IGNORED

Raquel won't date you if you can't handle butchering animals

ari_belle

I think that Guy 1 was that guy who she used to hang out with all the time and whose blog was The Anonymous Antagonist. I think he was a Calvinist too, but he wasn't homeschooled. I can see it being a huge deal to Raquel if he wouldn't admit that homeschooling is always superior to public/private school. He also was huge action movie fan and I bet that would annoy her. He was really into Raquel.

I just realized that she doesn't have a link for her "Guy's Point of View" posts. I know he was one of the first guys she interviewed and I was trying to find it and I can't it.

Ha! My son was interviewed for those too. :P

He was written about here, but I guess you guys didn't snark on him too bad because when she asked if a girl should go to college he said "Why shouldn't she? "

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who's seriously creeped out by this?

I just rewatched and yes, I agree it's creepy.

I feel like it must have been invented by the man who recorded the sexy talk. :lol:

He was written about here, but I guess you guys didn't snark on him too bad because when she asked if a girl should go to college he said "Why shouldn't she? "

I think I remember that answer. :lol: She did interview one or two guys who came off as normal. It always seemed like these interviews were attempts to figure out the best way to get a man.

I think I remember that answer. :lol: She did interview one or two guys who came off as normal. It always seemed like these interviews were attempts to figure out the best way to get a man.

Raquel must give off serious bunny boiler vibes, because she is an attractive girl when she isn't mugging for the camera. I'd've expected somebody so good looking to be beating off interested parties with a shitty stick, so her brainwrong must shine through even brighter in person than online.

I think that she might have a mindset where not being the prettiest and most talented person around feels like abject failure. Hence not liking Racquel for being competition for the best looking girl at the orphanage, and getting so hurt by Boy 2. This also might explain why she didn't read the obvious signs that he wasn't into her: she didn't want to think that Boy 2 could ever reject her, for any reason.

I can see some commonality between her and me at just below her age: I hope I was never quite as narcissistic, flighty and irresponsible, but I was certainly quite as naive. [i was in a slightly similar situation to Boy 2 once, so I am on her side for that]. But I left home, studied a tough course, and worked actual real jobs, so I went from being an immature 17 year old to an appropriately mature 21 year old in the years she's spending sat on her ass blogging and taking fully paid for holidays to fondle orphans.

Ahh, Raquel. Thanks for bringing her back onto page one!!

Personally, I can't blame her for being turned off by bad grammar. Now, I don't give a hoot about a text or any other quick personal communication, but if someone is presenting themselves poorly on social media, through a letter, resume, or any other written word, I really would be bothered by consistent errors.

But, of course, if that were just her one quirk we wouldn't be snarking on her.

Raquel doesn't realize it, but what she wants is a D/s lifestyle. I don't think that she wants the flavor that includes violence, I can't see her in a S&M relationship. However, the only relationships I know of that are even close to her list o'demands are D/s where the man/husband is a collared sub and their particular kink is the sub living a life of service, making sure Princess Dom doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to do.

I wonder how this sheltered girl would feel if someone told her the place to go for that kind of relationship is fetlife?

Oh my gosh.

Still reading the post and comments here, but...

When I saw this thread title, I thought that meant Raquel wouldn't date a vegetarian ( :roll: ).

But no. She won't date you unless you will actually butcher your own meat to eat.

That's, like, five times the eye roll of the first one.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think Raquel has a hard time finding men who are willing to date her so she makes up crazy rules why she can't find a man good enough to meet her standards. Guys, it's not that no one will date Raquel, it's that no one is GOOD ENOUGH for Raquel.

I think Raquel has a hard time finding men who are willing to date her so she makes up crazy rules why she can't find a man good enough to meet her standards. Guys, it's not that no one will date Raquel, it's that no one is GOOD ENOUGH for Raquel.

