IGNORED

I just don't even know what to say - Unbuckled Kids

formergothardite

eightbawl.blogspot.com/2011/08/pretty-happy-funny-real-aug-18.html

Scroll down to the video at the bottom. They are driving, the very, very small children are not even buckled in and are dancing all over the place. :o :shock: :shock: That is so unsafe. Why oh why would you not only let your kids do that, but video it and post it on your blog? And we are the ones who don't view children as blessings?!

:shock: Oh, yikes. What an adorable family, and what an incredibly dangerous thing to do; much less video, and then post on the net! Hopefully a rare lapse of insanity? :(

Apparently she also despises homeschooling her children, yet won't put them in school.

eightbawl.blogspot.com/2011/08/teachers-dirty-looks.html

When my little guys tried this I would pull over asap and buckle their butts right back into their carseats. No videos, no pictures. Just a angry faced mama and a stern no that would repeat as many times as needed. My heart just about stopped when I saw those babies be-bopping around in a moving car. How about doing what I and thousands of other mothers did of giving your children rest stops and having them do what we called a "dog run". While stopped have your little ones run or move as much as they can to get the wiggles out and strech those limbs that need to move. A 10 minute dog run makes a much safer and happier trip for everyone. :doh:

I know some might disagree with me, but if they had been in an accident while letting their kids crawl around like that, and a child died or was seriously injured, they totally should be charged and sent to jail. What they are doing is just as stupid and careless as the guy who pointed a gun at his wife, pulled the trigger and killed her. It shows how much they think they are God's special snowflakes and things like seat belts don't apply to them or their children.

The comment of

"You know, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. And kids gotta move!

Great photos!" in the post

Is just wrong. You don't just need to let children be unbuckled and dance in a moving car and have someone film it to!

Now my dad when my brother and I were young let us do some stupid things on long car rides but we were also "technically" still buckled in. We would stretch the seat belt and sit in the leg room and play but only if we were on an open road with little to no traffic otherwise we sat in our seats properlly. This can't even be done now as kids are in car seats till 8 years old or certain height/weight.

edited because I hit submit before rereading for errors

Holy ever livin' crap. WTF??? No freakin' way. I'm totally with formergothardite and lpl. Dog run the kiddos (btdt) and it is criminally negligent to let little kids bop around in a moving car like that.

Coming from someone whose 6 and 8 year olds are STILL in 5 pt. harnesses.

And I LIKE homeschooling.

Apart from the total negligence of letting her kids act like that in a car, what sort of education can they be getting if she hates teaching them that much? If homeschooling is making you miserable, quit homeschooling. God won't hate you and your kids won't turn into serial killers. It will be okay.

Archived