IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part Eleventy

Nishi621

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm am new here, lurked for a short time, but new to posting.

The one that makes me saddest is Jennifer. Can't really say why, I don't watch the show. I guess it's just the way her pictures look so sad and lost.

Free Jennifer!

:cry:

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could just be her babying Josie more since she is the last one. Although I was pretty freaked out when Jill and Derrick mentioned it being cool for Jill and Michelle to be pregnant at the same time. :pink-shock:

I thought that was weird but then really what was their other option. We all just kinda of go with things or say a platitude, or just say something someone else wants to hear sometimes and they KNOW Michelle and JB are dying get pregnant. :mouse-shock:

It's not like she could have said "Well, thank God that I get my first pregnancy without having to share it with you" (ala Anna).

Jill and Jessa are probably still figuring out how to make toast for two.

So, I'll throw this one out here because I'm Bitter Betty, table for one: How many here think that Jill and Jessa can't do fractions? I'd say they can't read at all, but they're probably reading far below 8th grade level. Considering the fact they both have a laptop or iPad, there are simple cookbooks available on Amazon.com, THOUSANDS of recipes available for free online, cooking tutorials on YouTube, bla bla bla, and they still can't cook?

Really?

So, I'll throw this one out here because I'm Bitter Betty, table for one: How many here think that Jill and Jessa can't do fractions? I'd say they can't read at all, but they're probably reading far below 8th grade level. Considering the fact they both have a laptop or iPad, there are simple cookbooks available on Amazon.com, THOUSANDS of recipes available for free online, cooking tutorials on YouTube, bla bla bla, and they still can't cook?

Really?

So far other than getting pregnant, I'm not seeing anything that the Duggar married women are particularly skilled at doing- either inside or outside the home.

I am not surprised. I doubt Michelle spent any time mentoring, teaching, coaching or guiding those girls. It was all about the quickest, easiest way. Cooking was opening various cans and dumping into a large pan and baking for an hour at 350. Remember when Jessa scoffed at GM Mary's comment regarding having to measure ingredients when you bake...as she dumped ingredients into the bowl willy-nilly. What an idiot. How about cleaning? Remember all the dirty feet? Dirty feet walking on counter tops- I doubt they mopped the floors much. Can you imagine the bathrooms? Egads. I remember the little boys having no sheets on their beds, just blankets for a covering at night, and wearing street clothing to bed. No gardening or canning, and I doubt the 3 Rs where high on anyone's priority list.

You know how you get involved in a hobby or make a complicated dinner how you are tired? I bet that's why the Duggar's never took any interest with this. They have to be available at any time. Can you image all the work and time that goes into a proper garden or canning up your produce! Too much time and energy for the Duggar's!

I thought that was weird but then really what was their other option. We all just kinda of go with things or say a platitude, or just say something someone else wants to hear sometimes and they KNOW Michelle and JB are dying get pregnant. :mouse-shock:

It's not like she could have said "Well, thank God that I get my first pregnancy without having to share it with you" (ala Anna).

What made me side eye that exchange was the fact that Jill seemed to genuinely mean it. The kid basically lit up when the idea of her and her mother being pregnant at the same time came up. She lit up in that episode the same way she lit up in one of the first specials when asked about her mother's pregnancy (she was what, like 11 or 12?). I honestly think Jill is the creepiest one of them all. My first thought was "are these two HIGH right now?!?"

Jill actually grates on me worse then Jessa. Jessa is queen bitch, but at least she is owning it. Jill strikes me as quietly manipulative. The way her courtship/pregnancy seemed perfectly timed to undermine everything Jessa was doing seemed kind of intentional. Like she just had to one up her. In fact, she might even be too dim to realize she is doing it, but the end result is all the same. She might just be the one who is MOST like Michelle.

In an earlier episode they showed last week Jill was probably 12-14, They were talking about the sex of the baby. Jill said she wanted a girl, but it would be cool if it was a boy because they would have 10 boys and 5 girls, half and half, she quickly realized she messed up but didn't know the proper answer.

This may seem weird, but how much was Jim Bob involved in potty training the boys? IMO when possible males would benefit from the guys being more involved . If there were no dad around it may be different, but Jim Bob is around. It goes to show you how rigid they are with gender roles.

Re;Measuring

I dont measure if I am used to the recipe and if not when you've cooked for so long you know what 1/4 looks like vs 1 cup. Besides, our greatgrand mothers added a pinch of this and dash of that.

