IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

I do feel sorry for Christine, she was upset that Kody kissed Robyn before marriage and IIRC also upset about Kody going with Robyn to pick out her wedding dress. I'm sure this was not helped at all that Christine was pregnant while all this was going on.

I've seen a lot of snark on Smuggar for taking a nap during one of Anna's labors, but I already knew that was probably encouraged by the midwife. However, Kody dashing from Robyn's side as Christine goes to the hospital to give birth is just plain flat out shitty.

This is Christine's "first wife" after herself and she hasn't had to deal with what Meri and Janelle have already dealt with, so I can sympathize that she is dealing with pangs the other two didn't necessarily feel.

They did have a family unit for many years, but honestly if Robyn weren't added to the show it might not have generated the interest it has. Maybe just one or two seasons or we'd start getting saturated like with the Duggars and their dental visits.

I was kind of willing to be okay with the plyg situation as done by the Browns as I didn't see the more objectionable elements such child brides. However, I come from a monogamy culture for sure, and in the end I just can't see sharing my husband and father of my child(ren) sexually with other women. And I think Christine has been very hurt and Kody is a dick and doesn't want to deal with her feels. Or just doesn't really give a crap about her and what a thing to deal with when you have six kids with this man.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do feel sorry for Christine, she was upset that Kody kissed Robyn before marriage and IIRC also upset about Kody going with Robyn to pick out her wedding dress. I'm sure this was not helped at all that Christine was pregnant while all this was going on.

I've seen a lot of snark on Smuggar for taking a nap during one of Anna's labors, but I already knew that was probably encouraged by the midwife. However, Kody dashing from Robyn's side as Christine goes to the hospital to give birth is just plain flat out shitty.

This is Christine's "first wife" after herself and she hasn't had to deal with what Meri and Janelle have already dealt with, so I can sympathize that she is dealing with pangs the other two didn't necessarily feel.

(snip)

Huh? I don't get it. How is Kody leaving Robyn's house to be with Christine during labour shitty? Robyn wasn't in any particular need, while Christine was.

Huh? I don't get it. How is Kody leaving Robyn's house to be with Christine during labour shitty? Robyn wasn't in any particular need, while Christine was.

After watching the Robyn episode, I *think* the point is that Christine had to call Kody from the hospital, and tell him her water broke and he needed to get there immediately, and Kody was at home with Robyn at the time. So not the other way around--it was shitty to Christine.

Didn't he also kiss Robyn right before going to see Christine in the hospital? He did not come off well in that episode.

Yes, that is what I remember, Kody making sure to kiss Robyn goodbye before going to the hospital.

Because IIRC Kody went to the hospital. Meaning Christine got there some other way?

idk, I can't get into the polyg mindset but if I was Christine I don't see how I'd ever feel chill about Robyn. Or Kody anymore.

Wasn't Robyn still living several hours away when Christine went into labor?

Wasn't Robyn still living several hours away when Christine went into labor?

I think that's true. Which makes Kody Brown that much more of an ass.

Here's the only way this divorce/legal marriage would be sympathetic to Robyn. IF Robyn is seriously ill, the kids could stay w/ the Browns only if the children's Dad gave up parental rights. Now I don't think he's done this. If he did, Robyn would have full custody w/out the marriage anyway. So I'm back to square one, that they will say it's for the kids' but it's probably because they'll file bankruptcy together.

Some have said it's for insurance, but what about his other kids? Do they have insurance through him? If not, he's one of the crappiest Dad's ever. Also one of the sons in the fight last week went to Hawaii in Dec. Are they going to say they were chaperoning him and it wasn't a second honeymoon? Yet he's Janelle's son correct? Why wouldn't she go too?

I do have to hang my head in shame. Kody blocked me on twitter yesterday. Might have had something to do w/ me telling him that he hadn't changed polygamy's negative aspects overall and what he did show was that he and a couple of his wives were presently and in the past nothing but grifters. ~chuckles~ I think the only ones who have profited from this show are the kids. They left an insulated lifestyle and had the world opened up for them. The one thing I credit the parents for is supporting their children in pursuing education and careers.

I always got the idea from the show that Christine went through a difficult period after Truely's birth (maybe even a PPD) and that (she felt like) Kody didn't pay a lot of attention because he was to busy with Robyn

I just don't see how the Browns are going to play Kody marrying Robyn and divorcing Meri is a good thing. Even their fans are wondering why he wouldn't marry Janelle or Christine who each have 6 kids with him and are starting to see that they are moochers. I can't see any reasoning for him to marry Robyn because of her kids, they have their own father. I don't buy that Kody or anyone in the Brown family should get Robyn's kids with David Jessop if if she should die, other than David Jessop or either set of grandparents. A father has just as much right to his kids as the mother does.

