IGNORED

Steve Maxwell wants his sheeple to do another fast

SPHASH

He obviously heard about Ebola while eavesdropping on people when waiting in line to convert the cashier at Costco. He's claimed in the past that the Maxwells get all the news they need to hear at the grocery store.

So it's a real fast for Steve. Everyone fasting from the news can't go grocery shopping for 60 days!

He once said they get some news from a trusted pro-life website so they can determine who to vote for president. I have to confess I will be going on a news fast for two weeks this summer. It is while I am on what some might call a vacation. When I am on vacation I do like to unplug, ignore the news, and be one with nature, culture, and outdoor activities, but only on what some might call a vacation. When I return I plug into the world again.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame on you, Stevehovah. Shame on you for calling yourself a Christian and yet not being aware of the horrible persecutions of Christians going on in Iraq, Syria, India, Burma....I could go on and on.

You're not a Christian, you're the self-proclaimed head of the Church of Maxhell. :naughty:

Reading their blog is like watching the Tudors and king Henry seep further into madness. Steve has some serious mental issues going on and he is going to sink his family with him.

Reading their blog is like watching the Tudors and king Henry seep further into madness. Steve has some serious mental issues going on and he is going to sink his family with him.

I agree with that. He gets more extreme at every turn and every member of his family is too far gone to know any different or better. Exactly as sick isolationists intend for their members.

I guess I am about as opposite from Steve as you can be--since if I'm at a friends house (or a waiting room) and see a magazine that is completely different from any of my interests, I am very likely to pick it up to see what draws people to that particular hobby or "thing", or to read something wholly different from what I normally see. I view it as natural curiosity, a trait I'm sure Steve holds in disdain.

I will admit I hate most tv news. It is often shallow and repetitive, and more and more isn't news as much as editorials. And I dread the next presidential election... but, I do need to know what is going on.

I guess I am about as opposite from Steve as you can be--since if I'm at a friends house (or a waiting room) and see a magazine that is completely different from any of my interests, I am very likely to pick it up to see what draws people to that particular hobby or "thing", or to read something wholly different from what I normally see. I view it as natural curiosity, a trait I'm sure Steve holds in disdain.

I will admit I hate most tv news. It is often shallow and repetitive, and more and more isn't news as much as editorials. And I dread the next presidential election... but, I do need to know what is going on.

Steve's next book could be: 30 Years on the Blanket: Training Away Curiosity, Grandchild Edition

Steve's next book could be: 30 Years on the Blanket: Training Away Curiosity, Grandchild Edition

Don't give the devil any ideas!!

I agree with that. He gets more extreme at every turn and every member of his family is too far gone to know any different or better. Exactly as sick isolationists intend for their members.

Precisely what came to mind.

Will the Titus2 blog/mom's&dad's corners take a 60-day breather? Seems only right unless Church Of Steve's commandment is "do as I say, not as I do."

Remember, Stevehovah mentions that he (and the family) votes based on "carefully vetted pro-life websites," so it's possible that some other kinds of news leak through.

He is building up to something really awful when he snaps completely. :( This really is a descent into madness.

AuntCloud, can you hook a sister up with the pilaf recipe you mentioned above? It sounds absolutely delicious. :D

Good for u I am the same way w/ looking at magazines. I don't think Steve has a natural curiosity and he does not want his kids or his followers to have one either.

I stumbled on the Maxwells years ago via the Duggar thread on TWOP (never watched the show but the thread was epic). I was absolutely fascinated by them because I just couldn't imagine who would choose to live the way they do and why. In now years later and after following their blog and reading just about everything they produce, I'm even more baffled (now shading into horror) by them than ever before. Steve must have a major break with reality at some point and managed to drag his entire family down into hell with him. Paranoia, grandiosity, messiah complex–I don't know what, but this guy is off the rails. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like he's convinced many other families to follow him down that same road as completely as he'd hope. I think people are tempted by the pretty package, but once they open it and see that what's inside, they realize it isn't what they thought it would be. He's a dangerous, dangerous man and I almost feed bad snarking sometimes, because what he's done is not the least bit funny.

Really good idea! :D Think i better commit to an anti-fast of catching up on every episode of the Daily Show i can get the time for :cracking-up: before Jon Stewart leaves. Sucks that he's been there 16 years and i've only had access to it for about one. And Steve Carell was part of the Daily Show too back in the day. :doh: The awesome stuff fundies miss out on by being ignorant on purpose.

Recipe contribution: meatloaf in a heart pan for valentine's day. :lol: all beef and no beans, Steve. :D

Oh good! I am going on a quilt retreat from March 8-12th :) It's at a Christian family camp - no alcohol :( but we get banana splits with about 4 scoops of ice cream and all the toppings we want every night!

Remember, Stevehovah mentions that he (and the family) votes based on "carefully vetted pro-life websites," so it's possible that some other kinds of news leak through.

So they basically vote for the candidate who wants women to have as few rights and little control over their bodies as possible?

So they basically vote for the candidate who wants women to have as few rights and little control over their bodies as possible?

Does this really surprise you?

I stumbled on the Maxwells years ago via the Duggar thread on TWOP (never watched the show but the thread was epic). I was absolutely fascinated by them because I just couldn't imagine who would choose to live the way they do and why. In now years later and after following their blog and reading just about everything they produce, I'm even more baffled (now shading into horror) by them than ever before. Steve must have a major break with reality at some point and managed to drag his entire family down into hell with him. Paranoia, grandiosity, messiah complex–I don't know what, but this guy is off the rails. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like he's convinced many other families to follow him down that same road as completely as he'd hope. I think people are tempted by the pretty package, but once they open it and see that what's inside, they realize it isn't what they thought it would be. He's a dangerous, dangerous man and I almost feed bad snarking sometimes, because what he's done is not the least bit funny.

