to not have to go through all this publicly.

We always knew the show ending was going to go badly for the kids. We just didn't really estimate HOW badly...

Yeah, I agree with all of this. The show at this point can't go on and I also don't see any specials for future births or marriages. I think TLC might cut ties completely with the Duggars. The Roloffs from Little People, Big World had their own scandals and Kate and Jon's scandals. In my opinion, this Duggar scandal along with the Honey Boo Boo scandal beats the Roloffs and the Gosselins scandals. TLC has done specials or reboots of LPBW and the Gosselin shows. The Duggars are probably going to be hated more than the Roloffs or Gosselins and I cant' see TLC wanting to deal with public hate if they give the Duggars specials or spin-off shows in the future. I think there is good chance that we won't see a Baby Seewald special or Josiah courtship/wedding special, in the future.

As we all know finacially the Duggars will be fine, if the show is canned. There is chance that Josh and Anna may suffer more in a financial sense than Boob/Mullet and the rest. Josh and Anna are probably going to eventually face the other issue of the unpaid taxes.

Boob is smart about money and he probably socked away a lot of what was made from the show, speaking gigs, some of the book royalities, etc. The Duggars lifestyle will change in the sense that there won't be a lot of traveling and the kids may end up being encouraged more to go to college or trade schools. Boob's other businesses not related to the show might suffer.

So, now that the show is pulled (Cancelled?) do you think that the film crew (who must know some real dirt on the Duggars) have a gag order on what they know - or maybe they have a non disclosure clause in the contract - will write a tell all book?

I saw the show where the crew tells about dealing with the kids and they've become attached to at least some of them. But I'm willing to bet that some of those kids are hell on wheels. And it would be interesting to hear just what the hell Michelle does all day besides check to see if she ovulating.

I have always wondered this. She doesn't: clean; cook either breakfast, lunch, or dinner; give her kids baths/get them dressed/take care of them/etc; homeschool the kids, or go grocery shopping. What on earth does she do all day??? I have a "large" family by many peoples' standards (four kids), am a SAHM, and I am on my feet from dusk till dawn doing all of the above and am always incredibly busy, exhausted, and often have chores and things left undone at the end of the day because I run out of time. What does Michelle do if not any of those things? That's always the one thing I've wondered and that has bothered me.

Im surprised they still havent canceled. .

they canceled honey boo boo, they didn't renew Cheer perfection. .

its crazy how 3 recent shows have child sexual abuse

**cheer perfection wadon TLC, one of the moms had sex with a young teenage boy, while they were in hiatus I believe. .I dont remember them making a statement. They just quietly canceled it..

also the day after the mom was arrested, one of the co owner & and head coach along with another coach got busted for weed at 1/2am...

I bet if this was the Jersey shore or Party down south, or A house wife show they probably stay on. Cuz on those shows getting arrested is a story line for 2 seasons

We can still snark on the BATES and now the Willis Clan . Is it weird that they have 2/3 kids with the same J names as the Duggars ? They are religious, but they say they arent any particular DeNomination..

Anyways the Willis are kinda Vague when it comes to Dating Rules and Beliefs. . They Were discussing Dating rules but failed to mention if the kids were Dating/Courting anyone. . But the next episode the oldest boy proposed to his GF .. i loved that the girl said "so u want to knwo if we are weird and arent allowed to Date?!" What a Dig @the duggars lol

Nashville would be perfect, I could show them around!

Nashville would totally be perfect to introduce them to society. Not too wild (unless you really want to be). Solid church communities with friendly people. Cracker Barrels all over the darn place... perfect. We can set them up in Belleview or by Vanderbilt. Or out towards the country if that's more their style.

I like it. I'm in.

Man, I bet Jessa is maaaaad that Josh has likely screwed up her birth special.

I just read on TMZ that TLC is considering continuing the show without Josh. Big Mistake in my opinion.

At first, I was happy to hear the news.

But after thinking it over, this new doesn't bode well for the actual cancellation. When the HBB scandal broke out, cancellation was announced immediately.

This sounds like TLC taking cover while the storm is at its worst and waiting for it to blow over.

I have always wondered this. She doesn't: clean; cook either breakfast, lunch, or dinner; give her kids baths/get them dressed/take care of them/etc; homeschool the kids, or go grocery shopping. What on earth does she do all day??? I have a "large" family by many peoples' standards (four kids), am a SAHM, and I am on my feet from dusk till dawn doing all of the above and am always incredibly busy, exhausted, and often have chores and things left undone at the end of the day because I run out of time. What does Michelle do if not any of those things? That's always the one thing I've wondered and that has bothered me.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a reason her and Teri Maxwell are friends. Michelle probably spends a lot of time in her bedroom with a migraine.

I 1000% believe the show won't be cancelled. The Duggars are a cash cow for TLC - no way are they letting them go!

If this has shown us anything, it's how delusional the leg-humpers actually are and just how scarily many of them there are! TLC are waiting to see if there's enough of them to make the show viable.

