IGNORED

I wonder if they are jealous of Erin

Hisey

It seems as if it is mandatory to like these two. When they said that they will leave it up to the doctor to decide the number of their kids that doesn't put the wife through much more miscarriages and doesn't pose too much threat on her health, I was happy. Fucking happy. Leaving it up to a skilled professional sounds more reasonable to me than leaving it up to a wifeless, childless, ephebophile like gothard and people got all riled up. They are not given the chance to say "hey, we just want three" in that world. Having fertility issues is their only way to say fuck no to having as many kids as a german shepherd in one litter. They seem to be untouchable and everything they do is perfect. They are still fundies, anti-choicers, homophobes. On the other hand though, when I said that people in online newspapers should leave Whitney's troubled teenage past the fuck alone, when she was tossed around like a ragdoll, having no proper childhood whatsoever, someone said that "just because fundies seem happy they don't deserve any kind of special treatment". Why do these two? Because their anti-choicer, homophobic fundie life happens under a sugar coated pink barbie doll house? The fact that they avoid the issue of talking about their homophobia and their anti-choicer ways doesn't make it go away, when push comes to shove, they'll be outside rallying for right wing politicians who will outban gay marriage or the right to abortion. Erin's so fucking intolerant towards everything that's different from their right-wing, confederate flag waving ways that she openly expressed her disgust towards green haired people. We are talking about people who just choose to change their hair color to green for a short while since they don't last, I know since I had blue hair once. They are intolerant as shit when it comes to people's choice about their body. She was disgusted by people who change their hair color. I don't know what is it about them that I'm obliged to like or love, and I especially don't want a litter of theirs running around rallying against human rights or shunning people over petty shit like unusual hair color.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems as if it is mandatory to like these two. When they said that they will leave it up to the doctor to decide the number of their kids that doesn't put the wife through much more miscarriages and doesn't pose too much threat on her health, I was happy. Fucking happy. Leaving it up to a skilled professional sounds more reasonable to me than leaving it up to a wifeless, childless, ephebophile like gothard and people got all riled up. They are not given the chance to say "hey, we just want three" in that world. Having fertility issues is their only way to say fuck no to having as many kids as a german shepherd in one litter. They seem to be untouchable and everything they do is perfect. They are still fundies, anti-choicers, homophobes. On the other hand though, when I said that people in online newspapers should leave Whitney's troubled teenage past the fuck alone, when she was tossed around like a ragdoll, having no proper childhood whatsoever, someone said that "just because fundies seem happy they don't deserve any kind of special treatment". Why do these two? Because their anti-choicer, homophobic fundie life happens under a sugar coated pink barbie doll house? The fact that they avoid the issue of talking about their homophobia and their anti-choicer ways doesn't make it go away, when push comes to shove, they'll be outside rallying for right wing politicians who will outban gay marriage or the right to abortion. Erin's so fucking intolerant towards everything that's different from their right-wing, confederate flag waving ways that she openly expressed her disgust towards green haired people. We are talking about people who just choose to change their hair color to green for a short while since they don't last, I know since I had blue hair once. They are intolerant as shit when it comes to people's choice about their body. She was disgusted by people who change their hair color. I don't know what is it about them that I'm obliged to like or love, and I especially don't want a litter of theirs running around rallying against human rights or shunning people over petty shit like unusual hair color.

If I had to wish bad things on everyone I know who is anti-abortion and homophobic, I'd be wishing bad things on a lot of people that are really close to me.

Maybe I'm wrong for not hating all people with harmful/hateful beliefs, but that's just the way it is. :shrug:

No, you're just soooooo much holier than me. You are such an evolved and loving creature for LOVING and defending homophobes and anti-women bigoted fucks and so much better than everyone else who's fed up with the fundie hatred and would like the world to move towards a better direction. Good for you for being such a saint. Than innocent smiley is the icing on the cake. "I dunno how or why, but I'm an amazing person :shrug: "

No, you're just soooooo much holier than me. You are such an evolved and loving creature and so much better than everyone else who's fed up with the fundie hatred and would like the world to move towards a better direction. Good for you for being such a saint.

Well, that's not what I said or what I meant. I seriously meant that maybe I'm wrong. But I can't wish bad things on my sisters or my dad or my grandparents. Maybe that's putting family above principle and maybe that's wrong.

EDIT: And also, no. That's not what I intended with the shrug. I was a bit worried that's how it would come across, but I thought it was okay and my intended meaning of a kind of resigned shrug would come through. I'm sorry for communicating poorly.

Nobody was talking about your relatives. :oops: :oops: And as to wishing for "BAD THINGS", when you are done twisting words and deliberately derailing the conversation, could you point out where I wished cancer upon them or a car accident or anything like that, because thus far you are not only making no sense on purpose, you are making false statements. They ARE having a kid, hooray. There. They have their precious future fundie cooking. Another one. And they'll have more. Dragging your relatives into the convo was totally unnecessary.

If I had to wish bad things on everyone I know who is anti-abortion and homophobic, I'd be wishing bad things on a lot of people that are really close to me.

