IGNORED

Ardnts Working on A New Version of FamTeam!

nelliebelle1197

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just watching a couple of their videos, and I think the thing that creeps me out the most about this family is the way every single one of them has the same, weird inflection when they speak. It's like they all have the same speech impediment. You've got to be seriously sheltered for that to happen to everyone in a family of sixteen, methinks. Yikes.

I was just watching a couple of their videos, and I think the thing that creeps me out the most about this family is the way every single one of them has the same, weird inflection when they speak. It's like they all have the same speech impediment. You've got to be seriously sheltered for that to happen to everyone in a family of sixteen, methinks. Yikes.

IIRC, because their odd speech pattens have been discussed before, the younger boys are even worse than the older ones...maybe due to the exposure the older guys get to the outside world through work etc. Such exposure may have knocked a few "rough edges" of their speech patterns, or perhaps they weren't as bad as the younger kids to begin with.

As someone who has not watched any of the videos the Ardnt's are making, what are they about? I just imagine a continuing story like a bad soap opera. Also, why is it taking so long? It seems like people have been talking about this project for years. Do the Ardnt's believe that the final version will be released in theaters or on tv? I don't understand it's purpose.

IIRC, because their odd speech pattens have been discussed before, the younger boys are even worse than the older ones...maybe due to the exposure the older guys get to the outside world through work etc. Such exposure may have knocked a few "rough edges" of their speech patterns, or perhaps they weren't as bad as the younger kids to begin with.

Per their website when they announced the "series"

"We envision the series (at present we are at work on the pilot program) to be a blend of drama, comedy, romance, action, and inspiration. In an effort to keep our website visitors apprised of our efforts, we have decided to present, on a weekly basis, segments of footage that have been culled from our filming sessions.

These clips are being offered in a random fashion, without reference to any larger context or story line. (That’s a fancy way of saying that we don’t yet have an actual script!) In an effort to provide our visitors with some background or structure, we include a link to the yet-to-be-completed Winter on the Mountain manuscript, upon which the Vine Valley pilot episode has been loosely based."

http://famteam.tv/wordpress/vine-valley-project

Has anyone watched it as a series? I thought all along it was a "movie".....

Today my top banner ad is for Madagascar penguin chicken nuggets.

Thanks to who ever posted a picture of that in an earlier thread. I still think it's funny and now I am getting ads to remind me! :wink-penguin:

I tried to watch a video about them taking the yearly Christmas picture but I almost died of boredom. The most interesting part was that the oldest son apparently had a tiny bit of a life outside the family and couldn't make it. He also looks best with a beard, at least imo.

There is another video where they video themselves watching old family videos. I didn't realize that Mama Ardnt was originally a court stenographer and Papa Ardnt didn't learn it until after they got married. One thing that amazed me about the old videos is that it shows one of the sons as a toddler repeatedly telling the dad "NO!" when being asked to do something. There was no punishment and the dad did not get upset, he just turns the situation into a little game and then the child obeys. In another video a preschool age son is crying because he is upset that the mother left. The dad asks him about why he felt upset and the child starts talking about his feelings and says he wants the dad to turn of the camera and hold him, so the dad does. We cut to Daddy Arndt today talking about how it is important to get children to talk about their feelings to help them calm down because it is important that children are able to express how they feel. I'm sort of amazed at their approach to parenting small children. Clearly the kids felt like they could tell the dad "No" with no fear of being beaten and could tell them how they felt.

Mama Arndt has apparently always worn short white shorts. :lol:

One of the Arndt manboys should court one of the Maxwell daughters.

Mama Ardnt's white shorts would never be forgiven by Steve. :lol: I get the feeling that Daddy Arndt would have been happy as a stay at home dad but his religious beliefs made him feel like he had to work and the wife couldn't. I think he is overly attached to his children and don't want any of them to grow up.

I tried to watch a video about them taking the yearly Christmas picture but I almost died of boredom. The most interesting part was that the oldest son apparently had a tiny bit of a life outside the family and couldn't make it. He also looks best with a beard, at least imo.

There is another video where they video themselves watching old family videos. I didn't realize that Mama Ardnt was originally a court stenographer and Papa Ardnt didn't learn it until after they got married. One thing that amazed me about the old videos is that it shows one of the sons as a toddler repeatedly telling the dad "NO!" when being asked to do something. There was no punishment and the dad did not get upset, he just turns the situation into a little game and then the child obeys. In another video a preschool age son is crying because he is upset that the mother left. The dad asks him about why he felt upset and the child starts talking about his feelings and says he wants the dad to turn of the camera and hold him, so the dad does. We cut to Daddy Arndt today talking about how it is important to get children to talk about their feelings to help them calm down because it is important that children are able to express how they feel. I'm sort of amazed at their approach to parenting small children. Clearly the kids felt like they could tell the dad "No" with no fear of being beaten and could tell them how they felt.