I predict a special episode in a few months time to deal with this whole saga, after which normal service will resume.

:shifty-kitty:

Regardless if the show get cancelled right now or if they try to continue it, it will never be the same. Yes, there are some delusional leghumpers, but with them alone, TLC can't make good ratings.

Also, the Duggars credibility has just gone down the drain for good. If they ever try to make stupid robocalls again or speak out against gay or womens rights, most people won't take them seriously anybody.

Regardless if the show get cancelled right now or if they try to continue it, it will never be the same. Yes, there are some delusional leghumpers, but with them alone, TLC can't make good ratings.

Also, the Duggars credibility has just gone down the drain for good. If they ever try to make stupid robocalls again or speak out against gay or womens rights, most people won't take them seriously anybody.

Yeah, if the show doesn't get canceled and it returns, there will be a ratings drop. Duck Dynasty wasn't cannned by A&E, but they did experience a ratings drop. DD is still bigger cash cow for A&E than 19kac is for TLC because of merchandising and the DD family has always been more marketable than the Duggars. I think this scandal Josh beats the DD scandal of Phil making racist and homophobes comments to GQ.

I also agree they aren't enough delusional Duggar leghumpers to make for good ratings if the show returns. There are/were a lot of Duggar viewers that aren''t necessarily delusional, they just didn't know too much about the Duggars' beliefs/ATI connection and these viewers geniuely wanted to believe that everything was always happy in Duggarland. Now, they are seeing that it wasn't the case and they could be digging more into the Duggars' background, beliefs, and ATI connection. I think a lot of mainstream Christian people were watching 19kac won't watch the show, if it returns.

Some of the fundie/fundie lite faction of the Duggars' fanbase, aren't cable or satellite subscribers. Zsu is in that category and she said buys episodes of the show from Amazon Instant Video and I'm sure some fundies do the same.

Lots of their viewers are people who watch the show for snark and shock factor - but what happened is beyond shocking.

Some people made comments about how now certain things that were said/done by Josh and others now seem to have a new meaning, but when I tried to watch the show to confirm for myself, I had to turn it off after a few minutes because I was too disgusted.

Maybe TLC is hoping that by the time the new season is supposed to start, people won't feel so strongly about everything.

I think that TLC may be testing the waters to see what people would think about continuing the show without Josh. Personally, I do not see how a cheesy show based on being a wholesome non-threatening family can continue in the same vein as though nothing had happened and no way will they suddenly dig deep and The show will be less reality than we already know it is. Plus, all the ATI/Gothard madness we have talked about for years is suddenly being discussed in the media and people are looking at the Duggars in a new light. It would be hard for TLC to continue on as though nothing has happened. No one cares anymore about Jill cooking a special meal for Derrick or who gets their wisdom teeth taken out. All people will see is a cover-up of child molestation. The show could survive an affair, drug addiction or something ultimately non-threatening. Most shows do. Not an act that is seen as vile and repulsive to the vast majority of the sane population. Before, most people either never heard of the Duggars or just knew jay they would not stop breeding. People didn't care about them. Now everyone knows them and not in a positive light. There is no way to spin this that would make it acceptable to continue the show to the majority of the population. How would the Duggars promote the show? They will no longer get fluff interviews on the Today Show. Reporters will ask the same questions we want to ask because not only is it expected but viewers no longer care if Michelle will push out number 20. It will be hard to preach modesty as a family virtue when you did little to protect your children when you found out one had molested the others.

Hindsight is 20/20; it seems like everyone (including TLC) knew this was going to surface.

Josh buying a house in Arkansas, TLC introducing us to the Willis Clan (another fundie {fundie lite?} homeskooling{although, they are more qualified to homeskool} who play instruments {not like the screeching violins of the Howlers} and were even on America's got talent & preform at the GOO on the regular.

I watched 2 of the Willis episodes and frankly there was just too much singing for me (although, I do dig their bluegrass style, steal pedal and mandolins.) But frankly it was too much like Glee for me. (I watched the first two episodes of that show, and there was far too much singing in it for me.. I guess it is more suited for my 13 year old girls, although my 13 year old didn't like it either)

Canning the Duggars sets the stage (to turn a phrase) for the Willis clan to stay in the TLC line up. (Whom I may or may not watch, but fast forward over most of the music. Because, hey, a fundie Glee is still a fundie Glee)

I worry so much for all of those kids. Who really knows all that has happened in that house of horrors. I do feel like this is just the tip of the iceberg. What happens when the cameras go away? I said it before and I will say it again (and the leghumpers are kind of validating it by their wingnuttery comments) the Duggars will continue to further shelter their children and sink deeper in the Gothard wormhole... Cry persecution and hey god. god gave smuggar forgiveness.

I hope hope hope that the girls KNOW this was in no way their fault. I hope Derek and Bin have enough sense to take their wives and RUN! (and take the other girls with them!!!) oh PLEASE FSM, please, you are their only hope.