She seems to be a fairly attractive 20 year old who hangs around with lots of guys. She must come off as crazy controlling in real life if she can't get any of these guys to date her. I do agree that these rules are a way to act like she is the one rejecting tons of guys, not guys rejecting her.

Raquel has now blogged about things you can never say to her. It is like she is trying to make people hate her.

~you can never say you are bored. If you say that you are probably one of those people who play video games. Raquel used to Tweet things like "I'm bored. I need a man to snuggle me." all the time. This is another case of she being allowed to do something but no one else in her life can.

~don't ever tell her that life sucks because if you do you are the one who sucks. Sometimes life does suck. It isn't all puppies and kittens.

~don't act like it is never your fault. It isn't like Raquel ever does that. :roll:

~Don't ever tell her your family is weird.

Raquel has now blogged about things you can never say to her. It is like she is trying to make people hate her.

~you can never say you are bored. If you say that you are probably one of those people who play video games. Raquel used to Tweet things like "I'm bored. I need a man to snuggle me." all the time. This is another case of she being allowed to do something but no one else in her life can.

~don't ever tell her that life sucks because if you do you are the one who sucks. Sometimes life does suck. It isn't all puppies and kittens.

~don't act like it is never your fault. It isn't like Raquel ever does that. :roll:

Looks like she's been hanging out on Buzzfeed.

formergothardite wrote:

onlyme wrote:

formergothardite wrote:

ari_belle wrote:

Knowing that Raquel is a staunch Calvinist, I'm guessing that could be what she and that guy she "didn't date" disagreed over...just a thought. The way she talks about it makes it sound like it was a doctrinal issue. But then again, if it were a doctrinal issue, I don't think she would have obscured it at all. Perhaps it had something to do with kissing before the wedding day or her sexual purity b/c of all those nasty sexts...

I think that Guy 1 was that guy who she used to hang out with all the time and whose blog was The Anonymous Antagonist. I think he was a Calvinist too, but he wasn't homeschooled. I can see it being a huge deal to Raquel if he wouldn't admit that homeschooling is always superior to public/private school. He also was huge action movie fan and I bet that would annoy her. He was really into Raquel.

I just realized that she doesn't have a link for her "Guy's Point of View" posts. I know he was one of the first guys she interviewed and I was trying to find it and I can't it.

I have a friend who made a list even more specific than this when she was about 20. It included things like he must sing to her and have a tenor voice. He must like specific sports teams. He must never wear white tube socks. And so on and so forth.

She is approaching her 44th birthday and has never been on a second date because no one every measures up to all of it. Somehow, she still talks about what her wedding will be like and what she will name her children. It is all approaching the edge of delusion at this point.

May I thank onlyme's son for his intelligent answer, and congratulate him on his lucky escape from Miss Raquel's dating aspirations!

Onlyme wrote:

Raquel does have enough nice boys-her-age that like her. She isn't desperate, for sure. She flirts like crazy and then acts shocked when they like her. I kind of worry about her. You know those girls that don't like guys that are "too nice" and then go for the one that is handsome, dangerous and treats her like crap?

I can see that. I also think it goes back to a lack of boundaries and desperation to find a man. If she flirts a lot and then pulls the shocked holier-than-thou bit then boys (nice or dangerous) may be utterly confused by her. She also seems to be more interested in the romantic fantasy than working at a relationship with a boy she knows.

Looking back at her "Love Story with Jesus," it's a lot more about the 3 boys who broke her little heart back in 2012 than it is about Jesus. The same 3 that she is still perseverating about. Taking a trip down memory lane here, but what I notice about all these three "relationships" is that she doesn't seem to know them IRL. Raquel likes to sext fantasy figures and then gets scared when they misinterpret her intentions. No, the guys don't seem like saints but Raquel does have some responsibility here.

Excerpts because it is amazingly long and wordy:

I’m sixteen. I thought I had my next three years planned out before me. I would meet a guy this year, get married by the time I was 18 and have my first baby at 19. Sounded like a good plan.

Totally unrealistic plan.

