IGNORED

I'm just here to point out the contradictions

Explanation:

Now, if Lori was being truthful, she would have written:

"Ken called. He said that because he is...we are...I am trying to create a softer, more tolerant image, I had to put the comments back."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This woman who is so freaking happy to publish people's private emails (or blog comments) and dedicate entire posts to them is actually harping on about *privacy?

166.gif

Lori's into privacy all right, but it's strictly Publicity For Lori Alexander. Her feelings. Her protection from embarrassment. She's fine with bandying other people's personal conversations all over the worldwide web.

I just read the linked article about Gary Chapman's and Amy Grant's divorce. First of all, the article was from 2001. Um...why is it being dug up NOW?

Anyway, I'd like to ask Lori a question but I'm not in the mood to be labeled a DETRACTOR!! So, I'll ask it here:

Why was it okay for Gary to give in and say "I won't beg anymore?" Not that I blame him, but Lori would never let a woman off the hook like that. A woman is expected to stay in a bad marriage, PRAY, SUBMIT, and win him without a word. A woman must NEVER give up on her marriage. But this guy gave in. Why wasn't he expected to live with an emotionally unfaithful and unhappy wife for the rest of his life?

Ken? Lori? Please answer why this man was justified in giving up on his marriage and was not expected to honor his vow in the absence of adultery, the only "true and right" reason that divorce is justified in your minds.

Because even when it's completely insignificant, watching this woman misrepresent herself to her readers never gets old.

Nov. 2014

I watch the news a little bit every day to stay up on it but it doesn't worry me.

Aug. 2014

I rarely watch the news since I don't need any more bad news in my life. We are commanded to dwell on the lovely, good, and pure for a reason.

April 2013

I rarely listen to the news anymore.

Because even when it's completely insignificant, watching this woman misrepresent herself to her readers never gets old.

Nov. 2014

Aug. 2014

April 2013

:lol:

I don't even think she realizes she is lying anymore.

Remember, ladies:

4. Helpless is not cute.

Unless of course you read many of Lori's posts, in which case she'll remind you that men want a helpless woman. They want somebody who depends on them to solve their problems, lift the heavy stuff and tell them what to do if a fire is moving toward their home.

So men don't like you to be helpless. Except when they want you to be helpless. But, don't be helpless because helpless is feminine so they like that. Solving your own problems means you aren't helpless, so solve them yourself. Except, don't. Because that's what men are for. Listen to Lori, ladies.

Speaking of inconsistencies, I'm still waiting for Klorien's explanation as to why it was okay for Gary Chapman to grant Amy that divorce in the absence of adultery. :think: :think: :think: When they have encouraged countless women to remain for years in an unhappy marriage, they hold Gary up as a hero for refusing to beg any longer. He did not have to sign those divorce papers. He gave up and I want to know why they insist on holding women to a different standard. Clearly, they have no reasonable answer for this.

*disclaimer: I fully support Gary Chapman's divorce if that is what he felt was right for him. I don't support Klorien's hypocrisy.

Remember, ladies:

4. Helpless is not cute.

Unless of course you read many of Lori's posts, in which case she'll remind you that men want a helpless woman. They want somebody who depends on them to solve their problems, lift the heavy stuff and tell them what to do if a fire is moving toward their home.

So men don't like you to be helpless. Except when they want you to be helpless. But, don't be helpless because helpless is feminine so they like that. Solving your own problems means you aren't helpless, so solve them yourself. Except, don't. Because that's what men are for. Listen to Lori, ladies.

Speaking of inconsistencies, I'm still waiting for Klorien's explanation as to why it was okay for Gary Chapman to grant Amy that divorce in the absence of adultery. :think: :think: :think: When they have encouraged countless women to remain for years in an unhappy marriage, they hold Gary up as a hero for refusing to beg any longer. He did not have to sign those divorce papers. He gave up and I want to know why they insist on holding women to a different standard. Clearly, they have no reasonable answer for this.

*disclaimer: I fully support Gary Chapman's divorce if that is what he felt was right for him. I don't support Klorien's hypocrisy.