:fsm:

I don't think there is any way they will be able to keep this show going. What would new episodes look like? There is no way they can avoid this topic all together, and there is no way the Duggars will be able to handle it eloquently enough on camera to possibly get any material out of that. People will NOT be happy if they film the aftermath and it's more of Jim Bob and Michelle talking about how everything's fine now because Josh is forgiven.

I think with Honey Boo Boo in their recent past, they'll just have to be that much more careful. It is one thing to be a network associated with trashy TV. It's another thing completely to be a network associated with now TWO cases of child molestation. I think in the long term, they'd rather save the network than squeeze a bit more money out of 19 Kids for the next year or two.

I wonder if the adult girls could even get a show on a different network? I wonder what their contract looks like, especially in the context of an unusual circumstance like this potentially leading to the dissolution?

TLC seems determined to find a way to rebrand the show without showing Josh on camera, which is ridiculous. He may not be featured but he'll definitely still be behind the scenes and involved in their family life. Plus, the whole family's lies and coverup over the years, orchestrated by parents of the year Jim Bob and Michelle, are now being exposed and completely discredit the wholesome family image they've been selling. That includes the now adult girls who continue to play along with the charade for the money. While I have compassion for them as victims of their parents and Josh, they are adults now and I do hold them accountable if they try to continue this fakery on national tv. This family needs to go off the air for the betterment of society as well as their own welfare. TLC obviously is not going to take the higher road, but hopefully the mainstream viewership and corporate sponsors will force their hand to do the right thing.

There is no way the Duggars are coming back. TLC has already taken them off the main page and replaced them with the Willis Family (8 girls, 4 boys - all starting with J names, LOL!) - I truly believe that TLC has washed their hand of the Duggars. Even on the 19KAC part of the site, they have a one line on white about the scandal. TLC is DONE.

My money is on TLC turning all their promotion to the Willis family, who they are pitching as a musical family - like a mix between the Partridge family and the Duggars (well, you know...how the Duggars used to be perceived)...

It's like a whack-a-mole - one down, and another pops into its place...

I'm sure if TLC decides to cancel the show and the contract, it will be a drastic life change for the entire family. But the fact that the adult Duggars have little formal education and/or job skills is their parents' fault and would likely have happened with or without the show, except JB probably would have pushed the adult kids out of the nest sooner. Maybe at least they will now allow the younger children to go to a trade school or somehow obtain some helpful job skills. They would never do so for the daughters, because their belief system is that they are supposed to get married and have kids.

Yes, it is going to be a dark time for the entire family. I'm sure JB and Michelle are busy blaming everyone but themselves. I think JB has put a lot of the TLC money in the bank or in various investments. Time will tell if he invested wisely (or not - why was that big home available for Jill and Derick? I think he bought it as a foreclosure but hasn't been able to flip it yet). He has a lot of items he can sell, like their huge bus, some of the excess ranch equipment, etc. Back to truly "buying used and saving the difference."

So, what would have they have done if they were never on TV? There must be other fundies out there who have the zillion kids with no education that have to cope with living on whatever income they've had.

Jimboy would certainly have socked away most of that money since just about everything but their every day living expenses was paid for by TLC. They can stop buying paper plates and eat off dishes that you have to wash for a start on saving $$$, cut down on buying pregnancy tests and hair spray too

They must have insurance that will pay for mental health counseling for the kids that need it.

Lets say the edit Josh out and have minimal Jim Bob and Michelle, the show is going to end up being heavily scripted. I worry how many extra "takes" the kids will need to get the script or wording right. The stories would have to steer away from purity, religion and the past. It is also hard for them not to mention Josh especially if he is back in Arkansas. Jordyn might slip up and say "I played with Mac at Josh's house yesterday" or when Jessa has her baby Will they say this is the 6th grandchild. Usually Michelle would remind us like we are 3 year olds in her baby voice. I have 6 grandchildren, 4 are from my oldest son Josh, one from Jill and now one from Jessa. Or how scripted would Josiah's courting be, they could not flashback to Josh courting or talk about when their first son courted. Plus too much courting, saving kisses and hand holding talk will get a backlash.

What storylines could they have? Jill has a b-b-q with her buddy team? Jessa getting the nursery ready? Ben looking for a real job? Jason (or whoever is next) gets his permit to drive? and again whenever they repeat stories like driving, braces, finishing homeschool , Michelle always brings up each kid that did this before, so will she stop talking about Josh or say 8 older kids got a permit instead of 9?

If the plan is to take Josh and his family out and keep the show running, I honestly do not think the Duggars will want to move forward with the show. They will feel that he is being persecuted and see it as unfair. I think the Duggars would then decline continuing on. Didn't Duck Dynasty say something similar when Phil Robertson was suspended? That the family didn't feel comfortable continuing on the show without him?

They can't avoid questioning from fans or the public. Rape and molestation is the worst thing you can do. Society hates child molesters and rapist. People are already putting two and two together. Look at home strict JimChelle is with dating vs the Bates. Josh is hardly on anyway. But the damage is done

Archived