Re;Measuring

I dont measure if I am used to the recipe and if not when you've cooked for so long you know what 1/4 looks like vs 1 cup. Besides, our greatgrand mothers added a pinch of this and dash of that.

Yeah. But a) cooking and baking are two very different things. You have to be pretty accurate in baking. And b) Jessa can't cook for shit, so really, she shouldn't be eyeballing anything. Maybe she'd actually produce something halfway edible if she followed a recipe for once.

When I homeschooled, it was challenging at times to keep going with subjects my child struggled with. It's much easier on any given day to say okay let's read rather than keep going over this math. This child later chose to get a GED and he attended classes to prep for the test.

What I'm saying here is I do not believe the Duggars pursue any sort of rigorous, demanding education. I agree they seem to be the kind of people more likely to take the easy way out (in contrast to the Willis Clan, who push themselves to achieve high standards, at least in fitness). I know some got GED's but what I'm saying about this is that you don't actually have to have a high school equivalent education, you can get test prep which can help you pass the test.

One of the benefits of school is that somewhere along the way, you are going to be challenged outside your comfort zone. A math concept, an English paper, a history project - at some point you are going to have to push yourself to do something that does not come easily in order to make a grade or pass a class. The Duggars never do this. Duggar time rules their world.

There is seriously no reason for the Duggar girls to not be experts in homemaking. They should be able to whip up a decent dinner with little effort - being a homemaker is literally all that was ever expected they would be. It's is beyond ridiculous for Jessa to have no cooking skills. However it does look like JB&M have successfully launched a second generation of lazy, inefficient resource suckers in Ben and Jessa.

I agree with the poster a few posts up. Baking and cooking are completely different. With cooking, you can do a dash of this and a pinch of that. But if you don't measure accurately when baking, things won't come out right at all.

So I'm on vacation in Demark right now and I turned on the TV and 19KAC is on. The episode where Jill visits Derick in Nepal. I've seen this ep but my fiancé hasn't and he's brining the snark.

Some highlights... "Who is BIn?"

When Michelle was talking to Jessa in the cafe "Is she fucking serious?"

And my favorite. When Derick and JB were trying on Nepali clothes, JB said "Hola" when he entered the shop and the Danish subtitle only said the Danish version of hello. So the Danes missed out on his lack of cultural respect :lol:

I've noticed that in the last couple of seasons, the show wranglers have concocted more plotlines where the kids are told to say or write something nice about Michelle, like in the episode where Jill gets the deluxe bridal treatment and they are all writing things they like about Jill. Jessa writes that Jill is wonderful "like our mother" (although it's possible that she was being snide), and there have been a similar incidents in a couple of other episodes.

In an older episode, the younger kids were asked the same question and they all struggled. The best they could come up with was Michelle feeding them or letting them hang with the Bates family. Jana was the only one who actually defended Michelle and said she was a good and loving parent.

Has anyone seen the People article about Michelle's Mother's Day plans? She goes on about how great it is to be pampered and not have to worry about meal planning and cooking. Really? Because I'm pretty sure that is every day for you.

Michelle must think the entire world is daft. Even the leg humpers know she doesn't parent those kids. They're just too busy humping to say it.

I've noticed that too, especially in the last few episodes. I remember Jana saying something about wishing her parents had been there for Josie's seizure and then quickly making an excuse. I was thrilled she even said it at all.

I think that's just a plain t, a maxi skirt, and a sweater?

There was an episode when Josie was in hospital and they were in Little Rock, Jenny went and asked him for a change, and he commented about how that meant she was ready for potty training. It cut to one of the older girls saying that they were late with her due to the upheaval of the move.

But by the time the series kicked in (Michelle pregnant with Jordyn), Jackson would have been two and anything about potty training would have been lost in season 1 with Josh and Anna courting, a pregnancy and introducing the Duggars to the masses.

He showed with Jennifer that he's aware of it, it was implied that it was left to the big girls to push, so how much he actually did is unclear...

I was searching for info about the "19 Kids..." reunion show and I found this on tvguide's website:

Erica Hill interviews the Duggars, who share their thoughts on family, marriage, babies and recent courtships

"recent courtships :think:

Sorry if this has been posted.

I'm just watching the birth episode and when they were hunting for Josie's crib, there were air mattresses in the cupboard. Or what I assume is a cupboard.

Anyone else see it and think that's where they shove the extra little girls who don't have beds?

At first the idea of that seemed awful, but that would be the most privacy any of these girls have ever had.

Archived