IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

I know what Janelle is nervous about...if Kody dies, all the sister wives' fates are in the hands of that dimbulb Robyn!! Holy crap.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that they had taken Sobbin's kids to see their dad? Meri now tweets that they haven't seen bio dad for 2 years. Are they just twisting time to suit themselves?

I will have to rewatch this during this week's million reruns. Although I gave the show my undivided attention, I feel like I missed the whole point.

OK here's the "tell-all" show.

Why did he let the anthropology students in to observe them? K: Our message has always been that we're normal. Wanted someone else to see that. Its interesting that the professor came in with preconceived stereotypes "Which is the sex wife, the love wife," etc. R: They''re trying to put us into a monogamous box by dividing us into pieces. We're not pieces of one wife. Scenes from last week, students and professor around the table.

The wives are happy with the observations & discussions...they didn;t know what the students were going to take away from the experience. Christine says she really felt like she needed these people to say in public they really are a functional family." They joked about the fifth wife remark from the professor. Kody says he does not hit on every woman. Student's first impression that he was an egomaniac, Robyn says students discovered that Kody just wants to be involved in everyone's lives. Christine: The students were friends AND were educated. Plural marriage makes things more complex but they still have the same lives as everyone else. Christine: "we're hitting life full force."

Coming up: Kody talks about discussions of quitting the show.

I will have to rewatch this during this week's million reruns. Although I gave the show my undivided attention, I feel like I missed the whole point.

It's not you, it's THEM. The "coming ups" and the repetition and the talking in circles...argh...they really end up saying NOTHING. That particular show was especially bad...one plotline dragggged out for way too long.

Oh god they're going to talk about the vacation and the Ken controversy. Kill me now.

"You're not being responsible with how you're behaving." "No, YOU'RE not being responsible with how YOU'RE behaving." Kody accuses Christine of having crazy PMS.

Viewers didn't like Christine that night. Kody says he was being very defensive & egocentric. Ken;s not really a bad guy. Allegedly Kody stopped reading social media posts THAT NIGHT. Kody is sorry he did not understand PMS well enough. Even though he had been married so many years, he did not fully understand PMS.

Now the courtship talk...Kody wants his kids to have longer courtships than the adults did. Christine get offended because the two of them didn't even really have a courtship period at all. Christine says she felt that since they didn't have a long courtship, that meant to HER that they're (her & Kody) not OK. She was very upset. (No more PMS blaming, tho...) After that show aired, Kody allegedly talked to the family talking about how to get out of the show. The wives say their mission isn't done, though, so they can't give up the show. (translation: the McMansions are nowhere near paid off and many more kids are college-bound)

Man, there's so much crying on this show! It's like the opposite of the Duggars; with them, everyone has to stay sweet, whereas the Sister Wives crew can't go ten minutes without turning on the water works. To me, if talking about your family relationships creates this much negative emotion and tears, then maybe something needs to change.

Topic: MIL enters the cul-de-sac: Christine loves having her mom living with her. Her house runs so smoothly now. Is Kody ready for more MILs to move in?

He considered a long time ago that it could happen. M: The option has always been there.

Now we transition to: Christine getting upset that R's sister moved in for childcare. Meri cries about having different relationships with the older kids than she did with the younger ones. They are nostalgic for those times, they don't need to rely on each other anymore. Sobbin cries that they are saying those times are gone, but she insists they can't be over with.

Meri doesn't interact with the younger kids now like she did with the older kids because she's not there for 1-on-1 interactions as much. Things are different. Much crying.

What about quality time with the sister wives/girls' night out? Janelle & Christine admit they just don't do it, or don't do it enough. Meri says it's been a couple years since the 4 of them did something all 4 together. Christine says they got out of the habit of it. Robyn says they have overscheduled themselves...they need to specifically carve out time for each other. Backpedalers, all.

The devil just ate my response to the first half of the show. It matched jheathen's summary, with the addition of a *chucklesnort* at Kody's wishes to end the show.

I am looking at the links on the Brown family tree (or wreath!) helpfully provided above. Kody's mom is an ALLRED! He is not as far off the polygamy tree as he presents himself and he is related by blood to most of his wives. Christine is a first cousin to Robyn's ex and both a LeBaron and an Allred. Dear lord.