What? You mean it's not all feminine and attractive to be incapable of grabbing important documents before your makeup when fleeing an approaching wildfire? And to need a big man to tell you that really, you need to just get the hell out of the path of the fire?

Also, didn't her idol Michelle Duggar teach women that self-sufficiency is not attractive?

What? You mean it's not all feminine and attractive to be incapable of grabbing important documents before your makeup when fleeing an approaching wildfire? And to need a big man to tell you that really, you need to just get the hell out of the path of the fire?

Also, didn't her idol Michelle Duggar teach women that self-sufficiency is not attractive?

^^RED HERRING!! DETRACTOR!!^^

Wonder how the Godly Mentor would have responded if a woman came up with a list entitled "Rules That Girls Wish Guys Knew"... I am guessing she'd have had a shrew fit :roll:

I liked this response:

My husband seems to be of an entirely different temperament than this guy! I wonder if he will ever find a gal who is content with his current status... or he might want to think about some steps towards growth and maturity!

It also might help that I am neither overly talkative, nor terribly focused on my appearance, shopping, clothing, or shoes. Maybe he just needs to find a more sensible gal to match with his no-nonsense view of the material accessories of life.

Of course, my hubby is (now) married, mature and a believer, but even before that: he was raised with high expectations of good manners, the fruit of the spirit, and general civilized behaviour -- which is also a way of "really" being a man. I think it's one I like better.

Although, I do like 42. It's a good one.

She copied an entire Stumbleupon post, except for leaving out the parts she found "inappropriate." Now I have to go look for the original . ..

And can I just vent that I HATE the tired "women are obsessed with shoes" stereotype? My feet are skinny to the point where it's hard to find anything that fits me correctly, so I developed an early aversion to shoe shopping. I wear New Balance sneakers until they are falling apart.

I'm sick of the whole sterotypical "all women are the same multi-tasking, shoe obsessed, vapid airheads" thing. Most of those "rules" apply equally to men in a relationship and many of them are pretty much just common sense. This artificial "men are from Mars" and "women are a different species" drives me nuts. It's sort of amusing to view the world this way when you're a teenager trying to work out how the world works, but grown ups should be way beyond this stage.

Ugh, I wish I hadn't read the post. It made me all kinds of ragey. My husband has way more shoes than I do -- it's a matter of necessity, and who gives a flying flip? They're his feet and his shoes. I don't shop. I hate shopping. I am not helpless. I don't complain about "no good guys," but I tell you what, I'm going to seriously side-eye a guy who claims to be "one of the good ones." Hint: If you have to TELL people you're a nice guy, you probably aren't. My husband DOES need directions: That's what Siri is for. Yes, sometimes he yells at Siri and sometimes he says really awful things to her, but he's always happy to have her along for the ride. We regularly take quizzes together because we're nerdy, and he always always always remembers our anniversary with a present that makes me swear he read my mind.

But this one ... THIS is the one that made me see red:

37. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

Hey, anonymous dude, this is a real freaking thing, and one would think Lori, who is always complaining about her pain, would know this. I have a neurological condition -- chronic migraines -- that may not cause headaches every day for 17 months, but it absolutely does cause severe head pain at least one week and usually closer to two out of every month. For much, much longer than 17 months. I think we're going on five or six years now. And instead of bitching online about it, my husband supports me because he knows that chronic migraines are WAY more than just "headaches." They are a cluster of symptoms that can include nausea, dizziness, fatigue, depression, vertigo, diarrhea, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, skin sensitivity, chills, distorted vision (aura) and sometimes even hallucinations. And these symptoms can arrive a day before the migraine (which can last several days) and continue for several days AFTER the migraine. So 10 headache days a month + (let's just say for simplicity) 20 symptomatic days a month = a whole month spent feeling like crap. Sometimes the pain overlaps with the other symptoms, and I cannot even describe how utterly shitty that feels.

And yeah, there are medications. Some of those (I'm looking at you, Topamax) are almost as bad as the pain. And did I mention that I only get nine abortive pills a month because they're associated with really horrible side effects like, you know, death?

