As someone raised by a mother who had some control issues, I can say that only an extraordinarily independent and tough-minded young adult would have the strength of will to vacate the premises. Hell, my sisters and I all were college educated and employed, and none of us had the guts to leave until we were married (at 20, 28, and 26).

And I agree about Bob just putting up with all of this shizz because he doesn't want to stir up the pot of crazy. My dad was all for my living away at college, but mom would have none of it.

Oh, definitely. In a picture Erika posted to the FB page of her and him on a Date Night (more M&Ms for Karen and Melanie!), Erika's in full-on *beam* mode, whilst Bob looks kind of weary/wary (both could fit). She's posted other pictures like this before, including the infamous one of her and Bob in a canoe, where Erika is again in full-on *beam* mode, whilst Bob is in the back looking really miserable.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha she is often in *beam* mode. That smile of hers is so aggressive. I've also decided that the L twins are her favorites. She always writes about them as though everything they do is so sweet and precious, her little muffins. Whereas the teen girls just need to get with the program already. The boys aren't talked about as much. The oldest boy is strange looking, so short. Then another boy has very unfortunate ears. Poor kids.

For fucks sake, I get so sick of hearing people comment on the appearance of fundie children. It sucks enough that they have assholes for parents without having someone on the net prattling on about them being "strange looking" or having "unfortunate ears". You know what's unfortunate? That an adult would be shitty enough to call a child's ears "unfortunate".

Sorry, I can be pretty shitty. Free jinger is where I come to be honest and I honestly don't find all kids cute. I Don't want to offend though, I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

Not finding then cute and calling their features unfortunate are two different things...

To me, it's not 2 different things. I meant he has huge ears and it's not cute. I used poor words. I am sorry. Off to the prayer closet with me!

Change of topic: I was reading some of her blog posts again, and I am horrified.

She and her husband were struggling financially, but she got *tired* of NFP and quit? (When she conceived Karen)

[

I also looked up their house following the clues they left on their blog. The county they live in must be one of those that only counts the square footage that is above ground. There is a sketch located under the "improvements" tab that shows the square footage of each level. The basement is divided into two sections, and we know from her blog that one of them is their garage and that the other section has the children's bedrooms and bathroom in it.

If we assume the slightly larger section of the basement is the living space portion, then her house has 1520 square feet of living space. Not ideal for such a large family, but much better than 1028 square feet.

Edited to add: After thinking about it, I think the basement living area is actually the smaller section, so the total square footage would be 1506 instead of 1520. Sorry for the error. :embarrassed:

This makes complete sense. On Zillow, the house next to theirs is listed as 1505 square feet but it appears to be the identical house. It was on Zillow as a rental, and not from the county data (as the Shupe's is), so the person handling the rental likely included the basement area in the square foot count. As an interesting aside, the pictures of the neighboring house show what seems to be a baby grand piano in the living room, along with a couch, loveseat, and what looks like a TV... talk about cramped! Makes the Shupe house look spacious!

1500 square feet is still a small place to house 11 (soon to be 12) people, but it is a lot better than the 1100 Erica brags about.

*Warning: brutal truth ahead*

Every time this thread gets bumped, I can't help but wonder if someone is reporting that Erica has had a miscarriage. Sounds like she's had 2 since the twins were born, and when you factor in her age, it's not at all unlikely that she'll have another.

I had 2 when I was in my twenties, and it kind of pushed me into the "we'll just wait to make an announcement" camp. I understand not everyone feels that way, but it just feels strange that she announced it to so many people as if it were a sure thing.

I miscarried before my kids were born, but had we had more kids I would definitely err on the side of waiting to tell them until I was relatively certain the pregnancy was viable. I just wouldn't want them to have a big build up for a big let down.

*Warning: brutal truth ahead*

Every time this thread gets bumped, I can't help but wonder if someone is reporting that Erica has had a miscarriage. Sounds like she's had 2 since the twins were born, and when you factor in her age, it's not at all unlikely that she'll have another.

I had 2 when I was in my twenties, and it kind of pushed me into the "we'll just wait to make an announcement" camp. I understand not everyone feels that way, but it just feels strange that she announced it to so many people as if it were a sure thing.

I miscarried before my kids were born, but had we had more kids I would definitely err on the side of waiting to tell them until I was relatively certain the pregnancy was viable. I just wouldn't want them to have a big build up for a big let down.

I agree with you completely. Announcing when she was only a month along, nearly 44 years old, and having at least 2 other recent miscarriages was setting everyone up for disappointment. Frankly, I will be shocked if she carries this baby full-term... for the baby's sake I hope I am wrong, though. BUT... Erica is a narcissist to the highest degree and announcing at the big Mother's Day celebration gave her the 'look at me' attention she thrives on. She wasn't about to let that opportunity go by.

