IGNORED

GOP State Rep Wants to Replace Obamacare With Jesuscare

doggie

I can`t believe anyone would elect this asshat. But it shows anyone can gain office.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/20 ... are-video/

Newly-elected Colorado GOP State Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt has a revolutionary idea for health care — just replace the Affordable Care Act with faith in Jesus!

Klingenschmitt, who once tried to exorcise demons from President Barack Obama’s dark, filthy soul and was discharged from the Navy after he disobeyed orders and politicked in uniform, said on his Pray in Jesus’ Name show that people should rely on God for their health care:

We ought to look to the Lord for our health care. He said, ‘If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.’

“Isn’t that inspiring? I personally prefer to look to almighty God as my healer and not to the government as a substitute god or substitute healer,†Klingenschmitt said, before praying for those who support the Affordable Care Act.

“Will you pray with me? Let’s pray. Father in Heaven, we turn away from the idolatry that so many have in their hearts, that they think government is a better healer than Jesus. But, Jesus, we know you are the healer.

Klingenschmitt later added in his prayer:

Lord, we repent of worshiping President Obama as if he is a god, and he is not, or depending entirely upon the government as if it is our provider, and it is not.

Klingenschmitt believes President Obama is filled with a number of demons, including “death,†“murder,†“child-murder,†“sexual abuse,†“genocide,†“paganism,†“witchcraft,†“homosexual lust,†and “anti-Christian oppression.â€

According to Klingenschmitt, Obama is using his health care agenda to give Americans cancer. A rabid anti-LGBT warrior, Klingenschmitt claims that President Obama wants to force Christians to engage in anal sex. Recently, he also pushed an entirely unfounded bit of dumbf*ckery that gay soldiers are a liability because their horrible sodomy has forced them to wear diapers, which they must take breaks to change on the battlefield.

I hope that Mr. Klingenschmitt gets to his heaven and shocked shitless that St. Peter is Paul Lynde and God turned out to be Liberace. :music-tool:

I hate the people in this country, we'll our leaders anyway. Gee Jesus is sure going a good job with all the poor children, men, women, veterans who are homeless, hungry, have no medical insurance, food, jobs. No offense Jesus. But for a country that believes in god they sure don't live by his words or teachings

then since he believes in "Jesuscare" then maybe they should make sure he has no state paid insurance....

I have no problem with Jesus Christ, but many of his followers scare me. If he ever came back, he'd be as thrilled as a pig in shit with some of his biggest cheerleaders.

... Obama is using his health care agenda to give Americans cancer.

... gay soldiers are a liability because their horrible sodomy has forced them to wear diapers, which they must take breaks to change on the battlefield.

Somebody forgot his meds.

Newsflash Klingenschmitt. Jesus healed the sick and asked for nothing in return. As Christians, shouldn't we follow His example?

...so this guy was deemed unfit to serve our country when he was in the military, so the people elected him into office to...serve the country (or well, at least his state)? :wtf:

If you read the article it isn't even just the run of the mill hating Obama Care because it mean poor people might get health care.

It's the even more extreme version. That health care in general shouldn't be needed if you just have enough faith.

I hate the ones who think that prayer alone is what will keep you alive. And I hate the ones who promote that line of thought even more.

It turns your faith into some sort of contest. And what about the kids who die -- should their parents feel guilty that they didn't pray hard enough? I understand praying in difficult times and asking God for help, if you're religious -- as well as getting medical help. But when it's emphasised to the extent this guy takes it ----- arrrggghhhh.so needlessly guilt inducing for some people. :angry-banghead:

then since he believes in "Jesuscare" then maybe they should make sure he has no state paid insurance....

I was thinking when I read it was 'I wonder if he's taking health care?'

Asshat. How could he get elected?

Pretty sure plenty of people got diagnosed with cancer before Obama could ever use his agenda to do anything, much less promote healthcare. :roll:

This fool either needs to up his dosage, or get one if he doesn't have meds already.

Wait...our family are not Christians. Can we keep Obamacare? I wonder if this guy gets a PSA test. I mean, why bother if you can just pray the cancer away?

I hope that Mr. Klingenschmitt gets to his heaven and shocked shitless that St. Peter is Paul Lynde and God turned out to be Liberace. :music-tool:

Dude, I *loved* Paul Lynde. If he's actually Saint Paul, I'm gonna be so happy :lol:

Klingenschmitt: We ought to look to the Lord for our health care. He said, ‘If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.