I joined a Christian homeschooling social network that I knew a few friends were involved in. I even knew a married couple who had met on it and needless to say, it pique my interest. Maybe I’d meet some awesome Christian guy and the first step of my plan would be set!

Said the spider to the fly.

Within a month or so of being a part of this website, I started communicating with a guy through the direct messaging system. He had contacted me first and told me what a beautiful young woman I was and how I seemed to have so much of what he was looking for in a future wife. He was very bold and full of compliments for me. And of course, my young, sweet sixteen heart was flattered and excited at the notice I was receiving from him.

Guy 1. All internet contact and proposals of courtship and marriage. Parents had a fit, not surprisingly. So she proceeds to secretive sexting with this guy

In my innocent, naive little mind, I had no idea what some of the words and phrases he said to me meant. But once it got a little more detailed, I tried putting together bits and pieces of it. It shocked me a bit at first. But my first argument to my conscience was ‘We’re not doing any of this in person, so it’s not that bad.’ This was my second mistake.

How God ended this ‘friendship’ was by me, one day, telling this guy about a certain doctrinal view I had. He strongly disagreed with me and the next thing I knew, he had deleted me on Facebook, blocked me on gmail and his phone, and cut off all communication with me. The WAY he did it, though, made me know that it wasn’t just because he disagreed with my doctrine. It was because he had lost interest in me.

She wanted a fantasy relationship with this guy. Perhaps he wanted to move onto real sex. The doctrinal difference? Pffftt.

We now move on to Mr. Needy-Possessive but "just a friend." She is sexting again. It is not even clear whether she met either of these boys in person. I would have dropped Mr. Needy-Possessive too if he started hurling insults at me if I failed to respond quickly. He sounds nasty, but this is Raquel.

And it wasn’t until a few months later, that another guy starting taking advantage of my friendship just like the first one had. Except this guy didn’t talk to me about actually starting a serious relationship. He was ‘going through a lot’ and ‘needed comfort from a true friend’. And how could I say no? I’m a very caring, trust too easily sort of person (or should I say, ‘I was’?). This guy, though...went a lot farther than the first one had. And soon, I knew this was something that I either had to tell him to stop or just completely cut off communication with him. But I didn’t. And I had two ‘reasons’. 1: I didn’t want to hurt him. And 2: I was addicted to it. None of this was happening in person so why should I be so concerned. I didn’t really love this guy.

So we move on to guy #3. Mr. I Want a Bit on the Side.

Then one day, I got an email from a friend on Facebook. He’s the son of a very large homeschooling Christian family, good-looking, has a lot of the same interests as I do. I was flattered he would even talk to me. We started casually chatting every few days. And then one day, exchanged phone numbers. I don’t even know why or how actually. But we switched from emailing to texting. At the time, he was in a relationship with a girl. But within a week of he and I talking, he told me that she had been putting a lot of distance between them and he didn’t know what was wrong. He came to me for a lot of advice regarding their relationship and I was happy to try to help him out.

More likely scenario: Raquel is flirting wildly with this guy and sexting with him hoping to grab him on the rebound. Sounds like Fundie Royalty and Raquel's dream husband. Again, has she ever met him IRL?

I felt like he and I were both in need of someone to ‘be there’. I was slowly working my way out of the addiction to sexting [so she was sexting with this guy too] with the previous guy ‘friend’ and he was in the middle of a break up. We gained comfort from each other. But that comfort quickly turned into something else.

Sounds like Raquel was sending very explicit messages.

The first time he made any sort of hint to wanting something sexual with me, I jerked back, reminding him that he was still in a committed relationship. ‘She’ll never know,’ he said. ‘And besides, she’s not giving me what I want.’ He might as well have added, ‘but you can’ to the end of that sentence.

If you fling yourself at a guy and sext with him, why he might actually think that. But he is a jek for wanting to cheat on his girlfriend.

