IGNORED

Duggar and Bates Pairing..TLC or UP

sunshine

If there is ever a Duggar and Bates pairing, which show will host their wedding and courtship? TLC or UP? Or, will there be a bidding war? :popcorn2:

TLC. Much wider market and it's all about the $$$. Carlin and Josie Bates with Jed and Jer Duggar. All four kids seem really warm and fun, plus Jed and Jer are by far the most attractive Duggar men and the Bates girls are so lovely, no reason for any Bates girl to end up with a frumpy Duggar guy.

TLC. Much wider market and it's all about the $$$. Carlin and Josie Bates with Jed and Jer Duggar. All four kids seem really warm and fun, plus Jed and Jer are by far the most attractive Duggar men and the Bates girls are so lovely, no reason for any Bates girl to end up with a frumpy Duggar guy.

The Duggar men age fast - Josh looked great when he was the twins age, he even looked good when he married. Joseph and even JD were nice looking kids too. I wouldn't count on the twins keeping their looks.

I am of the belief that there will not (please god) be an Uggar/Bates pairing. I just finished watching last night's episode of Bringing Up Bates and observed the Bates kids when asked that question. Even though they named names and were laughing about it--their tone seemed to take on a "yeah right expression. Kind of like an eye roll! I may not be a fundie, and I just cannot process that fundie ideology. However, I get the impression that the Bates family are far more tolerant of other people outside their circle of cult. I enjoy the way the Bates kids interact with each other. I believe it was Tori who mentioned something about if the other kids didn't like her cooking then they can cook for themselves. Also, Kelly seems to be feeding the family healthier food than the Uggars.

Now. IF and I say IF there were ever to be a Bates/Uggar pairing, I would have to say that TLC would be following it. Why? Because Jim Bob would bully Gil into guild. i.e. he would remind Gil that is was Jim Bob who first gave the Bates family their notoriety. Presently, I would say that Jim Bob is keeping a close eye on "Bringing Up Bates" ratings. I definitely could see JB being threatened in the future if the Bates' popularity takes off--and I'll be it does--they just seem more human than the Uggars.

I am of the belief that there will not (please god) be an Uggar/Bates pairing. I just finished watching last night's episode of Bringing Up Bates and observed the Bates kids when asked that question. Even though they named names and were laughing about it--their tone seemed to take on a "yeah right expression. Kind of like an eye roll! I may not be a fundie, and I just cannot process that fundie ideology. However, I get the impression that the Bates family are far more tolerant of other people outside their circle of cult. I enjoy the way the Bates kids interact with each other. I believe it was Tori who mentioned something about if the other kids didn't like her cooking then they can cook for themselves. Also, Kelly seems to be feeding the family healthier food than the Uggars.

Now. IF and I say IF there were ever to be a Bates/Uggar pairing, I would have to say that TLC would be following it. Why? Because Jim Bob would bully Gil into guild. i.e. he would remind Gil that is was Jim Bob who first gave the Bates family their notoriety. Presently, I would say that Jim Bob is keeping a close eye on "Bringing Up Bates" ratings. I definitely could see JB being threatened in the future if the Bates' popularity takes off--and I'll be it does--they just seem more human than the Uggars.

As is often pointed out around here: the Bates are kind of forced to be more open because they don't have the monetary means of controlling their kids the way the Duggars do.

The Bates have it far easier than the Duggars because the Duggars have been in the limelight with their weirdness for so long and have taken all of the direct cultural heat. At this point, the world is familiar with the way these families do things so it doesn't seem quite as crazy as it once did. The Bates have never experienced the level of cultural wrath that has been hurled at the Duggars, and all of the Duggar kids have grown up with that. It must be a weird life to be so cloistered and on one hand have the red carpet treatment wherever you go and on the other hand have the internets hating on you.

If ever there was a Bates/Duggar union (I hope not) both networks would air the story from their different angles and the Duggars would give interviews for UP and the Bates would give interviews for TLC.

I don't think it will happen, but if it does....they need to televise it in 3D on Halloween. That's the thing nightmares are made of.

I don't think it will happen, but if it does....they need to televise it in 3D on Halloween. That's the thing nightmares are made of.

But, ironically, the Duggars and Bates don't celebrate Halloween...because it's EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL :twisted:

Archived