IGNORED

Raquel won't date you if you can't handle butchering animals

ari_belle

She's God's Daughter! And Jesus's girlfriend! And she runs her own charity organizations! And she's an amazing singer! And she's a great writer of fiction and non-fiction alike! She's godly and virginal and forgiven!

See, I went to her site and got none of that. She must be a shit writer. Would Gods daughter be such a shit writer?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's God's Daughter! And Jesus's girlfriend! And she runs her own charity organizations! And she's an amazing singer! And she's a great writer of fiction and non-fiction alike! She's godly and virginal and forgiven!

You forgot the bit where she's an abolitionist who's a Confederate at heart and doesn't care where her chocolate and coffee come from.

You forgot the bit where she's an abolitionist who's a Confederate at heart and doesn't care where her chocolate and coffee come from.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I totally forgot that part!

OH! And she "loves on" vulnerable teenage boys in developing nations for Jesus!

Seriously, who is this person and why does she think I care about her thoughts?

The best way to describe Miss Raquel(she used to call herself that) is that she is an extremely spoiled young woman who is very religious when it suits her and very worldly when it suits her. No one loves Raquel as much as she loves herself. Her parents seem to give into her every little whim. Raquel likes to think she is way more special than any other person her age. She can't ever admit that she acts no different than an average 20 year

Also, she once wrote a story with a magical penis ferret.

Fictionals! :lol:

Trouble in paradise already?

11393107_809426541155_3008813327684512526_n.jpg?oh=1621f3e044b92bcb68abe0d7efca1289&oe=55EF44D3

(Note: The person she retweeted this from isn't her beau. I probably didn't need to remove the name because he seems to be a bit of a public figure on Twitter, but I did just in case.)

I wouldn't be surprised if problems are happening already. Raquel seems like an extremely difficult person to be in a relationship with.

Well her band has their first show tonight. I wonder how it will go.

That was something. :? Where did the fourth band member come from?

ONe of the captions said he is Jacob Voorhies who they thanked for stepping in on the Cajon for us.

I think it is telling that 1) this was not on a stage or a venue of any kind and 2) no one panned the audience to show us who / how many were in attendance.

Instead of being so concerned about band photos, they should focus on practicing. Raquel is not a bad singer and they should consider making her the lead instead of the guy.

Instead of being so concerned about band photos, they should focus on practicing. Raquel is not a bad singer and they should consider making her the lead instead of the guy.

The lead singer guy reminds me so much of my ex-husband when he was younger that it's scary. My ex did have a better voice that this fellow, though.

And hopefully this guy isn't nearly as much of a tool as my dickwad ex.

Yeah...Raquel tends to focus on the wrong things at inappropriate times. Like making mugs and picking band colors before they've even recorded a song. I'm not surprised they've spent a lot of time on band photos and shit.

So... do you think she's made her new not-boyfriend butcher an animal yet, to prove his mettle?

Or is she waiting until they "officially" start dating for that?

https://soundcloud.com/cities-in-silenc ... -moving-on

They aren't half bad, I just don't care for the male lead singer. Raquel sounds better when she doesn't try and sing so high. She can actually sing pretty well. If they stuck to Christian songs I think they could probably make it in the Christian music industry.

They aren't half bad, I just don't care for the male lead singer. Raquel sounds better when she doesn't try and sing so high. She can actually sing pretty well. If they stuck to Christian songs I think they could probably make it in the Christian music industry.

Holy shit. A song pining after an ex-girlfriend who is dating someone else and glorifying her potential/imagined emotional infidelity?!

Turns out the lead singer IS exactly like my ex-- and is probably as much of a dickwad as he is too.

This is actually kind of creeping me out it's so uncanny. The two look alike, have a similar guitar style, and write the same kind of songs.

Holy shit. A song pining after an ex-girlfriend who is dating someone else and glorifying her potential/imagined emotional infidelity?!

Turns out the lead singer IS exactly like my ex-- and is probably as much of a dickwad as he is too.

This is actually kind of creeping me out it's so uncanny. The two look alike, have a similar guitar style, and write the same kind of songs.

I didn't actually listen to the whole song the first time. I just skimmed through. I listened to it now and if they were going for sweet and romantic they missed the mark. I get his part is about him pining after the ex-girlfriend and wanting her to fall asleep thinking of him, but what is Raquel's part supposed to mean?

I didn't actually listen to the whole song the first time. I just skimmed through. I listened to it now and if they were going for sweet and romantic they missed the mark. I get his part is about him pining after the ex-girlfriend and wanting her to fall asleep thinking of him, but what is Raquel's part supposed to mean?

I think the two song characters are having an emotional affair.

It's very romantic, don't you know.

Egads, those vocals. Not the worst I've heard, but that guy really can't quite hit the mark, pitch-wise. Neither can she. It drove me nuts, because they were always off by the teensiest bit.

I listened to the whole thing with a critical ear, how I would listen to a potential band for a record label. I think it was bad. The pitch was off and the guy on the guitar had too much excess noise in the beginning...the guitar playing sounded juvenile. They need voice lessons and better production. And with that image, they'll never make it in the industry. Yes, Christian music is part of "the industry." And as sad as it sounds, the big guy is killing the sexiness necessary to succeed. So are Raquel's outfits.

They're not completely hopeless, but they need to revamp their image, take voice lessons, and put in much more effort during production. They probably have no idea the kind of money it takes to be successful, and record labels nowadays won't sign you if you're not all there. You have to make it happen for yourself, or have a shit ton of money.

Source: I'm on a record label and I just got a record deal with another label. I know my shit.

(But let's be real, the real reason it will fall apart is because Raquel will realize that her new non-boyfriend won't butcher an animal.)

Edit: There soundcloud has the following description: "Cities In Silence is a Punk Rock/Alternative band out of Portland Oregon. This is our official Soundcloud."

Punk rock? Excuse me? Also, I guess they're not a Christian band...even harder to make it in the industry.

okay, so "punk" = "nasal whine and hefty strumming", have I got that right?

Also, no real cadences.

Why have they got two voices singing EXACTLY THE SAME LINE?

okay, so "punk" = "nasal whine and hefty strumming", have I got that right?

Also, no real cadences.

Why have they got two voices singing EXACTLY THE SAME LINE?

my thoughts precisely...

Archived