IGNORED

Steve Maxwell wants his sheeple to do another fast

SPHASH

I don't think anyone is saying he has dementia now, just that if he ever developed it in the future, how would they even know? And how would they protect themselves from their brainwashed unquestioning submission to him if he became irrational?

Yes to all this. It often takes an outsider to notice something's wrong. When my godfather was in his 50s, he suffered a moderate stroke. His immediate family perceived him as acting slightly "off," but one of his nephews stopped by and knew right off the bat that something was VERY wrong.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't go to my grandfathers funeral, but that's because I could only take so much time off of work, and I had to choose between the funeral and seeing him alive one last time. It's obvious what I chose.

I wouldn't really care if someone didn't go to a funeral for something they couldn't put off, or if they'd have to quit a much looked forward to vacation they couldn't change the dates for. I mean, funerals are more for the living than the dead...

I might not go to grandmas funeral either when she dies. All that crying I'm going to need to do, to have to be done in public? No thanks. (It would be at her church, where there are no private places to go. Our family doesn't do funeral homes.)

I'd rather grieve in private in my own way.

Steve went to his FIL's funeral. I think they have also mentioned funerals for the elderly at the nursing home.

This isn't a case of them grieving in private or having something important that they couldn't go. Indeed, I imagine they use funerals to remind people as much as possible to think about where they will go when they die.

The Maxwells chose not to go for some other reason.

They probably didn't go 'cause Stevie wasn't allowed to play Minister and be the center of attention. Steve always wants to be the center of attention. He probably doesn't get that with his family. :snooty:

Does it have any importance that they will break their fast on the day little Susannah died, you think? I know they take time to remember her each year and they visit her grave. I feel there may be a connection.

I'll be at work for 12 hours Monday, so not much food available for anti fasting. However, at some point on Monday I will be breaking a week long fast from alcohol.

There, breaking an alcohol fast the day the maxhellions fast from food. That will be my anti fast.

They probably didn't go 'cause Stevie wasn't allowed to play Minister and be the center of attention. Steve always wants to be the center of attention. He probably doesn't get that with his family. :snooty:

Agree!

My food indulgence, as for the last Maxhell fast, will be a steak.

And the rest of my day, as always, will be pretty much the antithesis of Maxhell, I am happy to say!

It seems to me these very public blog announcements of upcoming fasts are un-biblical. Matthew warns against making public your prayers and fasts and calling attention to the fact you are praying or fasting.

Matthew 6

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Proper Fasting

16Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 17But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; 18That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

The blog is about a public as one can get. Pointing out how frequently and when they are fasting probably gets comments, but per the Bible, that will be their whole reward for it.

So Steve, may be time to reconsider posting about your fabulous fasting family.

Oh, no, really? That's so, so sad. She drew pictures for Sarah's first children's book, she found and refurbished a used violin for Anna when she wanted to learn, and then when she became ill they couldn't even be assed to visit or go to her funeral. God. So much for all Steve's preaching about how much he values the elderly, and how much children should revere their parents.

I've talked about this before on FJ, but my beloved grandmother died of Alzheimer's and was in a care unit for years before the end. Every one of her children, and all of her grandchildren who could, made the drive to see her at least once a week. The grandkids who lived too far for regular visits came to town as often as they could. We made photo collages of her parents as young adults and her and her siblings as children so she would be surrounded by familiar faces. My cousins brought their pets to see her because she loved dogs. They brought their children because, even though she didn't recognize them, she knew they were people who loved her, and she loved children.

We had a birthday party for her every year with her favorite strawberry ice cream and scrapbooks of her childhood and all her friends and family came. We loved her devotedly. Her disintegration was a living nightmare but we were with her and loving her every step of the way.

Why didn't Steve, with his obsessive biblical literalism, love his mother like that? Why didn't he want her to feel happy and safe and valued and loved? He could have so easily done it. She was his mother. She drew Sarah's pictures and refurbished Anna's violin. She obviously loved them and showed it, but Joseph couldn't even care about her enough to go to her funeral. Not even out of respect for what she did for his father and sisters. That is cold and upsetting.

That is beautiful :romance-heartsfade: Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person. She was so fortunate to have you all there with her in the end.

Re Steve and possible dementia - I really hope Melanie would notice a deterioration in Steve's mental capacities and take steps to shield her children from it. She and Nathan don't seem to be drowning in the koolaid quite as much as the other Maxwells and Nathan, as eldest son, would have more authority than anyone else in that family to take steps to get Steve care.

I hope if this happens she will notice.

For breakfast I had vegan macaroni and chess with vegetarian chicken. Later I'll have jimmy johns, because 12 hour shift. Then I might spring for potato chips as well as my usual pickle, and see if there are any broken cookies I can have. Anti fasting is fun.,

I shall have a coke and potato chips since I don't like Pepsi.

Oh, darn, I forgot. I've had oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and a lunch of randomness: 2 small apples, a few slices of pepperoni, cheese, wheat thins, and some sugar free jello.

But, I have been meaning to try Grub Hub. I believe, in honor of anti-fast, tonight is the night. With dessert.

In honor of the Maxwells, I made yummy homemade breakfast BURRITOS this morning.

For dinner tonight, shepherd's pie. My headship was sick last week and finally has his appetite back so we will be indulging since it is his favorite. We are not Pepsi drinkers, but rest assured that some beers will be consumed tonight. And my youngest daughter took some animal crackers to school today as part of her snack. Yes, I allowed her more than 2.

My son just brought me a DW angus dog covered with kraut. I've got coke to wash it down. :lol:

Went out to lunch with friends...had a bacon avocado cheeseburger with coleslaw, fries, and root beer. Came home and ate 2 squares of organic, free trade orange chocolate.

I have strawberries, vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Guess what I'm making?

I'm at work and my boss is ordering is pizzas. In honor of the maxhellions, I feast on veggie lovers pizza and come (my workplace doesn't sell Pepsi) and my boss is not averse to me slipping a little bit of something into my coke.

Today I had 3 meals. Usually on days like today I have one, two of I'm lucky, so I'm really anti fasting today!

We have a glut of peaches at the moment so I might make peach crumble with the kids this afternoon. Oldest has also requested popcorn and pancakes, so who am I to argue on Non-Fasting Tuesday?

Archived