I know what Janelle is nervous about...if Kody dies, all the sister wives' fates are in the hands of that dimbulb Robyn!! Holy crap.

That. With her great history of managing her family finances and her wonderful business sense with SWC, she is the one who will manage the estate and see that everyone is provided for? Yikes! i hope Janelle has been amassing a secret offshore stash.

Also nice that in this big, happy, cooperative family they presented this rather major change to Janelle and Christine as a fait accompli.

I wonder if this was the reason for the move to Las Vegas all along. I don't know what a Nevada judge will do, but I'm sure they realized that no Utah judge would allow a man with three other "spiritual" wives and 14 other biological children to adopt three more kids. And who are going to be his character references? His other wives--women he had 6 children with apiece and never married?

If Robyn's kids' father isn't on board with this -- and it appears they haven't discussed it with him, at least from what they say on TV since Robyn talked about IF he will terminate his rights--what then? I wondered if Dayton/David's accident happened while he was visiting his father, and they plan to use that as a weapon to show he is neglectful or whatever. It takes year to TPR an unwilling parent.

So much to snark on, so little time. What a wreck of a "family."

Another 2 Brown children graduate from HS. Controversy that Janelle would not participate in the ridiculousness of the group dancing/lip synching. It was so emotionalfor her because she was feeling really put on the spot. She does not like to cry or break down in front of the group so she just walked away. They are all so outgoing; she likes to blend in and not be noticed and the rest of them have attractive, outgoing personalities. It's opposite from where she wants to be. Christine says: in a crowd of people, Christine wants to entertain a crowd of people; Janelle wants to just talk to a couple of them. All those years Janelle says she felt unhappy about the way she looked may have contributed to how she feels about public displays. She feels more confident now, because she looks & feels better. Still not a pubic dancer, though. Interviewer jokes that no one else in the family is a good dancer.

The tale of two Maddies video: Janelle says it was interesting to find out how easy it was to channel Angry Maddie from the early years after the move. Earlier, interviewer Tamryn sat down with Maddie; talked about decision to leave the church. Maddie just wants peace. This is where she belongs. Is she worried her new church (regular Mormon church) will put her in a position to defend her family? Maddie says yes, it worries her. Her family brought so much joy to her life, she would never disassociate with them. Kody is great with Maddie joining the Mormon church. How different is it? The key difference is the plural marriage. That's the most obvious difference. Will there be a time where the church tells her what her parents do is wrong? Christine says yes that will happen, but she thinks it will make her stronger. We believe in her. Having your child on "the other team" where people are saying it's wrong. Jenelle is worried about others being intolerant, but maddie will not be on another team. Maddie is a scrapper and will defend her family & educate others about it. She will make the truth known.