Maybe I'm wrong for not hating all people with harmful/hateful beliefs, but that's just the way it is. :shrug:

Oh wow, that holier-than-thou passive aggression is one reason I do not miss hard core Christians in my life.

Nobody was talking about your relatives. :oops: :oops: And as to wishing for "BAD THINGS", when you are done twisting words and deliberately derailing the conversation, could you point out where I wished cancer upon them or a car accident or anything like that, because thus far you are not only making no sense on purpose, you are making false statements. They ARE having a kid, hooray. There. They have their precious future fundie cooking. Another one. And they'll have more. Dragging your relatives into the convo was totally unnecessary.

Sorry, yeah, I talked about my relatives. I said, "If I had to wish bad things on everyone I know who is anti-abortion and homophobic, I'd be wishing bad things on a lot of people that are really close to me." Friends and relatives. EDIT: I know I didn't specifically say "relatives," but I think mentioning people really close to me implies either that or a family-like level of closeness with friends.

And I did miss read one of the things you quoted. When I read the quote about Whitney that someone had posted, I remembered it wrong and put the "happy" part in the last part of the sentence and completely misremembered it-- like that Whitney shouldn't be happy just because she had a hard life. Total fuck up on my part, and I definitely apologize. The whole thing was more a reply to that idea and not to you specifically.

I was just trying to point out why some of us may "like" fundies (especially younger fundies) more than others might-- because we know and love (good) people with harmful beliefs. I should have said, "If I hated everyone I know who is anti-abortion and homophobic, I'd hate a lot of people that are really close to me." I wasn't trying to say anything about you or against you or anything. I was literally just trying to point out why some of us here may be more tolerant towards some of these fundies than others are-- because many of us come from fundamentalist or conservative backgrounds and still have strong ties to people within those groups, just like you were trying to point out why you don't need to feel obligated to like these people. And you aren't obligated to like them, of course. I wasn't trying to say otherwise.

And I really meant it when I said, "Maybe I'm wrong." Maybe it is wrong to let familial ties keep me quiet when people say hurtful things. Maybe I should take a stronger stance and move away from them. I really do wonder about it sometimes. But I know it won't happen even if it should, hence the :shrug: .

EDIT: I realize my first post came across as shitty. I did not mean it to be shitty, so I am legitimately apologizing for communicating poorly. I'm sorry. I made a quick post before going and doing something else, and I didn't take into account the way that kind of language can come off, especially through text and around people who don't know me.

When they said that they will leave it up to the doctor to decide the number of their kids that doesn't put the wife through much more miscarriages and doesn't pose too much threat on her health,

I'm curious about that. I seem to have missed it. When and where did they say that they'd leave it to the doctor to decide?

Another FJ member posted an article from People magazine, it was in the ERING BATEZ IZ PREGNUNT!!!!!eleventy thread. Some of us read the article and noticed how they said they'll consult about their final number of their children with a doctor (instead of the bible, god, gil, gothard etc). Some of us pointed out that it was really fortunate to leave that up to a professional and those some of us were nominated monsters of the year for not wanting chad's wife to be put through miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage until she finally dries up in 25 more years.

Thanks for the means to find it. That was all I needed.

This is the quote. She said that they will consult with the doctors not let the doctor decide how many children they will have. I knew I hadn't read that. They might decide to have fewer than the doctor thinks they might be able to do because she can't handle the nausea or the needles.

"With the at-risk pregnancy and everything, we want me to be able to stay healthy and that also means having a healthy baby," Erin says. "I think we're taking it one day at a time at this point and just trying to see what the doctors say and what the best decision is for us."

No, you're just soooooo much holier than me. You are such an evolved and loving creature for LOVING and defending homophobes and anti-women bigoted fucks and so much better than everyone else who's fed up with the fundie hatred and would like the world to move towards a better direction. Good for you for being such a saint. Than innocent smiley is the icing on the cake. "I dunno how or why, but I'm an amazing person :shrug: "

Whoa. I don't think she was defending nor endorsing the beliefs of "homophobes and anti-women bigoted fucks" that you refer to but rather stating that it would take a hell of a lot of emotional energy and anger to wish bad things on everyone she knew who may fall into that category. Most of us don't carry that kind of resentment around with us all the time. Hatred met with more hatred isn't, as you say, making "the world move towards a better direction." (Whatever that means.)

I read someplace that she has a blood clotting disorder and they are getting treatment right not

Whoa. I don't think she was defending nor endorsing the beliefs of "homophobes and anti-women bigoted fucks" that you refer to but rather stating that it would take a hell of a lot of emotional energy and anger to wish bad things on everyone she knew who may fall into that category. Most of us don't carry that kind of resentment around with us all the time. Hatred met with more hatred isn't, as you say, making "the world move towards a better direction." (Whatever that means.)

Yeah, seriously. Firiel did not deserve that. She did not even say what you inferred she said. Why the unwarranted attack?

Thanks for the means to find it. That was all I needed.

This is the quote. She said that they will consult with the doctors not let the doctor decide how many children they will have. I knew I hadn't read that. They might decide to have fewer than the doctor thinks they might be able to do because she can't handle the nausea or the needles.

It's okay, I'm glad you find the info you needed!

Archived