IGNORED

I Just Came Across a Younger Version of Lori A - Hanna

GolightlyGrrl

Hannah Colley Giselbach

Apparently her mom and dad are aslo religious bloggers and speakers as well.

Dad's a preacher. Hannah's husband is a preacher.

thecolleyhouse.org/about-us

I have some questions about her age if she really does have a bachelor's degree and taught English, but is 25 and has 5 kids. I wonder if she was 25 when she started blogging a few years ago?

But, yes, she is yet another self satisfied little lori.

But it looks like she is local fundie royalty....

Hannah Colley Giselbach

I have some questions about her age if she really does have a bachelor's degree and taught English, but is 25 and has 5 kids. I wonder if she was 25 when she started blogging a few years ago?

I think she only has one kid and he's only a few months old. But we all know that's enough to know everything as long as you're a fundie. :roll:

She also claims she was a newspaper columnist. She probably wrote for some type of fundie-rag that her family is somehow connected to.

The arrogance of fundies-Hannah, Lori, Josh Duggar-never ceases to amaze me.

I stand corrected on the 5 kids. I misread (I was sure I had read that) but must have skimmed her title in with her bio.

So, she is a SAHM of 1 telling everyone else how to live their lives.

I love when these bloggers talk about how they don't have any time because being mommy is so time consuming they can barely shower. ... but they blog and blog and blog.

I can't keep up with my blog because of oh. work, life and fun....

Is there not a single fundie man we discuss who is centent merely to learn from others?

They are *all* pastors; regardless of age, training, or experience, every man among them, including the boys, is a preacher.

I guess it's just the women-folk who must remain silent while the 50 church deacons unstrap Pastor Poopy-Pants from his stroller and fit him with a mic.

Hannah Colley Giselbach

No offense, but how is she royalty at 25 with only one kid. Not that I don't think she has much to offer, but royalty, wisdom.?

No offense, but how is she royalty at 25 with only one kid. Not that I don't think she has much to offer, but royalty, wisdom.?

When I say "local fundie royalty" i am going with what I view as our somewhat mocking use of the term "fundie royalty" ie, "popular, affluent and influential families" in the fundie circles. I limited her to local, ie, her little home town/region. And given her age, she would be a princess.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12229 This thread had some definitions for fundie royalty that also include

. . . those who run conferences, speak at conferences or produce Christian books and home school materials. Fundy peasants are those who pay hundreds of dollars to attend the conferences and who buy the who home school materials.

Her family seems to be local fundie royalty because

Father (and mother )

Glenn serves as the pulpit minister for the greatest church in Alabama, the West Huntsville Church of Christ.

Cindy serves there as a Bible class teacher and in various women’s ministries. We’re active in missions having been blessed in an amazing way to work in Trinidad, Africa, India, Ukraine, Colombia, Jamaica, New Zealand and Argentina.

Glenn, Son- Caleb and Son in law-Ben speak in lots of gospel meetings, lectureships and youth seminars

and Cindy and Hannah do many ladies’ and teen girls’ programs. Our favorites are the ones we get to do together.

Glenn and Cindy also speak in the “You’re Singing My Song†marriage and family seminars.

Glenn serves on the board of directors for Lads to Leaders and on the management team of the Gospel Broadcasting Network.

westhuntsville.org/index.php

lads2leaders.com/ (and leaderettes!) and http://gbntv.org/

Son:

Caleb, a Freed-Hardeman University (.fhu.edu/) graduate, has now obtained his MLA degree from Faulkner University (online.faulkner.edu/ ) and is his PhD in Medieval Philosophy at the University of South Carolina. (sc.edu/about)

He has worked as a writer/producer for Apologetics Press, has taught at USC while working with the church at St. Andrews Road in Columbia, South Carolina. He is currently the pulpit minister for the Macland Road Church of Christ in Marietta, GA. Here are links to some of Sonny's Sermons...

maclandroadchurchofchrist.org/previous-audio-archives/ and on the same page an advertisement for an upcoming marriage seminar by Glenn & Cindy Colley AKA Dad and Mom.

sonny's blog plainsimplefaith.com/

And Holy Daughter/blogger

Hannah, our daughter, is a graduate of Freed Hardeman University and is now Mrs. Benjamin Giselbach. Hannah is a former English teacher, but is currently enjoying being Mrs. Giselbach and writing and speaking for ladies groups around the country. (note her marriage status is mentioned twice in two sentences) Most of all, she is most recently enjoying being Ezra’s mom. Ezra is the newest light of our lives and his future is a great motivator for us to be in and about the Word! Hannah’s husband, Ben, serves as the minister of the Lightwood Church of Christ near Montgomery, AL. and represents Lads to Leaders, a great spiritual training program for children and teens. You can find links to both Ben’s and Hannah’s writings on this site.

And. here's his blog plainsimplefaith.com/

and church. lightwoodchurch.com/home.html

And some of their lovely items for sale

Pure on Purpose by Cindy and Hannah Colley
(dvd, teaching tools, etc)

Caleb has a Kid's music cd

Digger Doug’s Underground Rocks by Apologetics Press

Songs written and performed by Caleb Colley.