Coming up: divorce.

~~~~~~~~

Why is it so important for the kids to have Kody's last name? R: The kids brought it up to Robyn that they wished they had the same last name. K: I've always been there for them physically and emotionally. If R was to pass away, there's nothing K could do and he would have no claim to the kids. The main thing is to make the legal step to adopt the children. Tamryn says Meri came up with a radical solution. Clip: Telling Robyn & Kody about her decision to divorce so R & K can get married & K adopt the kids. R: Are you sure? M: has been "thinkin" about it for a long long time.

Tamryn: That was not an easy decision. Meri: I know how Kody is with his kids; those kids are part of our family, and they need to be completely. Kody: In that scene, I was hearing what Meri was saying, while trying to separate myself from the cultural meaning of divorce. Meri says Kody kept repeating over and over, asking if things would change. Kody says the word divorce was like shattering glass & he had to find his way around the word. Clip: M tells Christine & Janelle. Janelle asking jokingly could they have waited until the first of the year for tax purposes (or because the taxes will need to be changed? Missed that twice). Janelle is not laughing or smiling while watching. Janelle says she was in shock; she could not even form a thought. It was NOT "can't say something nice"....she loves R's kids as much as her own. Now she tears up...she really could not think of anything to say...producer asked her if she had anything else to say...I could think of only one logical thing to say...she was grasping at things to say. Any concerns about the change in relationships? Janelle: It changes the reality of "what is"... they way things are. Robyn: It changes the agreements they made in the beginning. Tamryn: Now we're all wondering if this changes anything else; Robyn now has the more powerful title. Robyn: It's ridiculous. Kody: The only single thing thing about it is having the family organized & having the children safe and no one taking them where they don't want to go. Is the plan guaranteed? Kody: No, but it's the best first step. R: several walls. The marriage is the first wall. Second wall is the ex: what he would do when confronted with the potential adoption. Third: the judge. Major hurdles in front of us. No guarantees. It's scary.

New season returning this fall.

There HAS to be another reason for this legal restructuring. Why wouldn't they get the bio dad to agree that he will give up his parental rights before they went through with the divorce. Poor Jangle. She has worked her ass off for this family and now Kody's estate will be in the hands of Robyn, who has know them for the least amount of time and is definitely the stupidest.

I thought that they had taken Sobbin's kids to see their dad? Meri now tweets that they haven't seen bio dad for 2 years. Are they just twisting time to suit themselves?

It may actually have been close to 2 years. I seem to remember an episode where they were going or coming from a visit to their dad during the summer. But it wasn't in this most recent season (summer 2014) which would put it in at least the summer of 2013 if not earlier.

I don't know why, but it irritates me that Kody, Meri, and Robyn (i.e., the wives chosen to be the former and current Mrs. Kody Brown) are on one couch, while Janelle and Christine (i.e., the second tier wives) are on another.

When Meri & Kody made the divorce official, it was emotional. Sobbin is sobbin'. The notary is patting Meri on the shoulder. K has to fight against and institutionalized word that has so much power. He's not angry at the government that this is how it has organized things, just angry he has to deal with it he guesses. Sobbin says no other woman would be able to experience this. It's very special.

Lots of tears in the stdio. Meri says, "You wanted sisterhood? You got your sisterhood." (Alluding to the previous conversation about not doing moms' day out kind of stuff together) Tamryn: Explain the tears. Eveyone looks to Meri. Meri doesn't want to sound like she's patting herself on the back; that's not what this was about. It's about the family. Mixed emotion...the end of something we had had, in a way, for 24 1/2 years, but at the same time it's not...she has eternity with him and with the family. Robyn: I've signed divorce papers before because I didn't want to be married...and comparing this to K & M loving each other and doing it for her. This woman loves my children enough to give this up for my kids so they can be included and brought completely into the family. It's the most beautiful experience of love you'll ever see. Sacrifice.

Kody says nothing's changed. Meri says it's better. She feels her relationship with Kody has gotten better, Christine agrees. K says it's not because of the divorce, it's because of the natural ebb & flow of relationships, and they're currently on an upswing. Meri says the divorce *DID* impact their relationship; they had to pull together and get through it. Public perception of the divorce? Christine doesn't care about the outside world's perception. Janelle does worry; she doesn't want people to say Robyn "got promoted." Meri doesn't want people to say it was pushed on her by Robyn & Kody.

About social media: Meri says the good remarks, she's very grateful for. Those people 'get it' that they are just normal people.

Tamryn looked fabulous and Janelle's hair was really shiny and straight and in a new cut maybe? Christine had flower child flowy wavy hair with so much mascara it seemed like her eyelids were to heavy to lift. Christine and Janelle have both lost noticeable amounts of weight. Meri seems to have gained it. Besides the progressing weirdness evolution of her face.

That's all, folks.

