IGNORED

Mrs. Pecan Thief gives up sleep for her man!

IReallyAmHopewell

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a sad, sad way for that poor

girl to have to live. She deserves, at the very least, to live with someone who respects her. Haven't some of us pointed out that her speech and affect are nowhere near as stilted in video without David around?

There is little doubt in my mind that PT is an emotionally abusive bastard. He almost certainly chose her because he knew he could manipulate her and now he resents her for it.

I can almost feel her helplessness, especially in her more confessional moments. Even her only chance to get away from him depends on him deciding to dump her, which isn't likely to happen unless he hits some sort of mid-life crisis someday and decides to take action.

Poor Pris.

Thanks for the explanation and @whoviana, I'm glad you understood what I meant! ;)

I read the story and am just stunned how they could just walk on to somebody else's property and pick the produce. (Especially in a country where people carry guns...)

And the ending: As we drove down the road, I asked God, “Father, why did you allow that to happen?â€

Now I think that they both are a bit...

Davey has a friend named Robert Staddon. He is married to Kendalyn and actually named one of their kids Sauntina. Robert and Davey are super good friends. I won't comment any further since it offends some posters.

Last week or two weeks ago I watched the Josh and Anna wedding episode (which was on TLC's site) and you see a much more upbeat and happy Priscilla in that episode.

I shudder to think what goes on behind closed doors.

(Note, I never saw David/Priscilla's wedding episode. It was never on Netflix so I have no idea how she was there).

Davey has a friend named Robert Staddon. He is married to Kendalyn and actually named one of their kids Sauntina. Robert and Davey are super good friends. I won't comment any further since it offends some posters.

I'll go there. Someone upthread said, "He almost certainly chose her because he knew he could manipulate her and now he resents her for it."

David did NOT want to get married; he was forced to do so. Priscilla was available. Some of us who've been watching him over the years have concluded that he has some conflict regarding his sexual preference.

And, to be fair, working at GotHard HQ can't be easy these days, with GotHard under fire. Pris wants to be a good wife and mother; David has been forced into something that he probably doesn't want.

Personally, I don't think that David's sexuality has any bearing on the situation. People are not attracted to all members of their preferred gender. He could be totally heterosexual and just completely not attracted to Pris, or bisexual and not attracted to Pris, or homosexual and not attracted to Pris...the bottom line of the issue is not who he is attracted to BESIDES Pris. The issue, very simply, is that it is pretty clear that he is not and has really never been that attracted to his wife.

I mean, I'm heterosexual, and if I was married to David I would have the same issue because I do not find him attractive AT ALL.

Whatever the reason why, David was forced into a marriage with a woman he does not find sexually (or perhaps otherwise) attractive. That is a terrible situation that inevitably leads to a lot of pain and unmet needs on both ends, and instead of confronting the people and things that got him in this situation (his parents, his employer, his twisted faith) he is (IMHO) clearly taking it out on the person least likely to fight back: his wife.

Because, whatever else David is, he is certainly a coward. If he had the ability to stand up for himself at all, he never would have married Pris to begin with.

These two being so public about their sex life makes me think they are trying to say "Look, we fuck, all the time actually, not just one time for each kid!"

Pecan talking about sex with Priscilla is about as convincing as that Family Guy episode (Peter's Progress) where King Stewart III talking about sex with Lady Redbush.

I've only made it half way through this video as it's quite painful to watch.

Does it look to anyone else like David is a ventriloquist and Priscilla is the 'dummy'. The way she's practically on his lap and he's hovering over her staring into her face as she tries to talk.

Last week or two weeks ago I watched the Josh and Anna wedding episode (which was on TLC's site) and you see a much more upbeat and happy Priscilla in that episode.

I shudder to think what goes on behind closed doors.

(Note, I never saw David/Priscilla's wedding episode. It was never on Netflix so I have no idea how she was there).

I think only a part of the wedding was shown on tv, can't entirely remember, but you can watch the whole thing here:

If that doesn't work, just search David Waller on youtube. It's there.

Thank goodness I can turn down my husband for sex without feeling guilty or torn down. David is a bitch. He's self absorbed, and immature. He was force into marriage and probably doesn't find Pris attractive. He's probably not even in love with her at all. I kinda feel bad for Pris because she thinks she has no other choice. Plus it looks like she has some issues going on. David stop blaming your wife for your problems.

I think only a part of the wedding was shown on tv, can't entirely remember, but you can watch the whole thing here:

If that doesn't work, just search David Waller on youtube. It's there.

Bill Gothard's speech is downright creepy.

One of these days I want to see TLC's editing of it.

Personally, I don't think that David's sexuality has any bearing on the situation. People are not attracted to all members of their preferred gender. He could be totally heterosexual and just completely not attracted to Pris, or bisexual and not attracted to Pris, or homosexual and not attracted to Pris...the bottom line of the issue is not who he is attracted to BESIDES Pris. The issue, very simply, is that it is pretty clear that he is not and has really never been that attracted to his wife.

I mean, I'm heterosexual, and if I was married to David I would have the same issue because I do not find him attractive AT ALL.

Whatever the reason why, David was forced into a marriage with a woman he does not find sexually (or perhaps otherwise) attractive. That is a terrible situation that inevitably leads to a lot of pain and unmet needs on both ends, and instead of confronting the people and things that got him in this situation (his parents, his employer, his twisted faith) he is (IMHO) clearly taking it out on the person least likely to fight back: his wife.