Looking at the Brown's first t.v. interview with the BBC the family is practically unrecognizable. Not blaming Robyn totally for it, but this family has fallen apart since she joined.

Some have said it's for insurance, but what about his other kids? Do they have insurance through him? If not, he's one of the crappiest Dad's ever. If Cody has a health insurance plan that covers dependents he would be able to cover all of his biological children and any legal step-children. Currently Robins kids aren't his legal step-children because he's not legally married to their mother. And most insurance companies will only cover legal dependents and any adult children ( or step children) up to age 22. Also one of the sons in the fight last week went to Hawaii in Dec. Are they going to say they were chaperoning him and it wasn't a second honeymoon? Yet he's Janelle's son correct? Why wouldn't she go too? That son was going with a group of friends to Hawaii, not anyone in the family. IIRC it was a school or church group. By the way I thought the follow up to that fight was hysterical :lol: . You could tell those kids fight and get over it all the time, like lots of teen siblings do, but they went on and on and on about the seriousness of it all because of the Anthropologists and Security a Guard witnessing it.

I do have to hang my head in shame. Kody blocked me on twitter yesterday. Might have had something to do w/ me telling him that he hadn't changed polygamy's negative aspects overall and what he did show was that he and a couple of his wives were presently and in the past nothing but grifters. ~chuckles~ I think the only ones who have profited from this show are the kids. They left an insulated lifestyle and had the world opened up for them. The one thing I credit the parents for is supporting their children in pursuing education and careers.

I do have to say that I have been somewhat pleased with the way the Browns handle their kids choosing faith paths other than their own. It's not perfect as they seem to have some degree of hope that their kids stay within their religion, but then again, lots of parents have that hope. With Madison choosing to pursue mainstream Mormonism, their concerns seemed to be that it was a true, personal desire and not something she did to fit in with her peers, and also concern over whether HER new faith would ask her to disassociate from the family - no talk of disowning HER for choosing that path. And Logan mentioned not being religious in an interview, and he is still clearly accepted in the family. Granted that situation hasn't been addressed on the show, but I doubt he would have proclaimed it so publicly if his family didn't a) know, and b) at least somewhat accept it. Their attitude may leave some to be desired, but seems miles better than what would happen if one of the Duggar kids decided to become mainstream Christian or nonreligious.

Although I do also wonder what the response would be if it were one of Robyn's kids who chose a different religion or none at all. She had some snide-sounding comments last week, when talking to the anthropologists she was the one to interject, "are you an atheist?!" complete with quotey fingers, and when she quipped, obviously insincerely, that Madison "is worshipping differently today." Janelle often seems to be the most open of the wives and both she and Kody had their turns in mainstream LDS, so it would make sense that it might be easier for Janelle, but it begs the question as well, would Kody's response change depending upon whose child was breaking away and how that mom felt about it?

And most insurance companies will only cover legal dependents and any adult children ( or step children) up to age 22.

Isn't it 26 now, thanks to Obama? I know I'm over 22 and still on my parents' health insurance. Not that it's currently relevant to the Browns either way, though.

Isn't it 26 now, thanks to Obama? I know I'm over 22 and still on my parents' health insurance. Not that it's currently relevant to the Browns either way, though.

Yes, it's been 26 for several years now. And adult children no longer have to be in school full time.

Yes, it's been 26 for several years now. And adult children no longer have to be in school full time.

Yeah, I knew that, :embarrassed: I even have a 24 year old on mine. I was trying to remember process we had to use to prove kids were official step-kids -- and apparently got stuck in a time warp :lol:

What's great about it being to age 26 now is that it's ANY child or step-child to age 26 -- even if they aren't claimed as a dependent, have a full-time job themselves or are married.

Yeah, I knew that, :embarrassed: I even have a 24 year old on mine. I was trying to remember process we had to use to prove kids were official step-kids -- and apparently got stuck in a time warp :lol:

What's great about it being to age 26 now is that it's ANY child or step-child to age 26 -- even if they aren't claimed as a dependent, have a full-time job themselves or are married.

It's not always that simple. My father retired in December and the insurance provided to him and my mother doesn't cover any child not considered a dependent (I'm 25). I started a job earlier this month and the health insurance won't kick in for 90 days. COBRA was horribly expensive so to avoid being fined for not being insured I had to purchase an Obamacare plan this week. For all of about 6 weeks until my insurance through my job kicks in. :angry-banghead:

Back to the Browns, could marrying Kody benefit Robyn herself, not the kids? Perhaps conceiving Sol II isn't happening so she needs Kody's health insurance for fertility treatments.