Man, there's so much crying on this show! It's like the opposite of the Duggars; with them, everyone has to stay sweet, whereas the Sister Wives crew can't go ten minutes without turning on the water works. To me, if talking about your family relationships creates this much negative emotion and tears, then maybe something needs to change.

Same with My Five Wives...which in our house, we called "My Crying Wives."

They are so ignorant. Robyn doesn't have to be in charge if/when Kody dies. He could make a will and make Janelle executor or anyone else in the world for that matter.

I don't care what "stories" the Browns choose to tell about why Meri and Kody got divorced, I don't believe them. There is no way Meri gave up her legal marriage out of the goodness of her heart. That was the one card she's had to play for years being the infertile wife and she wouldn't willingly hand it over. The videos of how happy she was on her wedding day breaks my heart. Her face today is not that of a happy woman. What is really going on?

It really pisses me off that they act like Robyn's ex has no say. I don't believe a word that comes out of that shrew's mouth. She says that her ex was abusive, but from the few glimpses that we've seen of the real her, I don't think she is a nice woman at all. The clip at the polygamy panel where she freaked out on Christine's aunt and called her sweetie was one, when she slapped Truely's hand away when they were opening Christmas presents was another, and when she got snow on her when they were in the RVs and she screamed at Kody that she didn't give a s#%! was another. Robyn's first 3 kids have a father, no matter how much she'd like to say otherwise and he hasn't signed away parental rights and probably never will so Kody will never be able to legally adopt her first 3 kids. This reason is a joke. They're all teenagers now anyway, right? So really, why do this? There is more to the story, I still think that Sobyn Robyn threw a fit, wanted to be the legal wife, Kody wanted it to, and presto, it was done. Meri probably feels stuck because they need the money for the show until Mariah graduates from college so she plays along. There are probably secret financial reasons they will benefit from for doing this too.

What a slap in the face to Janelle and Christine and their 12 kids. This will have a lasting impact on the entire family. I would imagine all of the original kids are shook up and Janelle and Christine are secretly livid. I won't be surprised when the show is over and a wife or 2 leaves. It is obvious Kody is crazy over Sobyn and she is the real wife, he is fond of Meri, Janelle is his "buddy" that he sees occasionally, and he barely tolerates Christine. I hope at least Christine leaves, it is clear this "marriage" is tearing her apart and has been since Kody married Sobyn.

I wonder if the Browns have seen how much backlash this divorce has caused? Even on their fan page on Facebook 98% of the comments are extremely anti-Robyn and people are angry at Kody for allowing this. What a change from a year ago when at least half of the comments were positive and saying how loving the Browns seemed. I would be scared to go out into public if I were Sobyn, she won her prize Kody, but most people view her as a home wrecker. I wonder how many people will keep watching this show, I know I am done. I will read about it, but I can't in good faith watch a show where I feel the adults are scammers and so disrespectful to women and children.

And yeah, according to any polygamous account I have read from women who have gotten out and I've read many, they all say legal marriage means a lot and comes with its own status.

I agree, Alexa. There are unreported things happening. And it's ridiculous to put the cart before the horse and get this done before having the ex sign over his rights. And why should he have to?

Although....maybe she's worried about her daughters. She trusts Kody and the wives with her girls' futures (promoting college, accepting different lifestyles...pretty liberal for polygamists) but must fear what would happen to them if she died and they went to bio dad. Maybe his family is ok with young, arranged marriages. And the women arent treated well. I think her biggest fear is she doesn't want them trapped or abused like she [allegedly] was. With the Browns she sees a safe future for her kids. So, if that's the case, I do see her side of things.

I don't care what "stories" the Browns choose to tell about why Meri and Kody got divorced, I don't believe them. There is no way Meri gave up her legal marriage out of the goodness of her heart. That was the one card she's had to play for years being the infertile wife and she wouldn't willingly hand it over. The videos of how happy she was on her wedding day breaks my heart. Her face today is not that of a happy woman. What is really going on?

It really pisses me off that they act like Robyn's ex has no say. I don't believe a word that comes out of that shrew's mouth. She says that her ex was abusive, but from the few glimpses that we've seen of the real her, I don't think she is a nice woman at all. The clip at the polygamy panel where she freaked out on Christine's aunt and called her sweetie was one, when she slapped Truely's hand away when they were opening Christmas presents was another, and when she got snow on her when they were in the RVs and she screamed at Kody that she didn't give a s#%! was another. Robyn's first 3 kids have a father, no matter how much she'd like to say otherwise and he hasn't signed away parental rights and probably never will so Kody will never be able to legally adopt her first 3 kids. This reason is a joke. They're all teenagers now anyway, right? So really, why do this? There is more to the story, I still think that Sobyn Robyn threw a fit, wanted to be the legal wife, Kody wanted it to, and presto, it was done. Meri probably feels stuck because they need the money for the show until Mariah graduates from college so she plays along. There are probably secret financial reasons they will benefit from for doing this too.

