IGNORED

Ardnts Working on A New Version of FamTeam!

nelliebelle1197

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also.. this

Is dad going a bit senile? Why would he write this kind of crap/detail?

OK, that's just weird - even for an Arndt. Most people make visits to other rooms in their home every day, unless they are incapacitated in some way. He's so pretentious and odd. On what planet is that of remotely interesting? Or noteworthy?

I think he just ran out of ways to phrase "(Insert random Ardnt name) came into my office room while (insert various random combination of Ardnts) conversed outside the door. Despite the busyness of the day, Cathy and I managed a drive in which we discussed issues with our upcoming projects. Mary Elizabeth ran errands with Cathy. We enjoyed brisk workouts in shifts at the Y center. Cathy did 76 minutes on the cross trainer at home."

The repetitiveness of their lives would drive me insane.

Daddy has been posting his diary for over a decade and nothing ever changes. Jude is editing. Mary is baking. Cathy is doing laundry. Paul by now should be gliding over the roadways returning from a deposition. I sit in my office room and type these few words. Some of the guys are at the Y center. Later we will come together as a entire group and then into small groups to pray about the many changes that are upon us as a family.

A decade of this. No one does anything that isn't strictly within Daddy's prescribed activities. No one is taking a part-time job at Radio Shack to help cover the costs of a new hobby. Nobody is meeting a new friend - girl or boy - down at the yogurt shop. Certainly none of the 30-somethings are apartment or job hunting.

Daddy seems to fantasize that they live in a more wholesome past, apart from the rest of us. No sex, no drugs, no non-Christian rock n' roll. He seems not to realize that people in the 1950's - or the 1850's - actually did stuff beyond hanging around the house and going to the Y center. And I doubt any other offspring in the history of time have been required to spend years traveling about the country to film their father stumbling around in the snow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: these posts are hilarious.

These people are borderline unhinged. I mean, let's step back from this for a sec: Daddy A's ramblings are so weird. Vine Valley is totally illogical. These people MIGHT creep me out more than the Duggars!

:lol: :lol: :lol: these posts are hilarious.

These people are borderline unhinged. I mean, let's step back from this for a sec: Daddy A's ramblings are so weird. Vine Valley is totally illogical. These people MIGHT creep me out more than the Duggars!

Gotta wonder how many girls ran away once they realized how weird things are. And it probably wouldn't take much. Between their way of speaking, their love of penguins, being like kids not allowed to grow up, it wouldn't take long to realize that they are not dealing with normal people. And I wouldn't underestimate how word may have gotten around about this weird family.

Cathy doesn't have to worry about anyone taking away her manboys.

Rick is so much in la la land that he honestly thinks the boys will find a wife.....someday. Years from now, he will still be talking about their finding a wife and living on the compound, even as they move into their 40's and 50's. Hope springs eternal.

They don't seem to be trying too hard to find wives. I know that's Jesus's job, but he could probably use a little bit of assistance.

Why, here are two of the boys today:

20141222_235350.jpg

"Just like the old days… Paul [age 34] and John [age 32] playing Bases Loaded on NES."

Old days, new days, all the same days in Arndtsville.

Dad's Diary included this reference to their family meeting

Yesterday’s meeting was extremely refreshing — and healing. We continued with our practice of breaking into small groups (for transparent sharing and personal ministry), something that Cathy and I began doing in the 1970s, during the Life in the Spirit seminars.

(12/22/14)

miamiccr.com/life-in-the-spirit-seminar.html so I looked for life in the spirit seminars which are charismatic catholic Imagine a whole life of being in a seminar....

Dad's Diary December 18, 2014

:roll: Wow. Maybe spiritual ecstacy for 30 minutes a day plus a couple of hours of workouts is enough to kill a sex drive///

Also.. this

Is dad going a bit senile? Why would he write this kind of crap/detail?

Charismatic Catholics!!! I honestly haven't heard of any for at least 20 years. The one with whom I was close friends was a woman who wanted very much to be married, but dressed in the most masculine women's clothes I'd ever seen, and acted like a guy - great gal, but apparently all the guys she met thought she was a good pal and that's all. When I suggested she try wearing something other than boxy trousers and blue and white and black argyle sweaters for a less "pally" and more "romantic" look, she regarded me as if I were incomprehensible. So -- a few similarities between her and the Arndts -- and maybe part of the answer to the mystery of how So Many young men have stayed home, but all accounts as placid as can be.

For those of us who have been inquiring about when Vine Valley will be ready for prime time, Daddy Arndt (who I'm sure reads here) has kindly provided an update:

I am not sure when Vine Valley will be premiered, but when it is, a couple of partial showings might be necessary, as the film could run for more than three hours — and perhaps for more than five.

Just five measly hours? After all of those years of traveling and filming in the snow? Not to mention the endless editing. Come on, Rick, don't be stingy. We want at least a five day marathon shown down at the old movie house.

More than five hours?! That is way too long a time to watch Papa Ardnt stumble around in the snow. If it ever is completed(I'm not sure that will happen in my life time) the free jinger member who watches the whole damn thing needs to win an award.

In the unlikely event it is ever released i would think a webinar viewing so comments could be made on the fly and a drinking game are in order. And breaking it into sements

Dad's Diary included this reference to their family meeting

(12/22/14)

miamiccr.com/life-in-the-spirit-seminar.html so I looked for life in the spirit seminars which are charismatic catholic Imagine a whole life of being in a seminar....

What does he mean by healing? What is broken? A relationship? A person?

And something about transparent sharing sounds strange to me. Are these people not allowed to have secrets at all? Are the "boys" supposed to share with their mom or little sister that they jerked off in the bathroom to a Glamour magazine after family lunch the other day? Or that they had an impure thought about a penguin?

Archived