Again, pity took over and I couldn’t say no. I tried to not give in too much. I just let him do all the texting. I sat and read his replies and would text back short little phrases. I felt I was justifying myself by not exactly ‘participating’ in any actions. And if he was staying happy, then that’s all that mattered, right?

Oh, blimey. It is all the guy's fault and soft-hearted Raquel cant say no. She later says she "didn't know that she could." While this might be true in some cases, Raquel has already said no to the other two boys.

So this carries on for 6 weeks. Huge secret from all around her that she is trying to pry the boy away from his previous relationship.

This continued for about a month and a half. We talked almost all day, everyday. During that time, I lied to my family and some of my closest friends.

Finally, I decided I could try asking for some help. I wouldn’t tell anyone exactly what was going on, but I needed advice. Two of my best friends (A and E) knew something was going on. So I told A (a guy friend) that ‘someone’ had started talking inappropriately to me, and what should I do about it?

None of this is poor innocent Raquel's fault. She finally claims to have dumped him by email and tells her parents. Oh, the drama. It goes on for pages. I know she was only 16, but I knew better at 16.

This girl has some serious issues. She is still fixed on these relationships that happened three years ago! She should have been able to put them behind her and moved on. Why is she still rehashing them today? I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for Raquel.

I have a friend who made a list even more specific than this when she was about 20. It included things like he must sing to her and have a tenor voice. He must like specific sports teams. He must never wear white tube socks. And so on and so forth.

She is approaching her 44th birthday and has never been on a second date because no one every measures up to all of it. Somehow, she still talks about what her wedding will be like and what she will name her children. It is all approaching the edge of delusion at this point.

That's sad. It's great to have standards, but life is not a Hollywood movie. The "perfect guy" is not going to come along just as you're resigning yourself to being single forever and solve all your problems.

What is it with Raquel and gamers? I get that gaming isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there's a difference between saying you don't like gaming and disparaging everyone who does (or, indeed, who considers it valid to do so). Do you think one of the boys she !dated played Call of Duty when he was (she thinks) supposed to be paying attention to her?

That's sad. It's great to have standards, but life is not a Hollywood movie. The "perfect guy" is not going to come along just as you're resigning yourself to being single forever and solve all your problems.

He's not just going to be perfect and solve all her problems, he is going to show up out of thin air. When people have offered to set her up, she refuses because she doesn't want to "get in the way" of this mythological prince charming finding her in the destined way. Most of her social life consists of going out in the kinds of large groups of single over 35 women that men won't go near. Apparently, that one special guy who loves the Packers and the Yankees and has never worn a tube sock is just going to wander up to her front door one day and announce his presence.

Does anyone else think that the person who said Raquel's advice kept her from hurting herself is perhaps Raquel herself? I didn't read the whole thing but there was an eleventy part ask.fm where someone said that she asked advice from Raquel about hurting herself and Raquel reminded her that it is worldly and she needs Jesus and so she didn't hurt herself.

Does anyone else think that the person who said Raquel's advice kept her from hurting herself is perhaps Raquel herself? I didn't read the whole thing but there was an eleventy part ask.fm where someone said that she asked advice from Raquel about hurting herself and Raquel reminded her that it is worldly and she needs Jesus and so she didn't hurt herself.

Heck yeah, she would totally hump her own leg! She probably has an elaborate set of sock puppets stroking her own ego in an attempt to appear like she is some sort of guru.

What is it with Raquel and gamers? I get that gaming isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there's a difference between saying you don't like gaming and disparaging everyone who does (or, indeed, who considers it valid to do so). Do you think one of the boys she !dated played Call of Duty when he was (she thinks) supposed to be paying attention to her?

My DH is gamer. He goes through spells where he doesn't play much, and then he'll be playing just about every waking hour. You know what? There are definitely worse things he could be doing. At the end of the day, it doesn't bother me. (Maybe because I'm an introvert). It gives me a chance to be alone and do something *I* want to do. If Miss Raquel wants her space, she needs to date a gamer. He'll give her all the space she wants while still being *rightthere*, lol.

