IGNORED

Raquel won't date you if you can't handle butchering animals

ari_belle

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol look how not dating they are.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The guy looks a lot like one of my friends from college.

Weird.

Why is anyone letting her go back after the way she was last time. Im sure her flirting with the orphanage's teen boys breaks pretty much every ethical standard any mission group ever would have.

Will the other, prettier Raquel be there too?

I really hope so just so Raquel will be annoyed but have to pretend to be all godly and happy about seeing her.

How long until this not-boyfriend gets dumped in a flurry of passive aggressive blog posts?

As hilarious it is to hope that Other Raquel will be there to ramp the passive aggressive awesomeness up, I'm also concerned about the boys. Are they so starved for labour that letting their wards get pawed by poverty tourists is their only option? Otherwise they don't know, or know and don't care.

Raquel wrote a poem that is clearly for her new not-boyfriend. She wants to always be beside him. Watching him. Touching him. She wants to be cup of tea that touches his lips, the bed he sleeps on, the blanket he cuddles.

I don't understand the last part of the poem:

And with those desires, you pledge to do whatever it takes to win those as your trophies, as the target.

And you will accomplish it by reminding yourself that they are the arrow.

You are merely the wind

So the guy is the arrow and Raquel is the wind blowing him about so she can be the source that brings the "gasp of breath from their lungs."?

I don't understand why they can't just date, like normal? She isn't from a "courting" family, nor is she "playing the field," so to speak, so why can't they make it official? It's idiotic.

Signed,

Someone who has periodically dated her best friend for a good 15 years. And everyone knows when we're dating/banging. So we don't even bother trying to hide it.

16 Things You Need To Know About Dating a Girl Who Writes

itsjustraquel.com/2015/06/16-things-you-need-to-know-about-dating.html

And then more recently:

Recently, I was thinking back over a few things I had said that 'I would never do'. But that was a while ago. And I have since done them. Such as, hold hands with a guy (before we were engaged), worn a skirt above my knees, said a cuss word, driven somewhere alone with a guy, not washed my hair for a week (don't freak out; I did rinse it.), and walked barefoot, but forgot to wash my feet before crawling into bed.

The other day, I was thinking about a certain one of these and started [mentally] beating myself up about how it was something I thought I wasn't going to do, or that I was going to 'wait for'. And why didn't I? What was I thinking?

But then some practical part of my brain told me to calm the heck down and I heard it ask 'Was it really that wrong?'

Why was I freaking out?

Why was I beating myself up about this?

Why was it so important to me?

It wasn't a life and death matter. It was simply a change of view. A change of heart. A difference between the me of a few years ago, and the me who I have become.

Are they officially dating?!

Or did they just get more physical than she planned?

More importantly, why do I care?!

And did we know that her ask.fm is back up and active?

ask.fm/Itsjustraquel

And then more recently:

Did she hold something other than a hand???!

Did she hold something other than a hand???!

Oooooh, thank you for this. I needed that laugh! :lol:

And then more recently:

Damn it feels weird to say this, but go for it Raquel. Make up your own mind and let go of some of the fundie rules, its not a big deal. More fundies should do this. So, erm....well done, I guess?

Damn it feels weird to say this, but go for it Raquel. Make up your own mind and let go of some of the fundie rules, its not a big deal. More fundies should do this. So, erm....well done, I guess?

:text-+1:

For serious. And, while she's at it, she can let up on the restrictions she has for the men, too.

I hope they made out and I hope it was amazing.

And maybe with that release of sexual/emotional tension she won't feel the need to be emotionally inappropriate with the orphanage boys. I hope..

Wow, most of the questions on her ask.fm thing are things we all say. Like...

What do you have against guys who play video games? My brother is a great husband and father and he loves games. If his wife had made a list like yours she would have missed out on an amazing husband and father. High standards are one thing, unreasonable ones are another.

I meant, 'unreasonable' amounts of time playing video games... Glad your brother is such a great husband and father!

People questioning her high standards for guys, telling her off for not giving credit to songwriters when quoting song lyrics, and questioning her advice on mental illness and self harm. I hope some of the questions do give her pause, and that she reconsiders or at least questions subjects she has blithely mouthed off on in the past.

I hope they made out and I hope it was amazing.

And maybe with that release of sexual/emotional tension she won't feel the need to be emotionally inappropriate with the orphanage boys. I hope..

She's definitely made out before this guy.

(And by "definitely," I mean "that's what I think based on nothing but her online presence." :embarrassed: )

It might just be because I have a hard time imagining that someone could sext and not make out...

Why is anyone letting her go back after the way she was last time. Im sure her flirting with the orphanage's teen boys breaks pretty much every ethical standard any mission group ever would have.

Not to mention, why are they letting her lead a team? Won't this be only her second trip? I can't imagine her having enough experience to lead a team.

If she had been a typical fundie who had been raised to believe all these things, I would be more on the "Go Raquel!" team. But she wasn't. All these "rules" she followed were self-imposed because it got her the most attention and, she thought, would land her a husband. IMO she is dropping them, not because she truly had a change of heart about deeply held beliefs, but because they didn't get her the attention and husband she wanted. So she is just switching to other things that she believes will gain her attention and a man.

Archived