I didn't know about the Maxwells until coming to FJ, but I never thought it possible that a family could live such an unbelieveably sheltered and insular life until reading about them. There are some Maxwellian traits in my own FOO, it was horribly stifling, and frankly I don't know how Teri and the kids (either married or single) can deal with the control and insularity that is off the charts in comparision. I agree that somewhere, somehow, something went very wrong with Steve, whether it was a long time coming or some crazy switch went off in his head.

I still think he underwent some kind of emotional breakdown that manifested itself in hyperreligiosity. He reminds me of an old case in Ladies' Home Journal's "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" feature. In it, Joe Average hit 40 or so and suddenly got super-Catholic, wanting to reverse his vasectomy. His wife went HELL NO, and they compromised by making a small room in their house into a chapel for him or something. I remember thinking that there was something seriously wrong with the guy on an emotional level, but that the magazine didn't want to risk offending their more religious readers by saying so.

Thankfully, yes. Though they may sell some chore packs, schedualing stuff and Moody books, I don't think they get many to go down the rabbit hole like Steve wants.

Sometime back, someone posted to a forum or blog of a Christian homeschooling mother of the fundie lite-ish variety who had gone to one of their dog and pony shows. Although she was complementary to some of their products for homeschooling, she stated that the level of isolation they preached was not only unobtainable, but also "unhealthy". Most of the commenters agreed with her.

Okay, fess up. Who sent Steve M. Night Shyamalan's The Village dvd? :lol:

Thank goodness Sarah isn't a best selling author. Steve would take the proceeds, buy an isolated island in Alaska and begin their own colony. Steve, no one's going to follow your fast except your prisoners..err family. Most followers on your blog know that something isn't right on Maxwell lane. Some are hanging around hoping to see Sarah escape but I believe most are waiting to see the chaos that will ensue upon your death. Who will inherit crown and cul de sac? Who will go AWOL? Your weird, isolationist cult behavior is the only thing interesting about you and your ministry. Unfortunately or fortunately - dependent upon who's reading this - your family will be the only casualties of your war with planet earth.

Okay, fess up. Who sent Steve M. Night Shyamalan's The Village dvd? :lol:

Thank goodness Sarah isn't a best selling author. Steve would take the proceeds, buy an isolated island in Alaska and begin their own colony. Steve, no one's going to follow your fast except your prisoners..err family. Most followers on your blog know that something isn't right on Maxwell lane. Some are hanging around hoping to see Sarah escape but I believe most are waiting to see the chaos that will ensue upon your death. Who will inherit crown and cul de sac? Who will go AWOL? Your weird, isolationist cult behavior is the only thing interesting about you and your ministry. Unfortunately or fortunately - dependent upon who's reading this - your family will be the only casualties of your war with planet earth.

What? Did they admit that someone sent it to them? Hahahahaha! I love whoever did.

I hope they aren't upset over the 1 star review I gave Sweet Journey on Amazon. It was gagginly bad, and I said why should I read a book by a depressed woman who depends on Jesus, and yet rejects the doctors that God gave knowledge to, to create medicines to alleviate the darkness of depression. Or something similar. It was HORRIBLE>

Sorry Terri--- get some Effexor XL for the days and Trazadone for the nights. You'll be amazed at how bright the sun is.

I hope they aren't upset over the 1 star review I gave Sweet Journey on Amazon. It was gagginly bad, and I said why should I read a book by a depressed woman who depends on Jesus, and yet rejects the doctors that God gave knowledge to, to create medicines to alleviate the darkness of depression. Or something similar. It was HORRIBLE>

Sorry Terri--- get some Effexor XL for the days and Trazadone for the nights. You'll be amazed at how bright the sun is.

I didn't see your one star review on Amazon, but I found this 5-star review from Jan 22 written by "Sarah"--This book has been a delight to me. I encouraged my mother to read it as well and she loves it too. We both knew the importance of daily Bible reading and prayer, but took it too lightly. If we missed a day, we were not too concerned. Praise the Lord that has changed! I have not missed a day since I began reading and by the grace of God, I will not miss a day again. Life is too short to leave out the most important thing - time with the Lord. I encourage everyone to read this book. It will bless and challenge.

AuntCloud, can you hook a sister up with the pilaf recipe you mentioned above? It sounds absolutely delicious. :D

Ask, and you shall receive! I thought this was just a nice recipe until I bought a new skillet that is as heavy as the day is long and the crispy crust it produced made me weep for Maxwells who will never be permitted to know such goodness exists. And that's before we even started talking about the garlic. Quite a bit of garlic in this one, I hope you're cool with that :)

Part 1:

1 onion, chopped

2 tbsp vegetable oil

1/2 lb ground beef or lamb

4-5 carrots, peeled and diced

1 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained, or simply 1 can sans liquid

1-2 dried whole chills

2 cups round risotto rice

In a large heavy skillet, cook the onion in oil until nice and golden. Add the meat and cook until no longer pink, separating into crumbs with a wooden spoon.

Add the diced carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Add chickpeas and saute again.

Add 4 cups boiling water, 1 tbs salt and chilli peppers. Bring to boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes.

Add the rice to the simmering water, cover and cook for 15-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat and prepare the garlic:

Part 2 - feel free to stop here if garlic is not your thing

8 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced

1 tsp salt

2 tsp water

Mix into a paste in a small bowl.

Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan, add the garlic paste and cook for 1 minute - don't let the garlic burn. Burned garlic is horrible. It should turn light brown, and at this point add it all to the skillet with the rice and give it a little mix.

Let me know how it came out. It keeps beautifully if there's anything left after dinner.

Archived