What a slap in the face to Janelle and Christine and their 12 kids. This will have a lasting impact on the entire family. I would imagine all of the original kids are shook up and Janelle and Christine are secretly livid. I won't be surprised when the show is over and a wife or 2 leaves. It is obvious Kody is crazy over Sobyn and she is the real wife, he is fond of Meri, Janelle is his "buddy" that he sees occasionally, and he barely tolerates Christine. I hope at least Christine leaves, it is clear this "marriage" is tearing her apart and has been since Kody married Sobyn.

I wonder if the Browns have seen how much backlash this divorce has caused? Even on their fan page on Facebook 98% of the comments are extremely anti-Robyn and people are angry at Kody for allowing this. What a change from a year ago when at least half of the comments were positive and saying how loving the Browns seemed. I would be scared to go out into public if I were Sobyn, she won her prize Kody, but most people view her as a home wrecker. I wonder how many people will keep watching this show, I know I am done. I will read about it, but I can't in good faith watch a show where I feel the adults are scammers and so disrespectful to women and children.

And yeah, according to any polygamous account I have read from women who have gotten out and I've read many, they all say legal marriage means a lot and comes with its own status.

In all polygamous societies, from fundamentalist Mormonism to the Saudi princes, there is a definite hierarchy among wives. The first wife is usually the oldest and the one with the most power among the other women and children in the households. She usually also has the power to punish errant wives and children. The Browns can claim that this "restructuring" is just for legal reasons and it has no bearing on the structure of the family, but no one believes it. Robyn ousting Meri from the position of legal wife is nothing less than a coup on her part. :shifty-kitty:

I agree, Alexa. There are unreported things happening. And it's ridiculous to put the cart before the horse and get this done before having the ex sign over his rights. And why should he have to?

Although....maybe she's worried about her daughters. She trusts Kody and the wives with her girls' futures (promoting college, accepting different lifestyles...pretty liberal for polygamists) but must fear what would happen to them if she died and they went to bio dad. Maybe his family is ok with young, arranged marriages. And the women arent treated well. I think her biggest fear is she doesn't want them trapped or abused like she [allegedly] was. With the Browns she sees a safe future for her kids. So, if that's the case, I do see her side of things.

I agree there is something fishy here. Even if something now happened to Robyn, the bio dad has more custodial rights than a step-dad. I just wonder what kind of guy would not only give up custody, but do so rather publicly... and if he's a member of a church... he's going to see them and everyone else in his life and say, yup. I handed my kids over to the Browns. I just don't see that happening either.

Though this is irrelevant, but how tight are the kids with their bio-dad to be so evidently enthusiastic about replacing him with Kody?

Meri wanted out and freedom and Robyn wanted the promotion (sorry Janelle).

Did the bio dad agree to give up his parental rights? Because if he didn't, I don't care how legally married Kody and Robyn are, Kody is not going to be able to adopt those kids. I'm with everyone else calling bullshit. No way Meri would give up her status as the only legal wife of her own volition on the theoretical chance Kody could adopt Robyn's kids. Are we really suppose to believe she did this on her own and did not ask a lawyer exactly what was involved with and yhe chances of completing an adoption like that? Do they plan to pay off the bio dad?

My heart breaks for Janelle and Christine. The disrespect the other three show them is appalling.

These peoeple are fucked up.

I think they may be hiding financial reasons as well.

However, if it is true that Robyn's ex hasn't seen the kids in two years then she may be able to file for termination of his rights as "abandonment." I've seen the show but don't follow it closely. So I don't know whether their timeline is true or exaggerated or whatever. I'm just saying they may not actually need the ex's agreement depending on the exact details of his relationship with the kids.

I think they may be hiding financial reasons as well.

However, if it is true that Robyn's ex hasn't seen the kids in two years then she may be able to file for termination of his rights as "abandonment." I've seen the show but don't follow it closely. So I don't know whether their timeline is true or exaggerated or whatever. I'm just saying they may not actually need the ex's agreement depending on the exact details of his relationship with the kids.

I actually looked online for David Preston Jessop (bio dad) to see if he had anything to say. I didn't even see any comments from Robyn's previous accusations of abuse. Something is going on there. He could just be a really private person, but sheesh you'd think he'd say *something* like Robyn and I have different recollections... Also Dayton was originally David Jr. That alone doesn't mean anything, just a bunch of pieces. But I do think the court would need some sort of response from the bio-dad-- e.g. it would have to be shown that he was served or attempt to serve etc.

And I just can see Meri as a way to get a little freedom and as FU to Christine and Janelle to hand Kody over to her BFF Robyn.

Also while I was looking I was reminded that Janelle was originally married to Meri's brother. Gee no wonder things might have been a little tense between the two in the beginning.

Archived