It's not always that simple. My father retired in December and the insurance provided to him and my mother doesn't cover any child not considered a dependent (I'm 25). I started a job earlier this month and the health insurance won't kick in for 90 days. COBRA was horribly expensive so to avoid being fined for not being insured I had to purchase an Obamacare plan this week. For all of about 6 weeks until my insurance through my job kicks in. :angry-banghead:

Back to the Browns, could marrying Kody benefit Robyn herself, not the kids? Perhaps conceiving Sol II isn't happening so she needs Kody's health insurance for fertility treatments.

I know it's too late now, but it appears that what your parents insurance plan did was illegal. Unless they don't cover dependents at all, they aren't allowed to deny coverage based on not being literally " dependent" upon your parents. It's confusing because the word dependent is used both for financial dependency, and as a relationship status. But yeah. They can't do that.

https://www.healthcare.gov/young-adults ... -under-26/

I think that's true. Which makes Kody Brown that much more of an ass.

I think they were still engaged, but they had recently moved Robin's family to Lehi, so he was in the area. I also think he may have been bringing Christine's kids to Robin's. I think Robin was watching them while Christine was having the baby, so it makes sense that he was there.

I do have to say that I have been somewhat pleased with the way the Browns handle their kids choosing faith paths other than their own. It's not perfect as they seem to have some degree of hope that their kids stay within their religion, but then again, lots of parents have that hope. With Madison choosing to pursue mainstream Mormonism, their concerns seemed to be that it was a true, personal desire and not something she did to fit in with her peers, and also concern over whether HER new faith would ask her to disassociate from the family - no talk of disowning HER for choosing that path. And Logan mentioned not being religious in an interview, and he is still clearly accepted in the family. Granted that situation hasn't been addressed on the show, but I doubt he would have proclaimed it so publicly if his family didn't a) know, and b) at least somewhat accept it. Their attitude may leave some to be desired, but seems miles better than what would happen if one of the Duggar kids decided to become mainstream Christian or nonreligious.

Although I do also wonder what the response would be if it were one of Robyn's kids who chose a different religion or none at all. She had some snide-sounding comments last week, when talking to the anthropologists she was the one to interject, "are you an atheist?!" complete with quotey fingers, and when she quipped, obviously insincerely, that Madison "is worshipping differently today." Janelle often seems to be the most open of the wives and both she and Kody had their turns in mainstream LDS, so it would make sense that it might be easier for Janelle, but it begs the question as well, would Kody's response change depending upon whose child was breaking away and how that mom felt about it?

I think Robyn and Christine would have the hardest time if one of their children decided to practice a different faith or none at all. Janelle is obviously fine and I think Meri has seemed ok with the idea in the past (when they were discussing whether to let the teens join an LDS youth group).

I think Robyn and Christine would have the hardest time if one of their children decided to practice a different faith or none at all. Janelle is obviously fine and I think Meri has seemed ok with the idea in the past (when they were discussing whether to let the teens join an LDS youth group).

Agreed. And I just wonder how the husband/wife relationship would play out in such a case. Supposedly the wives, at the end of the day, defer to Kody as leader/headship/whatever their term is, and if I had to gander a guess at how he seems to react to stuff like that, he seems a little less okay with it than Janelle and a little more okay than Christine and Robyn. And their discussion with Madison was imperfect in the sense that I could imagine her feeling ambushed (especially with outside parties present), but at the same time, the concerns they all expressed did not seem too far off from what many parents might address if their child proclaimed a new religion (or lack thereof) immediately upon entering college. But was that all just because Janelle is more open minded? If one of Christine's or Robyn's kids did the same thing and the mom was less okay with it, would that mom be expected to defer to Kody and accept it (albeit with a side of Kody commenting that he hopes it stops eventually), or would Kody align with that mom and become less permissive?

I just watched the anthropologist episode. Man, those students were so obnoxious. I actually laughed at the prank because really felt sorry for the Browns at the time.

It's also not very scientific nor academic to include personal, subjective experience in a case study. The guy, he was just so rude. And the gal was so "more accomplished than any of you", I wish I could've stepped in and put a stop to it.

ETA: I second the poster who said that Robyn is special because Kody's in love for the first time. I'm pretty sure that's it. And that's what makes the other wives jealous. Robyn per se does sound like a fun and calm person to be around. She's a cry-baby, I know, but she must have some good sides to her. It's the way Kody feels towards her that makes the other wives furious.

No, at the very end she goes to the lawyer and mentions divorce and then it said, "to be continued in two weeks"

It just said it was something she's been thinking about for five years.

No, at the very end she goes to the lawyer and mentions divorce and then it said, "to be continued in two weeks"

It just said it was something she's been thinking about for five years.

I think Meri just wants out! Her only child is out and I don't think she is in love with Kody anymore. I notice when they did the Meri special she is in another place

during most of the takes. Maybe she is distancing herself from the whole situation.

Archived