IGNORED

Lisa Pennington's Church Is An Off Shoot of Boerne!

nelliebelle1197

This church of hers has a deep tie to the old Vision Forum gang, I am pretty sure. They have a membership covenant, are family integrated and have Bible study in the Boerne, TX area weekly. They also have the same "elder" set up Douggie and Scottie promote:

fcf-church.org/#/about-us/membership

fcf-church.org/#/about-us

fcf-church.org/#/about-us/leadership

They also affirm the London Baptist Confession, just like BCA.

I even find the name creepily similar to BCA- Fredericksberg Christian Fellowship

And then I found this on SSB

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/01/01/boerne-christian-assembly-elders-release-statement-regarding-doug-phillips-of-vision-forum/

I know that the guys at Fredericksburg Christian Fellowship found out and were making things happen long before Bradrick and Renard showed up. I have no idea when exactly SB found out other than what he stated in his year end letter, “The burdens have been particularly heavy since September, when I learned of the infidelities of Doug Phillips spanning many years.â€

One thing you have to keep in mind is that most of these guys DO NOT outright lie (excluding Phillips obviously). They may bend the truth with technicalities here and conveniently omit certain facts, but a bald face lie is as a rule of thumb, highly improbable with these guys, it’s just not how they operate. Accordingly, I take SB at face value on his timeline of events.

And then this gem, buried in an old blog of DPIAR from 2004:

vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

Every community has its bright shining star---a special person who radiates joy and life and hope to everyone they meet. In our community that person is a twenty-two year old young lady named Shelby Kennedy. It was my pleasure to serve as one of her pastors for nearly five years before her family relocated membership in our sister church in Fredericksburg, Texas. I can report that I have rarely ever met a woman with as radiant a Christian testimony, who better honors her father and mother, or who better understands the meaning of Christian sacrifice. For most of her life Shelby has accompanied her father and mother to some of the roughest parts of Mexico, building homes for the indigent, helping local churches and teaching the Gospel to young girls, many of whom are already mothers in their early teens. Those who meet her never forget her.

I am not sure the Pennington family still attends there. She made mention in her blog awhile back of the difficulties in finding a new church, and there are several recent videos of Jacob singing at the First Baptist Church of Boerne.

Edited to add...well, maybe not so recent but more recent than Faith's baptism at FCF. youtube.com/watch?v=ht-VruszS60

This video makes me weep; it was my father's favorite hymn and one which he sang beautifully as opposed to the butchering in this video.

Awesome sleuthing nelliebelle!

Alecia Faith was baptized in this church. They are hard core complementarian, and I noticed that they state that a member of the church marrying outside of the congregation will be placed "under church discipline." yes, that bad. Red flags as semaphore, folks.

Hard to believe they couldn't find a sufficiently hard-core, bible believing church in Kerrville. Or not.

Geography:

Kerrville is 34 miles from Boerne -- straight shot down I-35.

Kerrville is ~25 miles from Fredericksburg.

Archived