IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/tlc-pul ... sh-duggar/

"TLC has pulled the plug on its long-running reality show, “19 Kids and Counting,†over revelations that stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up their son’s molestation of his sisters and other girls.

The network has canceled all airings of the program from its schedule after Josh Duggar – the eldest son of the 21-member evangelical Christian family – admitted this week to “inexcusable†actions 12 years ago, when he was a teenager."

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pulling scheduled airings =/= cancelled. I'll get excited when TLC makes a statement.

Exactly. Duck Dynasty got pulled and came back as soon as the controversy wasn't as hot.

Sorry about giving false hope or potentially spreading false rumors! I read the word "cancelled" and got all excited.

Oh, man, I was wrong. There is a God.

You just made this atheist laugh out loud at work. Thanks! :lol:

Finally. Though I never thought in my wildest dreams it would end like this. Always thought the show would limp to the end but it's totally going out with a very big but very pathetic bang.

Yeah, I could see the Total Loser Channel putting it back on the air. If only Mama June had been churched enough, she probably would've been put back on too. WTAF?!?

Fingers still crossed for the gravy train to end though.

In my mind, the best solution would be to continue a show (under the 19 Kids and Counting name or otherwise) that sill includes the older daughters. IMO, they shouldn't lose their main source of income because they were victimized by their brother.

Thank god, thank god, thank god. Even though it's not officially cancelled yet, if they start losing sponsors and the story doesn't die out quickly, it could be the beginning of the end.

Its over if sponsors are pulling out. Michelle and Jim Bob are so deserving of a shameful end, so very deserving. Why did they fixate on having more and more children, 10 after their daughters were molested, even after it became obvious that making your older children raise the younger ones was an epic fail? Josh clearly needed more parenting, they all did after this happened. Instead of focusing on their children, Michelle accepted her Mother Of The Year award and concentrated on the numbers. Because God?

It's better for the kids to learn to live in the real world early on. They will ride the wake for a while but it will get real soon enough.

Not to be glib about it... but I don't think you can compare this to Duck Dynasty. Molesting your sisters is WAAAAAAY more frowned upon than being a racist homophobe. It takes a special kind of person to support family incest.

They're probably running down the list of kids they know the public likes and seeing what shows they can pitch with them. Expect Jill & Jessa to pick up some personal endorsement deals soon too.

If there is any justice in the world, Michelle will give back that Mother of the Year award... or at least pass it to Jana.

What year were the documentaries first filmed? I thought it was around 2006 but I couldn't find the dates. If that's the case I find it odd that TLC/Discovery didn't get a letter like Oprah did or at least find out about the police investigation.

Yeah, I could see the Total Loser Channel putting it back on the air. If only Mama June had been churched enough, she probably would've been put back on too. WTAF?!?

Fingers still crossed for the gravy train to end though.

I've been trying to think of a new, more appropriate name for this shitty excuse of a network all week. You so nailed it. Thanks for the laugh!

Not to be glib about it... but I don't think you can compare this to Duck Dynasty. Molesting your sisters is WAAAAAAY more frowned upon than being a racist homophobe. It takes a special kind of person to support family incest.

They're probably running down the list of kids they know the public likes and seeing what shows they can pitch with them. Expect Jill & Jessa to pick up some personal endorsement deals soon too.

If there is any justice in the world, Michelle will give back that Mother of the Year award... or at least pass it to Jana.

I agree with everything you said here. I wish the girls would get their own deals, so they are not financially punished for being victimized.

ETA: Though in reality they have no financial autonomy so the money would just go back into the JB's pocket. :angry-banghead:

In my mind, the best solution would be to continue a show (under the 19 Kids and Counting name or otherwise) that sill includes the older daughters. IMO, they shouldn't lose their main source of income because they were victimized by their brother.

The girls weren't going to be supported by the gravy train for the rest of their lives. It was going to end sooner or later. Right now those girls need to NOT be in the spotlight since they need privacy to deal with this. Joy might not even have memories of this, and so this might be new to her. It's not uncommon for young victims to repress the memories. A new show based on those girls would basically be a "let's watch for the victims to crack" show.

Oh, man, I was wrong. There is a God.

No just media types seeing no more money to be made. If there was a God then Josh and JimBob's penises would fall off.

What does this mean? Is this a sign that the show will get cancelled for good? Or does TLC just try to duck and cover while planning to bring it back once the public shitstorm has died down?

I don't want the main show to come back. And I also think that Jill & Derrick and Jessa & Ben would be better off if they could just raise their families without cameras. Derrick already has a decent job, and now Ben could get one too, if the two of them are willing to further educate themselves, they will be able to provide for their families. Unless they really choose to have 19 kids, which I honestly doubt at this point.

The show I want to see (once the girls have had a chance to deal with all of this) is "New adventures: Jana, Jinger and Joy move to (insert a liberal town) to go to college (a real one that is)."

Having a show of their own would give them the financial independence they need.

The girls weren't going to be supported by the gravy train for the rest of their lives. It was going to end sooner or later. Right now those girls need to NOT be in the spotlight since they need privacy to deal with this. Joy might not even have memories of this, and so this might be new to her. It's not uncommon for young victims to repress the memories. A new show based on those girls would basically be a "let's watch for the victims to crack" show .

I did not think of it that way. You are right. They deserve to heal in their own way without a million people gawking at them.

Edited to fix bold. First.day.typing.

The show I want to see (once the girls have had a chance to deal with all of this) is "New adventures: Jana, Jinger and Joy move to (insert a liberal town) to go to college (a real one that is)."

Having a show of their own would give them the financial independence they need.

Hey TLC - I know you're reading here - MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Archived