IGNORED

GOP State Rep Wants to Replace Obamacare With Jesuscare

doggie

I want this guy to show me a country anywhere in this world that successfully uses only faith-based medical care for their citizens. Further, show me a first-world nation that does not have some sort of state-sponsored medical care for its people. He needs to ask Jesus to show him the difference between fantasy and reality.

I want this guy to show me a country anywhere in this world that successfully uses only faith-based medical care for their citizens. Further, show me a first-world nation that does not have some sort of state-sponsored medical care for its people. He needs to ask Jesus to show him the difference between fantasy and reality.
shamans and witch doctors? :?

People living in this Christian fantasy land don't realize their beliefs are just like groups they fear. :doh:

Here's how it went down. After winning the Republican primary, apparently he was going to run unopposed, so a Democrat showed up to offer some competition. I think I found what a "leftist extremist" would look like in the context of this race. I found an article from The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Pueblo) titled:

Klingenschmitt, Fornander offer 'extremes' on both ends in House District 15 race

One of the commenters said:

"Only in the bizarro world of the GAGzette [sic] can a person be called "extreme" for believing in science and being disturbed by corporations being declared "people." Fornander would be considered a CONSERVATIVE in DENVER- and remember Denver is 5 times larger than El Paso County (insert scary music to frighten the SHEEPLE)."

Klingenschmitt got on the ballot due to an incredibly low Republican primary turnout.

Here are the Republican primary numbers for District 15:

Gordon Klingenschmitt: 3,483 votes (52.6% of vote)

Dave Williams: 3,133 votes (47.4% of vote)

Total Votes cast: 6,616

In the general election, Kligenschmitt got 69.9% of the vote out of a total of 24,403 votes cast, which I think counts as a landslide.

He represents (I use the term loosely) 96,911 people in what looks to be the Colorado Springs area. Also, I noticed that Colorado has term limits (no more than 4, 2-year terms) and likely the representative for that district aged out of the system.

Using some Google Fu, I found that Colorado Springs is considered the 2nd best city for conservatives (Forbes) and it makes many other top 10 lists, especially for conservative (read evangelical) christians.

In the 1980s the city began to actively pursue christian ministries and christian businesses, (Christian publishers, for example), with tax incentives and promises of an environment rich with possibilities of networking with like minded people. Focus on the Family is in CO Springs, along with a bunch of other mega churches. A lot of retired military (generally a conservative crowd, in the traditional sense) have moved there.

That's some data/context for you; it cannot even get close to addressing the existential question you posed: "How can people vote for shitheads like this?" :shock:

Brilliant!

Exactly. My work requires me to follow state politics and in many cases it's barely accurate to say that these folks are elected. You impress a few dozen people down at the VFW hall and end up on the ballot. Turnout for local office primaries is like 10% tops-- often just a few hundred people vote. And once you have the nomination it doesn't really matter what you say or do, because the vast majority of voters will never read a single reported story from your campaign and will make a decision based solely on party affiliation. A huge portion of state legislators run unopposed, so they may not even have to open their mouths in public before election day.

Well Jesus must be super extra pissed at my son because he has a medical condition that he got at conception. One wonders what a one-celled organism can do to piss off a god, but clearly my son did it.

People living in this Christian fantasy land don't realize their beliefs are just like groups they fear. :doh:

I guess you can go to shamans and witch doctors for your basic care but I wouldn't go to one for open-heart surgery or dialysis. Dollars will get you donuts that there would be "Christian" practitioners popping up to "treat" people of faith. What a great scam that would be. If you don't get better it is your own fault because you didn't pray the right way.

What what grave sins do babies commit that make some of them born with a disease that makes it so they can't even be touched without their skin pulling apart into painful blisters?

http://www.kcra.com/news/rare-disease-m ... e/30240404

That evil, vile asshole would probably say those babies deserve it for not having faith in the womb.

I think they would argue the sins of the father fall down onto the child. It is always someone's fault. Things don't just happen in their world.

What what grave sins do babies commit that make some of them born with a disease that makes it so they can't even be touched without their skin pulling apart into painful blisters?

http://www.kcra.com/news/rare-disease-m ... e/30240404

That evil, vile asshole would probably say those babies deserve it for not having faith in the womb.

I've often wondered about this given my son has a congenital condition- a very expensive congenital condition that would most certainly not be be covered by Scamaritan. I suppose they could say it was my fault and they are punishing the sins of the "mother" but the gene in question goes back to my great-great-grandmother which is more than the 3 generations quoted in the bible (I think)

Nope. Shamans and Witches and other native healers might use faith and prayers and other rituals for part of their treatment method. But they would also use various medicines they made. So this guys on his own.

We ought to look to the Lord for our health care. He said, ‘If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.’

So what about all the people who need a doctor because they are injured and require stitches etc. Not all doctors visits are to do with disease...(not that this is the worst part of the filth he spews), just a thought.

I won't even go there with how this idiot managed to get elected. I don't understand at all...

I've often wondered about this given my son has a congenital condition- a very expensive congenital condition that would most certainly not be be covered by Scamaritan. I suppose they could say it was my fault and they are punishing the sins of the "mother" but the gene in question goes back to my great-great-grandmother which is more than the 3 generations quoted in the bible (I think)

The mom of a friend of mine would say that it was your fault; you either didn’t eat right, act right or have enough faith and that while it is sad, it is god’s will to punish you (by punishing your son). To them, science has nothing to do with it. :x

Thoughts like this drive me crazy as it is just extreme victim blaming. They’re poor, sick etc because they weren’t good enough. They did something to end up in their condition and now they’re being punished etc. Therefore, I am not morally obligated to help them or feel any empathy for them. :angry-banghead:

Archived