IGNORED

Steve Maxwell wants his sheeple to do another fast

SPHASH

Ask, and you shall receive! I thought this was just a nice recipe until I bought a new skillet that is as heavy as the day is long and the crispy crust it produced made me weep for Maxwells who will never be permitted to know such goodness exists. And that's before we even started talking about the garlic. Quite a bit of garlic in this one, I hope you're cool with that :)

Part 1:

1 onion, chopped

2 tbsp vegetable oil

1/2 lb ground beef or lamb

4-5 carrots, peeled and diced

1 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained, or simply 1 can sans liquid

1-2 dried whole chills

2 cups round risotto rice

In a large heavy skillet, cook the onion in oil until nice and golden. Add the meat and cook until no longer pink, separating into crumbs with a wooden spoon.

Add the diced carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Add chickpeas and saute again.

Add 4 cups boiling water, 1 tbs salt and chilli peppers. Bring to boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes.

Add the rice to the simmering water, cover and cook for 15-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat and prepare the garlic:

Part 2 - feel free to stop here if garlic is not your thing

8 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced

1 tsp salt

2 tsp water

Mix into a paste in a small bowl.

Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan, add the garlic paste and cook for 1 minute - don't let the garlic burn. Burned garlic is horrible. It should turn light brown, and at this point add it all to the skillet with the rice and give it a little mix.

Let me know how it came out. It keeps beautifully if there's anything left after dinner.

I LOVE garlic in all forms, and you are a goddess. Can't wait to try this.

:D

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Did they admit that someone sent it to them? Hahahahaha! I love whoever did.

I don't think anyone sent them the movie, I was being an especially sarcastic wench. I would volunteer to send my personal copy, but I love it too much. Plus I don't wanna give him any ideas about blocking flyovers. He comes up with enough of his own crazy shit as it is. :music-tool:

I didn't see your one star review on Amazon, but I found this 5-star review from Jan 22 written by "Sarah"--This book has been a delight to me. I encouraged my mother to read it as well and she loves it too. We both knew the importance of daily Bible reading and prayer, but took it too lightly. If we missed a day, we were not too concerned. Praise the Lord that has changed! I have not missed a day since I began reading and by the grace of God, I will not miss a day again. Life is too short to leave out the most important thing - time with the Lord. I encourage everyone to read this book. It will bless and challenge.

My review isn't posted. That is odd. I can't see Amazon censoring reviews. I just stated I thought it was an awful book. I sent it back to Kindle Lending Library heaven for someone else to read.

Stevie has been gradually descending into nuttiness the last thirty years, 1985-throws out the Beast, makes N and C quit Little League, 1997-decides God has called him to come home, quits his job to start the Homeschooling business, 2002-pulls the family out of church, starts ministering to the elderly.

Did Sarah ever go to regular school? I assume C & N did.

Per the blog, it says they have been a homeschool family since 1985.

Did Sarah ever go to regular school? I assume C & N did.

I don't think Sarah did. But I could be wrong. I seem to remember reading at some point that C and N went to a private Christian school.

Good luck with keeping your families safe because you don't know about an upcoming winter storm or tornado....

And they live in Kansas, for crying out loud!

I guess, if Steve and his household don't know a twister is coming, they could end up in Oz. The denizens of Oz would give them something to think about!

Steve: That was quite a ride! Excuse me, ma'am -- yes, you, with the green face -- do you know where you will go when you die?

WWotW: Judging by what you just did to my sister, I'll be under some asshole's house!

Steve: Oh, little persons with the defrauding hats -- do you follow Jesus?

Munchkins: No, we follow the yellow brick road.

Steve: Mmmmm, those apples look delicious. I could make an idol of them. I think I'll pick one.

(trees attack him) Yes! Yes! Oh, Lord, most high, I deserve this -- beat me, flagellate me with Winesap, Jonathan and Granny Smith!

And they live in Kansas, for crying out loud!

I guess, if Steve and his household don't know a twister is coming, they could end up in Oz. The denizens of Oz would give them something to think about!

Steve: That was quite a ride! Excuse me, ma'am -- yes, you, with the green face -- do you know where you will go when you die?

WWotW: Judging by what you just did to my sister, I'll be under some asshole's house!

Steve: Oh, little persons with the defrauding hats -- do you follow Jesus?

Munchkins: No, we follow the yellow brick road.

Steve: Mmmmm, those apples look delicious. I could make an idol of them. I think I'll pick one.

