IGNORED

Mrs. Pecan Thief gives up sleep for her man!

IReallyAmHopewell

David already knew Josh (he called him to find out how to reach Priscilla's father) and was already Gothard's assistant before courting Priscilla. I think the marriage just "firmed up" the relationships.

Honestly, I think Pris is just the Charlotte Lucas to David's Mr. Collins.

He needed a wife. Any wife. And she was the first/only suitable woman who would have him.

Their other connections are icing on the cake, but the real attractiveness of either party for the other was that they were suitable and willing.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Anna assumed that Pris was secretly in love with David because she talked about him a lot? I do think she was in love with him or at least she had a crush on him. But like previous poster stated, David just chose her because she was available and she wouldn't make hardly any trouble as a wife.

Didn't Anna assumed that Pris was secretly in love with David because she talked about him a lot? I do think she was in love with him or at least she had a crush on him. But like previous poster stated, David just chose her because she was available and she wouldn't make hardly any trouble as a wife.

I think she was "in love" because he asked to court her.....or looked at her.....or said something to her... or was male and in ATI/IBLP....or..... I feel so sorry for Prissy

i feel sorry for Pris, too. Even if she would admit that she's unhappy she'd blame herself.

She does have great hair, but if she did a tutorial she would be mentally and verbally all over the place. Think about it.

"And one thing I LOVE to do with my hair when I get out of the shower is to wrap it in a BIG fluffy towel, and God made cotton for towels, and the Snuggle bear made the towels fluffy, which is a prayer of thanksgiving from Jehovah. And then David likes to come up from behind and play 'Bucking Bronco' while I'm in my robe and he uses my fluffy hair towel to hold onto while I breathe in the air of the blessed Jesus and think of the sea that God wants us to see. Oh look, we have mold growing in our shower. I wonder if God made mold to show the world the bad housekeepers, not like Mrs. Duggar, she's the best, most genius woman in the world. Now let's talk about why David likes to come at me with a giant cucumber from our garden..."

:wtf:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously - if you were Prissy wouldn't YOU give up sleep for TFDW? He's so sexy - and dreamy - and smart - and humble - and logical - and knows how to sing WHILE conducting the congregation - and gives his daughters cool names. He's the ultimate dreamboat. I wouldn't mind seeing his Bible on my bedside table in the morning.

Prissy may consider David to be all these things and so much more, but not me! :wink-kitty:

i feel sorry for Pris, too. Even if she would admit that she's unhappy she'd blame herself.

I agree. I can imagine that as they continue on, David will become more and more critical of her, or frustrated by her, I can't grasp the word I want, and poor Pris will spend her life apologising and trying to "do better next time", never really understanding why they, or at least she, isn't as happy as she thinks she should be. Of course, David will reinforce that she and her supposed shortcomings are to blame. And so the circle will continue.

Poor girl. I think she's really sweet, and would been a happy, loving wife to the right guy, but unfortunately she ended up with David.

Isn't it about time for Davy to endure marital relations again? That will do for this year if she conceives, thus freeing to give Robert his full attention again......

Poor girl. I think she's really sweet, and would been a happy, loving wife to the right guy, but unfortunately she ended up with David.

Agree that she could have made a great, loving wife to a guy who really wanted to be married and married to her. I suspect that in that situation she would be far more relaxed and perhaps what is seen as her issues might not be so pronounced.

I wonder if there was anyone who had been interested in her before David who didn't speak up or pass muster with Daddy Keller for courtship. I can't imagine there would have been no interested parties. Because I suspect in fundieland there's a lot of potential courtships shot down and it's never known. A lot of unspoken disappointments / broken hearts have to be out there.

David already knew Josh (he called him to find out how to reach Priscilla's father) and was already Gothard's assistant before courting Priscilla. I think the marriage just "firmed up" the relationships.

Mr. Fancy Pants was probably giving blow jobs to old Gothard in a secret room he has in his office. I wonder if the Waller Family sent FP to the Texas Camp to get reprogrammed away from his feminine side to becoming a Manly Man. I cringe every time I hear DW's name. In my minds eye all I can see is him prancing through the daisy's, basket of flowers in his arms and skipping up the Yellow Brick Road . Its not a pretty site.

Agree that she could have made a great, loving wife to a guy who really wanted to be married and married to her. I suspect that in that situation she would be far more relaxed and perhaps what is seen as her issues might not be so pronounced.

I wonder if there was anyone who had been interested in her before David who didn't speak up or pass muster with Daddy Keller for courtship. I can't imagine there would have been no interested parties. Because I suspect in fundieland there's a lot of potential courtships shot down and it's never known. A lot of unspoken disappointments / broken hearts have to be out there.

She seems tremendously insecure, so I could definitely see that she might have already thought herself an old maid when David came along. Or maybe with her natural insecurities, he just took out enough of his frustrations on her that any ego she may have had disappeared.

This couple is still fairly new to me, but reading his blog is PAINFUL. I find myself shuddering once again at the educational deficit all these kids/kidults seem to have. Priscilla may be sweet enough, but I wouldn't want her educating any child of mine past the age of 5 or so...yet she and David will be homeschooling their brood. Those poor kids.

Mr. Fancy Pants was probably giving blow jobs to old Gothard in a secret room he has in his office.

Now, now -- someone with your screen name should know that Mr. Gothard is mostly interested in feet. I don't think he needs blow jobs for satisfaction -- he has his imagination.

So far, there has only been proof of his interest in women's (well, girl's, really) feet, but one never knows. Perhaps David's feet led him to success in the Gothard organization.

Honestly, I think Pris is just the Charlotte Lucas to David's Mr. Collins.