If I want to not have sex because I have a headache, my husband understands and offers me one of those punishing backrubs (neck rubs, actually) instead. Because he loves me. Because he's awesome. Because he actually IS a nice guy.

Why did she add this "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself;" to a post that had absolutely NOTHING to do with men loving their wives? In fact, it was extraordinarily UNloving.

Speaking of inconsistencies, I'm still waiting for Klorien's explanation as to why it was okay for Gary Chapman to grant Amy that divorce in the absence of adultery.

1349197489057_6286192.png

Aren't Ken and Robert always going on about how the world disparages men and makes them out to be big oafs? Isn't Ken always saying how men can think more logically than women and be trusted to make wiser decisions?

So is number 6 true of men or not?

6. Understand that men are single-minded and can only do one thing at a time. So don't talk to us while we're doing something. We will either ignore you, because we don't hear you "honestly", or we'll screw up what we're doing because you've distracted us.

I'm surprised that Lori would include something that basically says men are simple minded lugs who can't manage to listen to their wives while changing a light bulb.

I cringed when she said Amy Grant destroyed the life of her children.

Way to make women feel HORRIBLE about themselves. Good job, Lori.

I know that I'm not one to keep up with celebrity news, but are Amy Grant's kids in rehab or jail? I don't understand where Lori is getting her facts. I haven't heard anything on the news about Amy Grant in years.

Also, where does Lori get off telling woman-kind how to dress? She wears blue jeans and then writes about women and men dressing differently back in the day. Someone should tell her that she needs to stop wearing blue jeans. What a hypocrite!

And she should really show pics of herself on her blog, like those Christmas pics, because they can see how hate ages someone. There'd be more detractors and less followers.

I am going to write this and you all will pounce on me, but I find Ken to be a pretty decent looking man. He could have done way better than Lori, like actually found a woman to have a healthy adult relationship with rather than Lori. Maybe she knows that and that's why she started being helpless and submissive as a way to keep him. Something about those Christmas pics shows me that Lori isn't all "there". Hard to believe that I feel a tad bit sorry for Ken (ok, feeling passed).

I know that I'm not one to keep up with celebrity news, but are Amy Grant's kids in rehab or jail? I don't understand where Lori is getting her facts. I haven't heard anything on the news about Amy Grant in years.

Also, where does Lori get off telling woman-kind how to dress? She wears blue jeans and then writes about women and men dressing differently back in the day. Someone should tell her that she needs to stop wearing blue jeans. What a hypocrite!

And she should really show pics of herself on her blog, like those Christmas pics, because they can see how hate ages someone. There'd be more detractors and less followers.

I am going to write this and you all will pounce on me, but I find Ken to be a pretty decent looking man. He could have done way better than Lori, like actually found a woman to have a healthy adult relationship with rather than Lori. Maybe she knows that and that's why she started being helpless and submissive as a way to keep him. Something about those Christmas pics shows me that Lori isn't all "there". Hard to believe that I feel a tad bit sorry for Ken (ok, feeling passed).

No pouncing here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I can't get past the smarmy expression on his face to accurately assess his attractiveness. That said, I suspect he could have done better than Lori, too, simply because she's such a pampered, useless princess who can't even say she loves him. As for her appearance, she reminds me of the old washerwoman on the Rankin Bass version of "The Wind in the Willows." (I so wish I could find a picture!)

I am going to write this and you all will pounce on me, but I find Ken to be a pretty decent looking man.

I think PP is pretty handsome, actually. So I have no room to talk.

I have long wondered why Ken and Lori got married to one another. He himself when he was here said their premarital counseling was not all it should have been. But he has mentioned many times that "her father was a doctor" and somehow I think he was marrying what he perceived was "success" at the time. Did her parents help them with money other than the used mercedes? Just curious. Did he introduce him to dentists, because the path from Seminary to Dental Consultant is not an obvious one and I've always wondered how that all started.