(trees attack him) Yes! Yes! Oh, Lord, most high, I deserve this -- beat me, flagellate me with Winesap, Jonathan and Granny Smith!

And if the Maxwells' grown children were to read this, they would have NO idea what any of it means because they've never been allowed to watch The Wizard Of Oz. :cry:

I have visions of Stevie having his flock down on their knees weaping and wailing for hours while he sneaks off to see 50 Shades of Grey...... :wink-kitty:

• 1 month later...

Steve is certainly making an idol out of fasting. They are having ANOTHER one on Monday!

As such the 3rd Anti-fast will take place on Monday! Please register your gluttonous (or any other sinful) ways in this thread!

In honor of the Maxwell's latest fast, I am going to worship my Lord & Savior, the Cadbury Bunny.

In honor of the Maxwell's latest fast, I am going to worship my Lord & Savior, the Cadbury Bunny.

Don't forget about his only begotten son, The Peep.

I think Steve is beginning to get more and more scared of his aging. The fasts are a symptom of him trying to assure himsekf that he will go to Heaven.

I am too busy to anti fast next Monday, however I am having a serious wine tasting on Saturday, that will involve many bottles of wine, big pots of chili, cornbread, chocolate, gougeres, expensive cheeses, dips and who knows what else.

Sunday I will recover with strong coffee and leftovers before attending a family event that will include lasagne... and dessert of some kind.

Monday, I will simply eat normally, having completed a whole weekend of anti fast

Is it possible that fasting is just a way to save money? Do they really think their god will listen more to the people who are hungry? There are millions of people a day who are "fasting", but don't get heard.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I feel bad for the "kids" though, on being deprived of food so many times, but I will think of them as I tuck into another piece of cake. I always do, because I am not eating a ton of food because I want to, its a special day to rebel against Steve. And eating cake is delicious.

Is it possible that fasting is just a way to save money? Do they really think their god will listen more to the people who are hungry? There are millions of people a day who are "fasting", but don't get heard.

No, Yes, and They're Fasting Wrong.

I'm starting early - or that's my excuse. After the day I had a work I came home, poured a drink had a smoke and then ordered dinner from my favourite Chinese restaurant. Sunday I'm meeting a friend and we're going to have a dim sum feast. By the time Monday rolls around I may be too full to eat.

What are they odds Sarah has someone who can help her escape? Not snarking I'm really asking. If this has been discussed on any of the threads I've missed it AND WAHOOO BRUINS JUST SCORED. Sorry that was off topic but I was typing and it happened so I had to share.

I'm starting early - or that's my excuse. After the day I had a work I came home, poured a drink had a smoke and then ordered dinner from my favourite Chinese restaurant. Sunday I'm meeting a friend and we're going to have a dim sum feast. By the time Monday rolls around I may be too full to eat.

What are they odds Sarah has someone who can help her escape? Not snarking I'm really asking. If this has been discussed on any of the threads I've missed it AND WAHOOO BRUINS JUST SCORED. Sorry that was off topic but I was typing and it happened so I had to share.

Sarah doesn't have any friends, not even one, and she doesn't have much contact with anyone who is not her sibling, in laws, niece, nephew or parent. Anyone outside the Cult of Steve might as well not exist. I don't think she will ever escape, she is in far too deep and I don't even think she would cope with the shock of being introduced to all these new things...even if she was sent to live with a regular ATI family. She will be a kid forever, and will probably go crazy when Steve dies. Poor woman. :( I wish I could help her, but that would be impossible, as she is screwed either way. Steve is an asshole, he completely broke his children.

Sarah doesn't have any friends, not even one, and she doesn't have much contact with anyone who is not her sibling, in laws, niece, nephew or parent. Anyone outside the Cult of Steve might as well not exist. I don't think she will ever escape, she is in far too deep and I don't even think she would cope with the shock of being introduced to all these new things...even if she was sent to live with a regular ATI family. She will be a kid forever, and will probably go crazy when Steve dies. Poor woman. :( I wish I could help her, but that would be impossible, as she is screwed either way. Steve is an asshole, he completely broke his children.

Thanks - I haven't followed the Forum as much as I've wanted to (making up for that now). I thought they had more "real world" time before Steve went batshit crazy. I couldn't get to Steinbach when they were in Manitoba. Probably a good thing I'd have tried something stupid like slipping her a note saying "there are people who will help you" with my phone number. No joke.

Archived