Because, whatever else David is, he is certainly a coward. If he had the ability to stand up for himself at all, he never would have married Pris to begin with.

I feel the same way about the Staddons. Kendalyn made it clear she did not want to marry Robert and Robert has never seemed into her, but guess what? Courtship, marriage, babies with weird names. Whether Davey and Robert are attracted to each other or not, neither of these men would have chosen these wives.

I've only read the article because I don't think I can stomach the video. It's so one-sided. David is so wonderful because he forgives her when she makes mistakes. Does he ever make mistakes too, or is he perfect? It's as if she thinks she's not worthy of love or respect, and she's so lucky he will tolerate her. Very sad.

And what's with the idea that she should forgo sleep? Sleep is not a luxury, it's not a want, it's a basic human need.

"Love is giving to other's basic needs without having as my motive personal reward."

How about it, David? Are you giving to your wife's basic need for adequate rest? It can be exhausting to take care of small children. Make sure you're an active parent, and contribute around the house. And let Priscilla go to sleep when she's tired.

I dont understand. Why exactly were they "forced" (as seems to be implied) to marry? I cannot imagine having sex with someone I was not attracted to, at all. How does he find it in himself to procreate with her? Also, while I understand that all.the.baybeezzz is pretty expected in FundieLand, it still baffles me why these people are so willing to procreate child after child with someone they aren't happy with.

I'll go there: These two couples (and their kids) would be much better off if they divorced and then acknowledged themselves and their personal wants. Every single person in those marriages is in obvious denial and is clearly unhappy.

For the record, I am one of the people that thinks Davey and Rob have a thing for each other, not that it matters. I do think they'd make a cute couple. :shrug:

I dont understand. Why exactly were they "forced" (as seems to be implied) to marry? I cannot imagine having sex with someone I was not attracted to, at all. How does he find it in himself to procreate with her? Also, while I understand that all.the.baybeezzz is pretty expected in FundieLand, it still baffles me why these people are so willing to procreate child after child with someone they aren't happy with.

The "forcing" part came in the marriage itself. To give a summary: David openly says he does not want to marry, his family (and possibly others) heavily pressure him to give a name of someone he is interested in and go after her, he doesn't have anyone in mind...then he remembers Pris exists, he gives her name (possibly trying to get left alone), his family openly mock him until he asks Pris to court.

Basically, David, even by his own admission, NEVER would have gone after Pris if he hadn't been heavily pressured.

And people who feel it is their "duty" have been procreating with people they didn't like for centuries. Most noble and aristocratic couples ranged from tolerated to openly disliked each other, but they slept together for the succession. The idea of marriage as more for love and companionship rather than for duty and succession is a bit of a new one, historically speaking.

I feel the same way about the Staddons. Kendalyn made it clear she did not want to marry Robert and Robert has never seemed into her, but guess what? Courtship, marriage, babies with weird names. Whether Davey and Robert are attracted to each other or not, neither of these men would have chosen these wives.

How did Kendalyn make it clear? That's so interesting to me, that she wanted out and was pressured to go through with it. Is that a rumor or was it in print? Wasn't she the one who gave up a nursing career, or college of some sort?

Thanks for the explanation and @whoviana, I'm glad you understood what I meant! ;)

I read the story and am just stunned how they could just walk on to somebody else's property and pick the produce. (Especially in a country where people carry guns...)

And the ending: As we drove down the road, I asked God, “Father, why did you allow that to happen?â€

Now I think that they both are a bit...

I hadn't read this before, and shook my head. Did he expect God to put a hand down to get in their way? Do they understand what free will means? Do they even think they're responsible for their own actions since God should stop them? Looks like they don't know right from wrong in any way.

I was a country kid. General rule was you could pick something up and eat it while walking. If you wanted a bag, you had to ask. My grandparents had almonds and oranges growing, and a lot of time people trespassed. My grandparents wouldn't have minded if people asked, but the trespassers worried them since people who are stealing tend to run when they get seen. And sure enough, a couple people ran, and 1 of them fell and broke an arm, and my grandparents had to pay them.

Wow, prissy sounds very challenged with language, not just the grammar, but also producing the sounds. I mean, this occurs very frequently in children who go through tooth and jaw changes, also the braces could cause troubles, so it's not necessarily a sign of a serious issue. But she sounds similar (though not AS bad) in older videos, so maybe there really is more to it - motoric issues, emotional issues, developmental delays that didn't get fixed on time, what the heck, could be so many things.

Honestly, I'm a second language learner of English and I'm not as troubled and don't have to *think* that much. I also hear other second language learners talk each and every single day at work, and prissy sounds an awful lot like the medium-proficiency learners in some moments. I mean, of course she has no accent, but the way she thinks about the next words, her occasional very slow production, her many many self-corrections and restarts... It just strikes me as odd for an adult native speaker.

On another note, prissy really is a beautiful woman. Just stood out to me.

"Love is a CHOICE!" Yes, David... we know.

I guess this is what he kept hearing in those straightening bible camps. :|

Thinking about Pris makes me sad. She seems like a good person and deserves so much more. She definitely ranks as the fundie I'd most like to take aside and help. As another poster pointed out, she'd be great working with kids, in a hospital, or a nursing home, which would bring her so much satisfaction and confidence, but of course, that's a no-no.

Regardless of whether David resents marrying her becuase he's not attracted to women or because he's not attracted to her specifically, he'd still be an egotistical, controlling jerk to whomever who had the misfortune of ending up with him.

Archived