He needed a wife. Any wife. And she was the first/only suitable woman who would have him.

Their other connections are icing on the cake, but the real attractiveness of either party for the other was that they were suitable and willing.

I halfway agree with this. I think it's true for David but I think Priscilla genuinely liked him and naive/oblivious to any of his attractions.

In my minds eye all I can see is him prancing through the daisy's, basket of flowers in his arms and skipping up the Yellow Brick Road . Its not a pretty site.

Ok, it's good to know I am not the only one, except it's prancing through the pecan grove, filling up the Bible Bee bag, skipping up the rows of pecan trees...

Ok I will stop now.

Ok, it's good to know I am not the only one, except it's prancing through the pecan grove, filling up the Bible Bee bag, skipping up the rows of pecan trees...

Ok I will stop now.

Exactly. This guy writes that the only girls he'd "dated" had been his mom and sisters...and more disturbingly, that at age 3, he had to repent as a helpless, hopeless sinner and turn his life to Jesus. WTF was going on in that house? And with this whole religion? He and Jinger both talk about perceiving themselves as hell-bound at an early age. I suppose Gothard noticed that fear can be an effective form of control and spread it amongst his followers. Such a shame.

Exactly. This guy writes that the only girls he'd "dated" had been his mom and sisters...and more disturbingly, that at age 3, he had to repent as a helpless, hopeless sinner and turn his life to Jesus. WTF was going on in that house? And with this whole religion? He and Jinger both talk about perceiving themselves as hell-bound at an early age. I suppose Gothard noticed that fear can be an effective form of control and spread it amongst his followers. Such a shame.

I remember the "repenting at the age of 3" and would have laughed out loud if it weren't for the :wtf: factor. How in hell would a 3 year old even have the awareness to repent of anything much less know right and wrong? What sins could you commit at that age? Grabbing your sibling's teddy bear? Dropping food off the high chair? That's not just messed up, it's just unbelievable but another scary thought is that you know that these people are not lying, not in their view. They truly believe a 3 year can repent and accept Jesus.

And don't get me started on putting your own mom and sisters in the same category as women you "date". That smacks of the emotional incestuosness (sp) we see with so many fundies.

• 2 weeks later...

Video of Paul blowing out the candles. PT does most of the talking.

Edited to add Easter video

Video of Paul blowing out the candles. PT does most of the talking.

Edited to add Easter video

Say what you will, Priscilla and David make adorable kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, their constant 'blessed to be able to' drives me nuts. They are blessed to be able to do absolutely every single bloody thing.

And, yes, they do have cute kids.

While we're on the Austin analogies it occurred to me that Pris is like Emma when Mr Churchill wants to speak with her and is interrupted. She thinks he's in love with her because there's no other obvious reason for his actions. Having never been in love before she thinks she must be in love with him. I think this is what's happened to Pris. David needed a wife, she was available. Pris thought the only possible reason he would propose was love and therefore decided she was in love too.

I would love for her to meet her Mr Knightly but given her situation that might be too painful. Poor, poor woman.

It is important to remember that these girls are CAREFULLY TAUGHT that they CANNOT pick the right man because they are not WISE like their father. It's really sad.

This is the main problem I have with the belief that husbands are the leaders of their wives. I recently had the pleasure of seeing an FJer spout this same belief! What is going on!

The fundie belief that women are incompetent fools in need of male guidance is more mainstream than I would like to believe.

While we're on the Austin analogies it occurred to me that Pris is like Emma when Mr Churchill wants to speak with her and is interrupted. She thinks he's in love with her because there's no other obvious reason for his actions. Having never been in love before she thinks she must be in love with him. I think this is what's happened to Pris. David needed a wife, she was available. Pris thought the only possible reason he would propose was love and therefore decided she was in love too.

I would love for her to meet her Mr Knightly but given her situation that might be too painful. Poor, poor woman.

I would say you are right. From Pris' telling of her story:

The Lord gave me so much peace that day. This was especially important because I felt like David did not know me at all, and I really did not know David, but I felt total peace that I should just walk through the door that He had given me to begin a courtship with the goal of discerning whether David was the one for me and if I was the one for him. God’s peace flooded my soul as I realized He was the one who had opened this door and He would be the one to lead me as I walked through the door.

A few days later, I realized that my run around the lake may have been my last as a single young lady. Strangely, as I ran, I did not sense or feel emotions of the Lord’s presence as I had so often felt in times before. As I came to my special rock half way around the lake, I was praying for David and for my family, but I did not understand why there was no emotion. I hardly sensed God’s presence at all. It seemed especially odd because I had so looked forward to this last time around the lake before traveling back to Chicago and beginning a courtship relationship with David.

I cried out to the Lord as I headed back to the lodge: “Lord, I know that love is not an emotion! Please show me what you are doing.†Jogging down the road, the Lord reminded me of the road He trod to Calvary. That was certainly not a road of emotion. He prayed three times that, if it was possible, to have this cup pass from Him. However, God so loved the world that He sent His only son to lay down His life for us. True, sincere love is not an emotion, but it is laying down your life. I needed to lay down my life, my plans, my future, my all so that together, we could go farther for God.

This is the main problem I have with the belief that husbands are the leaders of their wives. I recently had the pleasure of seeing an FJer spout this same belief! What is going on!

The fundie belief that women are incompetent fools in need of male guidance is more mainstream than I would like to believe.

FJers come from all walks of life, and the combination of those life experiences and beliefs is what makes it a special place. Just because I want my husband to have a place of leadership in my household does not mean I am an incompetent fool in need of male guidance.

Archived