When I was in my early 20's, in the height of my church-going day/true believer days, I made a list of things I was "praying for" in a man. I don't really remember what was on it; it was handwritten, maybe the length of a journal page (it was in my prayer journal, naturally.) I do remember that all the spiritual stuff was prioritized, but I don't remember what else was on there. Pretty basic stuff, like that he needs to say "I love you", have a job, remember my birthday... :lol:

Anyway, at some point I stopped attending churches and praying like that and I tossed the list. As any student of foreshadowing knows, I eventually met someone I was deeply compatible with and we married after about 18 months of courting dating and, after about 9 months, living in sin. He died recently, but my years with him were the happiest of my life. And, being that he was not a religious dude, he certainly wouldn't have matched the list.

Thing is, I would have known it was right, list or no list, but I may have second guessed myself if I actually could look at a list that didn't match up with Mr. Womb. I've always been glad that thing became kindling for a nice winter fire.

When I was in my early 20's, in the height of my church-going day/true believer days, I made a list of things I was "praying for" in a man. I don't really remember what was on it; it was handwritten, maybe the length of a journal page (it was in my prayer journal, naturally.) I do remember that all the spiritual stuff was prioritized, but I don't remember what else was on there. Pretty basic stuff, like that he needs to say "I love you", have a job, remember my birthday... :lol:

Anyway, at some point I stopped attending churches and praying like that and I tossed the list. As any student of foreshadowing knows, I eventually met someone I was deeply compatible with and we married after about 18 months of courting dating and, after about 9 months, living in sin. He died recently, but my years with him were the happiest of my life. And, being that he was not a religious dude, he certainly wouldn't have matched the list.

Thing is, I would have known it was right, list or no list, but I may have second guessed myself if I actually could look at a list that didn't match up with Mr. Womb. I've always been glad that thing became kindling for a nice winter fire.

My college roommate had that sort of list, too. I think it was quite the fad in evangelicalism 20-25 years ago (though single friend is Catholic). Beyond the list, she had all these very detailed plans about how she and future husband would decorate the house, spend their anniversaries, watch certain movies together, and what not. She did get married and they have seven kids (not QF and no longer evangelical...they just want a lot of kids). But the house is not decorated like she planned and they don't like the same movies and he doesn't want to spend anniversaries the way she planned when she was 20 and didn't know him...and sometimes she is just vaguely dissatisfied with her marriage. Right before I got married, she announced to me that "it won't be like you planned, everything will be different". I just wanted to say "well, I didn't make a bunch of specific plans in a fantasy world in my head, so I think we'll be okay."

My husband is nothing at all like anyone my 20 year old self would have dreamed up. And I'm glad for that.

Raquel's newest post is 31 ways to know if a guy likes you.

2. He doesn't have a preconceived idea of a 'perfect woman' or have ridiculously high levels that a woman must meet before he decides to pursue her.

So guys can't expect a perfect woman or have really high levels but Raquel can. No wonder nobody likes her.

Even if he doesn't have the same interests as you, he'll still do things with you because he knows they make you happy or they're important to you. And he'll actually make an effort to enjoy them.

He has to fake interest in her hobbies but god forbid he has a hobby she doesn't like.

He is willing to be humble, own up to when he has been wrong, and apologize. But even if he wasn't wrong, he will attempt to not argue and make both of you more angry, but instead will have self-control and know when to be silent and when to speak. And if the situation turns out the way he said it would, he won't rub it in your face.

So she wants someone who will always let her be right even when she is clearly wrong. But then we get to the next one.

He will call you out when you're in the wrong, and not let you get away with whatever you want to.

So he has to have self-control and not argue when he is right and she is wrong but then he also has to call her out when she is wrong?

"How to tell if a guy likes you" seems to have morphed into "Impossibly high and contradictory standards I have for guys." Again.

Archived