Just to be clear: these are the 10 plagues that God visited upon the Egyptians:

Water to blood

Frogs

Gnats/lice

Flies

Diseased Livestock

Boils

Thunder & hail

Locusts

Darkness

Death of firstborn (human & animal)

I'm guessing Jesuscare would not cover Lice or Boils, because somebody sinned, bigtime. Doesn't sound like first borns would be covered either, because again, sin. Plus same thing on your homeowners policy. Ain't nobody gonna pay for hail damage for the same damned reason: God is pissed at you.

Honestly, this guy is certifiable. The main thing I do like about him is that he makes conservative Texas politicians look (relatively) normal in comparison. :shock:

It is really seriously terrifying this guy was elected to congress.

He isn't just far-far-far right with really hateful views. The election of people with views I think are awful is just part of the process - they think my views are awful.

Even the far-right swing in the last election - I think it's very disappointing, and scary, but people can vote for whatever they think is best.

But this guy is like some parody of everything that's wrong with the Internet. He's the guy you see in all the comment sections ranting with crazy theories while probably actually wearing a tin foil hat.

That he was actually elected should, I think, be one of the end times signs.

This lunatic will be sorry if he has any health problems and doesn't have insurance.

UjomOfY.jpg

How can people vote for shitheads like this?

How can people vote for shitheads like this?

UjomOfY.jpg

Here's how it went down. After winning the Republican primary, apparently he was going to run unopposed, so a Democrat showed up to offer some competition. I think I found what a "leftist extremist" would look like in the context of this race. I found an article from The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Pueblo) titled:

Klingenschmitt, Fornander offer 'extremes' on both ends in House District 15 race

One of the commenters said:

"Only in the bizarro world of the GAGzette [sic] can a person be called "extreme" for believing in science and being disturbed by corporations being declared "people." Fornander would be considered a CONSERVATIVE in DENVER- and remember Denver is 5 times larger than El Paso County (insert scary music to frighten the SHEEPLE)."

Klingenschmitt got on the ballot due to an incredibly low Republican primary turnout.

Here are the Republican primary numbers for District 15:

Gordon Klingenschmitt: 3,483 votes (52.6% of vote)

Dave Williams: 3,133 votes (47.4% of vote)

Total Votes cast: 6,616

In the general election, Kligenschmitt got 69.9% of the vote out of a total of 24,403 votes cast, which I think counts as a landslide.

He represents (I use the term loosely) 96,911 people in what looks to be the Colorado Springs area. Also, I noticed that Colorado has term limits (no more than 4, 2-year terms) and likely the representative for that district aged out of the system.

Using some Google Fu, I found that Colorado Springs is considered the 2nd best city for conservatives (Forbes) and it makes many other top 10 lists, especially for conservative (read evangelical) christians.

In the 1980s the city began to actively pursue christian ministries and christian businesses, (Christian publishers, for example), with tax incentives and promises of an environment rich with possibilities of networking with like minded people. Focus on the Family is in CO Springs, along with a bunch of other mega churches. A lot of retired military (generally a conservative crowd, in the traditional sense) have moved there.

That's some data/context for you; it cannot even get close to addressing the existential question you posed: "How can people vote for shitheads like this?" :shock:

Brilliant!

Mama Mia: But this guy is like some parody of everything that's wrong with the Internet. He's the guy you see in all the comment sections ranting with crazy theories while probably actually wearing a tin foil hat.

That he was actually elected should, I think, be one of the end times signs.

are there any crazies like this on the left? :lol:

what would that even look like? extreme environmentalism? lol

All I can think of is people who have been caught doing stuff... like Anthony Weiner and Rod Blagojevich. I don't think that counts as crazy, at least not in this league.

Who IS that woman? That was the longest 2 minutes, 25 seconds of my life. She did not heal the headache that I got at approximately the 5 second mark. I was also afraid that god would give me an extra womb when I hadn't even asked for a back-up womb. How scary is that?

The reality is that Jesus would probably want healthcare to be free. He fed the hungry and healed the sick. I don't think he would have thought that a pre-existing condition should preclude you from insurance. I find it amusing that the GOP and fundies spend so much time talking about Jesus, yet nearly everything they advocate is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught.

Archived