Digger Doug’s Underground Rocks is not for worship/devotional use.

Join Digger Doug and Iguana Don for a rockin’ treat! Digger Doug’s Underground Rocks, a new music CD from Apologetics Press, is a collection of fun songs about science for kids. Twelve original songs featuring the sounds of a full band. Parents will want their kids to learn the principles that underlie the lyrics of each song, because each of the scientific topics relates to the Creation/Evolution controversy.

I'd say they are a local/regional fundie power group, with 3 of 3 men as ministers-- they sing, they speak, they teach, they film, they write and lecture. This is why I view them as local fundie royalty.

Another sanctimonious SAHM who is better than you because she stays home to devote her time to her child. Now of course, you should do the same because...Jesus, and God, and ummm reasons.

I did stay at home with mine from the time they were born to the time they hit high school, but rather than spend my time telling other mothers how much better I was than them, I was just thankful we were in the financial position to do so, and supported my friends who had to work whenever I could.

The arrogance and sanctimony of these people is one of the things I hate the most.

When I say "local fundie royalty" i am going with what I view as our somewhat mocking use of the term "fundie royalty" ie, "popular, affluent and influential families" in the fundie circles. I limited her to local, ie, her little home town/region. And given her age, she would be a princess.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12229 This thread had some definitions for fundie royalty that also include

Her family seems to be local fundie royalty because

Father (and mother )

westhuntsville.org/index.php

lads2leaders.com/ (and leaderettes!) and http://gbntv.org/

Son:

maclandroadchurchofchrist.org/previous-audio-archives/ and on the same page an advertisement for an upcoming marriage seminar by Glenn & Cindy Colley AKA Dad and Mom.

sonny's blog plainsimplefaith.com/

And Holy Daughter/blogger

And. here's his blog plainsimplefaith.com/

and church. lightwoodchurch.com/home.html

And some of their lovely items for sale

(dvd, teaching tools, etc)

Caleb has a Kid's music cd

I'd say they are a local/regional fundie power group, with 3 of 3 men as ministers-- they sing, they speak, they teach, they film, they write and lecture. This is why I view them as local fundie royalty.

Wanted to clarify my criticism was toward people who follow her, not you for identifying her as such. At her age I had a kid and was pregnant with#2 I felt like I still had much to learn and would never try and teach others how to be a spouse or mom. Now that I'm an "old mom" I still don't feel like an expert, and have learned from the younger moms, but was really stunned and uncomfortable when all the preschool moms looked at me last year when they were coming up with ideas for a party. I was like "oh shit, they think I know what I'm doing, I'm an old mom now." The arrogance. It's mind blowing.

I'm looking through her blog now. I agree, this is a younger version of Lori in many ways and she is using the Titus 2 reference. So far from what I've read, she seems a tad more likable than Lori and some of these other fundie bloggers we discuss.

I admit, I like part of her response on education.

3. Because I’m not educated enough to do something else.

While I don’t consider myself particularly smart or talented, I do believe I’m capable of doing a few other things with my life. I obtained a Bachelors degree in English, and went on to teach high school English. I’ve been a newspaper columnist. I’ve worked with special needs adults. In any one of these fields, I could have chosen a career, I think. But nothing in the world could I ever find more fulfilling than investing all of my time, energy, and passion into raising my son and any future siblings he may have.

I don’t need to be successful by the world’s standards to achieve a feeling of self-worth. I also don’t wish I could go back and save all that money spent on my education. If, God forbid, something happened to my husband and I were left alone to provide for our family, I believe I would be able to support us and thus I am grateful for my education and experiences.

I also use lessons learned from my education daily in our home and in my relationships. So I will keep on being grateful for the education—a definite blessing from God.

Lori has bashed education in several ways over the past few years. I remember the times, she said that colleges didn't teach women how to be wives.

I'm so confused right off the bat...she doesn't use the word 'pretty'? In the context in which it was made it means fairly or moderately, and guess what, she didn't use it, the person making the comment did. So why call her out on it and say she doesn't use the word "pretty"?

ETA: I just read that women who are in abusive marriages are in them because they followed their heart and ignored the signs before the wedding... :?

Aaand there's the photograph of her holding a little child on her mission trip to Tanzania. I just love it when people make broad assumptions about an entire continent that's three times the size of the United States after one freakin' visit. :roll:

She said "African" men are too lazy to provide for their families or abandon them. "Africans" don't understand sarcasm. But hey ya'll, she got to go on a safari! :roll:

Oh man, I just read that she thinks homeless people are lazy and entitled. Goodness, this woman is insufferable.

Capt Cassidy has two nice posts dissecting Lori Jr.

rolltodisbelieve.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/the-handbook-generalizing-judging-and-shaming/

rolltodisbelieve.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/the-handbook-generalizations-and-the-mommy-wars/

Capt Cassidy has two nice posts dissecting Lori Jr.

rolltodisbelieve.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/the-handbook-generalizing-judging-and-shaming/

rolltodisbelieve.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/the-handbook-generalizations-and-the-mommy-wars/

Thanks for pointing out that blog - I hadn't seen it before. Captain Cassidy is an excellent writer. I spent ages yesterday reading her old posts.

Archived