I would feel sorry for ken, excpet I believe he was no more ready for an adult relationship than Lori, and think neither of them would be today. His "basketball was sacred" bs even when he had small kids at home?. His bitching to his buddies? That shit would not fly with me, especially when I was younger. And, his horrific attitude toward women and his statement to me once about should the woman have a say on the budget even if she earned less money makes me think he has a history of being an ass. So he and Lori probably are a match made in heaven.

I wonder if Lori got married because it was "time" -- she was at the age she thought she should be married and happened to be dating ken.? Not all that uncommon a reason, I've noticed.

I think PP is pretty handsome, actually. So I have no room to talk.

If nothing else, this is definitely proof that what a person looks like on the outside has absolutely nothing to do with what's on the inside.

If we're speaking objectively, as opposed to what we really know about Ken and Lori, I will say I think Lori is rather pretty - looks wise. *commence with virtual food throwing now*

I don't find anything attractive about Ken. I think he's too old to be sporting that beard and fluffy hair. I picture him spending a lot of time with a blow dryer and hairspray each morning. He seems to be going for the cool scruffy look and he just can't cut it, in my opinion.

Now seems like a good time to share something that's bothered me for a long time. I get a really creepy feeling when I see a picture of Ken with his new daughter in law Emily. The way he went after Courtney on Lori's blog just makes me really concerned that he'd be a lecherous old man with no morals, even around his daughters-in-law. Also, the way Ryan seems to always be telling Ken how feminine and sweet Erin is...well...that just seems weird to me - almost like Ken says "Tell me again how she wears the pretty dresses and serves you...."

No pouncing here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I can't get past the smarmy expression on his face to accurately assess his attractiveness. That said, I suspect he could have done better than Lori, too, simply because she's such a pampered, useless princess who can't even say she loves him. As for her appearance, she reminds me of the old washerwoman on the Rankin Bass version of "The Wind in the Willows." (I so wish I could find a picture!)

When he was posting here, I got the impression that he knew all along that she was too pampered. He mentioned how he came from a poor family and how he later on got fed up with Lori spending too much money on food and other things. Maybe he knew he could have had a wife who wasn't pampered.

I have long wondered why Ken and Lori got married to one another. He himself when he was here said their premarital counseling was not all it should have been. But he has mentioned many times that "her father was a doctor" and somehow I think he was marrying what he perceived was "success" at the time. Did her parents help them with money other than the used mercedes? Just curious. Did he introduce him to dentists, because the path from Seminary to Dental Consultant is not an obvious one and I've always wondered how that all started.

I would feel sorry for ken, excpet I believe he was no more ready for an adult relationship than Lori, and think neither of them would be today. His "basketball was sacred" bs even when he had small kids at home?. His bitching to his buddies? That shit would not fly with me, especially when I was younger. And, his horrific attitude toward women and his statement to me once about should the woman have a say on the budget even if she earned less money makes me think he has a history of being an ass. So he and Lori probably are a match made in heaven.

I wonder if Lori got married because it was "time" -- she was at the age she thought she should be married and happened to be dating ken.? Not all that uncommon a reason, I've noticed.

I think Ken wanted to marry up in a way and he did. As I said before, Ken seemed annoyed with Lori in the past because of her privileged background. I think it possible that Ken's business might have been inspired/help by Lori's father. If Ken had become a full time pastor that might have raised concerns for Lori's parents when it comes ot money. I have no idea how Lori's parents are personality wise. But I think Lori had to have gotten her classist attitude somewhere. Maybe they encouraged Ken to do something else to support his family because they didn't want to Lori to "married down".

I am legit over here dry heaving.

Oh god.

I know. It's awful and I am appropriately ashamed.

Now seems like a good time to share something that's bothered me for a long time. I get a really creepy feeling when I see a picture of Ken with his new daughter in law Emily. The way he went after Courtney on Lori's blog just makes me really concerned that he'd be a lecherous old man with no morals, even around his daughters-in-law. Also, the way Ryan seems to always be telling Ken how feminine and sweet Erin is...well...that just seems weird to me - almost like Ken says "Tell me again how she wears the pretty dresses and serves you...."

omg, I thought that too, but then I dismissed it thinking I was just projecting my own personal revulsion re: ken. *shudder*

Archived