I am a mean person but Erica Shupe needs no more children in that Hamster Cage of Horrors. She just does not need or deserve any more. She is a rotten apple and is crushing the souls of the ones she already has. I don't wish her harm but I do not wish her well (h/t to Beb and latraviata).

Ask and ye shall receive.

Oh wow! I've come up with a post count label! *beam* *sorry*

Oh wow! I've come up with a post count label! *beam* *sorry*

*sorry for quoting myself*

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Shame I have to wait till 350 posts. Oh well, another 291 to go...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Happy atheist, you are really on a roll with all of these new user titles. Excellent. :D

Looking at the pictures of her house, my god! The boys room is like a prison cell. In fact I'm sure actual prisoners have more room and more interesting cells. Can you imagine growing up in a room where the only thing in the room is beds and one tiny box fan? Heart breaking.

Her house looks like a lot of the home photos posted by other fundie bloggers-- dull colors (mostly beige) no art on the walls except scriptures and family photos. So sterile.

Believe it or not, both kids' rooms are about 9x10. They are just each configured a little differently. Way too small for my taste, but as the window meets egress requirements for everything except the distance from the floor (should be no higher than 40" and this looks closer to 48") it's OK. She makes sure to mention that there is a 12 inch gap between the bed and the window so it's safe. :roll:

The exercise stuff/stroller room and the kids closet are in one bay of the garage and the mud room is in the other so you need to tack on another roughly 500 feet to whatever the official number is. Keep in mind that square footage does not typically include entryways or hallways or closet type areas.

If you go simply by the frame of the house the gross square footage is approximately 805 s.f on the upper level and 770 on the lower level. The difference is due to the upper level cantilevering out beyond the lower level on one side. So total gross square footage is roughly 1575. Still tiny in my mind, but converting her garage into living space gives her a 25% bigger home than she claims.

Not only is she a crazy, controlling freak, she is also a liar, liar, pants skirt on fire freak.

Believe it or not, both kids' rooms are about 9x10. They are just each configured a little differently. Way too small for my taste, but as the window meets egress requirements for everything except the distance from the floor (should be no higher than 40" and this looks closer to 48") it's OK. She makes sure to mention that there is a 12 inch gap between the bed and the window so it's safe. :roll:

The exercise stuff/stroller room and the kids closet are in one bay of the garage and the mud room is in the other so you need to tack on another roughly 500 feet to whatever the official number is. Keep in mind that square footage does not typically include entryways or hallways or closet type areas.

If you go simply by the frame of the house the gross square footage is approximately 805 s.f on the upper level and 770 on the lower level. The difference is due to the upper level cantilevering out beyond the lower level on one side. So total gross square footage is roughly 1575. Still tiny in my mind, but converting her garage into living space gives her a 25% bigger home than she claims.

Not only is she a crazy, controlling freak, she is also a liar, liar, pants skirt on fire freak.

Tut tut, Erika, ignoring the 9th commandment. Go back and read your Bible, heathen. :nenner:

Is anyone else finding that her blog is missing?

It's still working for me.

Tut tut, Erika, ignoring the 9th commandment. Go back and read your Bible, heathen. :nenner:

Oh dear. Sounds like somebody isn't going to pass the good person test. :lol:

ETA: I'm now hitting the Pearls with plumbing line. :cracking-up: My secret career aspirations have been fulfilled.

Make sure you put www in front of the URL. her blog doesn't work unless you do that.

Erica has a favor to ask. Could you please join Scamaritan and mention her name so she can get a credit? It'd be a real financial blessing *peaceful smile*. Paying your babysitter in jellybeans gets expensive ya'll! *sigh*

I am loving the replies. Most of them are like: "Sorry, but no." Too expensive, doesn't cover much of anything (including well visits, preexisting conditions, mental wellness)...but what's not to love, amIright???

I am sure Scamaritan really appreciates your help getting the word out Erica! :lol:

Erica has a favor to ask. Could you please join Scamaritan and mention her name so she can get a credit? It'd be a real financial blessing *peaceful smile*. Paying your babysitter in jellybeans gets expensive ya'll! *sigh*

I am loving the replies. Most of them are like: "Sorry, but no." Too expensive, doesn't cover much of anything (including well visits, preexisting conditions, mental wellness)...but what's not to love, amIright???

I am sure Scamaritan really appreciates your help getting the word out Erica! :lol:

So I get it, the ACA is evil and should be avoided.

:roll: :roll:

I believe the law could be better written and in their haste to pass a plan, Congress made a few mistakes (medical device tax, mandatory maternity coverage even on post-hysterectomy women, etc.) But why would the fundie alternative plan take out what is arguably the two best benefits of the bill: free preventative care and no exclusions on pre-existing conditions.

Archived