Mama Arndt has apparently always worn short white shorts. :lol:

Maybe this is what happens when you don't beat your children with plumbing line...they never want to leave!

I agree that that Rick and Cathy seem to have had a way with little kids. They seemed patient and very in-tune with the needs and behaviors of young children. I doubt they ever hit them. But somehow they managed to turn that ability to gently manipulate into something darker as the kids got older. I'm fairly well convinced that the Arndt offspring are suffering from some sort of brainwashing. They can't leave because they're convinced God has brought them to the world's greatest family and they can't find any outsiders that measure up enough to be brought into the family fold. Not to mention the fact that any potential suitors would probably find them nutty, juvenile, under-achieving, and obsessed with each other.

Per their website when they announced the "series"

"We envision the series (at present we are at work on the pilot program) to be a blend of drama, comedy, romance, action, and inspiration. In an effort to keep our website visitors apprised of our efforts, we have decided to present, on a weekly basis, segments of footage that have been culled from our filming sessions.

These clips are being offered in a random fashion, without reference to any larger context or story line. (That’s a fancy way of saying that we don’t yet have an actual script!) In an effort to provide our visitors with some background or structure, we include a link to the yet-to-be-completed Winter on the Mountain manuscript, upon which the Vine Valley pilot episode has been loosely based."

http://famteam.tv/wordpress/vine-valley-project

Has anyone watched it as a series? I thought all along it was a "movie".....

This makes no sense at all. So they have an unfinished script, "Winter on the Mountain," upon which the scriptless "Vine Valley" is based? WTF? Get some structure. How do these people ever get anything done? Oh wait....

The fact that "Vine Valley" has no script and is loosely based on another unfinished project is probably the least surprising news ever.

:roll:

So they throw the unfinished "Winter on the Mountain" script up on the internet, along with random footage of "Vine Valley," and this is supposed to keep people interested in their project? Here's a marketing tip for you Arndts-Ever-Going-To-Finish: Don't put something on the internet, i.e. try to advertise your project, unless and until you've really got something. Nobody wants to see your unfinished, half-assed, half-baked amateurish practice attempts.

The Arndts-Ever-Going-To-Finish have a serious disconnect between how interesting they are and how interesting they think they are. Geesh.

:penguin-no:

On the one hand I think they should pair off with the seven sisters.

On the other I think that the only thing worse than two families of emotionally and socially stunted adult children would for them to intermarry and create another generation of innocents.

I agree that that Rick and Cathy seem to have had a way with little kids. They seemed patient and very in-tune with the needs and behaviors of young children. I doubt they ever hit them. But somehow they managed to turn that ability to gently manipulate into something darker as the kids got older. I'm fairly well convinced that the Arndt offspring are suffering from some sort of brainwashing.

I think Rick and Cathy, like my own parents, were more probably more comfortable with parenting their kids when they were little, when they could be completely in charge and feel that they were completely in control, even when a kid said "no!". They seem to the types who want safety and certainty in the world and are worried about the "bad things" out there. But rather than accept risks and deal with uncertainty in order to encourage independence in their children as they grow up (and adjusting their parenting accordingly), they focus on keeping their children safe and protected in the family sphere, the only place that is safe and certain to Mom and Dad. They don't make the transition from being parents of kids to parents of adults preferring to keep the kids in perpetual childhood. It makes Mom and Dad feel better, but they don't realize that feeling better is not the goal. Raising your kids to be independent and mature adults is.

I hope the bolded refers to something happening romantically for the boys, not just Mum and Dad being romantic :ew: a la Michelle and JB

I hope the bolded refers to something happening romantically for the boys, not just Mum and Dad being romantic :ew: a la Michelle and JB

I'm thinking maybe ducks, stuffed penguins, and/or Lego people?

Who would play the girl in that scenario though? All they've got is Wizzy and that would be just wrong.

Likely the romance is that of Mommy and Daddy. They also have a couple of "actors" who are working on this with them. I saw the name in Dad's Diary but haven't the heart right now to go look up the passages!

Dad's Diary December 18, 2014

We all continue to pray in tongues (as individuals) for at least 20 or 30 minutes a day. We began this little program on or near Mark’s birthday (July 29).

It seems as if many breakthroughs have been happening since we entered into this covenant or commitment. We do not want to make the mistake of trying to “organize†or “box†the Holy Spirit in any way (as we have been individually exercising our prayer languages for decades), but I am convinced that God has been working in a special way since we made the decision to “interweave†our efforts!

:roll: Wow. Maybe spiritual ecstacy for 30 minutes a day plus a couple of hours of workouts is enough to kill a sex drive///

Also.. this

Seth has just come into the room — and has now left it. I receive a number of visits each day, and also make many of them (to various parts of the house).
Is dad going a bit senile? Why would he write this kind of crap/detail?

Archived